Workbooks

Abigail D.
  • Industry: Alternative Dispute Resolution

TDS Workbooks review

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

I have always loved working with Workbooks. All of their staff have never failed to be as helpful as they can be, and they are very quick to support us with any issues or queries that we may have. Their CRM package is very different to the kind of platform that a company like TDS would require but they have always helped us customize our databases so that we are able to support our products as best we can.

Support team, in particular, stand out as a team that provides star service whenever we need help, and I cannot praise them enough.

Pros

Workbooks is easy to use and intuitive. We have customised our databases heavily to support our products and this has only made Workbooks better for us as a company. It is largely a self-service platform and means that we have a lot more control of our data than we had with our previous provider.

Cons

I would like more information when I receive errors when creating reports, or a bit more content on the Knowledge Base about this so that I do not need to refer my queries to Support as often.

Tim M.
  • Industry: Publishing

A new improved way of working

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

We were working across 6 databases (a separate one for each of our brands) and had no visibility of crossover. Workbooks has given us this capability as well as the business intelligence that connects an individual to their activity with our products. This means segmenting and targeting our marketing becomes easier and more effective.

Pros

The flexibility of Workbooks allows us to edit and format the system exactly as we want it

The system is easy to navigate and has helped us introduce a more standardised way of working across the business.

Integrating into GatorMail means that Workbooks becomes more powerful. We now have a true single customer view that includes all marketing contact as well as website activity of our members. From this information, we are able to automate marketing campaigns triggered by this intelligence.

Cons

The importing tool is good and fairly intuitive for simple tasks but there is a lot of data work that needs to be done beforehand.

Importing orders can be awkward and it takes a fair bit of trial and error to get the mapping of existing data to fit into the system correctly.

Reporting takes a bit of time to master but once you've done this, it becomes a key part of the systems everyday usage.

Joshua S.

User friendly, customisable product

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

We are primarily using Workbooks at the moment to record our sales opportunities and using the information here, along with other data brought from different software, creating useful reports to forecast how we expect to do and spot areas where the sales team can improve

Pros

Workbooks has a great amount of customisation, allowing us to create bespoke form layouts for various record types and really control the data we have as a business.

Cons

Customer service can vary from staff who just point you to a website page and seem to understand the product less than you, to someone who genuinely pays attention and does a great job going through the issue. I've also had to chase a couple of times for minor paid developments to be completed

• Industry: Facilities Services

Exceptional ease of use

Reviewed on 2017/10/30

Pros

The configuration is simple and straightforward and yet at the same time is really powerful as you can easily add report cells, meaning that it gives a much broader view of the client.
I like the mapping module and again you can customer this to show the information that you need as a business.
Integration with Web Insights and Gatormail plus the workflow means that you have a platform that offer marketing automation.
Easy to set up new users but also very secure, if you use the the security features.
The service offered by the support team is second to none - always patient, exceptionally knowledgeable and always solution oriented.
I could not do my job without Workbooks

Cons

Need to make sure that you do not use Internet explorer, especially with the gator mail add-on as it is then very slow but runs brilliantly on other browsers.
The knowledge base is good but if would be helpful to have printable pdfs of the pages so that you can use them as manual when printed out

• Industry: Telecommunications

I like the customisability of the application.

Reviewed on 2017/11/03

increased efficiency through automation
Increased monitoring and reporting
Increased infomation to better understand our business

Pros

I like the way you can pretty much create anything using there API and PHP based script database.
There GITHub site gives pointers but anyone with minor knowledge of workbooks and PHP skills can start to be clever and automate process's.

Cons

It would be great to be able to give the ticketing aspect (ITSM) different referance's at system level for incidents/problems/changes.

There is very little that i dis-like about this software as any issues can be raised and put into development. Often issues are experienced by multiple customers and work arounds are certainly possible.

Gareth P.

Excellent product and support

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

Better visibility on sales and client retention. Can’t imagine running the business without it!

Pros

We have been working with Workbooks for 4 years and have been delighted with it. The on-boarding was easy, and has stood the test of time. Since then support has been excellent with the UK based team responding in a timely and knowledgable way and taking as much time as it takes to resolve the issue.

User adoption has been excellent and we have no user complaints about Workbooks.

Cons

No major ones. You need to think like a CRM system to create reports etc but that’s a human problem not one of Workbooks!

Teresa B.

It is easy to use and cutomise.

Reviewed on 2017/10/27

No more manual processes!
Real time reporting on quotes, orders and invoicing.
Management dashboards.
Tracking Sales against targets
Following up on opportunities.

The list is endless :)

Pros

This was a big step for our business as our processes were all done manually. This has revolutionised the business as almost everything is system generated.
It is a fanatic piece of software.

Cons

The reporting element can be a little overwhelming but the support received is second to none.
Other than that it is great!

Rioghan B.

Workbooks makes keeping track of orders easy

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

Pros

Its very user friendly and has an interface that's easy to understand and use.
Its easy to customize layouts views etc.
The quality of service delivered to customers has improved.
Overall it has helped the company to grow and continue to do so.

Cons

We needed a specific function and were told that it would be available in a future release. We changed a process in the business and then the feature came out sooner.

Yemsi P.

Comprehensive crm software

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

I think the most useful benefit we get is to get in board to the technologies and impulse our business in the web and social networks if aviable, in order to get more costumers

Pros

I like this tool because the dashboard is very transparent and very easy to understand the status of the pipeline, in order to make decisions in our pipeline in order to increase our numbers. I like the reports, because we can focus on marketing spots accordingly. And the hole company, and I mean sales, support and management are connected around one software.

Cons

I don't like to move from workbook to another software platform to attend support cases. In this matter, searching names for support could be a slow process, I think in general is complex to master the different features of the software

Working well for the business

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

As time goes by we are continually finding more and more uses for Workbooks. The regular emailed reports are great for me, as the MD, to keep a track on KPIs.

Pros

Flexibility and that it could be used by various team across the company.

Cons

There is not an offline Native iOS or Android mobile App.

Herve S.

Workbooks experience

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Pros

Workbooks is quite easy to use and provide a high level of flexibility and control in reporting and configuration

Cons

Rigidity of display
Dashboards are not great

Brian P.

Good CRM system for small SMS

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

We were using two separate systems, so made sense to merge new business and customer databases into one

Pros

Good customisation; easy to use; automatic email reports. Highly adaptable and benefit for continuous development

Cons

Customisation of report layouts for printing needs to be improved, but working on this

Jenny S.

Workbooks is great for sales cycles and orders, easy to use and plenty of features!

Reviewed on 2017/10/31

Pros

I only use workbooks for sales administration work, keeping track of the sales team opportunities and leads. The filter function and all the information you can store in a single record is ideal when you have lots of records.

Cons

The search tool is not ideal, it could be better, needs more advanced options. I also think creating a report is a lot more complicated than it needs to be, different criteria and views makes it hard to use.

Rosie B.

Fantastic tool for voluntary work

Reviewed on 2011/09/06

We use Workbooks to keep track of all our members, providers, volunteers and sponsors; communication and for managing activities. It saves vital time, which is invaluable when you are running a voluntary project as well as a business. Most importantly for me, it is easy to use and quick to learn. I really like the fact I can quickly filter data, so if I want to list all members and what activities they are interested in, it's just a couple of clicks and I have what I need. I can easily send emails or track projects.

I like the fact that we can easily personalise it to meet our unique project requirements. I am keen to now use it in my training business.

Pros

Quick to set up, easy to use and very reliable. It is also free to use for up to 2 users, which is fantastic value for a voluntary project or small business. It was so easy to convert over the data from our existing Works database into Workbooks.

Cons

I haven't found the time to really utilise so much more of what it is capable of. I am just at the tip of the iceberg of all its functions. My fault, not Workbooks.

Trevor townsend

Make your choice carefully, the cost is not the software

Reviewed on 2014/03/15

When selecting a CRM you should not only be concerned about the license and implementation cost, both of which are important, but you should be equally concerned about the long term viability of the first supplying the CRM. There are 100's of small and cheaps CRM's that will not survive for very long. And if you have spent the time implementing, embedding these in your business process and training your staff, you will have a huge disruption to your business if they disappear. Workbooks is increasingly popular and consistently receives high customer satisfaction rating because it easy to use and very flexible to configure. Quite simply, your sales and admin people will like using it! .

Pros

Workbooks has all the features you need in a CRM and more. Its ease of adoption is its #1 attribute.

Cons

The mobile client uses HTML5, so it is not ideal. A new IOS and Android app is due out soon, really looking forward to seeing that.

Valerie E.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Easy to use and easy to access

Reviewed on 2015/10/08

Pros

The filing and retrieving of information is easy to do. And you can access your file from any computer.

Cons

Reporting - Not very straightforward to create a report

Fredrick E.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Awesome product - customer support could be better

Reviewed on 2015/09/28

Pros

Simple to use and very easy to set up - it our must have been purchase each year

Cons

Wish the customer support team was a bit more reactive and less focussed on selling time units for help/support

Newman V.

Workbooks is my choice by far

Reviewed on 2015/01/30

Pros

Workbooks' completeness is what we like the most. It is well-supported and documented. It covers our business from leads to after-sales followup.

Cons

For us, the worst part is not to blame the product: its free version is for only 2 users. Furthermore, it could be a little hard to understand and to start using compared to simpler products, such as Nutcache.

Andy R.

Great CRM Product really easy to use.

Reviewed on 2011/05/20

We've been using Workbooks Business Edition now for around 6 months. The sales team find it really easy to use and it has enabled us to really stay on top of our sales pipeline and it's helped us run more structured deal reviews.

We also like the fact we can use the product book, to store our product details, including cost and sales price. This means we are doing a better job of tracking gross margins within sales.

All in all, a big plus for our business.

Pros

Easy to use and setup.
We like the desktop interface.
The ability to track leads, opportunities and orders.

Cons

Not alot

Aahad A.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Workbooks - Processes and Outputs

Reviewed on 2015/12/07

Pros

It is an essential tool for companies to monitor and manage their CRM. I also personally use it to manage my tasks and sales - without it, I would be a little lost in that respect.

Cons

It can be quite fiddly and tiresome, in the sense that it sometimes there can be easier ways of entering information, or sharing information with others (no copy/paste function of tasks for example).

Femi A.
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Intuitive CRM

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Pros

I like the reporting module, it is quite user-friendly.

Cons

The Import function can be a bit of a snag and sometimes you have to refresh the page when it is unresponsive

Eddie B.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Workbooks is a solid CRM

Reviewed on 2015/02/06

Pros

I like its simple, yet effective outlay and performance.

Cons

It's a little clunky. The program seems disjointed, but on the other hand it serves our needs.

• Industry: Accounting
  • Used Other for Free Trial

love it

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Pros

it is very simple and straight-forward and is a massive help

Cons

the con is that I could not find a con to put on this

Angelo D.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Helpful but could be easier to use

Reviewed on 2015/03/13

Pros

Reminders for follow up actions. The vendor has been very helping in helping us customize this to meet our needs.

Cons

The search feature needs to be too exact. Would like to search in more general terms.

David R.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Workbooks ft/nad

Reviewed on 2015/03/18

Pros

It's somewhat easy to do a new quote and send/email direct to a customer.

Cons

There are too many tabs and it's confusing. If I put in a part number, only a portion shows in the tab. Overall, I find it's not user-friendly. I tried to put in new items and had to call our IT person. There's no way I would have found it on my own. It should have been a simple choice to enter a new item.