TribeHR Reviews

Sonia O.

I want to change

Reviewed on 2017/09/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I don't recommend TribeHR, unless it would change.

Pros

The security most be good, it's better TribeHR use worksheet. I don't really have good opinion on TribeHR.

Cons

It's not customizing, it has often bugs, the customer service is bag. I asked to add some features and they told me, we put your request on our request list and it may be improve next update. But it had no update since 5 years!

Erin T.

Basic and inexpensive

Reviewed on 2018/08/01
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It is a very inexpensive and basic program. It's a step up from email resume collection, but that's about it. It is ok for the short term and if the company is very small, but a larger or growing company would be better off going with a software that offers more features.

Pros

Before switching to TribeHR, applicants had been applying to job postings through email, so TribeHR was a step up from that as candidates could be sorted into the position they are applying for.

Cons

No useful tools such as resume parsing, keyword search, filtering, ability to have candidates answer some basic prescreening questions during the application process. It can be very tedious having to wade through all of the resumes looking for something specific (i.e. a candidate who is local to the job location). What is also difficult is sharing resumes with hiring managers as the hiring manager would need to have an TribeHR account in order to view them. Also, if you closed a job posting it would be more difficult to share past applicants with hiring managers as you could not send them as a group, only one at a time.

2.0/10
Rebecca G.

Best all-in-one HR tool I've used!

Reviewed on 2011/04/23

TribeHR has done a great job of incorporating what HR, managers and employees need to do their jobs effectively. It is quick, smart and simple. It has everything you need as a manager without having to ask HR for help in getting the info. It really puts the information in the employee's and manager's hands eliminating administrative support often required by HR. It is also easy to navigate making for a great user experience.

TribeHR has a boat-load of capabilities and features that are rarely found in one system. It is the first system that I've seen that attempts to incorporate every aspect of Human Resources it can. Doesn't have a feature you're looking for? The TribeHR support team is fabulous for responding to anything from quick bug fixes and little modifications to larger releases and features.

Pros

One System, lots of tools and features. Great support team. Still incorporating customer feedback and feature requests. Easy to use making the launch and training a cinch!

Cons

A few bugs here and there but the support team is always great in responding. Some features are still being developed so they may lack the structure or capabilities you are used to seeing from larger exclusive tools.

David Y.

As a User of Tribe, it's simple but not very useful - that may be how my company implemented it

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2017/07/14

Everything is stored electronically. I can access HR resources from anywhere.

Pros

It's a simple portal I can sign on and review my PTO balance or other benefits.
My work uses it for electronic annual reviews so it's nice to have a history of them year after year immediately accessible.

Cons

The Resources thing is kind of a joke. It's basically setup as a network drive on a portal... maybe that's simply what our admin did though ;(

Employee reviews are confusing. It's broken down into multiple categories by Tribe somehow so there are parts we have to know to skip (because we don't use them, etc). I'd rather they just go back to paper and the scan them and upload pdfs.

6.0/10
Elan Z.

Great customizable HR product for small businesses

Reviewed on 2014/08/22
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The product provided us with a great portal to manage all of our company's events, as well as an easy-to-use interface (very important) to manage our hiring process. It was really easy to integrate on our company website. We really enjoyed the design and employee profiles as well.

The TribeHR Account Managers were very helpful and offered to train us on the product's features. It was rather self-explanatory, so there was no need, but we appreciated it anyway!

Cons

The Goal Review process wasn't fully functional at the time and did not meet all our needs. There were some kinks with the hiring feature as well.

Greg I.

Slow, not well thought out.

Reviewed on 2016/01/22
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Lots of interesting features but unfortunately poorly deployed. As an example you have the ability to track and manage the vacation schedule for your team, but are unable to access a view that shows you the vacation schedule for anyone outside of your team. Not very useful if you work in a company where vacations in sister departments affect your workflow in any way. Good thing that never happens.

Cons

I love the way the system will log you off in the background, and only notify you once you hit the 'save' button, this process will in turn lock you out of the form you just spent the last hr commenting in. This way not only do you not have your data saved, but the process also ensures that you will not be able to copy and paste to any other application in case you might want to save all of that time you just spent.

3.0/10
Shivani K.

TribeHR is not the business!

Reviewed on 2016/10/06

When I started at my position at Taulia, our company was already using TribeHR and I never really understood why we chose TribeHR to work with in the first place. For the amount we were paying we were definitely not getting the value we could out of the product. We used it for Time off, performance reviews, and kudos. The system looks very intuitive - with large green buttons and easy interface but it was not a tool to actually gain any value from.

For example none of our employees used TribeHR or logged into Tribhr unless they had to - no one ever used it to look up other employees or as a directory. Another area TribeHR fell short is the reporting - they had some report templates, but this was not enough to export the information you needed. Time off requests would export the days they were requested rather than the days that they are actually taken off, so it became double the work to sort through and modify the file before inputting time off requests for payroll. This was a huge waste of time.

Performance review process through TribeHR was very clunky and not scalable.

The only positive that we miss from TribeHR is the kudos feature. All of our employees actually loved this feature alot and used it very regularly. This is something we have not found in other HRIS tools that we have researched.

We ultimately switched HRIS systems from Tribehr because we were "Too big" for Tribehr. Anything over 100 employees was too high for TribeHR.

Brandon S.

A Fairly Good Product

Reviewed on 2015/04/11

A Fairly Good Product

Pros

Time tracking, resources, PTO booking and nice little things like sending accolades ("Kudos") to co-workers is really easy and centralized.

Cons

Our company doesn't take advantage of everything the product has to offer, so I don't know how well I can speak to this, but goal tracking for individuals and teams doesn't seem very robust.

Tim C.

Rating only

Reviewed on 2015/09/06
Jay E.

Great product for recruiting and maintaining birthdays and hire dates.

Reviewed on 2015/02/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It's a great company and with great support.

Cons

There's not much else that the software can do. There are lots of useless features to us.

Matthew T.

Middle of the road program. Lots of features that are fine, nothing to blow you away.

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

All the features are acceptable here. Reviews, time off requests, company resources. Some features like goals and kudos could use more work though.

7.0/10
Viktors R.

Great tool for new hires

Reviewed on 2012/01/27

As an employee, I love this tool, because it allows me to see org chart easily, allows me to plan vacation days, and check when my colleagues are going on vacation.