SurveyGizmo Reviews

SurveyGizmo

Make Smarter Decisions with the Word's Best Survey Platform

4.5/5 (259 reviews)

I cannot recommend due to a poor CS experience.

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

I cannot in good conscience recommend this product. Yes it is cheaper than Qualtrics and nearly as capable... but our CS experience was lousy when the product broke. We were put on the backburner as our contract was not as lucrative for them.

Pros

They are HIPAA compliant. They have skip logic and you can collect a lot of responses. The layout it clean, but not as clean as survey monkey. You do have the option to preview what it would look like on multiple devices.

Cons

So I spent about 6 months working with them to figure out why our survey responses were not piping from SG to our Google Spreadsheets that they had advertised it could do, and was the primary reason for us rewarding them with our business. We spent 6 months back and forth and rarely could get the dev team interested in fixing the issue. It was never resolved and thus made the real time data collection and analytics advertisement frustrated. It was challenging to the point of needing to get the CEO of our company involved to get them to take action. Again, the issue was never resolved so we resorted to using Google Forms instead.

5.0/10
Emily S.

Powerful survey tool

Reviewed on 2019/02/26

Overall, we like the tool and it helps streamline our data intake process. We are able to provide online training and post-training quiz and eval, then send out certificate accordingly via Surveygizmo. Features like that are important to us. Wish they would not keep increasing your price though and turn some of the features you'd been using for years into a different price tier.

Pros

We have been a client since 2013 and definitely watched SurveyGizmo grew significantly. New features are coming out from time to time and it is getting more and more powerful. It can be a great tool for all levels of users. There are simple easy to use features but there's also room available for advanced users to do custom scripts writing, etc to bring in more robotic and automatic survey flow. It also integrates really well with Salesforce and Google Sheets, etc.

Cons

Pricing! All these years we've been with SurveyGizmo we've gone through a huge price hike. They have different tiers of pricing/user licenses. As I said, they come up with new features from time to time, but watch out, those can cost more.

Dustin D.

Fantastic Survey Tool

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

For many years we have been very happy with this product and the features it has. Unfortunately they are increasing the price to a point where we may have to switch. If it fits into your budget I would definitely recommend. 10/10.

Pros

SurveyGizmo is my organization's main survey tool. We use it for our board of directors election, conference and webinar evaluations as well as consent forms for studies. The full suite of question types along with logic and piping make product a clear standout in the industry. I haven't seen any company that comes close to offering the options and capabilities that this tool does.

Cons

Price - the price is rapidly increasing. Albeit they are continuing to offer new functionality along with that price.

Customer Support - Although the customer support is very GOOD it is not quite what it used to be. As the company has expanded they have become more restrictive on the level and type of support they offer. 5 years ago we could call and instantly get help from very knowledgeable techs. Now you have to go through more steps and they try to do their support over chat as much as possible.

Brittany H.

Usually Does What I Need & Customer Service Is Great

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/03/07

This takes care of my form and survey needs so easily. There a lot of logic rules and generated actions you can create in your forms too. You have to see how easy it is.

Pros

I haven't run into many things I can't do with SurveyGizmo that I need from my forms. There are a lot of question types, and you can make custom ones. The reports are great because most of the people I send the reports to need visuals, and SurveyGizmo does that so it's easier to understand the data. Of course it's up to you to provide insights about what that data means, but you have a great tool for gathering and reviewing the data in SurveyGizmo. Also, customer service is a team of rockstars. Very fun to troubleshoot with.

Cons

If you update a style template/sheet, your current forms using that style are NOT automatically updated. Since my organization has hundreds of forms and surveys, this is problematic. If you are in the situation where you want to redesign your forms, definitely use the styles, but be prepared to go into all of your forms/surveys and reapply the style to it, and remember to save afterward. It's annoying but not the worst, and it shouldn't happen often if you work closely with your brand leaders to make sure the design will be solid for a while.

Katherine F.

Nice stadistics and explanation graphics.

Reviewed on 2018/02/17
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

SurveyGizmo is a very well done software, which provides excellent long-term benefits, such as raising a company, and improving the quality of each service. Empresarilamente SurveyGizmo has benefited me a lot, since I have been able to completely change the prices of my services and each of the characteristics in my work, for a good of the client.

Pros

SurveyGizmo is very different from the other survey platforms, since this software has very good statistics of results at the end of each survey, this is the factor that complements it, every time a survey ends, the results are shown in graphs with its respective explanation.

Cons

I do not like the prices of SurveyGizmo, although this software is quite good and the functions it has, surpass any other platform, should not have such high prices, I would like more adapted and accessible prices .

Shawn H.

I use it for quality reports, customers surveys and training

Reviewed on 2017/12/06

Pros

If you want to collect data and have control over it this is a great product. I use it to survey customers and trades. I also use it for tracking quality by making up several quality surveys. The data from them has been incredible and easy to collect. Also found out that I can use it for training and add questions and get test results, pass or fail.

Cons

The product used to be pretty affordable. Next year the prices are going up quite a bit but we still think it is worth it for the data we get from it.

Paula R.

It does not allow to change the design to the survey.

Reviewed on 2018/04/18
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Currently it benefits the survey area in my company because with every opinion we receive from this medium, we manage to improve our infrastructure day by day, and also, we achieve constant communication with customers.

Pros

I like that SurveyGizmo has very good user support. Constantly some of my employees, have doubts, and when sending support, they can receive a response from them in a matter of minutes, it is something quite beneficial that improves long-term use.

Cons

I do not like that SurveyGizmo does not allow editing the design of a survey to your liking, in this platform the "orange" design should be for all surveys, it is annoying that they do not give the client freedom to choose the design they want.

Jason W.

Excellent software! Very user friendly. Solved all our problems!

Reviewed on 2018/04/16

Real time feedback and ease of organization of feedback/Lead reporting

Pros

We have a large sales force and this program made obtaining results in real time extremely easy and user friendly. Fields were also customizable so achieving the results we required was effortless. Interface was easy to navigate!

Cons

I really have not encountered any negatives with this program at all? it's done everything we have asked it to do. Perhaps the only area of possible improvement would be enhanced reporting of the numbers.

Greedy and unconscionable. Totally inflexible in servicing customers. Love to take the money.

Reviewed on 2018/07/06

Was able learn about some of the functions of a survey provider and how they can be used to create quizzes and surveys in creative ways.

Pros

Some of their features at the time were only supported by them. This is changing very quickly. There are several other terrific providers in the marketplace who now support the features that were only available with SG.

Cons

I had to pay them dollar's over the last 5+ years to host 2 surveys with extremely light traffic just as a storage because they were not forthcoming about their downgrade and storage policies. The features I needed - advanced quizzes and calculations - were only available on their platform. I asked them several times my options for downgrading to a lower plan because I was not using the platform but I did not want to loose my data and the work I had done. Their answers were extremely vague knowing full well that they were getting a free ride on the $/month I was paying just for storing a few MB of data. In the meantime, they changed the pricing plans so that the original plan would now cost me $/month. My old plan went on a "legacy plan" where I could not use many of the features like questions libraries. I have now switched to a provider who supports everything that SG does, does it 10 times better than them - both style and function - and does it at half the price.

0.0/10
Luisana A.

Entertainment and comfort, that's what SurveyGizmo represents.

Reviewed on 2018/03/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have benefited a lot from the use of SurveyGizmo, previously I had many problems because I was totally bored doing a survey, but since I implemented this software in my company, now doing a survey is much simpler and more entertaining.

Pros

What I like most about SurveyGizmo is the interface, I've never really felt so comfortable doing a questionnaire, this platform has provided me with excellent comfort and attention so I can continue to conduct surveys on it.

Cons

I do not like the prices of SurveGizmo, this factor does not really affect so much, and it's not that interesting, but I would like the rates stipulated in the SurveyGizmo plans to be more accessible to a public with low prices.

Marielvis G.

A few benefits that complements each survey very well.

Reviewed on 2018/04/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have benefited from the use of SurveyGizmo because I have obtained that my surveys have better opinions, much more valuable, some opinions that really manage to change each product and that satisfy the client significantly.

Pros

I like that SurveyGizmo has a user-friendly interface, an interface so beautiful that it does not bore at any time to the person who is using it, and I also like the design of each survey, it supplements the perfection of the questionnaires.

Cons

I have no complaints about the use of SurveyGizmo, the truth has been good all this time that I have been using it, it has provided me with the necessary characteristics to achieve success in each survey that is sent.

Angelica B.

It has a very good structure to make an excellent edition of surveys.

Reviewed on 2018/03/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have certainly benefited from its use, since I have been able to establish very good quality answers and in this way improve the image my company has, and provide surveys that are increasingly beneficial for the clients that carry it out.

Pros

What I like most about SurveyGizmo is that it allows a wide variety of options and configurations, in terms of editing a survey. The tool offers a multiplicity of possibilities to fix and fulfill a survey.

Cons

I do not like that SurveyGizmo has too much complexity to become familiar with the constructor of conditional expressions for the formulation of questions, in this way, it is very complex to understand each of the functions in this platform.

Quite good, just a bit pedestrian sometimes

Reviewed on 2019/07/04

Pros

Has a lot of nice features and looks pretty good on mobile

Cons

Can't check survey results on mobile
Survey design takes a little longer than it should
Translations are a pain to do

Carole K.

Surveys are more comfortable to perform, much more feasible.

Reviewed on 2018/03/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The use of SurveyGizmo, has become something essence in my company, since it is a software that has helped us to solve every doubt of a client by means of a form of survey quite fast.

Pros

What I like most about SurveyGizmo is its interface, it is an interface where you can surf comfortably, do a survey without boredom and an interface that can make the work of a survey, much simpler and feasible.

Cons

I do not like the price of SurveyGizmo, it is very expensive to pay each of the plans proposed by SurveyGizmo, however, beyond the prices, I have not given any other error or any interruption.

Aimee F.

We use this for surveying attendee experience in training sessions, manager 360 reviews and more.

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/05/12

Tons of benefits - being able to create and store surveys, assessments, manager 36o reviews, etc. And the analytics it performs is an amazing benefit and time saver! Great product!

Pros

It's versatile - we use is for so much: manager 360s, training session feedback, polling employees on possible changes, assessing competencies, customer experience, assessing interview candidates, and more. I love the analytics it performs which is extremely time saving--I can print it off and walk into a meeting the next minute. It's also extremely user friendly and forgiving. The 'testing' phase is also helpful because you can simulate the experience of the person who will take the assessment/survey/etc. and make adaptations or changes from your learnings.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of much on the negative side. I have only used the 'free' version since we are a non-profit, and I don't expect they could offer us more without having to pay for it. I do think the limitation of only being able to have 15 (or something like that) stored surveys at a time is challenging, but I understand their reasoning.

Angelica S.

Excellent fluency in the surveys and with very good platform functions.

Reviewed on 2018/03/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Its use has benefited me a lot in my work area, since I have been able to create surveys with better quality for clients and with better fluency.

Pros

What I like about SurveyGizmo is the platform as such and the ease with which you can create a survey, the platform is very well organized and you do not have to read instructions to understand the functions of this software.

Cons

I do not like that SurveyGizmo has such high prices, it is the only negative factor that I see, since in the other factors, it has completely fulfilled the required expectations.

Patrick H.

5 stars all the way!

Reviewed on 2015/01/05

I really like using SurveyGizmo, it just seems so easy to use, to get around. I like everything about it - the colours, the styles, the icons and graphics, it's so easy to copy an old survey, extract what you need from it for the new one and discard the rest. All of it just seems so intuitive, whether it's adding logic to questions or creating reports from the completed responses, it's neat!
Whenever I get stuck , thinking, is there a way to do this thing that would make it pretty cool for the public, then I have a look through the help pages where there's lots of examples and the answers usually already there, like they've already pre-empted my needs!
The help is right there on the page where you are and once you've searched through it you're straight back into the survey again, which means that it's easy to pick up again from where you left off.
I like the way the support runs too. They never give me the feeling that they'd rather be doing something else, I always feel as if they have time to spend pinging emails back and forth and having a bit of chat along the way, like real people (where did they find them! lol!)
I've contacted the support probably 4 or 5 times when I've been really stuck and they've always provided me with the answer and even a wee bit more, like an easier way, or provided a couple of different options.
This is one of those sites where you can see that technology IS smart and really can be used to work for you.
If you asked me to sum all this up in a sentence, I'd have to say that, When I'm using SurveyGizmo it gives me the feeling that I'm going with the flow.

Annie F.

Surveys with more diversity and more entertaining.

Reviewed on 2018/03/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

My use of SurveyGizmo has benefited me because we have managed to provide a much more pleasant survey in my company, with more diversity and integration.

Pros

I really like that SurveyGizmo is a software with many features and functions when creating a survey, it allows you to implement multiple things to give life to each survey and make it more entertaining.

Cons

I do not like the prices of SurveyGizmo, even though their functions are very good and go far beyond reality, they should lower prices so that they maintain a facility when accessing them.

Chense P.

The prices should go down immediately and make them adapted.

Reviewed on 2018/03/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have benefited from its use in my work area because I have managed to obtain a more graphic response or opinion, an opinion that increases utility and greatly improves efficiency.

Pros

I really like the easy adaptation that SurveyGizmo has, and also how generous it is to allow access from any device and offer the ability to create a survey using a mobile phone.

Cons

I do not like the prices of SurveyGizmo, since they surpass the price and I see it as a high risk factor, it is a very expensive tool and it does not have so many innovative functions.

Li Y.

Changes in support structure lead to abysmal customer support levels. Stay away!

Reviewed on 2017/05/05

Pros

The survey interface is fairly intuitive and they offer a very wide selection of features (which we don't use, but I respect that they exist).

Cons

In the last six months we have received appallingly poor service. Their support staff seem to be allergic to the notion of providing timelines for when we can expect to hear back from them (I'm not even talking about timelines on fixing things; just when I can expect to hear back). They have tried to quadruple our prices with less than 2 months of notice, wherein we do not receive any additional features or benefits that we want to use (and when we asked for a more reasonable feature package in line with our pricing, we were told that we 'no longer fit their infrastructure'). They have done product roll outs that have turned out to be disastrous (in one case, causing an outage which I had to hear about from my clients rather than from them. And when we finally got them on the phone, they informed us that the reason they can't QA everything is because they do product updates 5 times a day (yes; 5 times A DAY, suggesting their platform is miles from stable).

0.0/10
Kathryn C.

Used to be so much better

Reviewed on 2019/01/07

We use SurveyGizmo for a variety of reasons including, student outcomes, understanding UX or building out new product needs, and Employee feedback.

Pros

I like that they are easier to use and more modern looking than a lot of survey products. They do have an easy-to-use platform and the search function is great. The Google Sheets API is wonderful. I love that you can flow data into sheets automatically. They are a good tool for someone who has tech background and can navigate APIs, coding, or calculating. I also had an excellent time at their training a few years back.

Cons

They removed the ability to chat as a support channel. It's awful now to have to ask questions. You have to call or email and email can take days to get a response. Additionally, they have started charging a LOT for their product and significantly reduced the number of licenses you get at base-level. The filter features look like you can add in several filter criteria (i.e, show me people who responded that are 20,21, 22 years old) as comma delineated but then the search results come up empty.

5.0/10
Garrett G.

Powerful but Limited too

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

SurveyGizmo is a tool that gets the job done and then some. The surveys aren't pretty, but you can't beat the functionality that's offered here.

Pros

SurveyGizmo feels like an enterprise product. It has a TON of features, most of which I'm probably not even aware of and will never use, but it's nice to know that they are there. Need to create some kind of weird survey that functions just so? SurveyGizmo can probably do what you need. Pretty much any feature you could ask for is included in this platform.

Cons

I can't help but feel that SurveyGizmo locks down the appearance of my surveys too much. I haven't been able to figure out how to make any surveys look different from all the others beyond changing the logo, colours, and imagery. More so than other survey tools that I've used. I also find the process to do things like pipe values into the survey via a URL variable are somewhat more complicated and require reading support documentation vs. other survey tools that are more intuitive.

Vigney T.

Speed ​​and efficiency in SurveyGizmo, access anywhere in the world.

Reviewed on 2018/03/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The use of SurveyGizmo has greatly benefited me, since I have been able to send surveys about my company's material, from any place where I find, and receive answers instantly!

Pros

What I like most about SurveyGizmo is the mobile phone version, since it's great to be able to create surveys using a simple phone, wherever you are!

Cons

I do not like the prices that SurveyGizmo has, I think that these prices should go down a bit, it is very expensive to access high quality plans that have many benefits.

Ashley S.

General opinions with Survey Platform

Reviewed on 2018/05/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It is practical and very useful. I have had multiple benefits in terms of its operation, I have saved time and I still get many satisfactory results from the software.

Pros

It's very original and very well designed I love all its procedure and results when doing any work. It is ideal for scheduled polls and I have seen fantastic results.

Cons

I really like the software but if you add more designs it would be excellent because it is also about innovating the quality of what you want to offer

Luisana F.

Excellent composition that complements the preparation of surveys very well.

Reviewed on 2018/03/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have obtained a better response structure within my company, we have improved the opinions we receive of our services through SurveyGizmo.

Pros

The most entertaining and positive SurveyGizmo is the ease with which surveys are conducted, it is very fun to conduct surveys on this platform for how easy and comfortable it is.

Cons

I do not like SurveyGizmo's prices, since they exceed their price per month and I think that survey software should be cheaper and accessible to anyone.