Lucidchart Reviews

2076 Reviews

Marianela
Marianela
  • Industry: Chemicals

Lucidchart, a platform to create ideas, document processes and increase agility in the...

Reviewed on 2023/02/12

Lucidchart is a spectacular tool, which has grown through its own concept, aimed at streamlining the process of creating ideas. In general, diagramming in different areas or specialties is very well received by engineers, designers, administrative staff, and managers, and its application is very wide, so it becomes a great technical support to make our processes flow more quickly.

Pros

Its interactive and agile design is one of its greatest advantages since it does not require at all to spend time learning to diagram, work collaboratively or use the tool's functionalities. It has a high degree of usability and allows us to make almost any diagram, among them we can mention: UML diagram, iPhone/android mockups, workflow diagram, flowchart, org chart, data flow, kanban diagrams, and much more.Its integrations provide us with functionality to work collaboratively in environments such as MS TEAMS and its adoption in the organization is fast and intuitive.

Cons

Lucidchart is great at what it does. We may try to ask for more of its scope and in many cases, it will not disappoint us, however if we are looking for a sophisticated design application that has powerful functionality related to specialized rich text fonts, color palette registration, a grouping of objects to create custom libraries in a project, to name a few examples, we are going to need to evaluate some other option, but if what we want is to work in agile and collaborative environments, Lucidchart is undoubtedly one of the best options today.

Erik
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

A good app for diagram drawing

Reviewed on 2023/09/06

It is a good tool to draw diagrams, and we use it to draw class and ER diagrams representation of our software and database models. Overall easy to use and powerful, but with some glitches to be fixed.

Pros

Lucidchart is very handy to draw diagrams and figures, especially for database models. It gives you a lot of control over the appearance of your diagram and it is nice that me and my team can collaborate easily on drawing and refining the diagrams.

Cons

Quite sometimes the app has difficulties loading and I'm obliged to close the browser tab and restart it. While this does not affect the app usability once you're in, it can be pretty annoying and it has led me to close the tab and not come back to the app more than once.

Mario
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Very expensive compared to other products

Reviewed on 2023/08/22

Cost was a over all factor when looking into this product.

Cost was a over all factor when looking into this product.

Pros

I did like its user interface. I Admin portal was easy to use also. Adding SSO was easy to understand.

Cons

The price was high compared to other products. Also there was no bulk export to Visio and had to do one by on.

Cost

Great tool for diagrams and documentation

Reviewed on 2024/02/13

Pros

The ease of use. The many advance features with layers etc. Easy to collaborate on diagrams as well. Possibility of integrations with API.

Cons

Default styling/design of diagrams could look better. It would be great with some templates/styles that looks modern out-of-the-box. That said they are still doing better in this area than many other similar tools.

Reasons for Switching to Lucidchart

Works in a browser. More features and API.
Rajiv

Lucidchart review for visualization and product management

Reviewed on 2024/02/06

The overall experience with Lucid chart is tremendous as it makes the user in control of how they want to navigate, utilize the features and collaborate.

Pros

The various options and controls the application provides are the main likeable features of lucidchart. The collaboration that allows multiple users to see and edit simultaneously is a great feature.

Cons

Navigating through different libraries can be challenging for some users

draw.io

Reasons for Switching to Lucidchart

The features including the support for Library, collaboration as well as ease of use motivated me to use Lucidchart
Thomas
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Lucidchart - Easy to use flowcharting tool

Reviewed on 2023/11/21

I create flowcharts on a daily\weekly basis and Lucidcharts is an easy-to-use tool to help in designing flowchart diagrams. From the ease of installation, the excellent technical support when needed, and the easy to learn interface is quite valuable.

Pros

The ease of installation
The online support
Ease of use, not a big learing curve.

Cons

I don't use the collaborative tools much.

Divaldo
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Excellent tool to put visible ideas

Reviewed on 2023/07/26

I was able to quickly create many diagrams and procedure flowcharts, after 3 hours of use I got used to it and could finish flowcharts in record time.

Pros

First of all it is a tool with a very clean design. It's excellent for those who aren't very technical to start putting ideas into practice, in particular I'm good at making diagrams, flowcharts of procedures. Excellent export functionality for sharing.

Cons

I didn't find any negative points, maybe one of the plans should allow more users at the same price.

Deborah
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A flexible solution for project visualization.

Reviewed on 2023/08/17

Lucidchart allows me to create project reports that include custom screen shots of various parts of a project so that the team can better visualize the status of each component.

Pros

We like that Lucidchart is not as restrictive as other solutions which allows me to easily communicate my project statuses.

Cons

It was cumbersome to setup with the custom symbols we use in our organization.

Chris

LucidChart

Reviewed on 2023/12/06

It did a great job in feeling my needs and requirements for creating a network diagram.

Pros

It's way more affordable than Microsoft's offering

Cons

You can't export the files easily, or at least without paying.

Aleah
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Game changer

Reviewed on 2024/04/12

Pros

OMG, when my coworker stumbled across Lucidchart it was a game-changer for our team! At the time we were having issues with the whiteboard (via Zoom). She introduced us to this and we seriously did not use whiteboard anymore lol. It is so easy, interactive, and fun to use

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about Lucidchart

• Industry: Government Administration

Easy to use business process mapping software

Reviewed on 2021/04/07

Overall pretty good and easy to use software for business process mapping for anybody that needs to pump out process maps fairly quickly. You can quickly churn out process maps with a relatively small learning curve and can access your saved diagrams through any browser.

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use business process mapping software that can be used through the browser. I was looking for a MS visio replacement to run workshops with and this met my needs. I like the pre-built templates and the fact that i can have my colleague update the same business process map at the same time im using it (only available if you upgrade). The ability to publish to a MS visio format and a weblink is also useful. You can access the software directly on your browser as a SAS so it doesnt require any installation of software which makes it convenient if you're jumping between computers (it allows you to access your diagrams anywhere since its stored on the cloud)

Cons

-There's some minor glitches when mapping out business process lanes and performing some of the tasks. Formatting the process maps can be annoying sometimes and it does not have all the formatting customizability that a more robust business process mapping tool like MS visio has. Sometimes the browser is not responsive if you go idle for too long.
-I don't like the fact that users need to register/create an account if I want to share the published link with my business process maps to them
-Costs are kind of a turnoff because I'd rather pay a one time fee rather than a subscription cost since its not every day you'll be using this software

One of the best softwares in market for creating flow diagrams

Reviewed on 2023/04/10

Overall, I will highly recommend using Lucidchart for creating and sharing your flowcharts or diagrams. It is an extremely customizable and flexible tool with a lot of integration options. Though it doesn't have many cheaper or smaller plans, however, for enterprise level, this is one of the best diagramming tools available.

Pros

Lucidchart is specifically designed to create flowcharts like business process models, data flow diagrams, organizational charts, sequence diagrams, architecture diagrams etc. I love its feature set and integrations as compared to other diagramming tools like draw.io or Microsoft Visio. As it is an online web application, it allows multiple team members to collaborate and contribute on the same diagram in real time. You can leave feedback or comments on any object and attach notes.Lucidchart has plethora of options for different flowchart shapes, objects, lines or pre-built templates, which eventually saves up a lot of your time.

Cons

I don't have many negatives about this software but one major limitation with Lucidchart is that there is no desktop app available, so you will always need to use it in the browser. Also, sometimes when I am moving the objects, the lines/connectors/links between those objects mess up completely and I end up doing a lot of readjustments.

Federico
Federico
  • Industry: Banking

Great diagramming solution for a Small / Medium Business

Reviewed on 2022/11/11

Our overall experience with Lucidchart is great, we love the solution and plan to keep working with them for the foreseeable time.

Pros

There are many features we loved about this software, some of them are the vast variety of charts and diagrams to choose from. We have practically all of the schemes needed to develop a robust data management solution. In addition the tool is very intuitive so we needed almost no training nor research to use it.

Cons

The one feature they could improve is the documentation tools, we believe it could be a little more simpler to work with. Another con could be the community, we reach for help and didn't fin much support.

Visme and Visio

Reasons for Choosing Lucidchart

We made the switch because we needed a more robust tool to share our database diagramming.

Reasons for Switching to Lucidchart

During our cost / price evaluation Lucidchart came with the highest value.
Aaron
Aaron

Easy to use and powerful diagramming tool.

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

Lucidchart is my goto for complex network diagrams, system workflow diagrams, process workflows, data flow diagrams, API call flow sequence diagrams, system component diagrams.
I have used it for years and don't see any reason to switch to another product.
I would highly recommend this product.

Pros

1) Super easy to get started with simple registration options.
2) Very flexible sharing and collaboration options.
3) Multi-edit a document in real time with other users.
4) Easily lock down access to documents.
5) Many predefined industry standard documents to start from
6) Large list of export diagram export options. Examples, PDF, PNG...

Cons

1) At times the shape locator tool on the left hand side can be confusing depending on the document type you are working on, for example if you are working on a DFD diagram, the shapes directly related to the diagram should always be visible first after which other shape groups should be searchable.

Reasons for Choosing Lucidchart

Software license requirement of Visio. Limited collaboration options.

Timothy

Great for Collaboration

Reviewed on 2021/03/01

I would highly recommend lucid chart, really a great tool. With the biggest upside being collaboration and source of truth file storage using their SAAS platform.

Pros

I love the ability to share diagrams using lucid charts, and having all my source diagrams stored in one location is a game changer for me. I only wish my last job paid for this tool, as it has been a huge help and time saver with diagramming and managing version changes.

Great price, and easy to export and share which are huge upsides to this tool

Cons

there are small things that are annoying about lucidchart. Nothing to keep me from using it, but things that make it difficult:
- no paste formatter (at least not that I can find)
- The 'full screen' mode doesn't set up well for presentations. It would be nice to have a 'presentation' mode. But alas I can't find a button for that either.
- some shapes are missing, they do really well to keep the icons for different cloud providers up to date, but finding extra shapes like different pointed stars, can be surprisingly difficult. Nothing too difficult, but not the most friendly in regards to shapes.

Shawn
  • Industry: Higher Education

Lucidchart for the Masses

Reviewed on 2022/07/25

I was hired at my organization about two years ago to replace someone who had strong design skills that I did not. However, I knew of this program and how it could make reports and/or presentations beautiful. So I invested in the program and have not looked back. My peers and my supervisors have found what I have been able to create in Lucidchart extremely helpful. While there are programs that may do this at a more sophisticated level, for our strata of organization (midsize regional) it is perfect and is at exactly the right cost for an organization our size to have a yearly team-based account.

Pros

I think the extensive library of templates is the most important gift this program offers. I can get into the program and scan for a wide variety of template / tool options that I can then deploy. Sometimes, I'm not necessarily sure of what I need, and I can scan a variety to be able to get something that is close and/or I can modify quickly to be able to use for my work. This has really helped speed up the quality of my reports. While there are other programs that do similar work, I really operate better with this type of software because it isn't complicated; I just remember trying to do the same thing with Vizio or PowerPoint and nothing was working at the level of design I needed. I also tried Infogram and it was too much work. This was the just right option for me.

Cons

I love the templates, BUT, some of them can be really tricky to use. You have to spend time with a few of them figuring out the controls to be able to get exactly what you want. So it isn't a turnkey solution in the strictest sense, and it's not entirely intuitive either. The file depot is good, as I can go and find old documents. But I need to be really careful. If I don't duplicate something it doesn't maintain an old file, and I or a colleague can write over something and there isn't the same "revision history" that exists in other cloud-based solutions.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

One of the most innovative diagramming collaboration tools out there!

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

The business problems I've been solving with Lucidchart is to create process maps and value stream maps to clearly outline the detail so that it is easy for developers and designers to glean from. It allows me to add a lot more perspective and content so that critical details don't fall through the cracks. Excellent for real-time collaboration and to even have brainstorming sessions.

Pros

The features I like most about this software is the easy set up and I can get going right away. The quick virtual tour is very helpful when it comes to knowing all the different available features. Collaboration is awesome in real-time. Excellent customization available. I have my own template sets and custom shapes that I use most often saved to my favorites. I have also categorized it my diagram type and project type. Lucid just allows you to configure anything you can think of and that is what makes it super powerful. Version history feature and status label on the diagrams comes in handy to track revision control as well. Layers are one of my favorite features because it allows to showcase multiple views of a diagram without taking up too much real estate and is so easy to show/hide based on user preferences. The different ways to share and collaborate like publish links, pdf, png, hyperlinks etc. are super useful to share and collaborate on documents even if the feedback giver is not proficient with Lucidchart.

Cons

The community is not very helpful. The moderation of the community can be better and it would be nice to have specific channels than one open community as most of the content I see there is irrelevant to me. Notifications are easy to miss and doesn't really catch your attention. It's not possible to share folders within a Team Folder which is constraining because then I have to share the whole workspace with someone that I don't want to just so they can access a specific folder or file. Permissioning is tricky as it works sometimes but doesn't work other times. I have to do some extra manual work to pretty up the diagrams and make it fit the canvas all while the content can still be read and visible. It would be nice if that was automated.

Ben
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Lucidchart for the Win!

Reviewed on 2023/04/23

Pros

Absolutely love the dynamic nature of documenting and optimizing workflows in a cohesive, simple to use, customer centric tool.

Cons

Some of the advanced features require additional licenses.

Miro

Miro, Mural and Visio
Lee
  • Industry: Computer Games

Lucidchart is a great option to create just about any diagram you need for game design!

Reviewed on 2019/04/10

In my game development business, I need a variety of different charts and diagrams. I have never had a need to find another way to make a chart that I couldn’t make with Lucidchart. I can even use it to lay out massive maps for level development. I personally have never run out of available map space and I can make some pretty big levels. It is a great system for doing this because it even can handle building layouts and interiors as it has little furniture graphics that you can drag and drop to build out the level with visual content. For game design and development it is a must have tool in your arsenal.

Pros

Pros

First, let me say that it is the first diagram and flow chart system I have ever used but that is only because I have never needed another. Lucidchart has a huge selection of pre-made templates for different projects from flowcharts to floorplans and everything in between. It’s drag and drop interface allow for easy custom charts or modification of the premade templates. With the reasonable price plans available (including a FREE Plan) there is an option for you to get your own online storage which is great to keep all your charts and diagrams available online to access in a pinch, but if you need a chart or diagram download there are many different download options available including one of my personal favorites the .png format. It’s worth mentioning that if you’re a student there is a free upgraded account you can get.

Cons

Cons

If you don’t upgrade to a paid account you will not get much space to save documents but this isn’t an issue if you just download them all, but again you won’t have access to them at that point. Additionally, the site is slow loading the first time you log in but it’s not too bad.

• Industry: Biotechnology
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Lucidchart - great tool for diagrams

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

Lucidchart has been an easy to learn, useful diagramming tool. it's extremely simple to integrate with atlassian tools which makes it all the more valuable for my organization. There are minor quirks of the tool, but overall, a great value for the price.

Pros

being cloud based give lucidchart a leg up on some of the other diagramming programs i've previously used. it integrates easily with confluence which is important for my documentation.

Cons

responsiveness can lag at times; however, the ease of accessibility outweighs any slowness. the "canned" color fill selections could be improved for efficiency in customizing content. Lastly, the user interface is not as intuitive as other programs. I often find myself having to use the help/search box to find out where to find a specific feature/funcion.

Carlos
Carlos
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

With Lucidchart, we always go to the top of our game

Reviewed on 2023/06/14

Lucidchart is beneficial for anyone who needs a means to visually represent their work. Yes, it is intended to be helpful to any individual within any rank or position within a company. A sales representative can use the program to document the manner in which their work is developed in order to work with a potential customer from the internet to the time the contract is closed. A manager can use the program to devise the company's action plan for approval by the legislature. The sales operation suite is using Lucidchart to generate most of the training and enablement path, which communicates with the power groups, Sales, Marketing, Product and Customer Effectiveness. We have developed functional and institutional organization charts, process and flow diagrams, content and certification information to communicate our strategy in relation to our four sales enablement principles.

Pros

It is very easy to generate a specific color program so that sketches can be customized very easily. The ability to send to computer, tablet and smart phones numerous image formats is particularly helpful. The ability to provide access to editors or just the ability to read is critical. Facilitates the creation of groups with various functions. Several templates with recommendations on how to use them make it very simple to get started. The templates offered by Lucidchart are ready to use, which makes it extremely simple to use. All the templates guide you on how to use it. The toolbar resembles a familiar Microsoft application and it is very easy to find what you want. Zero formal instructions are required.

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to slow down the publication as needed and deliver versions, for everything else Lucidchart is excellent.

Helps understanding overall system flow and for presentations

Reviewed on 2019/07/27

I truly recommend Lucidchart to everyone. It helps students and as well as professional.

Pros

I used Lucidchart for multiple purposes. Firstly, i used it during implementation of database schema designing. It provided me an overall picture and the conflict with the keys that may arrive. I also used to create data flow diagrams and use case diagram. This way i could understand the flow of a system from each layer to the other and i found this quite useful. Whenever there was an enhancement, i just used it to see the different perspective.

Cons

There was nothing that i did not like about this software. I found it helpful with the variety of charts i could use.

Benson
  • Industry: International Trade & Development
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Level up project diagramming and management with Lucidchart.

Reviewed on 2023/10/30

Lucidchart has given us a great experience in visualization of our project work. It helps us bring together everyone from all the departments when brainstorming our projects and this helps us to have accurate visualization of our projects which makes it easy to control, track and manage our projects.

Pros

Lucidchart has grown to be a vocal product in our organization mainly because it allows us to join our efforts together and collaborate when brainstorming and creating diagrams and flowcharts to visualize our projects. It's scalability made it possible for us to customize it and set it up in accordance to our specifications and requirements. It allows us to use AI to generate flowcharts automatically and this reduces our manual dependency on such repetitive tasks.

Cons

The interface is not very smooth and it needs one to have some basic skills when manually drawing the flowcharts.

Justin
Justin
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

It's the clear leader in this space

Reviewed on 2022/05/26

Pros

Lucidchart just works. It's simple, obvious/intuitive, and makes communicating super simple.
I love the ability to quickly make new diagrams, succinctly communicate, share, print, etc.

Even training new team members to use Lucidchart is super simple - new engineers may not fully understand the value, but they quickly see it.

Cons

The look and feel of Lucidchart outputs is pretty generic. I wish that the look and feel could be more polished for larger audiences - there are other softwares out there that show/present similar diagrams in a more polished look/feel.

That said, that's minor. Lucidchart does exactly what it says it's going to do.

One big request/wish: I wish Lucidchart had an API that would build diagrams programmtically. Yes, Lucidchart has an API, but I specifically want to hand it PlantUML commands (or something similar) from RunTime code that would quickly build sequence diagrams, class diagrams, system diagrams, etc. But alas, that is entirely missing.

• Industry: Mining & Metals

Lucidchart Review

Reviewed on 2023/02/15

I used Lucidchart for my diagram and org chart projects and was impressed by its ease of use and real-time collaboration functionality. Although there are limitations on some advanced features and the pricing is relatively high, I highly recommend this platform for anyone looking for a user-friendly and professional diagram and org chart creation tool.

Pros

I used Lucidchart for 11 months for creative project management, diagrams, org charts, and wireframing. I was extremely impressed with how user-friendly the platform was. The diagram creation tools were intuitive and allowed for the quick creation of professional and visually appealing graphics. I also appreciated the ability to work collaboratively in real-time with colleagues, which led to increased productivity and better-quality outcomes. Integrations with other applications such as Google Drive were also very convenient.

Cons

Although I was very satisfied with the user-friendliness of the platform, I found that some advanced features were limited. For example, customization of colors and shapes was not as extensive as I would have liked, and there were limits on the number of shapes and colors that could be used. Additionally, I found that the pricing was relatively high, which can be a drawback for those on smaller budgets.