CareCloud

The EHR + PM Choice for High-Grown Medical Groups

Alex M.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Overall great for group practice in mental health

Reviewed on 2020/08/19

Pros

Ease of use and how much can be easily tailored to your own preferences! Especially like the app where I feel I can always have access to information I need.

Cons

Some ‘glitches’ occur and the support team is quick to get on it but at times dependency on software can be scary when it isn’t working. Suppose this is the case with tech in general.

Marie O.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Recurring appointments are on the schedule for good-these recurring appointments can't be...

Reviewed on 2021/04/08

Pros

It has all features of billing, scheduling and charts in 1

Cons

can't delete recurring appointments in bulk, and can't modify the times of these recurring appointments once they are set. What is the point of having a recurring appointment feature if any changes will have to be made individually anyway?

Andrew N.

Run away as fast as you can

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

CareCloud has been a nightmare. They came in toting being the easiest to use cloud platform on the market with robust reporting. It falls flat in every single category. CareCloud did not provide ways to report data for meaningful use until halfway through 2019. Reporting is limited. Advanced reporting is still limited to pre-determined metrics. Once they have your money don't expect to get the same treatment you get during onboarding, completely ghosted us after expressing multiple complaints about functionality and workflow limitations.

Pros

It is fairly simple to use but you are limited to baked in features and pre-determined workflow.

Cons

Constant slowness and crashing. Server stability issues weekly and performance issues occur daily.

Michael R.

Great Analytics

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Carecloud Charts is a good product. Consider the options and see if it's right for you.

Pros

Carecloud offers very good chart features, some of which are customizable. The reporting features are very robust. It saves you time, which saves you money.

Cons

All these features come at a cost. The system is a little pricey. Smaller practices may not be able to afford it.

Rhonda E.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Overall review

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Overall I think this is a wonderful EHR product and would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

The best feature of this product would be how easy it is to use.

Cons

The one thing I would like to see improve would be the correction errors.

Jenah H.

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

Pros

This software looks like an iPhone. It is very user friendly to every employee. Basic features do not require much training.

Cons

Customer service is not great! You are assigned a "support representative", but they are not the first line for support.

Christopher M.

CareCloud Suite

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

Overall very happy with CareCloud

Pros

I am able to customize most of the workflow for me, and can tailor it to my practice.

Cons

Customization setup portion can be a bit clunky, but it eventually works. Would be nice to have even more customization ability for very particular field sets

Erica B.

CARE CLOUD

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

LOVE CARECLOUD. SUPER RESPONSIVE!

Pros

SO EASY TO USE! GREAT REPORTING AND TRACKING.

Cons

I WISH RETURNS OF SIMPLE CHARGES WERE EASIER

Blake M.

CareCloud is a Customer Service Nightmare

Reviewed on 2021/03/08

CareCloud was unable to meet our needs after being unable to meet the promises given by the sales team. Once we attempted to finish our implementation, its weaknesses became glaring with regards to capability and lack of customization. Due to this, we decided CareCloud is not for us. Upon learning this, CareCloud blackballed us and forwards us to voicemail and disregards all email communication. After months of silence, they sent a lawyer after us to attempt to get 6 figures out of us just to leave the company. They did this during a global pandemic in an attempt to permanently damage our small, family-owned medical clinic. We are now at 6 weeks of their lawyers forwarding us to voicemail as well. We are stuck in limbo and unable to find a better-suited medical records system and believe that CareCloud is hoping we will just pay them off even though we do not have the funds to do so. This is a terrifyingly shady company that I would hope is no longer allowed to damage small medical practices like ours in the future.

Pros

Ease of use is there. CareCloud has a modern aesthetic that is easy to navigate.

Cons

The customer support. They are completely incapable and clearly lacking any sort of leadership.

Laura M.

Seamless workflow and great support

Reviewed on 2016/04/22

CareCloud’s intuitive design has made our office workflow seamless. The interface is very easy to use and our staff is very easily trained on new functionality. CareCloud is always working to improve the product and frequent updates are available for free to help users better navigate the system. The concierge service has been very helpful to us as a new practice. Having a case manager who is just a phone call or email away helps us solve any questions or problems quickly.

Pros

Great desing, seamless workflow, clean billing software, denials worked correctly, personal service with the concierge team

Cons

Previously there was a delay in working denials but this has improved greatly over the past 6 months.

Jeff P.

what to think after two years of care cloud

Reviewed on 2016/04/12

I have been using care cloud for over two years in my practice. Over the past four to five months, something has changed about there service model. I am one of their concierge practices, which means I am paying for them to provide a full service billing model. Unfortunately, they are now tasking billing issues back to my practice to take care of, and I have had to hire a billing person to deal with these tasks. (The purpose of me using their full service billing model was so that i would not need to have a billing person full time.) I can only say that I have become more and more frustrated with them and their increasing lack of service. We used to get weekly reports from the person assigned to our practice and she was easily accessible by email, but they no longer provide this type of service. When I brought up several of my concerns, I was told that this is not the way that they are doing it anymore. I have begun the search for a new EMR. It is disappointing because they used to provide excellent service and I could recommend them to other people.

Hans S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

It is fantastic and extremely user friendly.

Reviewed on 2015/09/10

Pros

The user friendly nature of CareClouds App software manages to make the provider confident that they are documenting everything to meet their own needs as well as the needs of meaningful use.

Cons

The buffering time in between clicks. Our Doctor complains about how often CareCloud takes to "think" in between functions.

Darren M.

Worst PM I have ever encountered

Reviewed on 2019/06/12

Horrible I cant wait to get away from this company

Pros

Nothing at all

Cons

Support is a joke. They are rude, never return calls or emails, close cases with out fixing the issue.

Michelle S.

I would highly recommend CareCloud to all practices!

Reviewed on 2014/04/17

Pros

I like the transparency, accountability, and user-friendliness, especially compared to ADPAdvancedMD, e-ClinicalWorks, and AthenaHealth. I have used over 20 software vendors and love the functionality of CareCloud. The system goes above and beyond what their competitors offer. I also really like the collection app and how they have their claims app set up.

Cons

The EDI department. I take it on myself for all my clients. The support team is outstanding.

Mark P.

Buyer BEWARE!

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

Poor product
Poor communication
Poor support
They lie to close the deal! BE WARE

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for implementation they where the only ones who responded to us and where amazing

Cons

Nothing is as promised. It is the worst EHR on the Market. Office Ally is better than this software.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Needs more intuitiion, more ease of use for staff and physicians

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Pros

Has general functions that area easy to use for staff and physicians but lacks the robust total functionality that would make the entire practice thrive with this product.

Cons

Needs far more intuition, ease of use, proactive functionality, less mouse clicks, intuitive guidance to next screens, more face time with patients

Michael B.

Carecloud year review

Reviewed on 2015/09/24

Pros

Continue to update and improve system. E prescription is very helpful and fast. Check in check out function with time clock. Mobile app capabilities and ability to eprescribe from phone and contact patient if necessary

Cons

Inability to customize bubbles or create own. Don't have dx ability to organize by most used

Heather M.

Carecloud is awesome!

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

Carecloud is an excellent practice management system. The ease of training new employees on the system is great. Carecloud is easy to learn and manages patients accounts well

Deborah C.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Challenging and exciting

Reviewed on 2017/04/13

Helpful implementation team, progressive company willing to think outside the box to meet your needs

Pros

Customizable, approachable team, simplistic features/app-based but interactive, tons of financial data and analyses.

Cons

Could flow a little smoother from function to function however work flow can be easily customized to find a new normal.

Sherry E.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Good idea but not developed enough to offer yet.

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

We switched from Athena and in less than one week we were making arrangements to go back to Athena.

Pros

Price was very attractive and ability to control our own billing.

Cons

The functionality was way below par. It shows well in demos but when it came time to use it the pieces don't fit together very well. Too many steps to to things in the chart. Referral piece was very poor.

Rebecca H.

Reimbursement Specialist

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

At the end of the day...money is where it matters. Clean claims, timely submissions, prompt EDI tools and ability to communicate regarding outstanding A/R, CareCloud out of several software billing systems I have used throughout my 25 years has been hands down the most technically enhanced out there. We promote CareCloud to all our clients as we see them at the times of doors opening and or at a critical time in their practice where upgrading their software to keep current, current and close out older software that was hurting A/R rather than helping. A healthy A/R promotes growth in a practice and we have seen and assisted growing practices with excellent tools like CareCloud. Thank you

Pros

I work primarily in the collections module. Within my line of work I deal with all of the other modules to complete my investigation on a denial or no response claim. I enjoy the reporting analytics module to quickly determine a trending issue among our providers within date ranges and the sorting features are endless.

Cons

The hold feature on patient balances. The collection piece on patient collections are outdated. I can run a report, individually go in and place an account on hold but I cannot collectively take statements off hold. I would like patient collections to be updated.

Carla A.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Everything that we need is always in the next phase, with no timelines or details of a plan.

Reviewed on 2017/09/12

Pros

The patient check-in screen is really easy to use; you drag and drop. Plus, the patient pictures are great.

Cons

The calendar settings are global, so with having allergy patients that come in 1-7 an hour, we are unable to use many features because it would give false information on when the next available appointment is, and just unable to customize each doctor's and areas calendar is a huge drawback. We currently have them doing our billing; once we bring billing in-house, we lose our client support representative, which was our only saving grace on trying to get some answers and get anything done. The billing is not good; many of our insurance companies won't take their calls anymore. When we take over a case that they are supposedly working on, we are told not to do our own billing. Our billing specialist can get the issue cleared up in 1 phone call and CareCloud will have been working on it for months. The notes left by the case support people are horrible. They don't make sense, it doesn't really say what they've done, and it is the same comment time after time, and nothing gets resolved.

Megan C.

Carecloud takes the cake for all of the software systems I use daily!

Reviewed on 2017/09/12

Overall, I work in numerous systems every day and looking at the services compared to the price I think Carecloud is most definitely worth every penny. If you look at the seamless process of checking patients in and checking their eligibility, the system is extremely helpful compared to others. I always say, " You get what you pay for!" and Carecloud shows that on every level.

Pros

I like the all in one user friendliness! ERAs individually split up for billing secondary claims which makes them a breeze! Also, printing proof of timely filing from the patient screen helps out tremendously. The Collections app is probably my next favorite. I don't feel like I am stuck running reports all day. Instead, I can go in to my denial bucket and work the claims directly from there without having to run a report and then go to the patients one by one and then work the claims. I also love that it stores copies of all of the statements that I generate for each patient so when a patient calls regarding a balance and has a question, I can tell exactly what they are looking at!

Cons

The one thing I do not like about Carecloud is the inability to send claims on demand. If you miss pick-up at 8p.m. the claims have to wait until the next night. I wish we could get a change for this. Also, I wish when working with claims in the outbox that we could select as many as we want and then be able to change the delivery method all at one time, like printing without the claim form. It would save our office time as we have quite a few that have to go paper.

Renee A.

CareCloud review

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

The customer service at CareCloud is exceptional!!!!! Anytime we've called they have always been pleasant, helpful and usually are able to solve our issues.

Pros

The billing and collections modules have increased our revenue. With the two modules we can immediately see if a claim has errors. Our old EMR system took weeks for us to receive a denied claim. The Appointment module is easy to use.
When we first started with CareCloud in 2014 the Prescription module was easy and quick to use. The main reasons we selected CareCloud was because of the Billing, Collections and Prescription modules.
We are extremely happy with the reporting module. We are able to get so much more information from the system than with our prior EMR.

Cons

I wish the system would alert you if you scheduled a physical to early (less than 366 days).
The recent upgrades to the prescription module has made it harder to use. With these changes now there is more room for errors to be made when selecting the medications. It takes us twice as long to fill prescriptions with having to search for the correct medication from the lists.

Ramakanth V.

WORST COMPANY

Reviewed on 2020/08/19

Worst experience you can ever have. Your practice can go bankrupt with the amount of charges you pay for this stupid E HR

Pros

Nothing, this is the worst software you can never imagine. They make you believe that it is the best software but there is nothing in it that she would like. Very costly. They keep adding up charges and you will end up with a huge bill. Although want his money. Customer service is extremely poor.

Cons

Everything is worse.I cannot think anything good about this .