TSheets Reviews

Shelly T.

Set Up Made Easy

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Tsheets has helped me manage my employees schedules, track their time, integrate with quickbooks payroll. This way I don't have to spend time looking at a different time system, printing the pdf document and then entering in the employees time into quickbooks to pay the employee. Also our company always has some employee that "forgot" to punch in or out and I was always having to fix it for them. Tsheets gives me the ability to have them fix it themselves or have another manager edit the time. The app is very user friendly and it seems to work well for my company.

Pros

The best thing about Tsheets for me is that I can use it with my quickbooks payroll and my employees can track their time and manage their missed clock in & outs themselves. This has really saved me some time during my day to give my employees some responsibility for their timesheets.

Cons

There is not much I don't like but if I have to pick one it would be the price. I am on the advanced level of quickbooks and use payroll also, and for the price I pay for that I think tsheets should be included as part of my subscription because they work so well together.

Cindy B.

What a Time Saver!

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

It saves me at least four hours per week on payroll, so I can work on other projects. It's also easy, clean, and simple to use. I spend a lot less time asking employees for information they were forgetting to write down.

Pros

This app has single-handedly reduced our employee-touch payroll tasks by at least 30% in under a week. Onboarding is super simple. We've traditionally balked at using an app for employee time-keeping because they usually overpromise and underdeliver. We have a unique set of problems with payroll because we track employee drive time and work time separately, and we have to compare employee time with GPS locations of our vehicles. This is because we have crews splitting off from each other all of the time, getting in and out of different trucks, working on different jobs for different customers, etc. We piece it all back together in the office based on sometimes incomplete reports, and this is the FIRST time we've ever seen a solution that actually WORKS for all of the little nuances we have. There are six user-created optional tracking fields that we've set up to track per diem, payroll notes, employee notes to the office, the truck the employee was assigned to at the time, etc. We're able to set up unlimited customers and jobs (another problem we've had with TSheets's competitors in the past when we've previously tried to adopt an application). And the best part is the employees love it. Their previous option was to fill in a Google Sheets timesheet or a paper timesheet, both of which were cumbersome for them to keep up with. The TSheets app saves your last inputted job, so they just have to go in and change what's different - they don't have to re-input anything. Wonderful!

Cons

So far, the only thing that we've stumbled over was a minor inconvenience. You can't batch edit an employee's time entries. Each entry is considered a "time sheet" by itself, so if an employee chooses the wrong job, and we have to fix it, we may have to touch each time entry and open it to edit. It's STILL way faster than manually entering everyone's time. It also pulls directly into QuickBooks, so it eliminates a lot of time we used to spend on data entry to a payroll summary and then again after we've approved that report the data entry into QuickBooks. We've cut payroll down from taking two and a half days to a little more than one work day. We're definitely happy customers, and we've only been using it for three weeks.

William M.

Why didn't I do T-Sheets sooner!!!

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

MMI is a Small Subcontractor, with 10 employees and growing.
We use T-Sheets for our employee's time card program which are linked to our QuickBooks. With a hit of a button T-sheets and QuickBooks are synced, which makes time entry, time verification, job reporting, so much easier.
T-Sheets is so easy to use for the employee and employer. Customer support is right there via chat or after hours you are able to send an email and usually before I get into work I have my answer. I am a Penney pitcher and the cost is well worth it. We don't use the calendar option due to it doesn't fit our needs it is on the basic side and we need a more complex layout because we use our calendar as a work ticket for our installers and this is why we only put 4 stars on features. All in all, we/ I am very happy with T-Sheets :)

Pros

MMI is a Small Subcontractor, with 10 employees and growing.
We use T-Sheets for our employee's time card program which is linked to our QuickBooks. With a hit of a button T-sheets and QuickBooks are synced, which makes time entry, time verification, job reporting, so much easier.
T-Sheets is so easy to use for the employee and employer. Customer support is right there via chat or after hours you're able to send an email and usually before I get into work I have my answer. I am a Penney pitcher and the cost is well worth it. We don't use the calendar option due to it doesn't fit our needs it is on the basic side and we need a more complex layout because we use our calendar as a work ticket for our installers and this is why we only put 4 stars on features. All in all, we/ I am very happy with T-Sheets

Cons

We don't use the calendar option due to it doesn't fit our needs it is on the basic side and we need a more complex layout because we use our calendar as a work ticket for our installers and this is why we only put 4 stars on features. All in all we/ I am very happy with T-Sheets

Michael S.

Dominic was very prompt very polite very personable and very helpful!

Reviewed on 2017/05/04

organization and time savings are the two biggest benefits

Pros

Overall ease of use is phenomenal! its extremely convenient, my employees love it. the cloud access is probably my favorite feature. being able to add and edit job codes from the mobile app is great! theres just so many things i love about the software that i cant begin with a review and keep it under 1500 words. in short i like the: compatibility with xero, square and others, i like the functions it can provide with scheduling, job reports etc. the pto is simple and easy to understand which is great. The customer service is absolutely out of this world. i think that might actually be my favorite part of the software. i cant thank you guys enough for putting such an emphasis on that end of things! in todays day and age its a lost service and dealing with tsheets support is always pleasant, easy and fast! very very refreshing!!

Cons

the cons i have are, certain functions are a little hard to get the hang of, for instance the overtime calculator and job costs function, i wish there was a way to add expenses to each employee such as insurance, social security, medicare etc so i could have an itemized list of what each job actually costs and what percentage of it is fixed costs and what can be trimmed or cut out. The complexity and highly indepth nature could be considered a con or a pro its a double edged sword really, i love all of the functions but i feel as though i need to take a class just to understand all of the functions and how to properly use them to make tsheets as effective as it can possibly be. so the in depth nature is fantastic if i were to take the time to train myself or pay to train an employee but a bit of a con when i dont exactly have a ton of spare time to train myself and budgets are tight due to re investing into the company tools and etc. i realize calling that a con is a bit of a stretch because it should be figured into company budget for training/reinvesting but a simplified version could be good or step by step tutorials for each individual function would help so i can train myself on what immedeately is important vs training on the entire software on some stuff i may never need/use. hope that helps! your software is amazing! keep up the fantastic work!!

Connie P.

Excellent Support and Service

Reviewed on 2017/03/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I was attempting to set up an automated break for all staff that would occur for 30 minutes in each five hour work period. I could not get it to work so emailed my request. Customer service representative sent me an email and asked me some questions. He then followed up with me the next day, but I was not available to take his call. When I called back, I had the best, professionally customer service experience. From the person that initially answered the phone, through to the complete conversation with Customer service representative, exceptional service; when on hold while attempting to connect me with David, the person came back after one minute to apologize for leaving me on hold and let me know she was still trying to connect with David; stopped anytime I spoke and listened to what I had to say without interrupting and so on. Customer service representative reviewed my requirements and advised, he would speak to the techs and see what they could do for us. It has been a long time since I experience this amazing customer service. By the very next day the automated breaks worked perfectly. When I spoke to my associates, they commented that they were also very impressed with the customer service and sincere interest in resolving their issues in a timely manner, anytime they called.

Pros

Anytime we have come up against something that was not working correctly or hoped to have customized for our company, the Tsheets team was able to accommodate it, usually within a day. Amazing customer care!
The Tsheets system makes hourly tracking so easy and you can quickly determine where the staff were during the day and when they logged out.

Cons

Only thing is that GPS does not track the arrival time since cannot start until person logs into Tsheets. Staff that are late say they forgot to log in. It would be good to have an option so we could track as per the scheduled start time for each employee, of course, this would only apply to the staff that have company cell phones or for anyone that is compensated for the data that is required to leave their location services on.

Larisa T.

I Love TSheets - is the best thing since sliced bread :)

Reviewed on 2016/09/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It's incredibly user friendly. We have a complex company setup, our needs are very lengthy, but no matter what we've thrown at them... they have catered to us and made it work! The platform is flexible enough to seamlessly fit our needs. The few hurdles we've faced were easily overcome. The main problems we have run into were issues with syncing TSheets data into Quickbooks (where we run our payroll). Their service reps are knowledgeable, patient, and they truly do take the time to see it all the way through. I am so beyond impressed with their program AND their staff. I can recall one particular call that was difficult, and this is within the first week of signing up. This rep went so far above what my expectations were. They 3-way called Quickbooks tech support to get to the bottom of it for me! We spent an hour and a half on the phone, the Tsheets service rep was relentless in getting my problem resolved! They were professional, funny, and made the whole experience a positive one - even though it was very frustrating for me. A little background to the situation - I had already called TSheets and the initial rep I spoke to said the problem isn't with their system, it is an issue with Quickbooks so that's who we need to call. So I did, I called QB tech support several times and wasn't getting anywhere, despite being passed around to different people and departments. So I decided to call TSheets again to see if there was a creative way to work around the particular problem we had. And that's precisely what we did. They did a screen share for me, and walked me through adjusting my Quickbooks settings. Who does that?! Wow, I've never ever experienced that kind of professionalism. Here a TSheets rep was more savvy in Quickbooks than the actual Quickbooks support people. I couldn't believe it! I am beyond impressed with these people. Instead of getting passed around to different people, getting hung up on, or being rushed off the phone because your question is too complicated or unique, they literally treat you like you're the most important client to them. Each and every time. It's amazing! I promise, the hype you read about Tsheets is 100% legitimate. I love them!

Cons

I wish we had a single account rep that managed our company's account... however, even though we call a toll free number, the system is simple and quick. It isn't like most other places where you must press 5 buttons and listen to multiple, lengthy menus before getting to talk to a human. You literally press one button and within 20 seconds someone answers the phone. And that same person who answered is the one who will walk you through the troubleshooting of whatever your issue is. Their cross-training is remarkable. I've never experienced such an easy system! I really am blown away. I've personally called about a half a dozen times and spoken to different people each time, and every single one of them knew what they were talking about and were very, very helpful! My main disappointment is I prefer having a single go-to person that I can email instead of hopping on the phone. But that's a small price to pay because either way, their kick-ass team caters to us and it's pretty awesome!

Dana P.

T-Sheets is our most valuable business tool!

Reviewed on 2016/07/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We started using T-Sheets to track our employee time in 2013. Our employees work at multiple job sites doing everything from construction, industrial Electrical Wiring and Equipment Installations. This software allows them to clock in/out from the job site noting the customer and service item instead of having to come to the shop to use an old fashioned time clock or the hand written time sheets we used before. This allows us to accurately job cost our projects and to track billable service calls. The GPS Feature keeps everyone above board on clock in/out times and locations, plus provided essential documentation which was accepted by the GA DOL that saved us from being charged unemployment benefits for an employee terminated because he was repeatedly abusing the time recording policy. Tech support has been excellent. Any time we have an issue, they are always polite and usually answer the phone within minutes. They have ALWAYS been polite and helpful and easy to understand. This program also integrates with Quickbooks Enterprise very easily! We are able to process payroll with a minimum effort.

Cons

Reports could use some work.... Also, need an easier way to document when employee is absent or late. Right now there is a work around with the Paid time off, but it does not allow you to make specific notes which is necessary for documentation purposes.

Dana P.

OMG! Customer Support is AWESOME!

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

Overall, I give them a 5 stars... Their customer service, GPS Tracking of employees and mobile time entry plus ease of use by employees and the admin staff are an valuable asset to my business!

Pros

This software is perfect for our on the go team. We can track our technicians, make notes of those extras that always pop up and it is essential for our time and material projects! It is easy for our employees to use on site and even works in different time zones. Can't say enough about this ap. Best off, they have the absolute BEST customer service! Always upbeat and they know their stuff. Rep helped me today get out of a self created jam :-).

Cons

Reports are definitely a down side... They are full of graphs that are confusing rather than informational. But the main payroll report and approval reports work great that you work with all the time work fine. Just gets a little stressful when pulling up project/customer totals over different time frames....

Tim C.

Blue Dog Exteriors

Reviewed on 2017/02/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall I believe the product is beneficial and works reasonably well. There is learning curves to everything. So, it takes a bit of getting use to the format and reports. I used a paper system before so having a system available on my phone/laptop is beneficial. The gps tracking system has generally been a positive thing to know the where abouts of personnel. The sytem also keeps people honest on actual times of arrival and departure.
I tried a few other systems before TSheets and I found TSheets the easiest to understand when looking at the different reports and options. Some systems seemed to be written by programmers using terminology that was difficult to follow or undertsand. The words, descriptions and reports didn't make it easy without referencing a manual.

Pros

1) GPS tracking & Who's working features available at a glance
2) Employees can add notes to timesheets if they don't take lunch or forget to log in/out
3) Validation of hours and locations of employees
4) Summary of project hours by employee
5) Various reports available for payroll, project and employee
6) Easy for employees to use from Android or IPhones

Cons

I have not fully utilized TSheets so some of my Cons may be due to my lack of experience or understanding.
1) I have set up Add Ons for clocking in and out. If employees clock in at 8:01 for example they will get paid starting at 8:15. If they clock out at 5:14 it will go back to 5:00. The problem is when they switch between projects they lose 15 min. Currently they notify me and I adjust accordingly.
2) There is a delay at times when people clock in/out and also with the GPS locations when looking at "who's working". Employees said they clocked out but "Who's working" says they are still clocked in. Sometimes I check the GPS and I don't see tracking and the employee says they haven't done anything to their phones. Not sure what to believe.
3) Payroll reports have actual hours worked - unpaid lunch has been subtracted. Tracking reports have unpaid lunch as hours total. Using the system and understanding the reports is important.
4) All the pricing is in USD so for Canadians exchange rates fluctuate so there is some risks

A C.

DM was so helpful!

Reviewed on 2017/04/05

I needed help setting up permissions for an assistant and DM not only helped me figure out how to use what I had already set up for her, he gave me new options to maximize our productivity, reduce my work load, and he wasn't even promoting a product that was going to cost me extra--just sharing features that I hadn't yet taken advantage of! He was patient and very good at listening. Tsheets has been great at customer support in general--probably one of the best companies at actually LISTENING to their clients. He made me feel like I was asking good questions--and appreciated the feedback I had so we could make this software/program even more user-friendly. Thank you DM! Great experience today.

Pros

I love that it saves me 30+ hours each pay period because I don't have to manually enter all of my employees' timesheets, line by line. I love that it has GPS tracking, and the customer service is really fantastic.

Cons

Navigating it takes some time. Also, there aren't options in Spanish--half of our staff doesn't speak/read English because of the industry we're in. It would be SUPER helpful to be able to translate (at least their app menu options and notifications, maybe some tutorials) into Spanish for them. Being in the states, I TOTALLY appreciate them needing to learn English, but for those who have difficulty reading period--even in their own language, at least they can be reading it in their own language, so it's a little bit more user-friendly. It saves me having to try to answer a whole lot of questions, too, in a language I am not fluent in.

Teria D.

Excellent Customer Services

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

My overall experience has been great with T-Sheets. I especially love the customer service. Whenever I have a question, the team is readily available by chat or phone to assist me with my needs in a short amount of time. Today, I had the pleasure of working witha customer service rep who's positive energy read through the chat. She immediately brightened my day with her responses and resolved my issue in record time. She also provided me with tools so that I could have more assistance at my finger tips.

Pros

T-Sheets is an great time tracking systems for employees who work on multiple projects in the field. Our company has found it to be a great asset to recording time for employees and verifying that they are in place when expected. We also like the variety of reports it is able to generate for ease of information.

Cons

What I like least has nothing to do with the product. There are just so many features that I barely have time to find out just how much the software can do. I have no doubt that in some cases I am not utilizing it to its full potential.

Danielle F.

Great App!

Reviewed on 2019/07/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

So far I have had exceptional customer service with my Chats with TSheets! I also like that the chat history stays in my chat window. I have referred back to the chats a few times to refresh my memory.

Pros

The GPS location feature is helpful because we have guys who work in the field and it helps to know how much time they spent on each job and to make sure they clock in where they are supposed to (instead of clocking in at home, etc.).

The small downside to the GPS is that, if I adjust time down, the map will delete the locations from the end time that I adjusted it to. It would be nice if the map could keep the original location points for purposes of being able to show an employee where they actually were when they clocked out, if they question the reason for time being adjusted down.

Cons

See 2nd paragraph in pros section. Additionally, it would be nice if the scheduled work (from the schedule) could populate into each employee's time clock without them having to find the job name or service item each time they clock out. Also, if they are scheduled for more than one job in a day, it would be nice to have the information (job name & service item) for the NEXT job automatically populate when they click on "switch".

Hector P.

Never ever have I experienced such consistently awesome customer service. Customer rep just made my day!

Reviewed on 2017/04/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Knowing what employee is where does a dream come true. GPS tracking is one of the most useful features. Also, being able to produce reports by date, customer, employee, and any combination of those makes me significantly more effective at performing my job well.
The system also makes runny payroll a piece of cake. Add to that the ability to create custom fields for tracking mileage on vehicles and/or expenses and/or anything else I could ever think of!

Pros

Everything. First and foremost is the customer service; Unparalleled. Ease-of-use and interface are so simple, even 'non-tech-savvy' people will have no problems understanding basic functions.
Just moments ago, Customer rep helped me out by showing me some 'special buttons' that let me make changes without having to constantly ask the TSheets team for help!
I have never had a negative customer service experience with TSheets; if anything, service gets better and better as time goes on!

Cons

There are bugs in the app software whenever it gets updated, but that is something their tech team is always working hard to fix and stay on top of, so it's typically not a problem for very long.
...and I wish that I could manage two companies that could upload to two separate Quickbooks companies from the same TSheets account (but I know that's a lot to ask for).
It would also be great if notifications could be sent via text message without having to pay extra.

Michelle S.

Getting Started - Set Up and Organizing

Reviewed on 2016/06/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Once I cleaned up my Quickbooks' Customer list, the company set up and Quickbooks integration has gone pretty smoothly. Webinars could be a little faster pace but they were very informative! I had a few questions but with one click on the Live Chat, a rep was available to answer my questions with easy to understand responses. The fact that I have timesheets being submitted electronically, GPS tracking from clock in through the day until clock out AND Quickbooks Integration to expedite payroll processing - saves time and money!

Cons

When downloading the employees, I did not like how I had to go in and map the employees overtime, holiday, and vacation. There should be a faster way to map the QB designation to the Tsheets. I literally had to map overtime, holiday and vacation for each of 3 dozen employees. Not the fastest way. I'm sure Tsheets will figure out a better way pretty quickly.
The live chat link sometimes put you in touch with a rep very quickly and other times, you have to wait and by wait, once I waited almost 15 or 20 minutes. This could use some improvement.
The website has A LOT of great articles and information; however, it is not always easy to locate what you are looking for and then you feel ridiculous when the Live Chat rep sends you a link to what you couldn't find!

Tawnya K.

Awesome Support

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

I could KISS YOU!

Pros

5 stars to the team, Support is quick to respond and always has a solution. The team went the extra mile today to help with multiple issues... not just the one that was the initial reason for my request for his call. I like that he listened to me, instead of being too ready to jump in there with a PAT answer. We started using Tsheets because we were having a problem with trust in the office and were eager to get off the paper way of time management. TShseets has been wonderful managing the complexities of everyone's schedule and allowing me to do reports on any facet of it for auditing. Love too that the transition from TSheets to Quickbooks desktop is seamless, yet still in my control.

Cons

I know that the nature of web browsers (and the many versions that your customers may have) and programming are always a challenge. My son is a developer/programmer for his own company... which is how I learned. However, with all the Apple OSX users out there you should really try harder not to discount it and try to shove us over onto Chrome. For one I HATE Chrome and I prefer to use the browser that my computer comes with just because I have a higher level of trust in Apple. I saw your notice that your software works better on 3 other web browsers... but it is a long time that Safari is added to the list. ANOTHER thing... there is a problem with some of the windows not sizing correctly and landing under the scroll bar making it difficult to click the X to close out a window. It would be extra nice IF you could make those windows ALL sizable, and draggable. Thank you

Claudia R.

The best time tracking app

Reviewed on 2015/09/21

TSheets has made our client's payroll process so much easier and much faster. Something that used to take over two hours now takes about forty-five minutes. There are a lot of things to consider when setting up the account, such as the payroll item, service item, employee permissions, QuickBooks sync, etc. It can be a little time consuming, but once that's done you never have to go back to it. The mobile app is intuitive and very easy to use for employees. It takes a few minutes to teach them how to clock in and out. Our client uses Intuit Payroll, which TSheets syncs with. All the time data that appears in TSheets sync pretty quickly with QuickBooks Desktop and from there it's just a matter of creating the paychecks.

Pros

It very easy to use. The approval process is very quick and if management needs to edit an employees time, they can do it straight from the approval screen without having to close out of anything or refresh the page. There's a manual time sheet as well in case you need to record time for an employee that doesn't have the app on their phone or forgot to clock in. Employees have the ability to make notes to management on their time sheets. TSheets has great customer service. They reply to emails very quickly and stay with you until the problem is solved. They have a special plan called Flex Force, which we use and only charges for the employees that log time for the month. This is perfect for our client since not all of their employees work in a month.

Cons

The only thing that's problematic is that currently TSheets sync with QuickBooks Desktop using the Intuit Sync Manager, which isn't very fast and can be buggy. We've had some errors in the past and the sync has to be done using the same computer every time or else we have to reset the sync data. I believe that since Intuit is discontinuing the sync manager, they'll have another solution soon. That would be great because it's our only problem and it's not about the actual product, which we love.

Lisa F.

Easy to use, excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2017/06/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I had a problem this morning with trying to find a feature that had been updated and moved within Tsheets in the past week. I used Live Chat via their web site while I was on the site trying to work, and was immediately helped by a respectful CSR, Elaina (EM1). She listened, understood my problem, was able to guide me directly to where I needed to be, and did so with respect even though I'm sure the question I asked was a silly one that she gets all the time. Kudos for hiring excellent staff, Tsheets! Elaina: you rock.

Pros

Tsheets is mobile-friendly and easy to use for every member of our team on iPhone and/or Android devices. It integrates with Quickbooks Online which is helpful to us, and is customizable in the moment for cases when syncing of data hasn't happened, and our field reps need to track time immediately. Super-user-friendly desktop interface for office staff (me) - I can easily switch clients or manually update time entries for field reps when they've forgotten to switch customers or clock in. Tsheets also sends weekly tips in time tracking and office management, and provides reports on time tracking weekly - both helpful; I read all their emails thoroughly (useful content).

Cons

No automatic Quickbooks Online integrations (have to click a daily button which isn't difficult, but would be nice to be automatic).

Charal L.

Great software for a company on the move!

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Pros

The primary purpose for this software for our company was to be able to track locations that our workers are at for purpose of avoiding anyone from making claims that we were not working with our clientele. The GPS function works great for this purpose.

TSheets has great customer service #CLP. There's been some instances where employees were not able to log on and the chat feature with customer service has been a godsend. They are quick to answer, and will follow up after to see that we were able to fix the problem.

I am the one that others come to for issues or inquiries, and it has been easy to learn how to navigate through the system to get the answers that we need. I also like the ease of setting up employees and jobs.

Cons

I am not sure that this is software specific, but with the GPS function we tend to have some black out spots of town where we will lose tracking abilities on our employees. This can be simply that the phone's not hitting a cell repeater as we live in a mountainous region of the country.

One time it was software specific, but the pro to that was that they were able to figure out a way around it, and we were back up and running in no time at all.

David K.

ONLY Time Tracking Software I will Use

Reviewed on 2019/07/30
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Wasted 5 weeks trying to set up Paychex Flex Time just because they do our payroll. Finally gave up and went back to TSheets (only left because I sold previous company). Literally had TSheets set up for the entire company within 7 minutes. Even my employees love the ease of use.

Pros

EVERYTHING! Ease of set up. Ease of use. EXCELLENT customer service.

Cons

There is Nothing that I don't like about TSheets.

Erica d. B.

Easy clock-in/out, Great Reports for Managers, and great PTO transparency

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Before T-sheets, we were using excel sheets and employees were emailing them every two weeks for approval, and then submission to payroll. It was a mess, and when we had a (now former) employee who was proven to be fudging hours on a regular basis, we knew something had to be done.

Even though we made the switch to Tsheets for a primarily negative reason, it has been a great move for everyone on the team. "Who's Working" is helpful because we're 50% remote, and it also helps with transparency and accountability. The accessibility of PTO management is something everyone appreciates. I highly recommend this tool to businesses of any size with hourly employees!

Pros

Everyone can easily clock in and out, whether in the office or remote. They can easily put in PTO, and see how much they have left. As management, the reports are visual and comprehensive which makes them incredibly helpful, and time-sheet approval is a breeze. The QuickBooks integration means we've been able to almost completely automate Payroll. Although this tool would definitely work for a big company, it still works great for our small, 10 person team.

Their support staff is amazing on live chat and phone, and they are quick and knowledgable (and are real humans, which I always appreciate).

Cons

Sometimes, you have to get really creative when you need a specific report. If you can't find what you're looking for though, the support team knows how and will point you in the right direction!

Lindsey H.

Easy to Use and Great Functionality

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Overall, we are very happy with TSheets.

Pros

Owning a construction business and having the majority of our employees in the field, we needed a system that is both user friendly, works remotely, and offers good ver functionality. Tsheets has been a great solution for our employees to clock in and out, as the capability to be downloaded onto their phone and therefore it goes everywhere with them. Beyond that, the GPS capability has been great when tracking drive time and any changes in job location. We also use Tsheets for the schedule. Our employees can easily access this schedule and get all the info they need. Above all, Tsheets works with Quickbooks and timecards can be directly uploaded to Quickbooks, as well as all the customers synced to track job costing. Tsheets has been a great solution for us.

Cons

The GPS tracking system is not completely fool proof. By using additional applications, the GPS can be altered to reflect employees at the job site, when indeed they are not. After talking to customer service about this, the only way to access further information is through the employees phone directly.

Raymond Y.

Love it, some technical issues to be resolved

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

The Rep has always been helpful, they help me look for information

Pros

Payroll Report works with excel
Real time update of Job Code. I don't need to send the updated timesheet to everyone.
PTO is calculated and displayed for Employees to select
Job Codes are individualized
Able to enter employee time on their behalf
Able to copy jobs from previous week.
TSheets sends out reminder.
Has a complete list of employee to track down who submitted their timesheets.
Eliminated the need to create new sets of timesheets every year.

Cons

I want to be able to view all the employees and what job code are available.
I want to force users to enter PTO in blocks of 1 hour, not 30 minutes or 15 Minutes.
Job Codes disappear from timesheets if there is 0 hours for that week. I want them to stay on the sheet even if there is 0 hours so that I do not have to retrain my timesheet entry habits.
Employee cannot submit their timesheet if they forget to clock-in or clock out on their phone, I want admin rights to remove that option when inviting employees to use TSheets.
Holiday hours are difficult to assign in multi-user mode. i would like to see who will be affected if I enter the Holiday hours.
Would like to be able to sync with Excel (Like Smartsheet Live Data Connector)

Josh W.

TSheets support sets them apart.

Reviewed on 2016/08/17
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

There is a lot to love about Tsheets! 1) The product contains a lot of useful features. All major needs are covered. 2) Tsheets takes customer feedback seriously and continuously works to add improvements to the software based on this feedback. Several huge updates specific to my feedback have been added since I have been a customer. 3) And most importantly the support staff at Tsheets is AMAZING. I have had issues come up and their support staff has quickly and completely come up with a solution each and every time. Today was just the latest instance and Ben D had a solution to a fairly complicated problem for me within 2 minutes. (Literally, 2 mins)

I have to be honest, I am not one to usually take the time to write reviews, but when I receive really good support from a product/service/software it really means a lot to me because as a small business I don't have the time or resources to be down and waiting indefinitely for solutions. To me, there are a lot of software companies out there they provide similar products. The difference is in the support. Tsheets has never let me down so far and to me that's huge.

Cons

So far, so good. I just passed the 1 year mark of being a customer with Tsheets and the product and support are solid.

Baron D.

Our rep with customer service is awesome!!

Reviewed on 2019/03/01
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I haven't used scheduling yet, but the ability to track details of projects allows me to reflect on my past work to help create more accurate quotes for future jobs.

Pros

Its easy to manage time tracking with the android app. Recent inputs are saved so you don't have to repeat all the required fields every time. I can even edit time sheets if I missed a clock in/out. The UI flow is simple and makes sense. Once I got the import/export setup with Quickbooks, making invoices to clients is easy.
I often handle accounting work after hours so it's been hard for me to call support to help me get the Quickbooks integration set up. I have found the TSheets support team does an amazing job with responding through emails, and when I finally took a morning to call in, they automatic system already knew who I was by my phone number on the account and I was quickly connected to our rep. She spent a good amount of time with me going through all of my questions and scenarios. She was fun to work with, and put a lot of effort into getting me setup with the integration of Quickbooks. It was refreshing to have an experience where the support team isn't just trying to get to the next person on hold as quickly as possible. These are the type of people we all wish we could get help from when we really need it!

Cons

Some of the labels of fields between Quickbooks and TSheets don't match so that can be confusing at first.

Fantastic Paperless Payroll System

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

TSheets is a really great payroll system that's paperless, easy to learn, and has great functionality. Despite rare glitches, I give a solid 10 due to it's clean interface and different features. Both the web app and mobile app allow my team to seamlessly track our own hours, while managers can make corrections on their end of necessary. It makes it easy to track breaks, PTO, sick leave, etc. The GPS feature is valuable for management to ensure time isn't being stolen - I highly recommend!

Pros

I've used other payroll software in the past and TSheets is my favorite in terms of usability and convenience. The mobile app allows me to easily clock in and out without needing to be at my desk, which is great for working events or on work from home days. It also can track location to ensure employees are where they say they are, which is a nice feature for management. The interface is clean, and employees are easily able to submit PTO and see PTO history and watch it accrue daily. Managers are able to edit time sheets as needed for mistakes, which is helpful. Also, it's paperless so it works great for what our company is trying to achieve in terms of reducing our footprint.

Cons

There's very little I dislike with TSheets. Occasionally the clock won't update correctly when I'm on break, but it usually corrects itself in a matter of minutes.