ClickTime Reviews

ClickTime

Online timesheets and resource planning tools

4.5/5 (37 reviews)
B F.

Simple to use with lots of functionality

Reviewed on 2016/11/28

I set our organization up with Clicktime 3 or 4 years ago and it's worked beautifully for us ever since. It was easy to set up, which allowed us to start to use it immediately - and it was customizable in the areas that we needed it to be flexible. I can run just about any report I might need and export them in either PDF or Excel (Excel was a must for us). I was having trouble finding a simple timekeeping system that would fit our small non-profit budget and number of staff and it boiled down to Clicktime and one other system. We opted for Clicktime because it was particularly easy to use and would appeal to the less technically-inclined among our staff. We've been pleasantly surprised at the amount of muscle behind such a simple user interface. The only potential drawback I could see is that their model of paying per employee/month could become quite expensive very quickly in instances where an organization hires many contractors or employs more staff as they grow. But overall, this has been a great system for us.

Pros

Simple user interface, lots of reports to choose from (and ability to export them in PDF or Excel), all the functionality we needed, easy to customize and get started!

Cons

The price per employee/mo model can easily bump this software from affordable to unaffordable in instances where we had to hire a bunch of contractors for a project. Since overhead isn't often recovered with non-profits, it forced us to have contractors track their time outside of the Clicktime system.

Cheryl E.

ClickTime has enabled us to better analyze operational and project costs!

Reviewed on 2016/11/23

Clicktime has a very intuitive user interface and it is easy to setup and maintain. It has enabled our IT department to track the level of effort we spend on operational task and project activities. We have a far better understanding of where our employees spend their time and able to make more informed decisions about where to invest our effort. It is also very easy to update and change the activities that are tracked so we have been able to evolve and mature our Clicktime usage over thee last two years.

We were faced with budget cuts, which required us to make sure we were investing our time on the right activities. Clicktime has been a valuable tool and has assisted us in understanding the cost of our activities, which has supported our decision making.

Pros

Cons

There are only 3 security roles available, even though you can configure access at an individual level it can be somewhat time consuming.

Tracks time

Reviewed on 2017/07/16

Does the specific task of tracking time very well. If you are looking to do just that, this is definitely worth looking into. it's easy and straightforward to use.

Pros

Perfect for time tracking, has good dashboard. Different ways to enter time, manually, via stopwatch, import. The different view and reports are great and ease of exporting time to other programs.

They have a good help desk and slightly modifying to suit. We wanted projects to be sorted by project number rather than by project name, which they modified instantly.

Cons

It just tracks time. Has some slight extensions such as estimation and budgetting, but is limited beyond tracking time. We are currently going away from the app as we're looking at a more integrated resource management tool. Mobile app is a bit clunky, but none of our staff needed to use this anyway.

7.0/10
Gayle S.

ClickTime makes our billing go smoothly!

Reviewed on 2017/04/20

The reporting functions are numerous and easy to use. You can get the data you need any multiple formats to fit most needs. The app and web interface are easy to use in the office and in the field.

Pros

Cons

We briefly tested the expense tool and found that it wasn't as functional as the tool we already use.

Liane W.

ClickTime is an invaluable tool for time tracking and project budgeting.

Reviewed on 2017/02/14

We love ClickTime. It helps us to be more efficient, more cost-effective, and ultimately, better able to deliver for our customers. ClickTime saves us countless hours and has a tremendous ROI.

Pros

The flexibility of the system

Robert B.

Valuable Product

Reviewed on 2016/11/23

Clicktime has helped us gain insight into our business that was not possible with other software. From the robust reporting tools to the innovative ERP system, Clicktime has been a valuable product for us. We have relied on their system for over a year now and will continue to for years to come. Also, their customer support team has been top notch and always resolves issues quickly. I know I can always count on them to help with anything within the Clicktime program. I have and will continue to recommend Clicktime to my colleagues within the PR field.

Pros

ERP system. Mileage and costs expense forms.

Cons

Does not integrate with Quickbooks online.

Tonja S.

Clicktime has been a game changer

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

This software has made it much easier to bill multiple projects and to keep up with non billable time to specific proposals.

Pros

I love the robust reporting of Expense and Time. It has greatly facilitated our client billing process.

Cons

There is one data entry thing that drives me nuts. When you enter new tasks it automatically tags the new line item to every open project. I have yet to figure out how to prevent this. I try not tagging to any project and then going back and editing but this doesn't seem to work either.

Hunter S.

Good at tracking time and expenses

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Pros

It is a great software to track peoples time worked and expenses. The reporting features are nice and encompass a lot of valuable information.

Cons

The website is a bit outdated and the service is very expensive when compared to other services. We recently switched services simply due to price.

6.0/10
Leanne J.

Customer Service far exceeds expectations. They have written the book! Fast response time.

Reviewed on 2017/11/02

Pros

This software is easy to use, has great report features. Best part of all is the help and support. Whenever I had a question, they were quick to respond and help me figure things out.

Cons

I wished the stopwatch feature could be restarted, once I had stopped it. If I was working on financial things, for example, and then later went back to financial projects, it would have been convenient to be able to just restart the timer I had used earlier in the day.

Aimee F.

We use clicktime to track hours for a unique group/classification of our stipended employees.

Reviewed on 2018/05/12

Clicktime is an inexpensive way to track employees' time. It is fairly customizeable and easy to use.

Pros

Its easy to use and pretty customizeable. The reports are easy to run and provide a good visual layout of weekly or monthly hours. It's easy to add employees and/or make them inactive. I also appreciate the feature that managers have to 'sign off' on hours.

Cons

We haven't been able to 100% customize it to meet every need, but it actually comes pretty close. For example, per the regulations of one of our funders, we needed to add a certifying statement. We worked around it by having each employee add the statement to a notes section.

Kevin M.

Love me some ClickTime!

Reviewed on 2016/12/09

ClickTime has been a very valuable app for Kenzan, providing us with the tools that we need to track projects, resources and all time...both billable and otherwise. They have made great improvements over the years and continue to evolve the app to make it increasingly user-friendly and intuitive. High fives all around to the ClickTime team!

Jerri F.

Powerful Reporting

Reviewed on 2012/06/25

I recommend this program to anyone needing a time tracking program that is intuitive for users and rich with information for management. It is an easy to use program with powerful reporting, using either the standard reports or individually customized exports.

Pros

The purpose of time tracking is to have useful information about what people resources are doing. Clicktime has a large number of reports that takes the data users enter and converts it to this type of useful information. In a few clicks of a button I can create valuable reports by person, by project, by task or by division. There are also reports that perform calcuations on this information to show man hour costs for projects or compare against the forecast. These simple to create reports are attactively formated can be exported into Excel, Word or a pdf to easily share information.

Cons

Sometimes I need information compiled in a format other than the standard reports Clicktime provides. While I can export all the data I need, it can be timeconsuming to compile the information I want to display. However, Clicktime Customer Support eliminated this con for me by creating customized exports and showing me how to easily compile the information I need.

Andrea A.

I needed a quick simple way to track time for a 6 month contract and seasonal employees.

Reviewed on 2017/12/04

live stats, premade reports, PLUS the ability to dowwnload excell spreadsheet to sort my own way. VERY USER FRIENDLY for new staff, GREAT SUPPORT assistance. Affordable and safe.

Pros

Easy to get up and runing, easy totrain new staff. Reports are wonderful, plus excel xport helped us monitor productivity and expenses.

Cons

Limited to only 500 sites/locations/projects. We would like to use this for our year round projects by tracking productivity, but we need 10,000 projects/locations. So for now, unfortunately, limited to our seasonal project.

Rob M.

ClickTime is very easy to use. It's ability to generate reports in seconds is fantastic.

Reviewed on 2017/10/31

Pros

Ease of use and ability to generate a wide range of reports can help businesses work more efficiently and run smarter. Customer support is fast and very helpful.

Jonathan G.

Review of ClickTime

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/05/18

It automated time keeping and allowed us to produce up to date reports easily as desired sometimes by customers.

Pros

Ability to run up to the date reports sliced and diced just about any way...e..g by client, by project, by person, by department, etc.

Cons

The Quickbooks integration was supposed to be plug and play. Unfortunately in our experience it was not.

Shawn M.

Not keeping up with the demand in today's business world

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

I used them for 10 years, got the job done, but would take hours to send out invoices. I finally investigated and realized there are tons of other programs that will generate the invoices and email with a click.

Cons

I no longer use them and not save hours a month now and TONS of less frustration and getting paid much quicker now.

3.0/10

Clicktime has been extremely helpful

Reviewed on 2017/10/25

Pros

With ClickTime, it's been extremely easy to track hours worked while juggling multiple projects. It's helpful for our team to stay on budget managing productivity. The Clicktime team has been very responsive in getting us set up

Cons

The UI could use a bit of a refresh. There seems to be a difference in the UX between the Website and App

Ira G.

Love this ClickTime!

Reviewed on 2016/11/23

Really having a great user experience with ClickTime. It helps me find the balance necessary between working ON the business and IN the business. It also keeps that pesky service creep out of our day!

Pros

easy to use. Great tracking and really helps me efficiently run the agency.

Cons

Took longer than I thought it would to get up to speed.

Brooke H.

Very user friendly

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/08/15

Very good.

Pros

Makes it easy to use from a computer or smart phone.

Cons

Finding the log in while google searching is not easy.

Tamara K.

Product is easy to use, customer service is quick to respond and very helpful!

Reviewed on 2018/02/16

Pros

The capabilities of the software are great and there is ease of use on the user, manager and admin level.

Cons

Based on our needs, there are some limitations on customization of features. For example, the ability to limit access for reporting within the manager role.

Steve N.

An extremely simple but effective tool!

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Pros

A simple online time tracking tool. Not overloaded with features but that can be a good thing if you are looking for a simple to use interface that encourages time tracking for your business

Cons

The features obviously could be more robust but in my experience with things like time tracking the simpler the better when it comes to getting buy in across an organization

7.0/10
Kathy L.

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2015/06/29

-The sales team follows you through implementation which is terrific. They understand the product and do not over sell. They can explain exactly what it can do. Any questions or problem was addressed and solved immediately.
-All the employees were able to adjust to the new system with little or no confusion.
-The reporting functions could be improved. All the information is in the system and you can get it, but it could be streamlined. It would be nice to have a saved report literally be the same requested data then you can adjust dates or add employees if need be.

Vicky K.

Professional Handy Timekeeping System

Reviewed on 2016/11/30

We spent a long time looking for a time management system that would work for our specific needs - when we found ClickTime we knew we had found the perfect system for us.
It is so simple to use, online tutorials mean users can get up and running in a very short space of time. We are just at the beginning of our ClickTime journey but are excited to see what lies ahead.
Customer support is second to none, the team are responsive and professional despite being on different time zones.
I cannot recommend ClickTime highly enough

Cameron M.

Great software, great people

Reviewed on 2017/02/25

We have used Clicktime for many years and it is invaluable to our business. It is one of the best tools on the market to help manage employee's time. The resource planning tool is heavily used by our teams, and the summary reports on the resource planning page give you a clear sense of the project status. With one click, you can quickly drill down to the details. The Clicktime staff makes themselves available and I am always impressed by their attentiveness, resourcefulness, and intelligence.

Julie B.

ClickTime saves Time

Reviewed on 2017/02/09

Right from the start we knew we made the right decision to use ClickTime. It has been a very valuable tool.

Pros

Ease of use and the support