8 644 reviews

ZipRecruiter

Job posting & applicant tracking software

4,4
8 644 reviews
Eddie B.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

ZipRecruiter is still going strong!

Reviewed on 2019/08/15

ZipRecruiter is great for assisting our clients in smaller to mid-size markets where we don't have a large candidate flow already in place. ZipRecruiter lets us target candidates with greater detail than other services. Example: Targeting a specific suburb or zip code of Chicago instead of (LinkedIn) "The Greater Chicago Area" - This ability to dig into locations and source from the database is outstanding!

Pros

Overall ZipRecruiter seems to be experiencing a resurgence in attracting high caliber applicants within the service industry from what I've seen overall in the last year. The database is another great tool that gives us access to candidates that we wouldn't get on other platforms such as Indeed. Not only that, but I feel it's a higher level of professional candidates across the board. The user interface is very easy to learn and you can customize alerts to your liking.

Cons

I felt for a while the site was a little dated, but it appears that they've modernized their look, user interface and are still able to attract top-notch talent. I think the value for service is greater when you're able to buy in larger quantities than on an individual basis, but that's the nature of the business.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hi Eddie!

Thank you so much for providing your wonderful and extensive feedback with us! We're so glad you've found success within your hiring journey while utilizing ZipRecruiter.

Our product team is constantly making updates based on our customer's feedback! We encourage you to stay on the lookout for any upcoming advancements.

As always, our team is here to help. We're here 24/7, so please always feel welcome to contact us directly for assistance.

Happy Hiring!

Tier III Support

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great Way to Find a Job

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

ZipRecruiter makes it easy to apply to many jobs with their Quick Apply button, there is not a better way to find a new job.

Pros

The best part about ZipRecruiter is that as an applicant you feel like your application is not being missed and is going out to all the right places.

Cons

ZipRecruiter does feel like it is catered to companies that are hiring, rather than the candidate, so many of the features are built for the hiring party.

Response from ZipRecruiter

We thank you for your great review!

Here are a few tips to help you in your job search:

-You can view your application status and add a cover letter to your applications by clicking 'Jobs' then 'Applied Jobs'.
-To customize the type of emails you receive, click the 3 dots in the top right corner of your account, then 'Notifications'. Here you can change and save your preferences.
-To customize your job alerts click the 3 dots in the top right corner of your account, then click 'Alerts'
-We also highly recommend adding skills to your profile. To do so, click 'Profile' then on the right side of the page click 'Add Skills'. This will help our system match you to jobs that require those skills.

Keep in mind, our Customer Care Team is available 24/7 at [email protected] Please reach out to us at any time. We are always happy to assist!~ DW

Dan K.
Industry: Media Production

Move Along!

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

Pros

My favorite thing about ZipRecruiter, which is a stretch, is how easy it is to sign up to the platform. My review is based from a candidate perspective, and not an employer perspective, but much beyond the ease of signing up, I don't enjoy the platform.

Cons

Everything else. Seriously, I wouldn't recommend this platform to any employer or candidate.

- The emails seem scammy. As a candidate, I get about three emails a day all of which have the same jobs that they sent me yesterday. For some reason, those same jobs never get filled... weird, huh? Not to mention, in the email, they have random things capitalized (super scammy).
- Low quality of jobs. If you're an employer, there are much better job sites out there that don't seem more approachable and better for placing talent into jobs.

So all in all, move along to the next platform. Cough (Glassdoor) cough.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your review as we greatly appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear of any less than pleasant experience while utilizing ZipRecruiter for your job search.

If you believe you have witnessed suspicious activity on our website, we highly encourage you to reach out to our dedicated trust and safety team to report this. They can be reached via email at [email protected],com. Or, please feel welcome to visit our web page for this as well: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/trust

Should we have the pleasure to assist you with your job search again in the future, our customer care team would be happy to walk you through your job seeker profile to get the most out of your experience. Please feel welcome to email us at [email protected] with the subject line, "Tier Help" to ensure one of our senior representatives receives your inquiry directly.

We wish you the best of luck on your job search!

Tier III Support

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Keisha W.
Industry: Accounting
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Best Application for Job Search

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

I've never had a problem with Zip Recruiter.

Pros

It is very simple to use once its set up properly.

Cons

if you applied for a job weeks or days ago, that job comes up as a suggestion in your current search. it wouldn't state you applied until you apply for the second time.I

Response from ZipRecruiter

We are always working to make improvements to enhance our users' experience! Thank you for sharing this, Keisha. --TC

Thao T.

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

ok experience. not the best place to find employment.

Pros

convenience way to search for jobs in different fields across multiple states. easy to post a job too.

Cons

owners who posted jobs sometimes do not response to requests. no way of tracking if the requests have been received and/or reviewed

Response from ZipRecruiter

Thank you for your review, Thao! To view your application status, navigate to your jobs tab then click applied jobs. If you need assistance our agents are available 24/7 to assist at [email protected] We are always happy to help. ~DW

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Andrew L.
Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Simple to use as a employee and employer

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

We're getting more exposure to better qualified people and we're able to screen them more efficiently.

Pros

This software is very simple to use. It integrated well with our company email and was super simple to review and manage all the candidates. I have not used it in a while but will certainly use it when needed.
I love that it stores you info and makes it easy for people to send quick apply...

Cons

The job alert feature can get a little overwhelming sometimes with too much unqualified applicants but over all i strongly recomend it.

Spencer S.

Finding the right Pieces to our Puzzle

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/11/09

I have successfully found quality applicants for positions through Zip Recruiter, which at the end of the day is all I can ask for.

Pros

Zip Recruiter has a large number of job seekers out there trying to find the right fit for their skills. As a manager myself, I trust Zip Recruiter to help me find the right fit for our organization.

Cons

The management of applicants I feel could be better, but it is manageable and in no way a deal breaker for me.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Thank you for letting us be a part of your hiring journey, Spencer! Our team is here 24/7 - so we encourage you to contact us directly at any time for questions or concerns. We love to help! --TC

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

ZipRecruiter is easy to get set up with,and easy to search job listings you are interested in.

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/08/26

Some potential job openings and getting in contact with potential employers.

Pros

It's easy to get your information in and get set up to start searching and applying for jobs you are interested in.

Cons

It can be hard to find job for working from home or work at home positions.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! Our team is here 24/7 if you ever need any assistance with your profile. We wish you the best! --TC

Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Recruiting the right candidates

Reviewed on 2020/11/28

It’s more good than bad. Just wish is wasn’t so expensive.

Pros

It was very easy to keep track of the applicants, to communicate with them, when they applied and how long it took them to do so.

Cons

It was a bit on the pricey side which led to the cancellation

Tom R.

Did I Just Get Hired??

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

Not too excited, but not negative either. I've just found another platform that I personally like.

I does seem Ziprecruiter has higher paying positions posted.

Pros

It's an easy no frills platform that allows the end user to jump to specific jobs with salary requirements.

Cons

I've never gotten much response outside of the regular emails from ZipRecruiter.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Thank you for sharing your ZipRecruiter feedback with us, Tom! --TC

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Mary S.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Highly Recommend ZipRecruiter

Reviewed on 2020/07/02

ZipRecruiter makes in-house recruiting nice and easy. You know what you are looking for in candidates, so this helps you do it yourself. The investment is less than the cost of paying a third party recruiter or agency.

Pros

The steps for posting ads are straightforward. Rating resumes makes it very easy to save and categorize for future reference.

Cons

When you go "Back" to previous page, you lose your place while reviewing resumes.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of ZipRecruiter, Mary! Our team is always here and happy to help, 24/7, should you ever require any assistance with your employer account. :) --TC

Ayden I.
Industry: Construction

Excellent Program

Reviewed on 2020/07/02

My overall experience with Ziprecruiter is positive and I would recommend it to others!

Pros

I enjoy ZipRecruiter because it allows an easy application process once you are an account holder. The 1-click apply is very easy to use and only in certain cases are there additional follow up questions. This platform is super efficient time wise and allows me an absurd amount of different job opportunities. I recommend this program in comparison to others like Indeed and UpWork considering the price of using this program is so far in my experience nothing. The profile is easy to set up, and in cases where I have applied to a job I have received an email or phone call from the company within hours.

Cons

Though there are few I would love to see more versatility in the "Job suggestions" area of the program. When you apply for a job or search a certain careers the suggestions seem to be very consistent and don't tend to range. For example when I searched a "Customer Service" position I found so many suggested jobs in just this specific field, so from then on I started just having to key in words to search for job opportunities. Another feature I would love to see incorporated is a feature allowing a "remote" job suggestion filter when searching for positions. Considering most are searching for remote positions now amid a pandemic I think this feature would be useful. Another feature I would like to see tweaked, though this could be in the settings and just merely user error, is the option to avoid those repetitive emails when you apply for a job. My inbox is basically spammed with a nonsense email telling me I have applied to a job which when I apply for multiple positions it sort of clouds my inbox.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience, Ayden. We appreciate your feedback and we are thrilled to hear of your success using our platform! ~DW

Nicholas J.
Company size: Self Employed

Fantastic Platform for Finding Relevant Jobs

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

Time is money and wasted opportunities are mitigated with how easy it is to set up a profile and apply for jobs!

Pros

ZipRecruiter is a fantastic solution to wasting time filling out form after form, upload after upload of resumes. They make it simple with their 1-Click Apply feature. That's all it really takes, and you're done! Their emails are relevant and detailed to better educate me on open positions and required qualifications.

Cons

It's actually my preferred job board for ease-of-use alone. I wish all other platforms were more like ZipRecruiter. If I had any complaint it would be to please make other platforms just as great.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words, Nicholas! We appreciate you allowing ZipRecruiter to be a part of your job search journey. Keep on 1-click applying! --TC

Nicole P.

Zipping Your Way Into a New Job with Zip Recruiter

Reviewed on 2020/06/12

Zip Recruiter|was so easy to use and provided me with so many options for employment, it did not take long for me to be able to find temporary contract work to hold me over during the Covid-19 crisis until my place of business was ready to reopen. It is so very easy to use and upload your resume, check off your preferences, select your salary preferences, your pay hourly preferences, and if you wanted to work remotely or at a physical location. It also allows you to set physical boundaries of how far you are willing to commute from your home, if you're looking for part-time or full-time or contract work. And the ZipRecruiter platform takes care of all the rest. I highly recommend this software for anyone who is hunting forehead job and does not want check the job boards daily, they also will let you know how many people searching for that position and how many spots are available. Definitely job hunting has become world's easier with this awesome platform. And although I have found new employment, albeit temporary, I will continue to use ZipRecruiter on a daily basis going forward until the next best thing comes along.

Pros

In the very unfortunate and trying times if the Covid-19 pandemic, many of us found ourselves either out of work or with extremely reduced hours or pay. Which unfortunately meant the dreaded thing no one wants to do, looking for a new job, a second job, a third job or a temporary job to fill the time until our old positions were back up and running. Not only did this mean job hunting, but considering the amount of people out of work, it often meant looking for jobs that were nowhere near your wheelhouse or for safety sake, were remote positions. ZipRecruiter made this as easy as one click on your computer or mobile device.

Cons

The only con I found with this software is really one that is self-imposed and can easily be turned off with the click of a mouse. And that is when Zip recruiter funds a position that based on your resume and your personal preferences. It got to the point where my phone was continually dinging or vibrating to let me know that a job was available that matched my preferences.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hi, Nicole! We are so glad you found ZipRecruiter during these trying times. Please let us know if you ever need any assistance with your search. Best! --TC

Brianna L.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Zip Recruiter

Reviewed on 2020/05/30

I have had an overall good experience, I have been using the software for 2+ years.

Pros

I like that I am able to post and search for jobs for free. Sometimes the company are looking for temporary workers, so I will go online to post job listings. I also, search myself for extra gigs.

Cons

I dislike that you have to be signed in, in order to complete an application. That is about it, nothing too major.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, Brianna! For security purposes, we do require our users to be signed in prior to applying. You may certainly search while not signed in if you choose! We wish you the best of luck with your job search. :) --TC

Darshan S.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

The Best Job Posting Software

Reviewed on 2020/05/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

This is the best software which we can use. I respect the customer service as they give you instant solutions for the problem faced at any time. Its lot worth than what is paid. Using it for a week you will be an expert in this. As i told you u’ll get a notification if a candidate applies for a job posting. We have a lot of such candidates who have got job in top 20 companies in US. If the above mentioned problem is sorted out i would like to give a rating of 10/10

Pros

it’s easy to use and also less complex it makes a user’s day easy. It has its own dashboard which make a user easy to Annalise the number of jobs posted and the total number of candidates to whom job posting to is reached. Advantage is that as soon as the candidates apply for the job posting we can get the mail instantly. This is why i call this as the best software and the cost of the software is a lot worth than what is charged. It has a customised job posting format which can be made use of because of this a lot time is saved and the way the job is posted will make a candidate go through the Job discretion easily. It has a lot of option in it like the addition of key skills, address, and the title of job, salary range, client name and the interview details. As so much of information is given about the job, candidates refer to Zip Recruiter due to which you can get a lot of candidates who are in search of job “more candidates give you more business that’s the logic". Arrangement of the options in the software is arranged in an excellent way. So it’s easy for a new user to understand the format and the process. Good customer service which i appreciate. As soon as you have any problem over software you can go through the help option were u’ll get the customer service support instantaneously which makes this software rank 1 compared to other.

Cons

Some candidates who are not relevant to the job posting will apply for the job that’s the main disadvantage. When a candidate applies of the job position we will get a notification but certain candidates profile cannot be viewed.

Carlos E.
Industry: Events Services

Good Job Seeking Website

Reviewed on 2020/05/02

My overall experience of using ZipRecruiter is good enough for me to post job openings and to apply jobs from trust worthy employers. I understand that this software isn't all good for people because they have problems with ZipRecruiter, but for me, it's great. I get email from ZipRecruiter that I applied jobs instantly. To me, I would use this software to seek jobs all over again. If anyone wants to find a good job hunting website to seek whatever jobs the people wanted to apply, I recommend ZipRecuiter software for anyone.

Pros

I signed up to be user of ZipRecruiter to find cool jobs that's very simple to use, and also for posting job alerts for anyone who wants needs notifications of upcoming job postings from companies in the country of United States of America. After using ZipRecruiter software for a long while, I believe this a a pretty well developed software. I liked that ZipRecruiter has an optional sign up social media feature for anyone who has their Google account, Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media account to be linked with ZipRecuiter. The software can send emails to users of any job postings that match user's Resume and Cover Letter. The integration with the current business I'm working really helped me recruit many people who wanted to work with me in any place. I also see that ZipRecruiter has a Safety Red Flag button to allow job seekers to identify suspicious job postings and report it to the Trust and Safety Department, so they can view the job posting right away.

Cons

When I'm using ZipRecruiter software, I noticed that there are some features are missing that could've been used for the software. This software doesn't displayed the interview schedule availabilities set up for anyone who applied to a company and meet up for job interview. I can see that ZipRecruiters are working hard to eliminate job Scams posted by unknown employer of an unknown companies, but they still need to follow customer complaints about job postings that are considered a Scam. They should guaranteed they have a Verified Employer number and have Acceptable rating via Better Business Bureau. That way customers will be able to apply to jobs in all confidence realizing respected companies and will help benefit job candidates.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hi Carlos! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Your voice and support are very important to us. So you know, we have forwarded your feedback to our developers. We're always working hard to continue to improve our platform, and your voice helps us do that. If you ever have questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected] Our agents are available 24/7! ~DW

Camillia C.
Industry: Insurance
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

There's No Despute Zip Recruit Will Land You A Job In Less Than A Week.

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

Overall I've gotten jobs within a week from Ziprecruiter that pays good money. I moved from NC to Maryland and I needed to find work and they solved that issue so quick I love zip recruiter and they helped me build a resume' with little experience. You can even download the resume' put it on other websites if you need to. I definately recommend this platform. I got like 7 jobs that called me back in less than a week! And I only put in 20 mins of work applying you cant beat that at all! Despite the scams it's really good to use. Just look up the companies on the Better Business Bureau and ask for their Employee ID # if it's a company you don't recognize or know. Simple gestures on your part can clearly override that part until they fix the Employers that can use there site.

Total recommend overall.

Pros

I LOVE LOVE how easy it is to use. You can upload a resume' or create a profile on their system with ease. They have easy 1 click skills you can add to your resume' that makes you stand out. Even if you not that good with Resume's this platform will make you seem like you been doing them all your life. They have customized searching and geographic job searching you can even pick the mile radius on where your looking for work.

So if I wanted a job with 5 miles of my home I can refine the search and BOOM it will only pull up jobs within a 5 mile radius. I absolutely LOVE that feature because I take care of my grandma and grandfather so I need to stay close by to the house. They require ALOT of my time so I dont have hours and hours to fill out applications.

Zip Recruiter has taken that into account for you with 1-Click Applies.
You just refine the search to 1-Click Applies only. And I'm telling you! I applies to like 30 jobs in less than 20 mins. It's so amazing. I mean like it's almost genius honestly. They automatically send your resume' to companies effortlessly. Some job require additional questions but they are quick and easy to do.

And that's not all the companies respond to you quickly I'm talking same day sometimes. By the end of a week I'm trying t to choose which job I wanna pick which interviews to go to on. You can customize the type of jobs you want. It's like job applicator heaven. They send confirmation emails so you can keep track of where your applying.

Cons

The only drawback to this platform that I've experienced is some jobs are scams. Be weary of "Work From Home" jobs on here. Or any job that tells you to add them on What's app for an interview. I almost got scammed by one of them.

I sell insurance so working from home isnt bad for me at all. It's almost plausible. But some companies aren't legit on this platform just be weary of it. Not all of them are like this. I've gotten job offers from great well known companies on this platform as well.

They sent me a bad check but the bank caught it before I was able to place it into my account. Zip Recruiter should perform thorough in depth checks on the companies they enable to use their platform to ensure customers safety and peace of mind. They should ensure they have a Verfiable Employer # and have Acceptable an rating on BBB. That way customers can apply to jobs in confidence knowing each one is reputable and will benefit the applicant.

Other than that I cant think of any drawbacks to using the platform at all.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. If you need assistance in the future, please contact our customer care team at [email protected] We are available 24/7 and we are always happy to help! ~DW

Industry: E-Learning

Great tool for job posters, for job seekers, not ideal

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

Great as a business, so-so as a job seeker. Would recommend overall to businesses.

Pros

I loved it as a job poster - my boss had me utilize this to aid in sourcing candidates for the startup I was working for at the time. You got a ton of leads, they were very accurate, and the site itself was user friendly - you also were notified promptly and nothing went to Spam (I think there was a good value for the money versus LinkedIn Recruiter).

Cons

As a job seeker, you get a ton of irrelevant and automated postings. I know you can turn these off but they're very annoying, especially when they're totally off-base or below your requirements. It feels like you're being spammed.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hi there,

We appreciate you taking the time to write your review of ZipRecruiter!

We do aim to provide the most relevant job suggestions possible. These are curated based on profile activity as well as keyword selections. Our dedicated customer care team would be happy to help you modify these at any time! Please feel welcome to reach out to us directly.

Best of luck!

TC
Customer Experience

Scott S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

ZipRecruiter for finding talent versus finding work

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Good as an employer, but not as a candidate. If looking for talent I recommend using them.

Pros

It`s a very good tool for uncovering candidates. Like all others, you take the good with the bad, but when I have used the tool in the past, I have been successful in making hires, some of whom were top-performers.

Cons

For the job seeker, the tool is not intuitive. When I have used it in my personal job searches, I received a lot of irrelevant leads, many of which were too junior or not at all related to my background. I even had a couple of sketchy opportunities come my way, but did not see an easy way to communicate with ZipRecruiter.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hello Scott,

Thank you for sharing your review from both perspectives of a job seeker and employer. We value your feedback and offer 24/7 support for employers and job seekers too. We are glad to hear that you have made some great hires for some top performers on ZipRecruiter and we do our best to bring great talent to your job ads. We understand your concern with relevant positions on the job seeker platform and we have an alerts page with job title matching in which you can enter skill words to target the type of job you are seeking and this will send you alerts relevant to your search. Thanks for pointing that out and job seekers are able to email us directly at [email protected] for account support. Thanks for recommending our employer platform for those who are looking to post jobs and get great candidates. If you have any other concerns please reach out to us at 877-252-1062 and we will gladly assist you.

Leticia, Tier III Support

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Meagyn D.
Industry: Human Resources

Zip Recruiter Gets Us Great Candidates

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

I have been using Zip Recruiter for quite some time now and as a sub-contractor, it is important to find candidates that other firms are not finding. Zip Recruiter has come through for me multiple times in that aspect.

Pros

This software gives me access to candidates that a lot of recruitment firms do not have access to. The variety of candidates is superb and one of my favorite things is the preview of my search words that appear in the person's resume - that way i can see what context they appear in which helps me make a better selection.

Cons

I think maybe the relevancy of candidates that appear first could be better. i find good candidates mixed in to page 5 or 6 of candidates that are nowhere near what i am looking for. I also would like a salary search filter and US citizen and/or security clearacnce search feature . It could help narrow down 15 pages of candidates to 5.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hello Meagyn,

We appreciate your awesome feedback about using the ZipRecruiter service for your candidate search and thanks for your review! We are happy to hear that you are receiving some great candidates on our site and we are always here to ensure your experience is a good one. We truly appreciate your business and I am submitting your product feedback to our team, thanks for sharing it. I understand the need to have search filters that will make it easier and at this time we currently have the screening questions you can add to your job ads so you can screen the candidates, at this time we do not have a drop down option.

We wish you continued success in obtaining great matches for your ads. If you need further assistance with anything, feel free to contact our Customer Success Team by calling 877-252-1062 or by email [email protected] and we are available 24/7.

Leticia, Tier III Support

Ian P.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Need good people for your company? ZipRecruiter is the BEST of the BEST

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/11/06

My overall experience with ZipRecruiter has been nothing short of outstanding. Our company has acquired 4 new software developers and 2 new sales members have been added to my team, all through ZipRecruiter! All 6 of these new employees have been crucial to the growth of our business. For that reason alone, ZipRecruiter has more than paid for itself and made our company a tremendous amount of revenue through new service and product offerings, as well as additional, qualified people to sell these new products. If you want to build a high quality team or expand your business, there is absolutely NO better tool than ZipRecruiter.

Pros

What I liked the most about ZipRecruiter was the ease of use and automation....and the results! We implemented ZipRecruiter at my company, and the process was extremely easy! Setting up our Employer account was absolutely no hassle, and their customer support was extremely quick to respond, professional, and helpful when we had some questions about our account. Additionally, it automatically scanned resumes to bring us the most qualified people for our new software development branch of business. We ended up hiring FOUR new software developers that have made it possible for our company to expand into the SaaS industry. It's been an awesome team building tool for us.

Cons

What I liked least about the software (which isn't a big deal) was their Employer Resource center didn't always work. Sometimes, we didn't want to go through the process of contacting customer service, so we wanted to access the employer resource center in their Support portal to find answers to questions for ourselves. Unfortunately, this page wouldn't load 30% of the time, so this meant delays in getting answers and requiring us to get on the phone to support. This was slightly frustrating a few times, but the performance of the software itself was outstanding and outweighed this minor nuisance.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Morning Ian,

What an awesome review thank you so much! We are always happy to hear when ZipRecruiter works out so well for someone, couldn't ask for anything better.

Tier ll Support

Ardittee N.

My life would be TERRIBLE without Ziprecruiter

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

I personally adore this job board. Like I mentioned, it has bought diversity of applicants through our office doors and made our business a lot more like a family environment given the fact that we have different levels of experience that we are hiring. I think it is great and makes my job extremely easy.

Pros

Ziprecruiter is my go to Job Board as a Hiring Manager. Ziprecruiter not only has great affordable plans but they truly cast the widest net when it comes to applicants. Coming from a place where I was only budgeted for Indeed, Ziprecruiter has opened up doors by advertising to every board from Monster to Linkedin. It has truly been a game changer and we have seen numerous people come through our doors that have been sharp and well qualified individuals. Each applicant has their own story and we have met great employees through this software and that is because Ziprecruiter leaves no stone unturned. They really are the best contenders in the job seeing world!

Cons

The one issue I would say would be the "Quick Apply". From my experience, sometimes the quick apply is so easy for applicants it makes my job as a Hiring Manager a little tough. This is due to the fact that when an applicant is on a job application frenzy, they will apply for anything and everything meaning they do not necessarily remember applying/apply by mistake. This results in a lot of confusion and wasted time when reaching out to applicants. If there was maybe more of a screening process involved so the applicants are required to read and check what they're apply for, it'd make a huge difference!

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hello Ardittee,

Thank you for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter, Your feedback is very important to us! We are happy to hear that you had a good experience with us and our platform. It is always a great feeling when you successfully make your new hire/hires! We hope they are the perfect fit for your company!

If you need any assistance with anything, feel free to contact our Customer Success Team by calling 877-252-1062. We are available 24/7.

Kind Regards

Tier II

Brian H.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

For when you need a job, or a new employee, in a zip...

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

It gets exhausting submitting applications for available positions now that virtually all employers application process is now online. Having to enter the same information, over and over, turns the job hunt from being a propitious event full of hope and promise into a dull, dreary task full of monotony. Many times I have found a position I am very interested in and would qualify for, but end up not applying simply out of dread. As a result, many companies have missed out on the best employee for the job: me!

ZipRecruiter turns the job hunt experience around on its head. It's based on the premise that today's fast-paced business environment leaves prospective applicants little time and impetus to apply for the open positions employers need to fill. In order to attract the best candidates for listed openings - many of whom are already employed and have time constraints - the new user on ZipRecruiter's platform "applies" for a "job" in the form of filling out their profile. From there, the user simply needs to peruse job listings, and when something of interest is found, he or she clicks on "apply" and for most positions, that's it, they are done - in a zip! Employers receive the profile data which serves as the application for the posted job, and their unique approach facilitates finding the best candidates for the position.

Pros

As a project work employee that relies on my employer being awarded relevant contracts, my job search for more permanent, suitable employment has been sporadic but ongoing for several years now. ZipRecruiter turns an otherwise off-putting chore into a simple, easy task, that lets the busy professional apply for job openings with one click and that's it for most listed positions.

Cons

ZipRecruiter's algorithm for recommendations matching job seekers with job openings could use some fine-tuning.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hello Brian,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter, your feedback is very important to us! We are happy to hear that you had a good experience with us and our platform. We try to make finding a job as easy as possible. Good luck in your job search and thank you for letting Ziprecruiter be part of it. If you need any assistance with anything, feel free to contact our Customer Success Team by calling 877-252-1062. We are now available 24/7

Tier II Support

John N.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

The best tool to recruit the high callibre candidates.

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

I have gained much of the benefits from the whole recruiting procedure which had allowed me to gain more insights about the right candidates and connecting me with them. It allows me to filter the high caliber candidates in a more efficient way rather than the standard channels which only brings out the available individuals. It always led me towards making the right choices for me as well as for my company.

Pros

The overall effectiveness of this tool depends on whom and from which industry sector you are trying to hire the candidates. There are some productive results from few campaigns and quite low for the other ones. Well, it is quite easy to post the required position without any kind of struggle at all and within few minutes its starts infiltrating the appropriate candidates for you. The ads are most visually pleasing and attracts more audience with creative content lines. We can also filter the right candidate for us by targeting specific candidates, location, education and experience. It is great recruiting tool specifically for the recruiters allowing them to improve the efficiency of their work.

Cons

This tool brings itself some serious issues that requires the attention of the users and the management. The foremost thing that requires utmost improvement is their own customer support which always doesn't responds to us in more directly way. They always try to lure us with some hefty pricey plans which are not even required at all. There's also abundance of notifications and alerts that we have to sort out manually. The recruiting process is somehow simplified with this tool but it is mostly same like mailing approach and not anything much better.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hi John,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We at Ziprecruiter want you to know that we want to provide the best customer service to you. We are also pleased you feel we are the best tool to recruit in hiring high caliber candidates.

We are also glad to see that the ads are pleasing visible and can apply for positions within minutes.

If you ever need anything else, our team is available to you 24/7!

Dionne