Alchemer

We put feedback in the hands of those who can take action.

Dustin D.

Fantastic Survey Tool

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

For many years we have been very happy with this product and the features it has. Unfortunately they are increasing the price to a point where we may have to switch. If it fits into your budget I would definitely recommend. 10/10.

Pros

SurveyGizmo is my organization's main survey tool. We use it for our board of directors election, conference and webinar evaluations as well as consent forms for studies. The full suite of question types along with logic and piping make product a clear standout in the industry. I haven't seen any company that comes close to offering the options and capabilities that this tool does.

Cons

Price - the price is rapidly increasing. Albeit they are continuing to offer new functionality along with that price.

Customer Support - Although the customer support is very GOOD it is not quite what it used to be. As the company has expanded they have become more restrictive on the level and type of support they offer. 5 years ago we could call and instantly get help from very knowledgeable techs. Now you have to go through more steps and they try to do their support over chat as much as possible.

Susanna R.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Other for 2+ years

SurveyGizmo Review

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

We create so many surveys and put them onto Survey Gizmo over the last 6+ years. To easily download results into useful and standard formats makes research move quickly and without a hitch.

Pros

The ability to set up the surveys in SurveyGizmo is very straightforward and logical. So easy, too. You do have to plan the survey well to ensure the questions are in a good order, etc, but that is with any software tool. The results delivered in multiple formats (.pdf and downloadable .csv) give the user tools to both view early results quickly and unidimensionally, and to manipulate the data actively.

Cons

There are several steps required to ensure survey questions are correctly added, and the software knows how to treat each question. However, this set of steps is great for learning and causing one to think about the logic of the survey and potential results.

John R.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Lousy Customer Relations

Reviewed on 2020/06/12

In the end, very poor customer relations.

Pros

Ease of use, better piping functionality.

Cons

I spent several months building surveys with Survey Gizmo when I called to inquire about some coding assistance. After reviewing my surveys, I was advised by customer support as follows:

Upon reviewing your K1 project with my team here, we noticed a lot of aspects that violate our Acceptable Use Policy. Specifically, collecting certain personally identifiable information. The Acceptable Use Policy prohibits use of the SaaS to exchange federal or state identification information, passwords, social security numbers, banking, credit card, or any other financial information. Avoidance of our servers would not alleviate the prohibition to collect the information that the customer is requesting.

I had paid my $1800 annual fee just a week prior.

Since I was collecting passports information in the field of U.S. immigration, I used the next month to test whether I could transition to Qualtrics (a far superior platform, as things turned out). I then requested a pro rata refund of my annual subscription fee. I was advised that SurveyGizmo typically only gives refunds if requested within 30 days of paying the fee, but that I might nonetheless qualify for a refund because the platform was not able to deliver the services I required. After waiting over two weeks, I was advised that my request for a refund was denied.

So, SurveyGizmo = limited service + poor business ethics + indifferent customer relations.

I cannot recommend due to a poor CS experience.

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

I cannot in good conscience recommend this product. Yes it is cheaper than Qualtrics and nearly as capable... but our CS experience was lousy when the product broke. We were put on the backburner as our contract was not as lucrative for them.

Pros

They are HIPAA compliant. They have skip logic and you can collect a lot of responses. The layout it clean, but not as clean as survey monkey. You do have the option to preview what it would look like on multiple devices.

Cons

So I spent about 6 months working with them to figure out why our survey responses were not piping from SG to our Google Spreadsheets that they had advertised it could do, and was the primary reason for us rewarding them with our business. We spent 6 months back and forth and rarely could get the dev team interested in fixing the issue. It was never resolved and thus made the real time data collection and analytics advertisement frustrated. It was challenging to the point of needing to get the CEO of our company involved to get them to take action. Again, the issue was never resolved so we resorted to using Google Forms instead.

Katherine F.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Nice stadistics and explanation graphics.

Reviewed on 2018/02/17

SurveyGizmo is a very well done software, which provides excellent long-term benefits, such as raising a company, and improving the quality of each service. Empresarilamente SurveyGizmo has benefited me a lot, since I have been able to completely change the prices of my services and each of the characteristics in my work, for a good of the client.

Pros

SurveyGizmo is very different from the other survey platforms, since this software has very good statistics of results at the end of each survey, this is the factor that complements it, every time a survey ends, the results are shown in graphs with its respective explanation.

Cons

I do not like the prices of SurveyGizmo, although this software is quite good and the functions it has, surpass any other platform, should not have such high prices, I would like more adapted and accessible prices .

Kathryn C.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Used to be so much better

Reviewed on 2019/01/07

We use SurveyGizmo for a variety of reasons including, student outcomes, understanding UX or building out new product needs, and Employee feedback.

Pros

I like that they are easier to use and more modern looking than a lot of survey products. They do have an easy-to-use platform and the search function is great. The Google Sheets API is wonderful. I love that you can flow data into sheets automatically. They are a good tool for someone who has tech background and can navigate APIs, coding, or calculating. I also had an excellent time at their training a few years back.

Cons

They removed the ability to chat as a support channel. It's awful now to have to ask questions. You have to call or email and email can take days to get a response. Additionally, they have started charging a LOT for their product and significantly reduced the number of licenses you get at base-level. The filter features look like you can add in several filter criteria (i.e, show me people who responded that are 20,21, 22 years old) as comma delineated but then the search results come up empty.

• Used Other for 2+ years

SurveyGizmo Review

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Mostly positive. It seems not to be taken as seriously "credible" as Qualtrics in academia; but it doesn't have some of the problems that drive me crazy with Qualtrics either (e.g., renumbering answer options if choices are changed: reordered, deleted, added or rewritten)

Pros

Very user friendly. Has some cute features & set up that make it a bit more fun to use than alternatives

Cons

I haven't used it in a couple of years (my current company uses a different provider/platform); but it was strangely incompatible at times with Safari. For reasons no one could clearly determine, it would sometimes start writing backwards: entertaining, but not productive

Adi S.
  • Industry: Research

Great survey software - for pros and beginners

Reviewed on 2017/02/22

I've been using the software for the past year via a "legacy pro account".
The software is extremely intuitive and easy to use. A lot of features and available question types. Surveys can be easily customized using CSS. Surveys are also mobile responsive. Large community, quickly handling Q&A. The product keeps developing and new features keep popping up, like R integration into reports, Conjoint analysis and more. Being a research professional, I find the software extremely handy and useful, at a very affordable price. Much better than other popular competitors I experienced.

Pros

Lots of features, Customizable, Great support.

Cons

Subscription price is starting to increase.

Debra M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Most friendly survey software and the very best support

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

It powers our client surveys and assessments. We do hundreds of these every month.

Pros

This software is the most friendly survey software we've used and we've tried 3 of them. It is professional, yet fun. We do pretty complicated surveys and assessments and so far it has fit all of our needs. The best part though is their customer support - it is absolutely the best we've ever experienced and we depend on half a dozen online software providers. Can't say enough positive things about our experience with SurveyGizmo over the past 4 years.

Elissa S.

Excellent experience

Reviewed on 2015/02/14

Building a survey through SurveyGizmo was easy and fun. The format allowed me to get very clear about what information I was truly seeking. Simple and plentiful options to choose from, very forgiving with editing, changing answer formats, adding and deleting questions throughout the building process.
I lack the most basic computer knowledge, so I spoke with customer service several times. Each time I called I reached someone in under two minutes. The Gizmos are very friendly people! They were polite and helpful. So much so that, at one point, I was at ease enough to reveal the magnitide of my ingorance by asking, "Uh...err...uh...can you tell me... what IS a browser exactly?" I detected no laughing, no silent eye-rolling, just a calm answer as if I'd asked a quite reasonable question.
I can't think of a single negative experience. A spell check feature might be a nice addition.
I was able to schedule the launch dates and times for each part of the survey--intro, thank you and reminder. I watched its progress, added a second reminder when the responses slowed, and saw an immediate uptick in response after that. The survey results were easy to export and understand and it turned out to be a great success!
Thank you SurveyGizmo.

Katherine C.
  • Industry: Market Research

Ease of use for a survey rookie

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

We administer surveys internally to gauge how well our professional development opportunities are aligned with our employees' interests and needs. Survey Gizmo has been a helpful and easy tool to use for this purpose.

Pros

The system is fairly intuitive and easy to understand. The most survey administration experience I had before Survey Gizmo was a simple Doodle Poll, and so I was nervous about how easy Survey Gizmo would be to use. However, it took little time to get used to the platform and to learn how to format questions. The logic system is also easy to understand.

Cons

At first, I had difficulty understanding which type of question would be ideal for my desired question. However, I quickly learned the differences from trial and error.

Monique A.

Flexible and full of features

Reviewed on 2014/07/17

SurveyGizmo has been proven to be a great tool for our company and is used for a wide variety of information gathering purposes. It is very flexible and new features keep being added. I like the way it can be customized to meet our needs by allowing us to create custom themes based on our company logo and colors. We can also design surveys with a wide variety of questions that gather information precisely the way we need/want to see it. I am a big fan of pre-populating surveys, using custom tables and e-mail responders. The people we survey love the drag and drop ranking questions.

I have also used Survey Monkey and Zoomerang, but wouldn't trade SurveyGizmo for either of those survey tools. SurveyGizmo provides more variety and is constantly adding new features. I can't imagine reverting to either of them. Since SurveyGizmo has met our needs so well, I haven't felt the need to look for alternative survey tools.

The customer service is superior. Each representative that I have worked with is knowledgeable and knows the product well. They team up to answer tough questions. Everyone is friendly and the representatives I have dealt with seem to enjoy working for SurveyGizmo.

Debra M.

I'm thrilled with surveygizmo and transferring over 7 years of surveys from another service

Reviewed on 2014/06/24

I've been using online survey software since 2007 and have developed many surveys for my company. Through the years, I kept needing new functions which weren't available with my old service. So I went searching and found SurveyGizmo. As I compare my old service to this new one, the professional look and added functions are amazing. I also compared SG to other online surveys and the functions you get for the price are outstanding.

Pros: Customer support is great! Everything can be customized (so far everything I have needed can be customized and even with html and inserting variables), save and continue option, can be notified by email when someone completes the survey, friendly user interface

Cons: This is not really a con, but something to be aware of. While you can start simple and put up a survey quickly, there is a lot to learn. So if you want to get the most out of this service be sure to spend time going through every option and trying it out. You'll continue to learn things every day!

As I said in the title, I am thrilled to discover SurveyGizmo and it is going to be well worth the effort it takes to transfer over all of our surveys from the last 7 years.

Matt K.

SurveyGizmo for small business

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

SurveyGizmo has been an intricate part of our daily work as education consultants. We use SG for the collection of information from our clients and also to conduct post assessments.

Pros

Ease of creating surveys, copying surveys, preview function and shareability

Cons

n/a

B. c. U.

Flexible and Powerful Online Survey Software

Reviewed on 2014/06/23

SurveyGizmo (SG) is a flexible and powerful tool for businesses of all sizes. The software allows for all imaginable situations being fully customizable for a variety of purposes. In addition to surveys, SG can be used to create quick training materials complete with quizzes and automatic scoring. Integrations with popular SaaS products make SG even more powerful.

Above and beyond the complete list of features and functions is the excellent customer support. On par with famed customer service that one receives from online companies like Zappos, SG customer service goes above and beyond to "make things right".

SG really loves what they do and they treat their customers for life. We been with them over 4 years and would highly recommend them.

Pros

Full Feature Set
Flexible & Customizable
Excellent Customer Service
Always Improving Their Platform

Cons

Advanced Features may require some training.

Chris V.

Definitely the best survey tool available

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

I'm using the tool since 3 or 4 years after having used some other tools and having tested about 10 others before switching to Surveygizmo. The service is good, the FAQ very complete. I agree it's not the cheapest tool in the market, but it's worth the money

Pros

A lot of possibilities: question types, integration, pictures,...
The most detailed reporting in the market

Cons

It takes some time to get used to it (because of the multitude in possibilities)

Very good survey platform for the price

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

Pros

It is very easy to build a survey with logic and get up and running in little time. The reporting is very robust for a survey platform at this level. Customer support has been excellent.

Cons

Only complaint is the offline survey for mobile devices. It can be time consuming when you can only answer one question per page on a mobile device. However, this may be a limitation on a mobile device itself.

Amy B.

Pro Service and Customer Service

Reviewed on 2014/06/27

Survey Gizmo has been our vendor for three years. We started by using the survey functionality and progressed to creating quizzes and online practice tests. Customer service is extremely helpful and responds quickly. The Pro Service group has provided great service in helping develop new products. We have been very happy with the service provided to our company.

Pros

Fast response time. Easy to contact. Great knowledge of the product and capabilities. Easy to use website. Constantly improving product. Communicates well with customers especially when issues arise.

Cons

Recently updated product which resulted with some bugs in the system. This has been resolved.

Kristina S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

It's an easy survey tool

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

I can create surveys in less than 15 minutes and get them ready to go quickly and integrated.

Pros

I'm sort of new to creating long surveys but this definitely makes it easy to do and it provides a lot of support to get you going.

Cons

Maybe the excel csv export option because it gives you a lot of unnecessary fields but overall it is awesome.

Harald ronge

Great tool!

Reviewed on 2013/12/13

I could deliver a customized survey with great features almost out of the box for a big client within a day. It was up and running fast and it left lots of freedom to customize even while running, keeping the view for customers that saved and continued while filling in the survey.

Pros

Great reports out of the box, easily adaptable. Data-center in the US and the UK.
I did not use this but there seamed to be loads of sharing options and customizing for different platforms and screen-sizes.

Cons

I would not know, currently.
And no, I am in no way connected to Survey Gizmo.

Joy W.

Need More Stars for their Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2014/10/20

I have been using SurveyGizmo for quite a few years now and I'm almost always able to get the survey or form to look and work exactly the way I'd like it to. Sometimes I have a little trouble finding the feature I need or how to do something but the online help is pretty good. The customer service and support, though, is incredible. They answer my questions very quickly usually in within a couple hours at most. They show me how to fix my problem, and make sure that I understand how to do it. The built in email service is great too, I can upload a list of emails and the survey will go out. I recommend this to everyone in my office.

Bill M.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2014/06/20

SurveyGizmo's customer service is truly exceptional. I have met in person with staff and over the customer support line multiple times to get help with my survey for my small business customers. They are first-rate in terms of friendliness, getting me the answers I need and working through difficult challenges. I registered and used one of the training webinars, which was well-organized, to the point, and gave me an efficient overview of survey design and using their software. There is a wide range of options for design and reporting without being overly complicated. Love this company! I tell people everywhere I go about them.

Wonderful Company

Reviewed on 2014/06/26

SurveyGizmo was one of our top sponsors for Startup Weekend Denver. They were easy to work with and went above and beyond to support the event, both through survey services and prize packages for the top teams. The highlight of working with SurveyGizmo was the people. I was given a personal tour of the office and introduced to the majority of the staff. Everyone whom I interacted with went above and beyond to ensure I knew how to use their product and could pass this knowledge along via their sponsorship. I would highly recommend SurveyGizmo as a wonderful company and quality product.

Laurie M.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

SurveyGizmo ROCKS

Reviewed on 2014/07/30

I've been working with SurveyGizmo both professionally and for my volunteer work for the last few years. The software is easy to use, has a great tone, and the staff answers questions immediately, accurately, and with great pleasure. You can just tell that everyone there loves their jobs.

Pros

Easy to use and understand
Great functionality
Fabulous people

Cons

Sometimes when there are new versions of software, I'm still trying to accomplish tasks in the way I did before and it takes a while to figure out how to do them.

Tamara B.

is very similar to other survey Softwares. does the job

Reviewed on 2018/07/06

Pros

the customer support and documentation are good. works well with Hebrew. have a big variety of question types.

Cons

the interface is a little hard to understand. the mailing list not always work properly. the phone view can be tiresome