QuickBooks Time Reviews

4.8/5

Timothy
Timothy
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Not perfect, but perfect for my small business

Reviewed on 2023/06/09

It’s easy to use, you can add it to your mobile phone so every employees has access to the time clock and calendar and whatever features you give them access to. Very user friendly

Pros

Easy to use, from scheduling to the time clock and keeping track of your employees it’s all in one program.

Cons

That you have to pay per user, I prefer a package deal so I don’t always have to go in and edit my active users. Paying a different price every time I hire or lose an employee can get irritating but Qb keeps track of it so it’s not as bad as it could be.

Time Tracker, ADP Workforce Now and Square Payments

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Time

My accountant recommended it because she’s been using QB for years and it’s easy to get used to it.

Virtual TimeClock

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

Accountant recommendation and ease of use.
Jessica
Jessica
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

An effective tool for time tracking that improves productivity

Reviewed on 2023/09/05

We can keep tabs on how much time is spent on each project thanks to its many useful features. Our team members are now more time-efficient as a result of this. With the data gleaned through analytics and reports, you can make educated choices about how to maximize efficiency and cut down on downtime.

Pros

QuickBooks Time was the perfect solution since it gave us visibility into how much time and effort was spent on each assignment. It keeps everyone on the team on schedule and gives them data they can use to make decisions about the project. Past project QuickBooks Time reports have helped us plan ahead and deliver on management's goals.

Cons

It's a lot to take in at first, but things settle down to a reasonable level after a while. The mobile app doesn't look as robust as the desktop version, suggesting it could use an update. There is nothing else about QuickBooks Time that I dislike.

Margie
  • Industry: Utilities

Quickbooks Time

Reviewed on 2024/05/23

It's been a good experience so far, however I feel like we could be using more of it's features than we are. There wasn't much training on it.

Pros

I like that there is the option to use the web version or the app on our company cell phones

Cons

I find it difficult to update the customer list. I would also like to be able to implement a standby rotation schedule for each group.

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

Good for basic stuff

Reviewed on 2024/04/18

Pros

I liked how easy it was to set up and the price.

Cons

Not as easy to use as time tracking sites.

Musa
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

REVIEW ON THE EFICIENCY OF QUICKBOOKS TIME

Reviewed on 2024/02/13

Quickbooks is an essential tool for businesses as it allows for easy use in time tracking, clocking in and out of members of staff and it is also an efficient tool for payroll management.

Pros

I like the fact that the software uses customizable reports, thereby allowing me to have insight into my team's productivity and working hours. It also offers an easy user-friendly interface for time management, work work-tracking report creation.

Cons

Poor customer support, I feel they can do more to improve on that.

Sequoia
  • Industry: Entertainment

10/10 I recommend

Reviewed on 2024/04/30

Pros

Helps me keep track of all of the employees without having to track it down.

Cons

It can drag sometimes meaning if I’m doing to many things at once it’ll freeze

Jasmine
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Review timeclock

Reviewed on 2024/05/17

Pros

I like having the capability to see when employees clock in and out. It also has the option to add several locations which is helpful for our company since we have multiple locations with employees cross training

Cons

Sometimes the notification lag and do not notify the employees of missing punches

Eric

QuickBooks Time

Reviewed on 2024/04/15

Pros

I like being able to clock in and out from my phone with the app

Cons

I don't have any negative issues with this product

Jerry
  • Industry: Medical Practice

QuickBooks Review

Reviewed on 2024/04/25

Pros

The ease of being able to clock in and clocking out and being able to Manage Time for both the workplace and Paid time off

Cons

Updating Direct deposit could be a bit of a hassle

Olga

Easy access to your daily time.

Reviewed on 2024/04/19

Pros

Being able to see your every day clock in and out.

Cons

Didn't have access until I downloaded the app and Now I'm able to see my punches in and out.

Joanne
  • Industry: Accounting

T Sheets is awesome

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

Pros

I love the easy of access the most. I can access from anywhere. I can assist clients when I'm out and about, I don't have to be stuck in the office all day. Job cost made easy. Reports are fabulous.
Your Support staff are all great. Customer service rep helped me today and of course once again,

Cons

um, Hmm. I'll have to get back to you on this one.

Melody
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Easy to track & submit hours worked! TSheets can even be used as a schedule!

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

This has been a great program that our business has used to track hours worked for payroll. We have multiple offices accross several counties and it's nice to have a central place that all of the hours are entered and available for HR to do payroll. Our company has also used this program as a schedule for our support staff and it's been very helpful to able to reference who is in what office so you know who to contact when you need to speak to a specific office.

Pros

TSheets has some flexibility in how you enter in your hours worked - they can be entered manually or by clocking in and out on the website. There is also a phone app for this program, so if you're on the go then this makes it easy to still track your hours or clock in/out. In addition, when you enter hours or clock in you have the ability to choose what "job" this was for. This is especially in tracking expenses for specific projects, jobs or offices. In addition, TSheets has a Schedule function. You are able to enter a schedule for all employees using the program and can specify what "job" the time is used for on the schedule.

Cons

When I use TSheets, I open up the website and just leave the browser up sometimes for weeks at a time. The only issue I've found is that when I do that, the schedule and/or time entries do not update to the next week automatically. It has to be done manually as it will continue to show the original week until "told" to change. It does work fine if you log out though. This is a specific problem for if you leave the browser open. This isn't really a big deal - it's easy enough to either click to the next week or just log out & log back in. It just surprised me though that it didn't auto-update when the week changed.

Kara

Extremely Disappointed

Reviewed on 2022/10/24

The experience with QB Time has been so disheartening. I was really hoping the largest hurdle with this software was ensuring the team did not have to do double work between our event/ inventory software where we schedule our labor and the actual time tracking of those setting up and breaking down. It has so many tools that would be great to use IF you can actually get to a point where the software is set up and you know how to use it. I have called countless times and spoken with the customer service team who can only assist "so much" and have also circled back to the sales team only to have voicemails and emails left unanswered. This has been such a disappointing experience resulting in my team watching you tube videos as a last ditch effort to learn the software BEFORE we cancel it altogether and find another software that actually has their world together enough to accommodate the paying customer.

Pros

This software offers so many benefits- - Connects with our inventory software which outlines each job/ event- Offers online clock in and out - Offers real time updates - Provides reporting for labor used during that pay period so labor coordinator can approve payroll quickly - Integrates with Quickbooks Online for easy processing of payroll - Allows for perimeters to be set when clocking in and out along with GPS tracking - Auto clock out when physically outside of the area of the job

Cons

No integration - meaning after you sign up, you are left to figure out how to set up the software and then work with customer service team on any questions. There is no middle set to ensure you know how to use the software, let alone ensure you have it set up correctly.

Nowsta, ClockShark and Homebase

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

It's ability to integrate with Quickbooks Online and the available features. Nothing we looked at actually integrated with our inventory software however QB Time was the closest we could get to the list of the wants for a timesheet tracking software.
Lingraj

Quick & Easy to use platform or multiple aspects

Reviewed on 2023/04/11

my overall experience with Quickbooks is fabulous as it served as my assistant in record keeping and accountability, It was quick and easy to operate and extract required data whenever necessary through drag and drop features.

Pros

Its books and ledger segregation feature is unique as compared to similar platforms like Zohobooks and Freshbooks

Cons

A few of the processes like adding a new asset type take time to add to the primary library.Beneficiary account details are sometimes difficult to track as the sorting feature is not available.

SAP S/4HANA Cloud

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

Freshbooks had faulty errors many times and the customer support was worse, it would take 48hrs and more to resolve an issue and to get the work done.Eventually, the platform was getting frozen upon uploading bulk data like employee records, asset details, and other attachments.Quickbooks was referred to us by our client and partners.While it's been 3 years of using QuickBooks and there have been no technical issues that required me to reach out to the support services.
Shahmir
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

An excellent tool for scheduling and tracking

Reviewed on 2023/06/14

Tracking of hours should be more clear, rest all is fine.

Tracking of hours should be more clear, rest all is fine.

Pros

Being a senior researcher, I have to keep a track of my projects and their deadlines. QuickBooks provides me with all the details and services I am looking for. Moreover, their Customer service is excellent. I strongly recommend all the people involved in scheduling, monitoring and payroll management to try this platform. Surely, you wont be disappointed.

Cons

Monthly Subscriptions. There should be an option of lifetime subscription.

Oracle Primavera Cloud

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Time

Quickbooks time is more user friendly and easy to learn. Also, tracking in this software is more easy as compared to other related softwares.

Lillian
Lillian

Each task has registration and geographic tracking with Quickbooks Time

Reviewed on 2023/10/06

Look for time and project management systems that don't require extensive learning curves and can be picked up with minimal effort. When we're out and about, we never have to worry about the app crashing. Your time management skills are put to the test by the fact that this item is here.

Pros

This software includes tools for tracking employees' arrival and departure times and locations, as well as the total amount of time spent at each job site. This helps you save time and money by preventing the worker from clocking in from another location. The distribution and use of the software is possible on a wide range of mobile devices.

Cons

Sometimes the gps location is off. The app's features may sometimes occasionally be unclear. Additionally, it cannot operate without a connection to the internet.

Joshua

Joshua's Review of QuickBooks

Reviewed on 2023/07/10

Pros

QuickBooks offers record-keeping and reporting and the entry-level plan comes with more free reports than its competitors.If you opt for the premium plan it will of course offer many more features.There are many integrations to choose from, plus options to add in-house bookkeeping and payroll.All the information is simple to share with my bosses. The company also offers experts and online resources if needed.Excellent customer service 24/7 with a friendly staff

Cons

The monthly plans are a little more expensive compared to other programs.QuickBooks only offers a limited amount of users with each plan. Even the highest plan on allows 25.Although complicated when first starting after learning the program it gets easier.

Dada
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 2023/11/26

It had been very good and made my job faster

It had been very good and made my job faster

Pros

It makes accounting very easy even with basic accounting abilities you can navigate QuickBooks and produce quality reports

Cons

Sometime professional support can be lacking

TallyPrime

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Time

Quick online was very favourable and came highly recommended by other professionals.

Peach Software

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

Its ease of usage and came highly recommended
Aninda
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Awesome HR Management Application

Reviewed on 2022/10/21

It was great and effective all through. However we didn't continue it further because of the hefty cost we incurred.

Pros

This is a full fledged HR Management Application covering end-to-end features. Using this app empowered HR department to be more effective and our employees/users got their work/service done at breeze with speed!

Cons

The price is a bit on the higher side and it gives you a burn if you've 500+ users using this application, which is what happened in our case. We have 600+ users using this.

Sage HR

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Time

Xero's local product support was very very non-responsive!

Xero

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

QuickBooks seemed to have all the features that we required
Adeel

Review of QuickBooks Time

Reviewed on 2023/11/30

The best among all is QuickBooks Time and very satisifed with the services.

The best among all is QuickBooks Time and very satisifed with the services.

Pros

Utilizing QuickBooks Time is a fantastic program. for workers and seamlessly integrates with payroll. With the help of this software, we no longer need to manually update timesheets on paper or in Excel, which had a significant margin of error. Our team can now track time in real time, down to the second, and to any department or cost code they require with QuickBooks Time.

Cons

Although occasionally some features are not easily accessible, QuickBooks Time customer service is slow to respond.

Catherine
Catherine
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Quickbooks handles all of our timekeeping needs

Reviewed on 2023/08/11

Since I am responsible for keeping track of my own time, I appreciate how easy it is to use. And the mobile app is great because it's not always easy to find a PC when you need to change jobs.

Pros

That we can meet all your time tracking requirements with just one app. I can easily check on everyone's progress and make any necessary adjustments or adjustments. The ease of use is also great for the staff.

Cons

It would be useful to have more options for grouping. I also wish there were more flexible permission settings instead of limiting updates to the admin.

Gennyfer

QuickBooks Time (formerly TSheets) Is a Must Have

Reviewed on 2021/05/18

QuickBooks TIme makes my payrolls, job costing, and reports so much more accurate, efficient, and expedient. The time I save pays for the software over and over again. Not to mention, the customer service is stellar!!! Each and every time I have had to contact a representative for any reason, they have been some of the most friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable customer service reps I have ever encountered with any company or product, ever. I cannot say enough good things about QuickBooks Time!

Pros

In the construction industry, you don't always have employees reporting to the office each day, they report directly to the job site. This makes it difficult at times, to know that they are actually reporting on time, this program eliminates any question of employee integrity regarding stolen time. It is also difficult to keep track of how much time is spent on each job, making the accuracy of job costing a problem. This software solves ALL of those issues. With GPS tracking, you can easily see that the employee was on site at the time that they clocked in. Also, rather than just being "on the clock", the software allows the employees to clock in specifically to the job that they are on and switch jobs mid-day if they go to multiple job sites, making job costing a breeze. This is so important in the construction industry!

Cons

The one and only feature I feel needs improvement is the tracking of mileage pay. It would be nice if the software could use its integrated GPS to track the number of miles between job sites in one day and translate that to a dollar amount of mileage pay due to the employee for the day. But, the amount of time the program saves me otherwise definitely off-sets the time I spend calculating mileage pay. So overall, it really is no big deal.

Efezino
Efezino
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Very Helpful

Reviewed on 2022/12/09

Overall, while QuickBooks offers a range of benefits and features, it is important for organizations to carefully consider their specific needs and requirements before committing to the software.

Pros

QuickBooks is an excellent software product that has helped my business in many ways. The user-friendly interface and robust features make it easy to manage and track our finances, from invoicing and bill payment to generating reports and analyzing data. The integration with other tools, such as our bank account and credit card, makes it simple to keep our financial information up-to-date and accurate. Additionally, the customer support team is always helpful and responsive, which has been a huge asset for our business. Overall, I would highly recommend QuickBooks to any business looking for a comprehensive and effective financial management solution.

Cons

While QuickBooks is a popular and effective financial management tool, it does have some limitations and potential drawbacks. Some of the potential cons of using QuickBooks include:Cost: QuickBooks can be expensive, particularly for small businesses or organizations with limited budgets. The cost of the software, as well as any additional licenses or modules, can add up quickly.Complexity: QuickBooks is a comprehensive financial management tool that can be complex to set up and use, particularly for organizations that are not familiar with the software. This can be a barrier for some organizations, particularly those with limited IT resources.Integration: While QuickBooks integrates well with other financial tools and services, it may not be as compatible with non-financial systems and applications. This can make it difficult for organizations that use a mix of different software products to fully leverage the capabilities of QuickBooks.Customization: QuickBooks provides a wide range of features and tools, but it may not always be possible to customize the software to fit the unique needs of a particular organization. This can be a limitation for organizations that require specific features or functionality that are not available out-of-the-box.

Larisa

I Love TSheets - is the best thing since sliced bread :)

Reviewed on 2016/09/14

Pros

It's incredibly user friendly. We have a complex company setup, our needs are very lengthy, but no matter what we've thrown at them... they have catered to us and made it work! The platform is flexible enough to seamlessly fit our needs. The few hurdles we've faced were easily overcome. The main problems we have run into were issues with syncing TSheets data into Quickbooks (where we run our payroll). Their service reps are knowledgeable, patient, and they truly do take the time to see it all the way through. I am so beyond impressed with their program AND their staff. I can recall one particular call that was difficult, and this is within the first week of signing up. This rep went so far above what my expectations were. They 3-way called Quickbooks tech support to get to the bottom of it for me! We spent an hour and a half on the phone, the Tsheets service rep was relentless in getting my problem resolved! They were professional, funny, and made the whole experience a positive one - even though it was very frustrating for me. A little background to the situation - I had already called TSheets and the initial rep I spoke to said the problem isn't with their system, it is an issue with Quickbooks so that's who we need to call. So I did, I called QB tech support several times and wasn't getting anywhere, despite being passed around to different people and departments. So I decided to call TSheets again to see if there was a creative way to work around the particular problem we had. And that's precisely what we did. They did a screen share for me, and walked me through adjusting my Quickbooks settings. Who does that?! Wow, I've never ever experienced that kind of professionalism. Here a TSheets rep was more savvy in Quickbooks than the actual Quickbooks support people. I couldn't believe it! I am beyond impressed with these people. Instead of getting passed around to different people, getting hung up on, or being rushed off the phone because your question is too complicated or unique, they literally treat you like you're the most important client to them. Each and every time. It's amazing! I promise, the hype you read about Tsheets is 100% legitimate. I love them!

Cons

I wish we had a single account rep that managed our company's account... however, even though we call a toll free number, the system is simple and quick. It isn't like most other places where you must press 5 buttons and listen to multiple, lengthy menus before getting to talk to a human. You literally press one button and within 20 seconds someone answers the phone. And that same person who answered is the one who will walk you through the troubleshooting of whatever your issue is. Their cross-training is remarkable. I've never experienced such an easy system! I really am blown away. I've personally called about a half a dozen times and spoken to different people each time, and every single one of them knew what they were talking about and were very, very helpful! My main disappointment is I prefer having a single go-to person that I can email instead of hopping on the phone. But that's a small price to pay because either way, their kick-ass team caters to us and it's pretty awesome!

William
  • Industry: Automotive

Great software for creating schedules and tracking time

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

Being able to track my employee's time, to manage payrolls in a faster way and keeping in touch with everyone's schedule are some of the benefits TSheets has given me ever since I started implementing it in my work. And not only it works to keep track of other employees but also for myself; I can track the time that I work in a certain project for a client that needs me to give a report of my time spent on each ongoing project.
In general, TSheets has been an amazing tool that keeps making my life easier and free from the stress of having to do everything manually and by myself. With this software, the amount of work is decreased and I am given a helpful tool to help me go through my day without any issues regarding employees' arrival time.

Pros

I've been using TSheets since I started working in management, and it has been a great resource for my job, to the point that it has saved me hours of work that can be spent in something different. TSheets is amazing for checking times of every employee in a digital format that is displayed uniquely on the site's main page. Its GPS tool was not something I knew I needed until I tried it, and it works perfectly to match the employees' time and their locations. When it comes to money-saving, I think TSheets does an amazing job being in charge check-ins and outs, instead of us having to do everything manually, and it surely has made me save money that was being wasted by carefully analyzing my employee's work.
TSheets has been a very devoted software since the start, continuously giving reports in real-time and bringing great answers to my questions every time I contact their customer support. In terms of functionality, I like that it supports diverse devices that work amazingly no matter in what type of network I'm in; it has the reliability I want to find in every software because it's important for me being able to access the softwares that I need for my work everywhere.
It is a program that combines multiple tools to give amazing results tracking-wise, one of my favorite tools being the scheduling that I can do before any project starts along with the payroll option that allows me to estimate how much it's being wasted on everything, to eventually process it successfully.

Cons

TSheets can come off as pricey, especially for a small business like me. Its prices range from free to a large amount of money but in my opinion, its benefits are worth it and I'm not sure there is another software as supportive of their customers as TSheets.
Another thing that could be improved a little bit more are the way the reports are made, I would like to be able to go deeper into a report instead of keeping it simple. But it's not that much of a problem.