LivePerson Reviews

LivePerson

Live Chat, Messaging and Chatbots Solution Provider

4.5/5 (31 reviews)
Temitope E.

My experience with Liveengage has been perfect.

Reviewed on 2018/08/09

Liveengage has provided us with an effective medium to communicate with our clients. Thus we have greatly cut down on financial resource we spend maintaining telephone support, since most of our clients are very much comfortable contacting us via Liveenagege on our website.

Pros

Liveengage is very intuitive and thus very easy to use. All of my helpdesk colleagues have no complaints making use of this helpdesk solution ,same for new agent recruits whom we recently introduced to use this.
I am able to monitor the number of web visitors on our website in real time ,and know their geographical location(this has helped the marketing department).I am able to know what part of the website a website visitor I am chatting with is at ,thus making it easy to better address their challenge.
Liveengage is also very mobile friendly ,and this has made it easy for web visitors accessing our website to have a good experience chatting with our helpdesk team.

Cons

Liveengage has been our trustworthy helpdesk solution for the last two year period. There is absolutely no complaint from my end.

Basiirat A.

A better way to connect with web visitors.

Reviewed on 2018/08/25

LiveEngage serves as a connection between my organization and our customers. To my organization ,LiveEngage has gone beyond just being an help-desk solution , it has enabled us segment web visitors based on activities such as the part of our website they visit,how long they spend on a particular web page ,their past interaction with the help-desk team etc

Pros

LiveEngage is very user friendly and this is the first quality I look out for in any software solution. It enables customization including HTML integration which makes it easy for organizations to personalize the kind of content which comes along with having LiveEngage on their website.
I like the real time monitoring feature which so makes it easy to know where every web visitor is at,on every given time.The customer support agents on LiveEngage is just an extra reason why I love this program , they are polite ,willing to help and are available at all times.

Cons

It takes a while and some in-house training for new users to effectively maximize the benefits of LiveEngage. However ,this tedious learning curve has an huge return on investment for every organization using LiveEngage.

Great software but could use some upgrades

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

Pros

The ability to pull reports is great. You can set custom dates and filter by specific departments if this software is being used by multiple departments. This helps easily track metrics such as average interaction times, wait times, and any abandoned interactions. This software also makes addressing customer concerns quick and easy in real time. Customer account details display when the interaction is taken.

Cons

The cons I saw with this software is the inability to prioritize chats or allow chats to be taken based on 'cherry-picking'. When you have paid support modals, the ability to be able to pull those interactions right away would be beneficial. You can only take interactions in the order that they are received in the queue. Support issues take a while to resolve.

Response from LivePerson

Thank you for your review! In regard to the con you specified, you should work with your account manager to set that up! We DO in fact offer a configuration where certain departments, agent groups, or specific agent can get priority in receiving messages. You can also set up messages that come into specific departments (ie. message coming into support department vs sales department) to be prioritized over others so that higher-urgency messages can be responded to before lower-priority messages! Please do reach out to your account manager to implement this :) Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

7.0/10
Thomas H.

Gets better every day!

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Overall, the return on investment here is HUGE.

Pros

The introduction of automation and bots in the last 2 months has been absolutely HUGE for us. Our sales reps spend less time answering simple questions and more time closing deals and scheduling demos now. The FAQ bot we got set up with on our live chat window answers all of the most commonly asked questions now and it's been absolutely phenomenal. Customers get their answer, then agent jumps in bring in the sale.

Cons

The learning curve at first was a bit daunting, but in a few weeks you'll realize the analytics built into LiveEngage is second to none. You really need MCS for the agents to know when and if they should jump in to a conversation, in most cases, again, our FAQ bot handles all simple engagements, and then the agent jumps in to close the deal.

Lauren B.

Easy to use and efficient way to speak to customers

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

LivePerson is great because I am able to login to my account anywhere and immediately answer any questions that customers have. We link LivePerson to our website and it is very successful, there is a blue button on all our web pages which makes it easy for anyone to live chat with us. My favorite feature of LivePerson is the ability to know what page a customer is on when they are chatting with us. When we market events and share job openings, it is important for me to know where these job seekers are on our website - that way we can better answer their questions.

Cons

The only thing I like least about the software is the timing mechanism when someone requests to chat. I would prefer for there to be no timer

Jason T.

The software itself works well, but there are other more cost effective options out there.

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

We used LivePerson for several years, and didnt have any issues as far as the program and functionality. However we were able to find a new program that was a fraction of the cost and offered all the same features and more.

Cons

When we tried canceling our service with them, the customer service ignored several emails from us, and then tried to charge us for another 3 months of service even though we were not using them and paying month-to-month. In the end we had to fight it out with the credit card company

3.0/10
Donna D.

LiveEngage

Reviewed on 2016/11/23

The best thing about LiveEngage is their customer support. When our company has experiencing phone troubles and needed a way to communicate with our members LiveEngage stepped up and made that possible is a very short period of time. Their customer support is outstanding.

Pros

The customer services is outstanding. It is web-based and easy to use the chat function. Training our staff took minimal time.

Cons

The reporting feature is cumbersome. Reports are not as easy to retrieve as they were in the old version. I think the report feature could use some enhancements.

Zenovia L.

Live Engage

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

We are able to easily and efficiently engage with our customers & clients and resolve issues without being on the phone.

Pros

We use this at work and I really enjoy the easy functionality of the product. It is very easy to dock on the side of the screen and still be able to see all of the relevant information needed to conduct a chat. We honestly hardly ever have down time with the product.

Cons

There really are not any things at this time that I do not like about the product.

Saurabh G.

Live Engage - Next gen servicing through messaging.

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

Greater customer engagement and improved CSAT.

Pros

Asynchronous device agnostic messaging and conversation threading are both excellent features. The upcoming integration with bots along with rich messaging capabilities provide for a rick communication experience which our customers love.

Cons

The only con I see in Live Engage is from an administrator perspective, the core customer information panels on the servicing screens can not be customized or removed which presents a bit of challenge as secondary custom panels need to written to overcome the deficiency which causes the precious screen real state to get wasted.

Barbara U.

The best software app ever

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

Pros

This gives me the ability to see all my hot keys on the right side of the box which makes life easier and very convenient

Cons

The ability not to see what the other end types before they send it out :D

Great tool for our reps who live chat to our customers

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

Providing customers with other ways of reaching out to our customer service

Pros

The support. Live Person's support is second to none
Beautiful UI

Cons

Like all SAAS, you do get down time. Few and far between

Works seamlessly and has a great reputation in the industry

Reviewed on 2018/09/24

Pros

Works seamlessly. Integrates and plays well. Easy for operators to use. Full of data. Very easy for customers to use.

Cons

I have found nothing I do not like about this software. Used them for years until the price got a bit high for me.

Trish T.

Awesome service!

Reviewed on 2016/10/03

Live Engage is the BEST out there! The software is easy to use and the staff is very knowledgeable. If you care about customer service, Live Engage is for you. Utilizing your staff, Live Engage makes it easy to track responses and give great feedback to your guests! Try it! You won't be disappointed!

Pros

Cons

None

Great Program

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Great program. Has been for years.

Pros

Spellcheck. Easy to pull and editable pre-programmable custom texted.
The ability as an admin to invite leads to chat with ease and to view site traffic.
Great way to get open reviews on chat agents.

Cons

Nothing. Great program. Used in prior role extensively.

Chris L.

Best of Breed live chat platform for supporting online customer service needs

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/01/04

Pros

Great live chat solution which is just as easy to use for internal customer service staff as it is for online customers who need support

Cons

As a standalone solution, I found the cost quite expensive, and it wasn't straight-forward to integrate with other applications/platforms.

Erica B.

We used LivePerson for years but the functionality of it was truly lacking.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

The canned answer database and shortcut capabilities to send the available answers.
The ability for a supervisor to send a private message in the chat to the agent for them to copy and paste to their chatter.

Cons

Terrible customer service - we were charged for months after closing the account
Removal of desktop app
Drastic changes and updates without any warning or training

Newbie to chat, great for org

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/06/25

Pros

Great way to have multiple employees respond to web inquiries, lowering call volume and non-sales lead form submissions.

Cons

Set up took some time and things on the back end aren't the most intuitive but their chat team is excellent about walking you though things, trouble shooting, etc with screenshots and such.

Neat, useful and engaging software

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/04/17

Pros

I've used this to get instant feedback from customers, and improve customer service. It gives a direct channel to speak and listen to customers.

Cons

Not many drawbacks - does what it says. and have been using it for a variety of sites for some time now....

Simple LiveChat Software to use

Reviewed on 2019/04/20

It is a great tool with prospects inquiring. Easy to engage and talk to customers about your product.

Pros

Simple to use, offers a lot of info (e.g. where the person is located, type of computer (OS, Windows) and city, State too. It easy to use with other reps and acts in almost in real time.

Cons

The interface is not intuitive, but needs to be revamped, a little outdated. The feature set is limited and more features would not hurt.

does the job

Reviewed on 2018/07/09

Pros

works well for smaller organizations, especially where there are application engineers as well as in person sales teams to make sure they're online when necessary

Cons

a little frustrating with the setup process, but it wasn't too bad. the user interface isn't terrible but I do see room for improvement.

You can chat live with another person for many purposes.

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Pros

The LiveEngage provides platform for companies and independent freelancers to connect their clients directly. I've seen U.S. based retailers and financial institutions using this app to let their customers to chat with the customer service reps, and it was useful as i was able to take care of my concerns online instead of waiting on the phone for the actual person.

Cons

Design-wise, there's a room for improvement. Nowadays, the visuals for other chat platforms are becoming simple but it seems to me that LiveEngage still is sticking to the old-fashion look - with several buttons and small tabs.

7.0/10
Iris S.

Usability disaster

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

Horrible usability, trying to set up a custom button, even though I was following a tutorial they wrote, the tutorial didn't match up with the real thing, turned out the tutorial was old (why not remove it from your site??)

Trying to figure out myself how to 1. find an up to date tutorial (practically an impossible mission through the maze of unclear web pages and unsuccessful searches) 2. just see if it is intuitive enough to do without tutorial (normally I am savvy enough to do this) but no.

Contacted customer support (which was also not really easy to find, had to go through the sales chat), even with their help it was a pain in the *ss. They were really helpful and friendly, the website and console is just a usability horror.

Pros

Customer support is responsive and friendly.

Cons

USABILITY! ahk

0.0/10
Alice B.

Value and support

Reviewed on 2016/10/06

Great product and great support should you need anything ,was a funniest when it came to using some software but all I had to do was contact the support department and they plenty helpful. They even called me back to see if I was having problems.

Michael B.

Horrible customer support

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2017/05/02

we had live chat on our website for a test.

Pros

nothing really impressed me. I'm sure there are better live chat solutions out there that would most definitely have better customer support.

Cons

terrible customer support, a real pain to cancel the service...they continued to charge us even after the 90 day period from cancellation.

0.0/10
Chad F.

Adds another dimension to your customer experience

Reviewed on 2016/12/17

Live chat makes it very easy for customers to engage with your support staff. LiveAgent is easy to install and configure. Setting up new agents and canned messages for quicker support is a breeze. Highly recommend!