Showing 1 281 reviews of 1 143

Sarah N.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Workflow illustration

Reviewed on 2021/01/07

It did take a while to get used to using Lucidchart... it's not super intuitive. But once you get the hang of it, it's not bad. There are many features I don't believe I'm using, as I use it in a simplistic form to create workflow charts. I like the professional look of the objects and charts, and ability to customize. It's also great that an education account is available. I would recommend it over other flowchart tools I've used!

Pros

I like how customizable it is to change the shapes, colors, gradient, etc. in order to make the flow chart look more professional or match branding colors. It has a much more professional look than other similar tools I've used, and I very much appreciate the ability to share and collaborate.

Cons

I wish a chart could be shared with others who do not have a Lucidchart account, but I've only been able to share with colleagues who have accounts as well. Alternatively I send a PDF of the chart to others for feedback (it works, but just slower and not as efficient). I've also had trouble in moving objects without moving the items they are linked to (there may be a way to change this, but I haven't found it yet).

Aaron C.

Easy to use and powerful diagramming tool.

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

Lucidchart is my goto for complex network diagrams, system workflow diagrams, process workflows, data flow diagrams, API call flow sequence diagrams, system component diagrams.
I have used it for years and don't see any reason to switch to another product.
I would highly recommend this product.

Pros

1) Super easy to get started with simple registration options.
2) Very flexible sharing and collaboration options.
3) Multi-edit a document in real time with other users.
4) Easily lock down access to documents.
5) Many predefined industry standard documents to start from
6) Large list of export diagram export options. Examples, PDF, PNG...

Cons

1) At times the shape locator tool on the left hand side can be confusing depending on the document type you are working on, for example if you are working on a DFD diagram, the shapes directly related to the diagram should always be visible first after which other shape groups should be searchable.

Michael D.

Way better than visio!

Reviewed on 2019/09/29

Love it. I was able to make complex flow charts on my first time using the software.

Pros

Lucidchart is a far superior product to the more traditional flowchart software Visio. The simple layout, easy sharing and the ability to build complex flow charts make Lucidchart the best out there. Additionally, I find the templates for other projects, that are not flow chart related, very useful.

Cons

My only issue with Lucid is that, at certain points, where the details of lines and boxes can get very cluttered, I find it hard to navigate the layers and often end up dragging out boxes and lines that I do not wish to, even though they are not selected originally. This is very rarely an issue and it just takes a few minutes to fix, but it is an issue.

Joseric M.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy and Beautiful Diagrams online

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

Pros

Lucidchart is our alternative go-to software coming from Visio (Microsoft) and Dia (open source). In the long run, we fell in love with the ease of use and quality of this online diagram platform, plus the collaboration feature. Teams can work together on the same diagram for faster work and easy checking. The Pro comes with a ton of professionally crafted shapes to make our diagrams stand out for presentations. It can also be saved into a Visio format for those who have remained using (an outdated version of) Visio in our office.

We have used Lucidchart not only for creating our HR/org charts but also for process improvement initiatives in the office. We used it to map our current processes, and then add the improvements. Sometimes business processes have to be made visual (e.g., via these diagrams) in order for one to grasp it better and to make improvements.

One more thing, Lucidchart also works in offline mode which is great especially for us who go out into the field/remote areas often. Also very helpful is the Android app for additional mobility via a smartphone.

Cons

My only problem with web apps is my connectivity (since my work requires me to move a lot to remote areas and places with no/limited connectivity). I would love to have a lucidchart that is installable locally into my laptop and to be able to use it fully without an internet connection.

Robert B.

Cost effective visualizations.

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

A cloud based alternative to Visio.

Pros

Web based so can be accessed anywhere without the need of a file repository. Allows you to download directly in pdf format. Easy admin console, and cheaper than almost all of the competitors in the same space.

Cons

Their sales team will email you and call you just about every month to get you to upgrade. As well, the way purchasing licenses works isn't seamless or industry standard. For example when we upgraded past 10 licenses the next option at the time was purchasing 20 seats. Which left 9 unused but paid for; on one of the afformentioned sales calls I brought this up and they lowered the seats to 15 (at the time the amt of users we had). Next time I needed to add a user it jumped back up. For a cloud based service they should be able to automatically scale licenses based on users and not a "range" of users leaving us paying for more than we need.

Chris B.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great Product Idea - Integrates With Other Apps

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

I’m so averse to subscriptions in this suddenly over saturated monthly fee market that hit the world like a giant wave that it clouds my judgement over software and the companies that made it. I actually stopped using Lucidchart because of that for a while ....but the superiority of the product and the fact it works across devices and platforms (from iOS to Windows, to android) brought me back. I would rather buy my license then rent one....so, I hope they address that desire because if a simplistic program comes out that I can buy....I’ll have to make the jump. I would rather stay here though as it is truly a easy to use program with tons of features.

Pros

The flexibility in this software is pretty stellar. You are not limited to one type of document or flow for your project and you can customize what you’re working on really easily by utilizing the available tool set. The app integrates with Hoogle and Microsoft so you can backup and save to Google Drive etc. The app also comes with an admin feature that allows you to call up the app from within Google Sheets or Google Docs which can be super helpful for embedding your drawing or project into a larger document.

Cons

The free version only allows a single document to be saved and if you’re lucky - after a period of time you’ll be offered a free document so you can have 2 drawings going. You only get 25 MB of space with the free version....so it’s really just a taster. You have to do the dreaded S word (Subscribe) in order to get any usable space for anything large enough for any serious process mappers etc. You cannot outright buy a version of the software so for anything usable (for serious mappers) you have to pay $5 per month at minimum. This frustrates me to no end with good software.

Benjamin D.

A great product but can be slow

Reviewed on 2016/11/22

My role has required me to increasingly create diagrams so it's great having an online repository for them. Having them available on wiki pages and update as they are chabged is a huge benefit. I haven't struggled on lack of features but it would be good to have more mangement of the diagram files themselves, and a feature for online archive. Overall a great experience so far however my only bugbear is performance, large diagrms can take an age to load, even browsing documents. Having said that the performance does seem to have improve lately.

Pros

Online repository for diagrams
Collaboration
Link to online for upto date version

Cons

Performance
Lack of document features

Ragnar H.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Flowcharts Made Easy

Reviewed on 2016/11/22

The Good: First of all for any basic project, there is likely to be a similar one in their database from which you can build yours. When using swim lanes, resizing also moves to contents which saves a lot of time (as opposed to doing this in Word or Excel). You can build custom shape libraries to include color settings and such on the shapes. Overall this program has (figuratively) pulled my bacon from the fire more than once.

The Bad: The login screen does not allow for quick form fill (browser remembering the username and password to instantly input it upon page load). It does not remember certain view settings between uses, such as opting to use the beta build for the next version, I never want to go back to the previous.

The Ugly: The default themes are a decent baseline from which to build, but are each rather lacking, and you cannot save your own for quick application over all objects in a spreadsheet (thus you need to do it manually, which can take quite awhile).

Pros

Use of use, simplicity of design, complexity of task.

Cons

I wish I could save custom themes, and possibly share them with other users.

Liz W.
  • Industry: Food Production

Customer support "empowers" users by not offering customer support.

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Pros

The templates can be very helpful. The software itself is a little clunky but fairly easy to use.

Cons

The complete lack of customer support. So frustrating when you have an issue and have no options for help except scouring the help center for the answer. Ugh. Apparently, Lucidchart has been able to maintain the same number of support staff as they have scaled since they "empower" their users to solve the issues on their own. :(

Mohamad T.

Lucid Charts frequent user

Reviewed on 2019/04/13

I love Lucid Charts and have got the company I work for to buy the licenses for all team members.

Pros

I like the fact that lucid charts provides you all the shapes to choose from and there isnt anything I couldnt find. I make flow charts and use case diagrams all the time and I had been using visio. But I have to say you dont need any training to start using Lucid Charts, it is so user friendly.

Cons

One of the cons that comes to my mind is that you often have to export the diagrams to share it with users who dont have access to the software

Josemaria G.

Business Analysts Online Friend

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

All my diagramming and workflow documentation needs have been fully addressed by Lucidchart. Full-featured, easy to use, and constantly improving.

Pros

Visio just costs too much! A good alternative for us was to use Lucidchart. It supports Visio and so we didn't have trouble with importing or migrating.

Lucidchart didn't require much learning curve since it is fairly straight forward and easy to navigate. All our workflow and diagramming needs can be done within Lucidchart and the best part (compared to our lower version of Visio) is that we were able to work in teams collaboratively on the same charts. Work has been completed faster even with remote team members.

I love the offline mode, this is the closest I could get to a native app response time without the need for connectivity.

Cons

I prefer a desktop application since for me it normally runs faster compared to running the same application via a web app or browser. Depending perhaps on our current internet situation Lucidchart can sometime feel laggy or clunky.

Kevin O.

Think modern Visio

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Pros

This is an ideal alternative for Visio. It may not be as powerful but it has lots of useful features and is very user friendly. We use this product on a weekly basis for mapping processes, layouts, charts etc.

Cons

Some print options could be clearer. If you want to print out over say 6 pages it can be difficult to manipulate this.

Kurt J.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Process Mapping

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

I have used 2 other white-boarding tools like Lucidchart, but they got this nailed down. So simple and intuitive to use. Layout is exceptional, and the ability to have high resolution print quality out of the gate is amazing.

Pros

Tools and object selection is large. Layout/format abilities are very prominent. UI is simple and intuitive.

Cons

Not having the option to save the file name when exporting to a PDF.

Sebastien E.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Best chart/workflow design tool

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

I amable to quickly create charts to illustrate processes and workflows to external users clearly and efficiently

Pros

Love how easy it is to create a clear workflow, moving things around without having to redesign the whole thing is a time saver.

Cons

That it's not completely free, but at the same time it shouldn't be. Clearly a lot of work has been put in, and it shows. It's worth it

James N.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

The best collaborative diagramming software I've experienced

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

My first experience with Lucidchart was several positions ago, but each time I've moved I have continued to suggest this software to the teams I am on. The free version is easy to make small diagrams with and test out the functionality before deciding if the paid version is best for your team/company. Almost every team I have been on prefers using Lucidchart as it stops us from using the wrong version of a diagram if we just use the same document link.

Pros

It offers similar functionality to Microsoft Visio but in a cloud based, collaborative environment.
It has built in version control to keep track of all the changes that are made and by who.
You are able to export the diagrams you make into a multitude of formats (PDF, PNG, JPEG, VDX, etc.)

Cons

Converting the diagrams to Visio files and vice versa can cause some issues with the diagram format.

Bella M.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Highly Efficient and Very Affordable!

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

I have used Lucidchart for years, whether it's been for school or for work and it has always allowed me to produce professional and high quality diagrams.

Pros

Lucidchart is an online diagramming app that provides tons of templates ranging from mind maps to floor plans to BPMNs. It offers many features but whether or not if you have access to them depends on what subscription plan you're on. The Team plan was best suited for us because we could take advantage of their collaboration tools like having multiple users working on the same diagram simultaneously while video chatting through Google Hangouts. Lucidchart provides many integrations including Google Apps, Microsoft Word, and Slack allowing you to complete your projects quickly and seamlessly. Some of my favorite features are being able to see revision history, using "Clean Up Layout" to quickly declutter diagrams and make them appear more neat and organized, adding passwords to certain diagrams, and the premade designs and color schemes.

Cons

Customer support is excellent but if you want to reach them by phone, you have to upgrade to the Enterprise plan.

• Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Other for 2+ years

A Great Tool

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

Pros

The tool is easy to use and I use it instead of Visio. I don't need to create a chart every day but at times, I need to create several charts for a presentation or strategic plan. For occasional users like me, Lucid Charts allows you to reactivate your account for whatever period of time you need to use the tool. When done, you can deactivate your account. Lucid Charts retains all your historic work in your account for the next time you need it. This allows me to only pay for the time I need to use the tool. Nice! It is also very reasonably priced even if you leave it activated all year.

Cons

I have no cons. Lucid Charts has always been able to provide me with the shapes and functions I need to create fantastic looking charts and graphics.

Craig S.

Lucidchart is a solid choice among online charting/drawing applications

Reviewed on 2016/11/23

Overall, it is a very powerful tool that allows us to collaborate online. I think it is a value for the money and the online help is useful and answers most of my questions.

Pros

Flexibility, links with Google Drive, sharing over the Internet, download. Overall it is very solid.

Cons

Importing outside images is cumbersome. I just want to drag and drop a file onto the work area then start using it. This is a frequent use case as our main use for the product is UI design. I want to start with the existing UI as a screen shot and show the developers how to change. Second is having to re-import UI elements every time I open a new study. Once I put something in the tool list on the left, I'd like it to stay there. Finally, selecting an object can be frustrating because of the mode switching that occurs. I grab to drag and I get a pointer to another object. There must be some way to make this more intuitive.

I use Lucidchart to design mockups for software data flow + backend process.

Reviewed on 2018/04/14

Saves me a ton of time in designing ERDs and data flow documentation - come up with these by hand was previously a massive pain - Lucidchart speeds up this process and consequentially helps me communicate better with the rest of my team.

Pros

I've found Lucidchart to be incredibly helpful in designing diagrams related to software design. Trying to create these diagrams myself in various design softwares was always complicated and cumbersome, and this system allows me to intuitively create complex diagrams without pulling my hair out. Favorite features:

- Low price
- Versatility of shapes + functions
- Easy export to PDF
- Built in templates for everything from ERDs to iPhone app design, and everything in between
- Detailed articles explaining nuances of each type of diagram
- Integrations (Google Drive, Slack, + Jira are especially nice)

Cons

Any frustrations I have with Lucidchart are minimal:

- Lack of autosave feature (I don't always remember to manually save)
- Wish that templates came blank instead of pre-populated with data

Elaine W.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Lucidchart

Reviewed on 2020/11/02

Love the product now that i know some of the tricks and workarounds.

Pros

Easy to use and provides a great process flow chart to utilize in new product/projects. Love the collaboration tools for team work.

Cons

Some functionality isn’t intuitive and works differently than other similar tools. While you’re able to share documents, collaboration could be improved.

Monica M.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Monica Miranda

Reviewed on 2016/11/23

I use Lucidchart to make flowcharts and surveys for a research project. I love this program. Overall, I have had a great experience using it. I have had some compatibility issues because I can't edit the charts on other programs. Another thing is that I would find it helpful if I had templates for specific projects (like Gantt charts or timelines for example). They might exist but I don't know how to find them. I would also like it if it better if it were easier to insert different forms.

Pros

I love that it is really easy to use, it is very intuitive. I like the colors and different options to make lovely charts.

Cons

I don't like that I can't edit the charts in other softwares (such as word, powerpoint).

Stephan L.

Good Job, Thank you.

Reviewed on 2016/11/25

I used to use MS Visio until I stumbled over Lucidchart. While Visio ist going down from version to version (Software developer's view) Lucidchart offers an easy way to design nearly whatever required. Few things I miss: Other Entity notations than crow feet and better UML integration, e.g. free placeable ports for components.

Pros

Easy to use, worldwid access (if there's internet available)

Cons

sometimes tricky to use, not all diagram types/ notations supportet (yet)