Firefish Reviews

Firefish

Recruitment software built by recruiters, for recruiters

4.7/5 (81 reviews)
Stacey H.

How can you not love the fish?

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

Pros

Before purchasing Firefish we conducted a full search of other products on the market. What ultimately swung it for us came down to 3 things:

1) The easy layout and use of the software
2) The customisation's available
3) The passion and help of the support staff

We felt from day one that the team at Firefish understood our business and at the time it was a very complicated one! They supported us and did everything they could to accommodate our requirements, we didn't just feel like a number to them!

We spent a good amount of time talking to Firefish over voice calls having training sessions which were beneficial and they answered any queries we had, and those they couldn't answer at the time, they took away and came back to us on.

The software itself is very easy to use. There are of course tweaks that every business feels it could benefit from, and what's good about Firefish is that you can make suggestions to the Company for feature improvements and they do their best to implement these improvements.

I really can't fault the Firefish software, the support staff, or their Company ethos.

Cons

Cons? Hmmm this is a tough one because I'm not sure there are any. Possibly and maybe the only thing I could suggest would be the option to have a member of Firefish come to your business to help set up and implement the database so that all features are used to their fullest. With how busy our daily lives are here, and the fact that we had to set the system up as we used it because of the situation we were in at the time, 2 years on we are still learning about some features which had we known about in the beginning would save a lot of tedious work now!

But I have no negative thoughts or comments about the system at all. It's a very intelligent piece of software that fits our needs perfectly.

Clare M.

Invaluable piece of software

Reviewed on 2017/10/30

Pros

Gosh, where do I start? This has been an absolute steel for us as a system as there are so many features that I love.

This wont be in any particular order but here goes:
You can upload jobs very easily and post links to your preferred social media sites.
It's very user friendly and allows you to track candidates from sending out candidate CV all the way through to placing and on-boarding.
I use it daily and I am able to create bespoke emails (interview invitations; client contact emails; Christmas/New Year emails etc)
I use the bulk email shots for new roles and to touch base with candidates
There is a talent pooling function (we don't currently have this but are in the process of upgrading) as well as saved searches which allows you to put people into different 'functions' ie, Finance, Restaurant, Operations, Housekeeping etc.
It facilitates sales generated figures
It has great analytical tools which give an overview on how well vacancies perform etc
It also allows you to keep in touch with all of your candidates including the 'dormant' candidates without having to constantly pick up the phone.

All in all it has allowed us to grow our business and

Response from Firefish Software

Clare, thank you so much for this finomenal review!

David H.

Firefish

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

Pros

It was easy to understand, logical to follow and allowed us to tailor it to our own industry. I was responsible for helping to choose FF and the process was made very simple, with FF providing excellent support.

FF allows you to create a system aligned to the sector /sectors you are working in, using your own industry language, rather than generic terminology.

It links to our website and through to social media and job boards, all aspects that save time and repetition.

They run weekly Webinars that cover a wide range of topics which are very helpful for the small business.

They were always ahead of the game when it came to GDPR, seeing it as an opportunity rather than a problem.

The support team are also very good and friendly, which makes it easier to contact them as you don't feel judged.

Finally, they are constantly developing the system, often based on the comments from the users.

Cons

I am sure there are issues, but to date I have't found them.

Andrew J.

Superb System!

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

Firefish are very customer focussed. They listen to what we need and they take on board suggestions. It is a system designed by recruiters, so they understand the challenges we face on a daily basis and this shows in this functionality.

I have recommended this system to other contacts in the industry who are equally happy with it. In fact, thinking back to when we set up, Firefish was a recommendation from another recruitment firm we know. I think this is the highest form of praise.

Pros

It is extremely easy to navigate and we have found with minimal training, staff have picked up the system easily. It allows us to track our activity, set targets and even suggests candidates for jobs... it makes recruitment a much more simple process!

Cons

The system is constantly improving and we have had a couple of our suggestions implemented. Initially we struggled on the temp side as it didn't allow us to input an hourly rate, only a day rate. We suggested the improvement and within a short period of time they had updated the system to include an hourly option.

Lucy C.

Excellent customer service, brilliant, user-friendly software

Reviewed on 2017/10/24

Pros

It's interface and ability to navigate. 99% of it works and makes sense. There are a few areas of improvement, but they are always open to feedback and taking onboard new ways to improve their software. I've used other recruitment software in the past which has been very clunky and not easy to use, their functionality and ways to give us the ability to manage the system is very advanced. My team enjoy using it and it allows us to increase our workflow and conversions.

Cons

A recent update of the system was one that we felt wasn't needed. It does however look nicer, but some of the ease of use was reduced. However for new users I'm sure they wouldn't notice it, and my team are getting used to the update. Despite this, I still very much recommend this system.

Response from Firefish Software

Thanks for the great feedback Lucy, we're glad you're enjoying the system and finding it better than the rest! I'll pass your feedback onto the team.

Richard M.

The Best recruitment software I have used

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

Customer support is awesome, I love the fact that they also provide webinars to help you build your business and give you the low down on the latest sales trends to help you get ahead of the crowd.

Pros

Very Easy to set up, helps to speed up the search of candidates and therefore placements. I can access it from anywhere and even on my phone if needed. Compliance is taken care of and all the email templates reduce time too.

Cons

Some drop downs are global so can't be changed. I use LinkedIn a lot so record this activity in Firefish but have to use "general update" and they only make updates on a Thursday, I understand why but I just like things to be done immediately.

Richard S.

FireFish Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

There are so many choices in the market at the moment for CRM systems and having tried many different systems over the years and also after trialling many of their competitors I have to say that I couldn't be happier with FireFish. Not only is the product very easy to use for an excellent cost, their after sales service is 2nd to none, they are always happy to help with my multiple questions and always answer my questions quickly and efficiently. Couldn't be happier hence why I have recommended you to several other agencies in South Wales.

Pros

FireFish is very easy to use and navigate and at a fantastic price.

Cons

To be honest we don't dislike anything and if we have a suggestion to improve anything we let them know and they implement the ideas!

Daniel P.

Forward thinking CRM

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

As the title goes they are a forward thinking crm. They are always looking to make the platform better and more efficient every day. They release weekly development updates and really listen to their client on how they can make their platform better.
Their customer service is fantastic will short lead times and always actively trying to find a solution.

Pros

They have nailed candidate candidate engagement within their platform. You are able to keep easily engaging with our candidates through social channels, email and click to call.
The platform is easy to use and shows users a clear path To enable them to match candidates to clients and jobs quickly.

Cons

The clouds software can be limiting at times with trying to save documents on the fly and also the ability to navigate through multiple screens in one session.

Emma D.

Smooth

Reviewed on 2017/10/31

Revolutionised our way of working and tracking all our records, both client and candidate, together with following interviews and where each candidate is in the process. We have been pleased from day one, especially as the fishes are so helpful and responsive.

Pros

It's extremely helpful in keeping everything in one place, and is easy to find contact and client information.

Cons

Not enough talent banks for our various disciplines and sectors we cover. It would be nice if the software interacted with whatsapp.

Response from Firefish Software

Thanks for the fintastic review Emma, we've loved having you on board with us. Keep an eye on our roadmap for new integrations, as we're always rolling out new features.

Tom P.

Reliable and easily customisable. The staff are helpful when troubleshooting

Reviewed on 2017/10/24

Pros

It's efficient, rarely breaks and easily customisable. I like the dashboard that clearly states your KPI's and easy to add notes on profiles

Cons

Would be good if there were a few more features included such as more options when sending a mailer, when a candidate applies directly not to automatically change their status and wipe the record card if already registered

Response from Firefish Software

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your feedback, our Happiness Team are clearly doing their job! If there's any features you'd like us to add to our road map, remember to raise them on the Firefish Community for other users to pitch in on too

Terry L.

Excellent Support

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

The software is great it does what it's meant to, but I'm sure there are a lot of great packages out there, the stand out for me is the customer service and support, prompt, efficient, they listen, always answer the phone, nothing is too much trouble, I get the feeling they appreciate and want to keep our business, which in this day and age is a rarity unfortunately

Pros

Easy to set up and use, excellent value for money, and the online suggestions are brilliant and actually result in things being done

Cons

Nothing, it has always done what we wanted and it's continually being improved

Adam H.

FireFish Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

The Firefish platform is excellent and I couldn't see what features another data base could offer that would better it.

Pros

The ease of use when processing candidates through the interview process. The simple way to populate all candidate information directly from an email attachment. The fun updates on special days e.g Christmas/Halloween ha!

Cons

Nothing to note. Reviewing candidate CVs used to be a bit of a pain but an update rectified this where you can now simply hover over the candidate and get a CV preview.

Michael P.

Great piece of software and very user friendly!

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

Pros

Interface is very easy and new starts to the company can be on-boarded very quickly! If you feel FireFish should make any improvements they have an open community site where ideas are talked through, shared and voted on and regularly updated.

Great team and very friendly customer service.

Cons

Generating reports can sometimes be a bit confusing but this may be down to my own understanding rather than what FF can do. It is a powerful product with good analytics.

Bryonie M.

User friendly system

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

Excellent system , nice and colourful, user friendly. The Support team are very good, offer to have webinar training sessions, send regular updates etc

Pros

I have been using firefish now for almost 2 years, having used a number of different CRM/ATS in the past i like this one. It is very simple to use, has lots of features which I am sure i dont know all yet. But for what I use it for its perfect.

Cons

Nothing not to like with firefish. Its perfect for our business needs

Julian E.

Customer support second to none

Reviewed on 2017/10/24

Efficiency and ease of use
Fantastic customer support and assistance
Great website setup for SEO and job posting
Fantastic Advert and Job alerts driving applications

Pros

The software has an easy to use interface and is simple to use with an extreme amount of power for boolean search to optimise the candidates in relation to the adverts and jobs, allowing you to continually keep in contact with the candidate and understand the journey when speaking to the candidate in the future.

Cons

It would be nice to have Outlook support for the Apple Mac users and more user friendly mobile interface.

Response from Firefish Software

Thank you for your great review! We're really glad you're enjoying Firefish, it's been great having you on board with us Julian. The Mac add-in is definitely on our radar - if you pop into the Firefish Community, you can add your vote to this idea too.

Rachael R.

Excellent CRM System

Excellent

Pros

Frirefish is the most efficiant CRM system I have used in recruitment. The functionalities make your life easier and support less admin, which is always a bonus! The team are quick to respond to queries and I love how you can highlight recommendations to make it better and they listen! Everything all in one place with a papertrail that covers all your tracks. Highly recommended and easy to use.

Cons

I think a consultant visiting the office to provide training would be useful as I don't feel I know everything about the system and may be missing more tricks!

Paul C.

Safe pair of hands

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

I went to Firefish when first setting up my business. They were very helpful on supporting me throughout the onboarding process and continue to be supportive as my business grows

The product itself is a dream, easy to use and navigate through its constantly evolving with really good updates. Great for my small business and I'm confident it can support us as we grow

Constantly evolving
Friendly support team
Cost

Cons

I have to say in the 3 years we have used Firefish they have been faultless

Adam Q.

Excellent

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

Fantastic sotware, very modern and has helped us a lot with find candidates who we might have forgotten about. Wouldn't think to swap to any other software any time soon!

Pros

This software is the most engaging software I've used, very easy to keep candidates active

Cons

When candidates send updated CV's it would be good if the software could update contact information when the CV's has been transferred - I don't believe Firefish does this but i could be wrong!

Arlene W.

Excellent Recruitment Tool

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

Pros

Firefish is an invaluable tool for INEOS on a daily basis. Firefish tailor the product to our business needs and nothing is too much trouble when requests are made. The system also increases our efficiency as a recruitment team.

Cons

The system meets our needs on a daily basis but I would like the reporting function to be a bit easier to use so we can analyse our data in the system.

Nicola T.

I have had very few issues with the Firefish product and any issues have been resolved quickly

Reviewed on 2017/10/24

Pros

It's easy to use across multiple platforms and devices. I like that it remembers where I finished at and keeps multiple tabs open at a time which allows me to move easily through the system

Cons

Nothing stands out as a particular dislike, I enjoy using the system. I'd like a few more search result categories but think this is more to do with our configuration rather than an issue with the software

Denise B.

worked with other systems, now work with the best

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

All the team feel Firefish is the best recruitment software they have ever worked with. We love it!

Pros

Firefish is a highly intuitive system that is easy to set up and use. The onboarding process is smooth and customer support is great if you do encounter any issues. My favourite thing about Firefish is the ease of use.

Cons

It's not the cheapest on the market but you are paying for quality.

Recruiter Friendly System

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

We needed an effective CRM without the complexities with other CRM's. The Firefish CRM offered just that. The team deliver an exceptional level of engagment and training. The fact that you control the functionality of the CRM make life so much easier.

Pros

Ability to customise the functions to mirror our business processes.
It's very user-friendly and is easy for new users to adopt
Continuously adding new features that are relevant
Good candidate matching functionality

Cons

The initial fonts and templates but this is something that you can easily change so not a Con as such

Georgia P.

Useful, Easy and Efficient

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

As a daily, hourly user. It keep you up to date with everything you have done, if you put as much info in, Firefish gives it back to you and you really have to utilise it to the best of your ability ie - Emails, Texts and Updates!

Pros

I love the To-Do List feature, It is useful, self explanatory and plans your day for you based on the information you give it! Also, the Weekly KPI feature really allows you to see your week on how we or not so well you have done which helps you priortise what you have to do

Cons

I like Firefish all round, however, I feel that it can lose your previous info that you have put in which is frustating however it isn't anything that affects your day consistently. Not much to pick at!

Jamie S.

The best software I've used

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

It just works! That seems like an easy thing to achieve with a piece of software, but it really isn't. To have a tool like this has made my team and I more productive, quicker at doing admin tasks and ultimately has allowed us to maximise our potential for sales.

Pros

This is by far the most intuitive CRM I've used over my career in recruitment. It's easy to use, has plenty of useful features and is very reliable. It just works!

Cons

There have been a few hiccups with accessing documents. However these issues have been temporary and have not impacted on my work at all.

Michael H.

Need a recruitment CRM? Look no further.

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

Good experience. I have used a few recruitment CRM's in the past and this one is by far, the easiest to use.
The support is good but fixes can sometimes take a while to implement.

Pros

Easy to use, automates a lot of the tedious administration & ensure's that we are GDPR compliant.

Cons

It can sometimes take a few days for changes to be made. We had an issue with our job adverts taking out punctuation when posting adverts on external job boards. The poor punctuation makes us look lazy/unprofessional & it took a few weeks for this issue to be solved.