Formstack Forms Reviews

3.8/5
4.0/5
4.0/5
3.7/5

Great tool, great customer support

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

Enabled us to capture information and have it automatically put into salesforce.com. The tool provided some features that we weren't able to get with just Salesforce such as attachment management (the ability to require attachments at various places in your form).

Pros

I used the FastForms version of this software. This software is fantastic for basic form needs that require salesforce integration. The software provides an easy to use form builder with a styling tool. Advanced customizations are possible with css and javascript.

Cons

Although it is great that we can customize with css and javascript it would be better if some basic things were included out of the box without requiring javascript or CSS. I'd like to see page specific styling and character counters as out of the box features that don't require custom CSS and javascript. However their customer support is fantastic and they went above and beyond to ensure that the customizations I needed were provided.

Response from Formstack

Thank you for taking the time to review our Formstack for Salesforce app. It is an awesome product!

We are continually updating our products, and would love to hear from you with any recommendations you may have. Please visit our ideas site at https://ideas.formtack.com and please define if your idea(s) are for the Formstack form builder or the Formstack for Salesforce app.

• Industry: Sports

I like it!

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

We use this for new customer registration and have it attached to a payment portal. It's great because the customer can check box all the agreements and use one signature for everything. Families can fill out all their information and Pay in less than 5 minutes. HUGE time saver and we get more business, because people don't have to ever stop and come back to it or flip through pages.

If you are a martial arts school and are trying to figure out how to do new student intake and payment without using the really expensive companies like Mind Body or Zen Planner. I highly recommend using along side a merchant system like MXmerchant or a couple of the others Formstack has listed on their website and is compatible with.

You can look at my website to see how we have done it ourselves, and saves someone else all the headache we went through before coming up with this. https://www.fitandkick.com/

Pros

As soon as I started the trial it was easy to navigate through, and I could pretty quickly figure out what I was looking for. Everything is organized intuitively for a new user. That is probably what made me happiest about it. It also has great options for keeping data protected. That was something we struggles with a lot looking at other form generators.

I can also generate a ton of different forms at no extra cost. I even use this if parents are signing for our annual potluck.

Cons

I don't get a lot of control manipulating the text for each field or heading. My biggest struggle is making the forms easy fora customers eyes to follow the page and be easy to fill out. When all the text is stuck the same size, the question and list of checkbox answers, it is kind of overwhelming, and customers in a hurry get lost and have to go back and re-read.

David
David

Formstack didn't meet our needs during development and now we're stuck with the bill

Reviewed on 2022/10/10

At first, our experience with Formstack was promising. However, it clearly became evident that formstack for Salesforce was ill-equipped to handle extensive forms with little formatting needs without passing data to the object.

Pros

We like that the product was a native salesforce integration and that it was capable of attaching the response PDF to the account object. Unfortunately, Formstack failed when it came to our formatting needs.

Cons

The BioSpine Institute needed a short term patient paperwork solution to attached the response PDF to the Account Object.

Unfortunately, we ran into several PDF formatting and rules issues. Our forms required hundreds of rules to hide and show fields based on the patient's input. The rules engine was not user friendly and cumbersome, forcing the user to search for existing rules by clicking through pages. We spent weeks trying to make it work. Our PDFs were 26 pages long when they should have been closer to 8. It was so long because hiding certain pages was impossible.

Formstack Forms produced an unacceptable product as it would slow and hinder Clinic operations.

Formstack's solution?

Formstack suggested using Documents, a feature we had not purchased, to format the PDF the exact way we wanted it. Unfortunately, this would require us to create hundreds of fields in Salesforce and pass the data from the form into Salesforce. We specifically discussed during the sales process that we wanted very little if any patient data in Salesforce. If this were known at the time, we would have looked for another solution.

After multiple meetings and communications, we expressed our desire to cancel the contract due to Formstack's inability to meet our needs as promised.

However, Formstack denied our request and is currently billing us every month for a product we can't use.

If you're looking for a form solution, don't use Formstack for Salesforce.

Docusign

Reasons for Choosing Formstack Forms

We need a native form solution that could attache the response PDF to the Account Object. This works, but you have little control over formatting without also purchasing the Documents product. But in order to use the documents product, you must build the fields on the account object to store the data. This was a no go for us and discussed during the sales meeting.

Jotform

Reasons for Switching to Formstack Forms

We chose formstack because of it's native integration with Salesforce.

Response from Formstack

Hi David,

We love to earn 5 star reviews, but this feedback is even more valuable to our team.

We're sorry we didn't have the features you were looking for here. I'll make sure to pass your feedback to our product teams to consider for future improvements. If you have any other feedback you'd like to provide, just shoot us an email [email protected]

Thank you!

Kristen

We use Formstack every day and we love it!

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

I love how easy Formstack is to use. Building forms is a breeze , the support is great, and we love that it integrates seamlessly with Unbounce to give us quality, high converting lead pages. Formstack has helped us refine and define our lead capture process and following up with qualified prospects has become even easier.

We use Formstack for all of our lead capture across our whole website. Since starting with Formstack over a year ago, we're seen an average lead conversion rate of around 30% -- and these aren't just any leads, these are warm, marketing qualified leads.

Cons

We're happy with Formstack's functionality, however we're not a big fan of their updated Dashboard in the platform. We used to see a screenshot of big picture stats and our average conversion rate. Now we see a listing with each of our forms, but we don't feel like we're getting the value we used to get through this update.

Response from Formstack

Hi Kristen:

We are thrilled that using Formstack has helped you refine/define your lead capture process. It's true that our updated Dashboard no longer has the big picture stats, as those stats represented the combined data of all of your forms, and we felt this was an outdated way to view performance. We hope this hasn't been too much of an inconvenience for you.

We appreciate you taking the time to review our product.

• Industry: Insurance

Super easy and convenient

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

The time and money saved driving to get applications signed, the mail and waiting forever for the client to sign and mail back. Formstack is quick and easy and saves so much time and energy!

Pros

How easy it is to use for the user and for the client that we send it to . Its only a couple clicks away and takes seconds. Also, when I print to Formstack, a little box comes up and takes me right there and the document is ready to go.

Cons

This recently starting happening, after I print to Formstack and the little box comes up to print I use to click on it and it would take me right to the document. Now it is taking me to my profile/account and i cant get out of it. I now have to close out of it and reopen the website again. This wastes so much time.

Randall
Randall

Best and Easiest to use Form and registration service that I have ever used

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

I have used Formstack since the have begun and really have seen them go from a great product to and even greater product through the years. I always explain it to say it is like Google Docs on Steroids. User interface is great and the customer service has always been amazing. Rather than spending an hour googling some solution to a problem I am having with a form I can always contact them by email or phone and get a great response spoon.
The integration with third party services are great as well as the custom notification emails sent to attendees of events based on how they fill out their form.
I can't recommend them enough for people who are trying to do online registration with groups of people.

Pros

Ease of Use. Integrations of third party services, customer service

Cons

Really not much. Any time I have had a negative I have called and they have fixed or shown me what to do.

Response from Formstack

Thank you for the wonderful review and for being a loyal customer!

• Industry: Automotive

Great tool for creating custom forms that can be used standalone or integrated into an...

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Did not have to spend time developing forms, rather could iterate quickly trying to find the best UX to get data from our users.

Pros

There are a lot of field types that make it easy to construct complex forms and workflows. Add the automation options (webhooks etc) and the product becomes very powerful.

Cons

While we were able to integrate the product into our own software, we had to do some javascript magic to make it happen. If there was an easier way to include formstack forms into our custom software, the product would be near perfect.

Response from Formstack

We love to see happy clients and appreciate the great review. We do have webhooks and an API that may help moving forward. You can find that info here: https://www.formstack.com/features/webhooks-api. You can also reach out to our Support team at any time with any questions you may have.

If you should have any recommendations to improve our product, please don't hesitate to add them to our Ideas site: https://ideas.formstack.com.

• Industry: Public Safety

Lots of Features

Reviewed on 2020/04/12

Great options for communicating with your survey users - you can set it so they are automatically emailed a response and also customize the landing page they are taken to after completing the survey.

Pros

There's a lot you can do with forms using this program. You can customize the URL of the form and easily embed it into other sites.

Cons

Sometimes when I duplicated forms, I noticed that the logic would get lost. This was frustrating as I would have to go through the form again to add the missing parts of the logic back. We also always had problems with people who saved their surveys being able to access them again.

• Industry: Law Practice
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Survey

Reviewed on 2020/01/16

Formstack is not user friendly. You must know how to use HTML code.

Formstack is not user friendly. You must know how to use HTML code.

Pros

Formstack allows you to create simple forms to use internally. The reporting features offered by Formstack are very easy to Navigate.

Cons

Formstack creates very generic templates to collect data that do not look professional enough to use externally. It can be very challenging to format the forms.

• Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Great Choice

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone. This is very easy to use and it keeps my recruiting job easily.

Pros

Great choice especially for recruiter like me, where I can send forms to the candidates so that they can easily review the documents needed for their application.

Cons

So far, I did not encounter any problems with this software. It is a great help for recruiters like me.

John
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Formstack Tech support

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

Field service request support

Field service request support

Pros

I think the software can fill many gaps in our current technology platforms

Cons

the support is way to slow, I have had a ticket open for 2 weeks with no reply and we are in the proof of concept stage as a gap filler in our technology platform- i have sent several follow up emails pleading for support with nothing back

123FormBuilder

Reasons for Choosing Formstack Forms

more features

Reasons for Switching to Formstack Forms

features, familiarity had used the product before

Response from Formstack

Hi John, we're really sorry to hear this. It seems like there may be a disconnect in our communications. Our Support Team typically replies within a 24 hour timespan. We will forward this review to them to reach out as soon as possible and investigate the communication issue further. If you would like to reach out to them as well, you can email our team directly at [email protected]. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback as it helps us continue to enhance our product and customer service.

Umer

Good retail experience followed by horrible B2B experience

Reviewed on 2023/06/08

Deceptive sales practices. High pressure sales.

Deceptive sales practices. High pressure sales.

Pros

Initial retail product was easy to use and set up

Cons

Deceptive B2B sales practice after we reached out to their sales team. Should have stuck to the $50 dollar per month product but they forced us to pay over $1,000 per month with a 1 year contract because apparently we require a BAA due to being a healthcare organization, even if we are in Canada where US law does not apply. Service was also not set up correctly and could not go live as intended. When we requested to cancel within a couple of days, never having gone live, they sent the $16k to collections. This company put a small business under a lot of distress. Sending threatening letters and court action, and has now in large part help push a business breaking even to insolvency and 4 people have lost their job now. Thank you!

Kathryn

Moving from Paper to Online Registration

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

Pros

We used Formstack as a first step of transition from having no online registration or information collection to accepting registration and payments online. I liked that it was fairly simple to create forms for information collection, but that information then had to be exported and transferred over to whatever system we used to store it.

Cons

While the basic drag and drop elements of the form were simple, it was not as straight forward to link it to payment software or collect payments. There were several instances where a box wasn't checked or the formula was not set up correctly by myself, another staff member, or volunteer and because of this payment didn't go through and had to be re-collected.

If you are a religious organization or non-profit, I would advise collecting information, registration, and payment through a database system or something that's more all encompassing rather than using

Greg

While there are many form tools out there, formstack wins!

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

We needed a secure way to collect sensitive information for use by several departments while keeping the data secure. Formstack does this and makes it easy for the team.

Pros

The ability to encrypt submissions and the simplicity of configuring additional users to view submissions. Finance, operations, sales and customer service all use Formstack and onboarding / training these departments was super easy. We set everything up in minutes. The form builder is super intuitive and easy to figure out. Our team loves the customization options around the email notifications. Would highly recommend.

Cons

I don't have any cons as it has served us well since day one.

Response from Formstack

Hi Greg!

Thank you for taking the time to review Formstack! We are absolutely thrilled that you have had a great experience and have been able to utilize us for various teams across your organization.

Trish
  • Industry: Entertainment

Functional Use for my Small Business

Reviewed on 2022/09/08

Overall I recommend this product for small businesses that need a tool to help them collect customer information and/or process payments. It is helpful that it has logic that allows you to better customize to customer needs. For example, we use it to collect cancellations and can upsell / cross sell to people based on the reason the cancel.

Pros

I like that it's easy to use and can be self taught. It is also helpful in that you can use it to process credit card payments and embed the form on your website if you don't have that software already built into your site. I've also found the "live" form that shows up right away to be a useful tool to determine if the form is built correctly and useful.

Cons

The formatting can be tricky and if you are building out logic it can be confusing. I've found myself making mistakes occasionally because of the logic and it not being clear what I'm about to do before I do it.

Response from Formstack

Hi Trish,

We really appreciate you being a customer and helping to share the word about us. Your feedback will be shared with out product team. We're here for you anytime.

Non existing support

Reviewed on 2022/06/28

Dissapointing

Dissapointing

Pros

Great product if you can get it up and running and you re tech savvy

Cons

Absolutely non existing support which when you pay 100’s of dollars a month is the least to offer

Jonathan
  • Industry: Higher Education

Formstack is an easy way to register gifts, registration, and other transactions.

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

We are accepting payments, gifts, and facilitating registration/ticketing with Formstack, and although it needs some work on the presentation aspect, it is a great and economical tool for nonprofits.

Pros

The simplicity of Formstack is its greatest benefit. It is extremely simple to set up, use (on the client-facing side), and receipt.

Cons

The additional functionality and presentation are absent with Formstack. We still use Formstack (and will probably continue to use it) because it doesn't have many problems, but from the client-facing side, the forms can look like they are from the early 2000's.

Ross
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Formstack is not worth it

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

Formstack is not a great option. I would encourage everyone to look elsewhere - Gravity Forms is a great alternative.

Pros

Formstack integrates with Salesforce which is why we originally chose this form builder.

Cons

Formstack is overpriced, pretty limited. Nothing you can't do with Gravity forms or another cheaper alternative. Customer service is not that helpful. Formstack recently bought Webmerge which was a great software. Since then, Webmerge has gone down hill as well.

Karen

Formstack has freed my time up for other projects!

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

I love Formstack. We went from an entirely paper-based registration system to using Formstack and now I only get 1 or 2 paper registrations a year (instead of 500+). It was intuitive and easy to set-up. So far, there have been options for everything I want to do. Plus, I can then keep digital records of my registrations instead of having files, and files, and files of paper. I particularly love the "emails and notifications" feature that allows me to set-up automatic notifications to each of my 45 parishes whenever someone registers, plus automatically send a detailed registration confirmation, another time saver for me! I've also used the Google-docs sync feature to communicate registrations to other people I work with across the state. I can set it up to share only what they need and keep other information private. I use the download to Excel and download to PDF functions to save data and manipulate data as needed. I loved using Formstack so much, I converted everyone in my office to it as well, and now we offer online registration for everything. Hello 21st Century!

Response from Formstack

Thank you for sharing your success using Formstack! We're glad we've been able to free up some of your time for other projects!

Nate

Spotty submissions, slow support response - we bought a car with no engine.

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

Pros

Helpful Salesforce integration saves times, very customizable branding options to designed multiple types of forms, fairly appealing interface.

Cons

We bought an engine with no car. Our users are submitting forms that are not recorded anywhere, and the support options are either incredibly slow, or, require you pay extra money every month.

Gregg
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

The Best I’ve Used for Forms

Reviewed on 2021/10/21

Pros

Creating complex forms was easy for me and I’m not a programmer. Lots of options for how to present and collect responses. Good integration with Google sheets for using the data after collection.

Cons

This is specific, but bummed it doesn’t integrate easily with NetSuite, which we just started using this year.

Formstack Review

Reviewed on 2018/08/09

Creating events with external partners, taking applications for events, submissions for journals, financial side is strong - been great!

Pros

Flexibility, individuality, ease of use, tutorials are strong

Cons

Can't seem to change design of submission pages (add logos etc) to make it a nice document to add into reports when needed

Sergio
Sergio

Gets the job done.

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

It can be integrated to many apps i already use.

It can be integrated to many apps i already use.

Pros

Very easy to use, you just have to drag and drop the fields you need in your form. If you are looking for an app that only makes regular forms this one is for you.

Cons

Not so powerful features, i have tried another free apps such as Google forms and it does almost the same the only difference is that those apps have the same functionalities for free!.

Laurel

Great form builder!

Reviewed on 2023/07/21

Pros

Easy to use, easy to collect the information I needed.

Cons

Had some difficulty with integrations in our e-commerce.

Google Forms

Formstack

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

Pros

Customer service is friendly and timely with responses in emails and over the phone
Easy to setup and add integrations for 3rd party products
Good interface for customizing confirmation and notification settings

Cons

When billing issues arise, we were given no notice, and all forms were shut down and unavailable
Export options aren't very user-friendly or easy to read
Not too many options to customize styling and make small aesthetic changes to form
Form user-interface can glitch sometimes and doesn't save