Loc8

Quotes, jobs, assets and invoicing for trade businesses

3,7
Industry: Security & Investigations
Company size: Self Employed

Great Field Service App

Reviewed on 2018/09/24

So far its been great. I switched because my last FSM software increased the pricing and/or changed the pricing structure. Since I am a very small service company specializing in life safety inspections, I don't always need the routing, GPS tracking, auto emails and SMS, etc. Many programs now days either lump the few options I need (tasks, subtasks, portal, branding, etc) with numerous functions I would never use. This usually prices it out of a reasonable range.....

Pros

The , most important feature, to me is the ability to create a job from within the app, on the fly. Many FSM apps force a user to go to the website via browser to add certain information. I realize that's on purpose, to limit junk information being input into your system, however for smaller companies like me its critical to be able to perform all functions within the app.

Cons

It appears there are certain features that are not in the freemium version. I would like it if there was a way to perform an extended demo of those items. also, It would be great if items not included in the freemium could be on a menu based subscription.
Lastly, where most of these softwares fail, in my opinion, is bulk export of everything. I.e. - if I ever cancel for any reason, I should be able to bulk export all of my pictures, files, notes, contacts, work orders, invoices, etc …. most either have very limited export options or require manual export per job, etc.

Response from Loc8.com

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for your feedback and review. We will get in touch with you soon regarding a demo of the premium features!

Regards,

Corwin D.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Straight Forward and User Friendly

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

It's so simple to use that I can refer associates and colleagues to open jobs, they can do the job and I get a finders fee. I don't even have to touch the job technically, I can get paid.

Pros

During the start-up period of my business, I went through the trial periods of several task management and technical dispatch programs. Jobber, Housecall, Thumbtack and then Loc8. While Jobber and Housecall are over complicated with hidden fees attached everywhere, I found Loc8 to be very intuitive and very affordable in the long run and the trial is completely free. All of those programs require you to modify and manually tweak the settings at some point so the easier a program like Loc8 is to use, the more time you can dedicate to developing your business and getting projects done.

Cons

Being entirely cloud based can have it's downsides in the field when connectivity is spotty.

Response from Loc8.com

Hi Corwin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such positive review about our software, we greatly appreciate and value your feedback!

We are pleased to know that you are satisfied with your Loc8 experience as we are continuously working on ways to improve our platform to make it always more intuitive and effective.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Fairly easy to navigate, some changes required to tailor it to my liking.

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Quickly and efficiently manage multiple jobs.

Pros

Much more open and navigational than V3. Able to have more control over jobs and the information within them.

Cons

When opening a job with 1 click, small window opens with brief details, Good! but the bad part is when double click - window opens fully, then < to exit back to the list of jobs, the page refreshes and it starts at the top of the list of jobs instead of where I was when I clicked to open the job. As a result I have to scroll down through over a 150 jobs to find where I was before I opened the job in full. This is a tedious task as I have to wait for the information to re-download. If this is done multiple times per hour I am losing time.
My suggestion is, when the job is opened in full then closed, the list of jobs remains the same as when the job is opened with one click for a brief view. Or, open in full view as a separate window so the job list is not affected and remains at the same location.

Response from Loc8.com

Hi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our software, we appreciate and value your feedback.

We are glad to hear that your experience with the new version of our platform is satisfying. We are constantly trying to improve our solution to make it seamless and intuitive to all our users.

We take note of the feedback you've listed in your review and we will make sure that this information gets passed onto our Product Team.

In the meantime, if you need any assistance to navigate your way around the new Loc8 system, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us. We are always happy to help our customers!

Willoughby P.
Industry: Utilities

Every Field Serviceman’s Must-Have

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Running a handyman company in the Las Vegas desert became much easier with the application and it’s dire and communication between clients, technicians and dispatch. We still need more help setting up our system, however we have had great reviews from our team and users on awesome confirmation notifications of both appointments and status updates! Greatly looking forward to trialing properly and integrating new customers into this easy to operate program! It would help if there were 24/7 customer service to aide in the setup outside of Australian timezones.

Pros

Seamless run from app to website. Team and customers can see and communicate in real time, in one place!

Cons

The limited abilities of tutorials or guidance without reading hours of text... more videos on YouTube would even work. We have also noticed that we need to be able to customize more texts & e-mails between clients, customers and technicians.

Response from Loc8.com

Hi Willoughby,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our software, we greatly appreciate and value your feedback!

We are continuously working on all aspects of our apps, user interface included, to provide a good and seamless user experience. If you ever need assistance with your Loc8 system, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us, one of our Support Team members will be happy to help!

We are working on some better documentation and tutorials, you should see that release over the coming weeks and months.

Adam M.
Industry: Retail

Worth It!

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

Excellent customer service, Very helpful with queries, Easy to setup, Easy to use, Good functionality.

Pros

Loc8 is very easy to use once you have gotten your head around it, i've managed to get all our customers uploaded by a simple upload tool and got everything setup and ready to go. handy feature for users to see where other users are providing they have checked into the sites they visit. Very helpful support, managed to get any queries sorted easily.

Cons

Not much to say that's bad, The only down side for me was that Loc8 is based in Australia and i'm in the UK so the time difference makes a big impact on support questions. This cant be helped so doesn't pose a problem for me.

Response from Loc8.com

Hi Adam,

Tony N.

Have been less than impressed with this latest version. The application continually hangs.

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

The application is good in principle, but required the android mobile app to be fully functional before this was released!

Cons

The android mobile application continually causes the phone to hang, requiring a complete shutdown of the phone. The previous version was fully functional from the outset. This version has been overthought, less functional and has taken a backward step in user friendliness. It's more time consuming in completing processes than the previous version.

Response from Loc8.com

Hi Tony,

We are aware of the fact that you are currently required to use a restricted portal of Loc8 as part of your contract with a larger organisation.

If you would like, we could organise a call with one of our Support Team members to present you the actual features and benefits of the Loc8 platform which are dramatically different from what you are currently experiencing with this portal.

Do let us know when you have time for a call, we would be pleased to continue this conversation with you!

Industry: Consumer Services

LOC8 Review

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/05/22

Overall, yes I liked it if it was free, but having to pay for it made me feel like it’s more of a hassle when compared to other easier softwares.

Pros

I actually love that the customer can accept or deny my estimate sent to them by email. I also like that it turns your accepted estimates into jobs!

Cons

I don’t like that on some occasions my customers reported having to get a LOC8 app of some sort just to open my estimates. It may have been my having a setting on or something but that leads me to another point of the software not being as user friendly as I’d like. I wish there was some tutorial for how it’s supposed to work.

Rodney T.

Difficult to get paid

Reviewed on 2016/10/25

We have a dozen devices with Loc8, many with multiple daily jobs, so we have a very good feel about the software.
I suppose accountability is the big plus for with photos and comments our admin certainly knows what is happening, in real time.
The one problem we gave us when there are several different jobs in one work order which often is completed by different teams .... ie fencing and clearing fencing line( trees etc) are done separately. Because we cannot access charges our end of Loc8 we end up doing a lot of manual book work which in today's world shouldn't happen.
We have approached you about this but result.
We have also enquired about our own Loc8 for work other than HNZ .... we still wait after 2 years
My Accountant can explain our problem better ... talk to Sam on 04 5286007
Thanx
Rodney

Response from Loc8.com

REVIEW RELATED TO 2015 LOC8 SYSTEM | New 2017 version available!

Hi Rodney,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our software, we really appreciate and value your feedback.

Customer service is at the epicentre of our business strategy so our support team will get in touch with you and they will do their very best to optimise your Loc8 experience!

Charity W.
Industry: Accounting

Straight forward and easy to use software

Reviewed on 2018/05/31

Management of field staff

Pros

It can integrate with other accounting software. It is also very straightforward and easy to use. Also very affordable.

Cons

The software has some downtime which is very inconveniencing. It would also be good if the word technician is customizable to make it usable across the field service industry.

Response from Loc8.com

Hi,

We are glad to know that in overall, you are satisfied with our product! We take note of your feedback regarding the word technician and we will make sure that this information gets passed onto our Product Team.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us if you need assistance with your Loc8 system.

Vivian Y.

It is very hard to save data.

Reviewed on 2016/10/25

It is very hard to save data. sometimes we try to put some data inside, but it is very hard to save data, once we find it out, we have to put the data again.

Response from Loc8.com

REVIEW RELATED TO 2015 LOC8 SYSTEM | New 2017 version available!

Hi Vivian,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our software!

We understand your frustration regarding certain aspects of our platform and we couldn¿t agree more with some of the points you raise.

As a result, we have been working hard to develop an advanced version of our platform in order to thwart these issues that you and other customers have faced using the previous version of our software.

We encourage you to take advantage of the 14-day free trial so you can take note of the significant improvements. Our support team will get in touch with you and they will do their very best to optimise your Loc8 experience!

Even though you have experienced some inconveniences using our system in the past, we can assure you that customer service is at the epicentre of our business strategy!

Ross D.

Frustrated

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

Travel functional. Doesn't work correctly. You check it and it tells you you have not completed all tasks.

Response from Loc8.com

REVIEW RELATED TO 2015 LOC8 SYSTEM | New 2017 version available!

Hi Ross,

Mike T.
Industry: Telecommunications

Fairly Straight forward application to use, looking forward to the new features that are to be added

Reviewed on 2018/04/06

Currently able to manage and run our small field staff with ease

Pros

Clean and basic user interface. Very easy to deploy and mobile application works well. Found that the customer service is very responsive and personal.

Cons

The browser version has experienced some downtime. Most likely to the dev of the application as it is still somewhat in Beta stages.

Response from Loc8.com

Hi Mike,

We are glad to know that you are satisfied with our product! Customer experience/satisfaction is at the epicentre of our business strategy!

Leslie B.

Loc8 review

Reviewed on 2016/11/06

The web browser can be slow sometimes. It takes a long time to load jobs. The app is good and user friendly.

Response from Loc8.com

REVIEW RELATED TO 2015 LOC8 SYSTEM | New 2017 version available!

Hi Leslie,

As a result, we have been working hard to develop an advanced version of our platform and we strongly encourage you to take advantage of the 14-day free trial so you can take note of the significant improvements. Our support team will get in touch with you and they will do their very best to optimise your Loc8 experience!

Your feedback has helped us to improve our system, so now let us return the effort and see how we can help you improve your business too!

Alyce T.

Few issues but will get there

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

I don't doubt that this program will be a good resource for our techs to use, however it has taken a while to get up and running! There has been issues getting it set up to work a certain way for our company, but i believe it will be a handy tool when it is working smoothly.

Pros

The link it will have to our system. It will take away a lot of man hours and manual updates. It will save time.

Cons

That it has taken a while to be up and running to its full potential.

Response from Loc8.com

REVIEW RELATED TO 2015 LOC8 SYSTEM | New 2017 version available!

Hi Alyce,

Customer service is at the epicentre of our business strategy so we will make sure that your Loc8 experience is a success for you and your techs.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Sergio C.

Maintaining our facilities management operation

Reviewed on 2013/08/26

Loc8 has provided us with a solution to maintain our facilities management operation. We needed an effective simple solution to manage contractors and assets, which resulted with what we were looking for.

The system will provide a management service to identify, schedule, manage and collect all documentation. This will provide assurance that out buildings are meeting with current regulation. This service operates on line, and manages the recommendation and approval of invoices.

We have been happy with the service and their development and support team and would recommend their service.

Response from Loc8.com

Hi Sergio,

Customer service is at the epicentre of our business strategy so we are very pleased to know that your Loc8 experience is a success!

Chris A.

A New Loc8 User

Reviewed on 2016/10/25

Generally the experience has been good. This is the first time I have used Loc8, so I would never create negative comments until I have generated more time in the program. I have been on the system since April and we have changed some of our work structure. At times we find the system to be slow, but with upgrades Loc 8 has provided a good response. I feel sure as this Company progresses with this contract, and our training moves forward I will be a competent user of Loc 8.

Response from Loc8.com

REVIEW RELATED TO 2015 LOC8 SYSTEM | New 2017 version available!

Hi Chris,

Jim B.

Very capable program

Reviewed on 2018/04/07

Pros

seems to have a lot of things to offer and use
customer mangement billing and scheduling emailing as well

Cons

I think some of the scheduling and assignment threw me off don't seem to get it
I may need more time with program or ?
I did not like the invoices the way they would look to plain to me should be more custom

Response from Loc8.com

Hi Jim,

We are glad to know that you are satisfied with our product! We would love to make your Loc8 experience even more enjoyable so please, do let us know if you would like us to get one of our Support team members to call you.

Aaron B.
Industry: Construction

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

I am now able to run my entire business from one application!

Pros

I love all of the features the software offers.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons! It does everything I need it to do.

Response from Loc8.com

Hi Aaron,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such positive review about our software, we appreciate and value your feedback!

We are continuously working on ways to improve our product to make it always more intuitive and effective.

Scott M.

Great piece of agile software

Reviewed on 2016/10/25

Implemented this at an electrical engineering company. The implemenation process was smooth with Loc8 experts on hand every step of the way. The software itself enabled head office to schedule jobs for an aircon maintenance project, with functionality being constantly updated to address our growing requirements

Response from Loc8.com

REVIEW RELATED TO 2015 LOC8 SYSTEM | New 2017 version available!

Hi Scott

Chris S.

Great product with great features.

Reviewed on 2016/10/25

A practical and well built product that is easy to implement and fit into any business which requires an asset management and online helpdesk tool. Loc8 is easy to use and is practical and has helped us to streamline our estates department and keep track of both planned and reactive maintenance.

Response from Loc8.com

REVIEW RELATED TO 2015 LOC8 SYSTEM | New 2017 version available!

Hi Chris,

Binh P.

Sentinar manages 27,000 buildings with ease using Loc8

Reviewed on 2010/10/18

Fantastic for facility management with one or hundreds of technicians. We maintain 27,000 buildings right across Australia, in remote locations, and have over 70 mobile technicians using Loc8 daily.

Pros

Great User Interface.
Navigating is easy; icons make it user friendly for all types of users.
Asset Management Tool for all purposes.
Speed of system is good on both LAN, Internet & wireless.
Implementation is easy for end-users.
Web based.

Cons

System is dependant on Adobe Flash Player, which means ensuring the latest version is rolled out. However, it does give a great user experience.

Andre L.

LOC* ATL Review

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

System is slow,cumbersome and difficult to work with. Also to pedantic and complicated. It takes a long time to find information and it's extremely difficult and confusing the way data is populated.

Response from Loc8.com

REVIEW RELATED TO 2015 LOC8 SYSTEM | New 2017 version available!

Hi Andre,

Barry N.

Early days Still

Reviewed on 2016/10/25

We are still in the early stages, the customer service with help and assistance is good but the system is huge and we still have a lot to learn and a long way to so extra training is required.

Response from Loc8.com

Hi Barry,

Our Support team is here to help you at any time so please don't hesitate to get in touch with them.

Customer service is at the epicentre of our business strategy and we want to make sure that your Loc8 experience is a success!

Andy P.

Loc8 helps with mobile functionality

Reviewed on 2016/10/25

Loc8 gives the opportunity to our business to resolve the lack of mobility applications. Sound public API, brilliant support and ability to build custom dedicated interface are the key points of the success.

Response from Loc8.com

REVIEW RELATED TO 2015 LOC8 SYSTEM | New 2017 version available!

Hi Andy,

Daniel B.

Reviewed on 2016/10/25

Loc8 is a great tool for scheduling all your maintenance and calibration requirements. Most of all it is an excellent tool for inventory control. All in one location, nothing will go missing.

Response from Loc8.com

REVIEW RELATED TO 2015 LOC8 SYSTEM | New 2017 version available!

Hi Daniel,