CareCloud

3,8
John O.

Caring With The Cloud

Reviewed on 2016/04/20

Care Cloud is an innovative EMR system that allows or practice, Westford Dermatology, to shorten our revenue cycle and maximize the financial growth of our practice without any of the paperwork.

Pros

This is a cloud based platform that is very easy to use, and the communication between the vendor and the client is great! They are very responsive and help alert us to problems before we even realize problems exist.

Cons

None at this time. I believe I am a hard client to please. I am also very price sensitive and Care Cloud continues to surpass my expectations, especially for the cost.

Sheila S.

Practice Management System Partnership

Reviewed on 2019/11/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We have used Care Cloud since 2010 and a lot of improvements since then. My staff and I have loved to use
this system since day 1. We never thought to try another system all these years.

Pros

it is most user friendly system I have worked with in over 30 years. The notes module and reporting are awesome ...

Cons

maybe Charts and some of the analytics are not what I would like

Rebecca H.

Reimbursement Specialist

Reviewed on 2019/05/23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

At the end of the day...money is where it matters. Clean claims, timely submissions, prompt EDI tools and ability to communicate regarding outstanding A/R, CareCloud out of several software billing systems I have used throughout my 25 years has been hands down the most technically enhanced out there. We promote CareCloud to all our clients as we see them at the times of doors opening and or at a critical time in their practice where upgrading their software to keep current, current and close out older software that was hurting A/R rather than helping. A healthy A/R promotes growth in a practice and we have seen and assisted growing practices with excellent tools like CareCloud. Thank you

Pros

I work primarily in the collections module. Within my line of work I deal with all of the other modules to complete my investigation on a denial or no response claim. I enjoy the reporting analytics module to quickly determine a trending issue among our providers within date ranges and the sorting features are endless.

Cons

The hold feature on patient balances. The collection piece on patient collections are outdated. I can run a report, individually go in and place an account on hold but I cannot collectively take statements off hold. I would like patient collections to be updated.

Alex M.
Industry: Mental Health Care

Overall great for group practice in mental health

Reviewed on 2020/08/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Ease of use and how much can be easily tailored to your own preferences! Especially like the app where I feel I can always have access to information I need.

Cons

Some ‘glitches’ occur and the support team is quick to get on it but at times dependency on software can be scary when it isn’t working. Suppose this is the case with tech in general.

Michael R.

Great Analytics

Reviewed on 2018/05/01
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Carecloud Charts is a good product. Consider the options and see if it's right for you.

Pros

Carecloud offers very good chart features, some of which are customizable. The reporting features are very robust. It saves you time, which saves you money.

Cons

All these features come at a cost. The system is a little pricey. Smaller practices may not be able to afford it.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Andrew N.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Run away as fast as you can

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

CareCloud has been a nightmare. They came in toting being the easiest to use cloud platform on the market with robust reporting. It falls flat in every single category. CareCloud did not provide ways to report data for meaningful use until halfway through 2019. Reporting is limited. Advanced reporting is still limited to pre-determined metrics. Once they have your money don't expect to get the same treatment you get during onboarding, completely ghosted us after expressing multiple complaints about functionality and workflow limitations.

Pros

It is fairly simple to use but you are limited to baked in features and pre-determined workflow.

Cons

Constant slowness and crashing. Server stability issues weekly and performance issues occur daily.

Carla A.
Industry: Medical Practice

Everything that we need is always in the next phase, with no timelines or details of a plan.

Reviewed on 2017/09/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The patient check-in screen is really easy to use; you drag and drop. Plus, the patient pictures are great.

Cons

The calendar settings are global, so with having allergy patients that come in 1-7 an hour, we are unable to use many features because it would give false information on when the next available appointment is, and just unable to customize each doctor's and areas calendar is a huge drawback. We currently have them doing our billing; once we bring billing in-house, we lose our client support representative, which was our only saving grace on trying to get some answers and get anything done. The billing is not good; many of our insurance companies won't take their calls anymore. When we take over a case that they are supposedly working on, we are told not to do our own billing. Our billing specialist can get the issue cleared up in 1 phone call and CareCloud will have been working on it for months. The notes left by the case support people are horrible. They don't make sense, it doesn't really say what they've done, and it is the same comment time after time, and nothing gets resolved.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Jeff P.

what to think after two years of care cloud

Reviewed on 2016/04/12

I have been using care cloud for over two years in my practice. Over the past four to five months, something has changed about there service model. I am one of their concierge practices, which means I am paying for them to provide a full service billing model. Unfortunately, they are now tasking billing issues back to my practice to take care of, and I have had to hire a billing person to deal with these tasks. (The purpose of me using their full service billing model was so that i would not need to have a billing person full time.) I can only say that I have become more and more frustrated with them and their increasing lack of service. We used to get weekly reports from the person assigned to our practice and she was easily accessible by email, but they no longer provide this type of service. When I brought up several of my concerns, I was told that this is not the way that they are doing it anymore. I have begun the search for a new EMR. It is disappointing because they used to provide excellent service and I could recommend them to other people.

Keidra R.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Care Cloud Charts

Reviewed on 2020/08/17
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

My overall experience has been great. Accessing patients chart's are much easier.

Pros

The maneuverability throughout the system and the ease of understanding the system.

Cons

No Cons reported. It was supper easy to learn the system and is getting much easier.

Phil C.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals

UI isn't the best

Reviewed on 2018/02/28

Pros

The support is good. They are easy to get a hold of and they can fix the issues in a very timely manner.

Cons

Support is needed often, its hard to find where you are trying to navigate to and the crashes sometimes

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Laura S.

Carecloud compatibility

Reviewed on 2020/03/26
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall, I have been impressed with Carecloud. When ever there is an issue, they rise to the occasion, making my day better which comes down to making my patients' care, and their day better, which is who we are really serving. It has also allowed me to see the productivity of the practice. As a midlevel, this allows me to ramp up productivity on my part, especially if the month has been slow.

Pros

I have worked with numerous EMR platforms. Carecloud has been the most user friendly. It has a great interface when working with a patient chart: Providers can change the widgets to create the initial view of the chart in the most efficient way; providers can create very specific templates in relation to the reason of visit thereby limiting the time it takes to document; with the right computer and specs, it's very fast which tackles the "time toilet" of EMR; providers and staff have the ability to view the entire chart from their iPhone or Android at anytime so if wifi goes down you never lose the chart data; and providers can view their productivity as a practice or individually at any time from their platform. Providers can choose to see the productivity dashboard, the schedule dashboard, or the clinical dashboard upon signing in making it efficient for even the physician who owns his own practice to view all the information for his business within a few seconds, or browse his schedule for the day. It hardly never goes down. In 5 years, it has only gone "down" once for approximately 6 hours, if there is ever an issue it usually is back up within 20 min.

Cons

I do wish Carecloud was compatible with an iPad. Currently, I use a flip laptop by Dell and it works but if you use a larger laptop, it is cumbersome to take into each patient room. I also wish the help desk staff was more aggressive at completing tasks with a great fix, I usually figure it out by the time support calls back. IT support usually responds within 2 hours. They tend to call during clinic hours. Currently, if you have a suggestion, it goes into a queue, and is determined by the Carecloud support what is priority to be considered. I would say about 70% of my requests have been addressed and fixed, but it takes time. As a provider, there are medical legal issues that I am aware of that I'm not always sure IT is aware of. I wish that the Carecloud support staff would take providers' suggestions as a priority and realize that we are watching out for our patients welfare as well as our own and protecting our license to practice medicine.

Megan C.
Industry: Financial Services

Carecloud takes the cake for all of the software systems I use daily!

Reviewed on 2017/09/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall, I work in numerous systems every day and looking at the services compared to the price I think Carecloud is most definitely worth every penny. If you look at the seamless process of checking patients in and checking their eligibility, the system is extremely helpful compared to others. I always say, " You get what you pay for!" and Carecloud shows that on every level.

Pros

I like the all in one user friendliness! ERAs individually split up for billing secondary claims which makes them a breeze! Also, printing proof of timely filing from the patient screen helps out tremendously. The Collections app is probably my next favorite. I don't feel like I am stuck running reports all day. Instead, I can go in to my denial bucket and work the claims directly from there without having to run a report and then go to the patients one by one and then work the claims. I also love that it stores copies of all of the statements that I generate for each patient so when a patient calls regarding a balance and has a question, I can tell exactly what they are looking at!

Cons

The one thing I do not like about Carecloud is the inability to send claims on demand. If you miss pick-up at 8p.m. the claims have to wait until the next night. I wish we could get a change for this. Also, I wish when working with claims in the outbox that we could select as many as we want and then be able to change the delivery method all at one time, like printing without the claim form. It would save our office time as we have quite a few that have to go paper.

Renee A.

CareCloud review

Reviewed on 2019/05/23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The customer service at CareCloud is exceptional!!!!! Anytime we've called they have always been pleasant, helpful and usually are able to solve our issues.

Pros

The billing and collections modules have increased our revenue. With the two modules we can immediately see if a claim has errors. Our old EMR system took weeks for us to receive a denied claim. The Appointment module is easy to use.
When we first started with CareCloud in 2014 the Prescription module was easy and quick to use. The main reasons we selected CareCloud was because of the Billing, Collections and Prescription modules.
We are extremely happy with the reporting module. We are able to get so much more information from the system than with our prior EMR.

Cons

I wish the system would alert you if you scheduled a physical to early (less than 366 days).
The recent upgrades to the prescription module has made it harder to use. With these changes now there is more room for errors to be made when selecting the medications. It takes us twice as long to fill prescriptions with having to search for the correct medication from the lists.

Ann K.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Worst choice since starting my own medical practice; I turned away from Carecloud after 2 months of

Reviewed on 2016/11/18

I am a solo practitioner in internal medicine. I used Athenahealth before Carecloud due to college's recommendation. But the feels for non closed loop orders were getting expensive so I looks for a program that won't charge me a dollar for each prescription. I was interested in Carecloud due to their App settings and made it look easy to document/chart.
I should have known when they were trying to get me to sign their contract that I was in for a big diasppointment. They, the sales rep gave me a deadline to sign the contract with appealing price if I sign before the timeline. He got me on the phone with the big boss, also the same thing,' its the lowest price so sign now', like a used car dealer to seal a deal. I was a fool, $36,000 lost due to my stupid action signing that day. I will regret for the rest of my life. After 1 month of use, I knew this isnt what I wanted to uses going forward. I plan to make a youtube video showing how slow Carecloud is. Whenever patient calls for appointment or refill, it takes long time to pull up their charts and all patients complain ' why does it take so long to pull up my chart?' and we say it's our carecloud program... But that's just the tip of the iceburg. Here are the reasons I gave them for terminating with them.

1 - Promise to incorporate clients' suggestion for improvement to their platform is an empty promise. We have offered them pages upon pages of suggestions, of which exactly NONE have been incorporated in their promise of "updates" every 3 weeks. When challenged on this, the company brushed us off, saying "do you know how many providers we take care of?" Pretty clear that we, as a individual client, are not important.

2 - It may look organized but when actually using it, it forces you to move back and forth all day long between different organizational icons. Even the simplest task of ordering a patient's lab requires at least 5 minutes. It is the farthest from "user-friendly" that we can imagine!!

3 - By definition, an EMR is an ELECTRONIC medical record. Despite this, any documents that require the provider to initial or sign (all home health documentations, labs to be reviewed, etc.) need to be printed, then hand signed, then re-scanned into the computer. Be prepared to have your support staff spend an extra-ordinary amount of time managing this challenge. Again, our practice has asked CareCloud to address this concern several times without any indication that they will actually become a

Pros

initial look of it, looks different, but it is an illusion to believe that you will be better organized provider/front desk/reception with the App functionality.

Cons

cons: Slow, breaks down.
Slow and shuts down.
Jumping from app to app to just to see patient's insurance information, up coming appointment, and to see EOB, that is not allowed in carecloud. You have to download CMS program to see EOB.
When claim has issues, it can sit in an app and none of your manager or carecloud will let you know that there is problem in you A/R, help you to solve problems. You are on your own. I almost went broke due to using their concierge service. No money was coming in.... Be prepared to get a loan or go broke with their billing services.

Kenneth A.

Right choice

Reviewed on 2015/01/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I have read many of the reviews and wonder what experience these writers have had with EHR systems. My experience has been very positive from ease of use to cost. I compare it to my first EHR which I will not name. We were able to get started with minimal training and the providers input has helped get changes made for the better. It is easy to try something and complain, but I can tell you from my experience, the CareCloud staff and employees have made great effort to build a system that conforms to good patient flow and ease of use. The color coding gives the program appeal and is a useful tool as well. As the Coder/Biller can tell you, having the providers chose the right ICD 9 code makes my job a lot easier. It helps us to get our claims settled much quicker with a higher first time pass rate. We believe that we are just achieving a small percentage of what CareCloud can do for us in the long run. I look forward to a long relationship with CareCloud so we can become subject matter experts.

Cons

I have very little to complain about. We are learning new features and incorporating them daily. I think if we were taught everything at once we would have a brain meltdown. As for the vendor, we have no complaints.

Melody K.

Great experience with CareCloud EHR

Reviewed on 2018/04/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I would recommend CareCloud for any practice.

Pros

We have used CareCloud EHR for almost 4 years and it's been great. The EHR makes it simple to manage my clients and practitioners. It has great functionality and is user friendly overall. The billing app is the best. I actually eliminated an admin position by using the billing app.

Cons

I would like for the iPhone app and the calendar app to offer a few more features. It would also be nice if there was way to upload and store clinical documents.

Mel H.
Industry: Medical Practice

All that was expected and more

Reviewed on 2018/02/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I recommend CareCloud to anyone that would like to upgrade workflow, efficiency, analytics, MIPS, cashflow, clean claim rates, and the list goes on.

Pros

Ease of use is fantastic. Training was great and all employees have learned the software within a few hours.
Go-Live was much easier than expected.
All providers find it very simple and easy to use.
Customizable
Add Breeze and the power and features of the software expand to create efficiencies that seem to be unrivaled.
Support and training are top notch
Support staff speak english that one can actually understand
Claims are scrubbed using 3 clearing houses that work with dozens of second level vendors who work specifically with payers increasing clean claim rate
Analytics are great. Easy to create reports, dig into the EMR to pull data, create dashboards for each employee and provider if desired. Dashboards so that each employee and associate can check KPI's each day and real time.

Cons

Our practice didn't discover CareCloud years ago.
One minor challenge when dealing with self-pay payment ID's for easy posting. A work around though solved the problem.

Brissa P.
Industry: Medical Practice

WORST EMR - PRACTICES BEWARE!

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Awful. Our original project manager left as soon as we launched the product. Then our lead contact left, then our sales rep, and they've continued to have HIGH turnover rates with their people, which is HUGE RED flag for the overall reputation of the company. They promised us all these changes would take place at the end of last year...has anything changed? No. We have had connectivity issues and when you call support they are completely useless and rude about the situation. It completely affects our operations and I would highly recommend you go elsewhere!

Pros

The only pro is that it is visually appealing and easy to follow. It looks like apps from the Apple Store...but don't let the fool you...keep reading.

Cons

Where do I begin? There is CONSTANT issues with connectivity, slowness, workflows that are completely inefficient, and so forth. We were sold on the reporting, but then come to find out, it only works if you use their billing side of the product. All other reports are not customizable and you're stuck with them. On top of that you get manipulated into this 3 year contract, and when there are changes you have to go through an entire process. I can continue but there is not enough room in this box...

Brandi B.
Industry: Medical Practice

Ease of use, user friendly workflows and reports are fantastic!

Reviewed on 2016/06/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We love how easy to use CareCloud is. The workflows are very user friendly and the webinars CareCloud provides are great resources for learning to use to the product. Also, CareCloud assigns a friendly, knowledgeable Client Manager to your account to assist in questions you may have. Additionally, CareCloud support is also available via a phone call or online support.

Cons

Overall, we are very pleased with the product. The main thing I don't like about CareCloud is that they don't provide a support line for patients needing help with the patient portal. Therefore, the practice must contact support on the patient's behalf.

Michael M.

DO NOT PURCHASE

Reviewed on 2020/07/02

HORRIBLE IN EVERY....SINGLE....WAY!

Pros

The look of the software is pleasant. From a billing standpoint it is convoluted and tedious.

Cons

First off, I never leave reviews and I am certainly not the kind to be negative. BUT, the staff all the way from management is horrible! They have gouged us financially and no one will respond when questions are asked. You are passed around and management refuses to contact you. You are promised by the poor reps that they will let management know to contact you and then you are never contacted. The finance department has a woman who is rude, abrasive, unprofessional, and shrewd. They do not hold their end of the contact they force you to sign and since being with them we've lost massive amounts of revenue. They even fired one of their only employees who saw what they were doing and tried to help us. We have been trying to leave this company and they want thousands of dollars for work that was not done, and an addition $8000+ to leave. We are a small company and this is all just the tip of the iceberg of issues we've had with them! I cannot wait to be rid of all of it!

Jenah H.

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2019/11/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This software looks like an iPhone. It is very user friendly to every employee. Basic features do not require much training.

Cons

Customer service is not great! You are assigned a "support representative", but they are not the first line for support.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Christopher M.

CareCloud Suite

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

Overall very happy with CareCloud

Pros

I am able to customize most of the workflow for me, and can tailor it to my practice.

Cons

Customization setup portion can be a bit clunky, but it eventually works. Would be nice to have even more customization ability for very particular field sets

Ramakanth V.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

WORST COMPANY

Reviewed on 2020/08/19

Worst experience you can ever have. Your practice can go bankrupt with the amount of charges you pay for this stupid E HR

Pros

Nothing, this is the worst software you can never imagine. They make you believe that it is the best software but there is nothing in it that she would like. Very costly. They keep adding up charges and you will end up with a huge bill. Although want his money. Customer service is extremely poor.

Cons

Everything is worse.I cannot think anything good about this .

Beth D.

System

Reviewed on 2019/10/28
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

ease of use and color coordination. customer service is very knowledgeable. you feel like they truly care about their work.

Cons

Cannot submit tertiary claims electronically and cannot type in the payor id to find the insurance co.

Lashun B.

Great software

Reviewed on 2019/08/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Its a great application for making appointments and managing the flow of the office.

Pros

That its very user friendly and always updating to improve the quality.

Cons

Not much to dislike. Care cloud does everything my office needs it to do.