Alchemer Reviews

Alchemer

Give every customer a voice. Make every voice matter.

Sharry
Sharry
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Survey Gizmo Guys are the Best!

Reviewed on 2014/10/07

I've been working with Survey Gizmo for about two months. In my experience, it takes less than a minute to get one of them online. They are always - I mean, always! - upbeat, helpful and on-the-ball. They are really patient, helping you to learn to think like the software so you can manage it better for yourself, instead of treating you like an idiot and doing everything for you - unless you want that. They make learning fun. And their software is incredibly logical and easy to use.

Pros

• they answer your call in under one minute
• they are upbeat, helpful, and on-the-ball - all of them!
• a new one can easily pick up where the last one left off with you
• their software is very logical and they know how to teach you to use it

Cons

• I haven't found any!

Trent
  • Used for 1-5 months

SurveyGizmo Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

This program has been helpful and we use it off and on based on the types of surveys we need to conduct through out the year.

Pros

This platform has some features that need that other platforms do not like Survey Monkey.

Cons

The ease of use is not as great as I would expect or like it to be.

Kathryn
Kathryn
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Used to be so much better

Reviewed on 2019/01/07

We use SurveyGizmo for a variety of reasons including, student outcomes, understanding UX or building out new product needs, and Employee feedback.

Pros

I like that they are easier to use and more modern looking than a lot of survey products. They do have an easy-to-use platform and the search function is great. The Google Sheets API is wonderful. I love that you can flow data into sheets automatically. They are a good tool for someone who has tech background and can navigate APIs, coding, or calculating. I also had an excellent time at their training a few years back.

Cons

They removed the ability to chat as a support channel. It's awful now to have to ask questions. You have to call or email and email can take days to get a response. Additionally, they have started charging a LOT for their product and significantly reduced the number of licenses you get at base-level. The filter features look like you can add in several filter criteria (i.e, show me people who responded that are 20,21, 22 years old) as comma delineated but then the search results come up empty.

Brittany
Brittany
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Usually Does What I Need & Customer Service Is Great

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

This takes care of my form and survey needs so easily. There a lot of logic rules and generated actions you can create in your forms too. You have to see how easy it is.

Pros

I haven't run into many things I can't do with SurveyGizmo that I need from my forms. There are a lot of question types, and you can make custom ones. The reports are great because most of the people I send the reports to need visuals, and SurveyGizmo does that so it's easier to understand the data. Of course it's up to you to provide insights about what that data means, but you have a great tool for gathering and reviewing the data in SurveyGizmo. Also, customer service is a team of rockstars. Very fun to troubleshoot with.

Cons

If you update a style template/sheet, your current forms using that style are NOT automatically updated. Since my organization has hundreds of forms and surveys, this is problematic. If you are in the situation where you want to redesign your forms, definitely use the styles, but be prepared to go into all of your forms/surveys and reapply the style to it, and remember to save afterward. It's annoying but not the worst, and it shouldn't happen often if you work closely with your brand leaders to make sure the design will be solid for a while.

Shawn
Shawn

I use it for quality reports, customers surveys and training

Reviewed on 2017/12/06

Pros

If you want to collect data and have control over it this is a great product. I use it to survey customers and trades. I also use it for tracking quality by making up several quality surveys. The data from them has been incredible and easy to collect. Also found out that I can use it for training and add questions and get test results, pass or fail.

Cons

The product used to be pretty affordable. Next year the prices are going up quite a bit but we still think it is worth it for the data we get from it.

Aaron
Aaron

Intuitive Survey Software with Great People Supporting It

Reviewed on 2014/09/06

Before choosing SurveyGizmo I had trials with 2 other competitors (from what I've gathered, larger industry players). With both I went as far as to create an actual survey and test--I spent real time with them. I wasn't as satisfied as I suspected I would be, so I then gave SurveyGizmo a try. Far more intuitive interface, simpler to learn, better functioning logic, cleaner design and a boatload of included features. When I had 1 hiccup early on and had to contact tech support--before I was a paying subscriber--the person took pains to solve my problem, test the solution AND call me back.

Pros

See the review, but they have a really nice survey-to-email functionality that works well for my team. Nice mobile interface.

Cons

Nothing yet.

Peter
Peter

Great For Surveys

Reviewed on 2021/10/08

Pros

Alchemer is very useful for any business that's looking to do marketing. You can give surveys to your customers and the results help you better serve their needs. This software is easy-to-use and gives you a quick way to create, manage, and analyze the results of a poll as well.

Cons

I wish there was a cheaper entry-level plan.

Amy
Amy

Pro Service and Customer Service

Reviewed on 2014/06/27

Survey Gizmo has been our vendor for three years. We started by using the survey functionality and progressed to creating quizzes and online practice tests. Customer service is extremely helpful and responds quickly. The Pro Service group has provided great service in helping develop new products. We have been very happy with the service provided to our company.

Pros

Fast response time. Easy to contact. Great knowledge of the product and capabilities. Easy to use website. Constantly improving product. Communicates well with customers especially when issues arise.

Cons

Recently updated product which resulted with some bugs in the system. This has been resolved.

Brian
Brian
  • Industry: Hospitality

Simple and easy software

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Pros

Easy to use, simple design, good features such as follow up emails and reporting options.

Cons

It's customizable but always feels lightly blocky even when carefully designed.

Arpine
Arpine
  • Used for Free Trial

Impressively good software for handling complex questions

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

It is a well thought and elaborated software. However, the working windows are quite small, would love to have more space when working on a new questionnaire.

Pros

I have tested many survey softwares, and never seen any of them suggesting question with semantic differential. Another big plus is the possibility to have multiple text fields for one question. It feels very natural to have that, but very few softwares have this particular feature. I liked also the ranking grid type of question that SG offers.

Cons

Although there is an option to put bulk answers at once, the editing should be done one by one. I could not find also the randomization option neither for the question options, nor for blocks/pages.

I cannot recommend due to a poor CS experience.

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

I cannot in good conscience recommend this product. Yes it is cheaper than Qualtrics and nearly as capable... but our CS experience was lousy when the product broke. We were put on the backburner as our contract was not as lucrative for them.

Pros

They are HIPAA compliant. They have skip logic and you can collect a lot of responses. The layout it clean, but not as clean as survey monkey. You do have the option to preview what it would look like on multiple devices.

Cons

So I spent about 6 months working with them to figure out why our survey responses were not piping from SG to our Google Spreadsheets that they had advertised it could do, and was the primary reason for us rewarding them with our business. We spent 6 months back and forth and rarely could get the dev team interested in fixing the issue. It was never resolved and thus made the real time data collection and analytics advertisement frustrated. It was challenging to the point of needing to get the CEO of our company involved to get them to take action. Again, the issue was never resolved so we resorted to using Google Forms instead.

Obada

Using the simplest and most affordable methods to design and conduct surveys

Reviewed on 2022/01/20

Alchemer has helped us as an engineering consultancy firm by collecting a lot of data from specialists, and also by completing customer satisfaction surveys. It was easy to send out questionnaires and collect results.

Pros

Alchemer provides people, researchers, and institutions with integrated services that enable them create polls, send them out to target audiences, collect replies, and prepare results for study. Alchemer that automates all survey processes precisely and efficiently. Many of the features that I appreciate about Alchemer include: ease of use, pre-made templates, and the ability to produce surveys in minutes. Then he can send it to the target groups, collect replies, and extract the results to start the analytic processes. Alchemer's output is compatible with various statistical tools, making statistical work easier and less time consuming. Also, the subscription is simple and reasonable, and you can cancel and re-subscribe as needed.

Cons

There is nothing undesirable with Alchemer, all the tools you need will be clear to you, all you have to do is enter the survey questions, and Alchemer will then complete the rest of the work and prepare the data to start the analysis processes.

Katherine
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Nice stadistics and explanation graphics.

Reviewed on 2018/02/17

SurveyGizmo is a very well done software, which provides excellent long-term benefits, such as raising a company, and improving the quality of each service. Empresarilamente SurveyGizmo has benefited me a lot, since I have been able to completely change the prices of my services and each of the characteristics in my work, for a good of the client.

Pros

SurveyGizmo is very different from the other survey platforms, since this software has very good statistics of results at the end of each survey, this is the factor that complements it, every time a survey ends, the results are shown in graphs with its respective explanation.

Cons

I do not like the prices of SurveyGizmo, although this software is quite good and the functions it has, surpass any other platform, should not have such high prices, I would like more adapted and accessible prices .

Paula
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

It does not allow to change the design to the survey.

Reviewed on 2018/04/18

Currently it benefits the survey area in my company because with every opinion we receive from this medium, we manage to improve our infrastructure day by day, and also, we achieve constant communication with customers.

Pros

I like that SurveyGizmo has very good user support. Constantly some of my employees, have doubts, and when sending support, they can receive a response from them in a matter of minutes, it is something quite beneficial that improves long-term use.

Cons

I do not like that SurveyGizmo does not allow editing the design of a survey to your liking, in this platform the "orange" design should be for all surveys, it is annoying that they do not give the client freedom to choose the design they want.

Marielvis
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A few benefits that complements each survey very well.

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

I have benefited from the use of SurveyGizmo because I have obtained that my surveys have better opinions, much more valuable, some opinions that really manage to change each product and that satisfy the client significantly.

Pros

I like that SurveyGizmo has a user-friendly interface, an interface so beautiful that it does not bore at any time to the person who is using it, and I also like the design of each survey, it supplements the perfection of the questionnaires.

Cons

I have no complaints about the use of SurveyGizmo, the truth has been good all this time that I have been using it, it has provided me with the necessary characteristics to achieve success in each survey that is sent.

Monica

Nice describe the surveys everywhere.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Pros

SurveyGizmo has the characteristic of being able to edit a survey even when it has already been published on any website, this truth has worked enough to maintain a better statistic and maintain a much more accurate response rate, avoiding future mistakes.

Cons

I think that this is the most expensive platform in the market, it is one of the most expensive prices, and I think that they should lower prices a bit to maintain a better confidence with customers, they should offer more solid prices that actually offer The user can access a platform with very good features and excellent plans.

Carole
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Surveys are more comfortable to perform, much more feasible.

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

The use of SurveyGizmo, has become something essence in my company, since it is a software that has helped us to solve every doubt of a client by means of a form of survey quite fast.

Pros

What I like most about SurveyGizmo is its interface, it is an interface where you can surf comfortably, do a survey without boredom and an interface that can make the work of a survey, much simpler and feasible.

Cons

I do not like the price of SurveyGizmo, it is very expensive to pay each of the plans proposed by SurveyGizmo, however, beyond the prices, I have not given any other error or any interruption.

Annie
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Surveys with more diversity and more entertaining.

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

My use of SurveyGizmo has benefited me because we have managed to provide a much more pleasant survey in my company, with more diversity and integration.

Pros

I really like that SurveyGizmo is a software with many features and functions when creating a survey, it allows you to implement multiple things to give life to each survey and make it more entertaining.

Cons

I do not like the prices of SurveyGizmo, even though their functions are very good and go far beyond reality, they should lower prices so that they maintain a facility when accessing them.

Jay
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Great product but very unstable

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

Pros

Simple to use and relatively easy to administer

Cons

Support is good but their product is buggy. For example they accidentally shut down our accounts for 45 minutes in the middle of the work day which impacted all users. They also are constantly changing the product which often leads to bugs in the product or worse data loss.

Tim
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Not Great if you use Mailchimp or Salesforce

Reviewed on 2015/01/29

It was recommended to me that I try this APP over survey monkey since we use Salesforce and Mailchimp. To really use the features we need is not cheap but I'm willing to pay for a superior product. Unfortunately, they no longer integrate with Mailchimp because of changes they made and the customer service representative had no idea when they will be able to integrate again. I also accidentally typed in my Salesforce username wrong when setting up the plugin and that username became stuck so I couldn't correct it no matter how many times I tried to save it. The customer service representative couldn't help me on either of these accounts and her best advice was to read things online. Sorry. Not happy. Going to go with another survey service.

Pros

It seems like creating the surveys is easy enough but their integration if you're trying to use things like Salesforce and Mailchimp doesn't seem to be set up smoothly.

Cons

Customer Service representative didn't really seem to have any answers.

Response from Alchemer

We are truly sorry that you did not have a good experience with us and want to thank you for letting us know. We have made some recent changes and it sounds like we need to better train our staff on them. While we no longer have a Mailchimp plugin, it is still possible to integrate with them. We also have plans to make our SalesForce integration smoother. We regret that we have caused you much headache and frustration. Our Support Manager will be contacting you to make things right!
Sincerely - SurveyGizmo

Ashley
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

General opinions with Survey Platform

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

It is practical and very useful. I have had multiple benefits in terms of its operation, I have saved time and I still get many satisfactory results from the software.

Pros

It's very original and very well designed I love all its procedure and results when doing any work. It is ideal for scheduled polls and I have seen fantastic results.

Cons

I really like the software but if you add more designs it would be excellent because it is also about innovating the quality of what you want to offer

Susan
  • Industry: Government Administration

Excellent program for those I’m Public Health

Reviewed on 2023/01/08

Very positive. Very productive and highly user friendly.

Very positive. Very productive and highly user friendly.

Pros

It’s ease of use makes my life so much easier and accessible.

Cons

No real complaints mostly just a little more clarification when people post survey tools to share about permissions and accessibility, etc

Adi
  • Industry: Research

Great survey software - for pros and beginners

Reviewed on 2017/02/22

I've been using the software for the past year via a "legacy pro account".
The software is...

I've been using the software for the past year via a "legacy pro account".
The software is extremely intuitive and easy to use. A lot of features and available question types. Surveys can be easily customized using CSS. Surveys are also mobile responsive. Large community, quickly handling Q&A. The product keeps developing and new features keep popping up, like R integration into reports, Conjoint analysis and more. Being a research professional, I find the software extremely handy and useful, at a very affordable price. Much better than other popular competitors I experienced.

Pros

Lots of features, Customizable, Great support.

Cons

Subscription price is starting to increase.

Omondi
Omondi

Good for creating surveys

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Offers a free trial with full features present in the purchased version for 30 days

Pros

Allows the users to bulk-edit the survey, and while they can also create customized surveys for the targeted respondents. The researcher can also create question-based display logic.

Cons

The software sometimes freezes and stops working when creating and sending surveys.

Julie
  • Industry: Higher Education

An academic uses Alchemer

Reviewed on 2022/04/14

I am a non-business user of Alchemer. For my uses, I find Alchemer reasonably intuitive, with the exception of more sophisticated features (such as question branching and skip logic). Explanations of the more advanced features are explained well, however.

Pros

Ease of use. Much more intuitive and reasonably priced than the behemoth that is Qualtrics. I am an academic user who pays out of pocket to use this so those factors matter a lot.

Cons

I casn't think of any disadvantages of this software, given how I use it.