Intervals

Time tracking, task management, & project management.

Rod J.

Nice but needs more

Reviewed on 2017/02/18

We are are active users of this service but there are many things that it doesn't do well. We find that getting this integrated with our other systems is a challenge and that other products on the market are beginning to offer attractive features. As changing platforms means that we need to change our business practices we are not looking to move (at least in the near term) but at some point other features may attract us to other platforms.

One challenge is integration with our accounting software Saasu. The ability to invoice within Intervals is OK but it isn't an accounting tool.

There are many features that would be useful and I have suggested adding tags to all of the levels as a feature request in the past so that we can better identify groups of tasks or projects. Reporting isn't great and we find that we have to export the data and use other services to get the reports that we need.

New features don't seem to appear that often which does make me wonder whether this service is seen more as a cash cow for the company than an actively developed service that will maintain its competitive edge over time.

Pros

Price point is good. It is easy to use.

Cons

Lack of features, difficulty in integration

Response from Pelago

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We understand how integrating Intervals with third-party tools can be a challenge, and it's one of the areas we are improving. We've recently launched a few more integrations, and we're currently evaluating which ones to add next. Our goal is to continue adding the features and integrations that will benefit the majority of our customers the most. We'll be taking your notes into consideration as we do so. Thank you, again, for sharing.

Brandon W.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Intervals

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

It has allowed us to move away from paper based timesheets and track timesheets weekly.

Pros

Its fairly easy to use, you cant make any mistake that will 'break' the system. captures and tracks time fairly well.

Cons

I feel a feature that is missing is the ability to allocate staff to a home project/business unit. this would help our business greatly if when running a time entry report, along with seeing the project the hours have been billed to that we could see the home business unit (e.g HR, Finance, Marketing etc) that this person belongs to. It would also be great if you could copy a previous weeks timesheet for re-entry in current/future weeks rather than having to upload this as a template or enter time using the 'add multiple time entries' option.

Srilekha K.

Great tool for Project Management and time tracking!

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

I strongly believe I made the right choice going for intervals and its price worth!

Pros

Easy time tracking. Gantt charts are good to swap the task dates. During my research, I observed intervals gives a better UI experience.

Cons

There are some issues with reporting tools however the support team gives fixes in a day or two. The resource allocation report isn't working at all.

Response from Pelago

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We sincerely appreciate it. With the resource allocation report not working please feel free to submit a bug from within your account and start a ticket with our support team. We can do some troubleshooting and hopefully get the issue resolved.

Thomas S.

Single most important decision to enhance my business

Reviewed on 2016/09/14

Since I use the the time management of intervals customer satisfaction has greatly increased due to better delivery timing. Moreover I was able to adjust pricing and project cost calculations neatly, having great statistics and overviews of previous projects at hand. I would recommend this tool to everyone who offers services to customers and works on his/her own account. I reckon to have increased my income by more than 30% due to this valuable software.

Pros

Timers at the bottom of the page counting every single second needed for a certain task.
Task management with calendar.
"Summary" and "Break it down" reports with possibility to create a nice and customisable pdf-version for customers.

Cons

Total rates inside projects are always calculated based on time and hourly rate. It could be interesting to be able to assign a total cost independently.

Response from Pelago

Thomas, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

Wow! 30%! That is great news. We've heard this from other customers as well and it never ceases to make our week.

We appreciate the feedback on tracking project costs and we've added this idea to our notes.

We've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

Jessica H.
  • Industry: Research

Small business lifesaver

Reviewed on 2019/08/31

I manage multiple contracts, different periods of performance, different small teams, different pricing s has done it all for me. I don’t stress when I do invoicing. Ease of reports and estimations for business proposals. Can’t say enough good things

Pros

1. Documentation and responsiveness from support. Customer service means everything to my clients, so another company that performs this way to keep me operational is excellent.
2. Ease to implement, change and operate. This is a no fuss-get business done platform. If you’re looking for bubbly themes and widgets, go elsewhere. This streamlines the management of your work in a professional way for all industries, and let’s you focus on doing your life’s calling
3. Pricing and performance. Every year or so I look at what is out there. I consider moving to something that may be a tad more expensive thinking I will get something different. Doesn’t exist for the small business team (in my opinion). Pricing has stayed consistent and reasonable for small businesses and doesn’t sacrifice on the first two items mentioned here!

Cons

Nothing I can think of...other than doing the work for me!

Zsombor Z.

TimeTask is the best project management tool with time booking functionality

Reviewed on 2016/09/14

After trying several time booking and project management software this is the best one that brings together these two things. I am using it for more than 8 years now. It is just great, for small projects and for bigger ones too.

Pros

1. Time tracking, easy to track time
2. Simple interface
3. Very nice pricing model
4. Nice API, you can take all your data and do whatever you want with it
5. The request management system is pretty good

Cons

1. Very fixed, cannot be configured to custom needs (custom fields would be great)
2. Mobile client for easy time entry would be great
3. Invoicing is not very flexible to cover all needs
4. The user rights / roles system could be a bit better organized
5. The attachment handling could be done better

Response from Pelago

Zsombor, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

We appreciate your feedback. We've added your ideas to our feature development notes. But I also wanted to let you know we are in the early stages of developing a mobile client.

Istvan K.

Very good task management tool

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

All our activity is based around Time Task. We are using it as incident management tool for IT support and it does a decent job for a more than a fair price.

Pros

- easy to use
- easy to manage
- fair price
- good support

Cons

- it would be nice to have the possibility to set alerts for a specified date and time
- it would be nice to be able to restrict users to set only allowed task statuses

Response from Pelago

Istvan, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

We appreciate your ideas on how we can use date and time alerts and more in-depth user restrictions.

George K.

Great product.

Reviewed on 2017/02/17

We have been using for over a year now and the platform works great. There are some reporting issues we would like to see added but overall Intervals works wonderfully and fits our need.

Pros

Web based platform and ease of use.

Cons

lack of reporting options for my profession

Response from Pelago

Thank you for taking the time to review our software. We sincerely appreciate the feedback. We are glad to hear that Intervals is working for most of your needs. We do our best to make the reporting flexible enough to handle a wide variety of use cases. But we understand we can't hit them all. Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] with ideas on how to make the reports better.

Meanwhile, we do have two options that might help plug in some of the missing pieces. One is the option to export report results to Excel, where the data can be modified more. The other option is our RESTful API, which can be used to extract raw data for building custom reports.

Rodrigo M.

Good value for money. Useful.

Reviewed on 2017/02/17

My company is using TimeTask for more than 7 years. Its not completely adequate to our activity, but we take advantage form lots of features.

Cons

We are a consulting services company. Our business management uses some concepts that are not available (yet) in Time Task. We use cost rate and billing rate to manage our projects. TimeTask is not ready, yet to let us manage our project based on the margin generated by those two rates. So we dont full explore all the features. Also, it would be interesting to have expense report forms for employees (like the time report forms). We charge the projects with expenses from our employess.

Response from Pelago

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback on cost rates and billing rates. We can see how these features would help your business management needs. We're always looking for ideas on how we can improve our software, and we'll make note of these suggestions. Thank you, again, for reviewing Intervals.

Stan K.

Almost perfect

Reviewed on 2017/02/17

Ive been using Intervals for time keeping for my small company for several years now. I know that Intervals does much more than I use it for. However for my purposes it seems adequate. My staff wants me to switch to Harvest or even basecamp, I like you guys and continue.

Pros

Time tracking, timer, ease of task assigning, reliable

Cons

Sometimes employees cant figure out where and how to enter their hours and their hours get lost. If they dont use the specific tasks, or task criteria, I dont see their hours. Its weird I know

Response from Pelago

Thank you for weighing in with your feedback, Stan. We appreciate the feedback on the time tracking usability. We are currently working on redesigning the interface and we are improving on time tracking in the process. If you'd like to be a beta tester please reach out to us at [email protected] We'd love to find out more about how we can help employees understand time tracking better with our redesign.

Benoit D.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Propharmact

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

A central repository for Contract definitions and time reporting. SaaS mode allows accessing the database wherever our consultants are.

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive, keeps track of our activity since years while proposing powerful data mining tools such as "report / summary"

Cons

The main weak point for us is not having the choice of unit of measure for times. Actually we base our proposals and contracts on days, not on hours...

Guilherme B.

Quality and consistency with low price

Reviewed on 2017/03/03

Intervals was a key tool for establishing processes within the company, along with our customers.
The cost-effectiveness of Intervals is the best for time tracking and project management tools.

Response from Pelago

Guilherme, thank you for the glowing review, and for your years of continued business. We wanted to let you know we've launched a new look. Check out the Modernistic theme in the Settings & Defaults section of your account. The new interface makes Intervals even easier to use than before.

Supi M.

Generally very nice. Simple and Intuitive

Reviewed on 2018/09/21

the outstanding amount limitation is a real problem since it gets cumbersome to list out the hours for a particular month, group it into various worktypes since the charges are different and then calculate the total amount manually for a particular period.

would be wonderful to have that feature.

Otherwise it has been a overall good experience

Pros

Simplicity
Affordability
user roles
client management

Cons

no option to view the outstanding amount up until a certain period !! for e.g. I have no option to view the outstanding amount till August or september

Response from Pelago

Thank you for taking the time to review our software. I wanted to point out a few features that show the outstanding amount in real-time.

First is the Estimate vs Actual page. The link is in the left column of the project profile. This page will show the actual hours compared to estimated ours, and calculate the outstanding amount.

The Project Landscape report includes this information as well.

If neither of those are what you are looking for, please reach out to us at [email protected] so we can assist you in accessing this data.

Phil B.

More powerful than I know

Reviewed on 2017/02/18

Intervals is a great tool to track your projects, hours, tasks, etc. For us, it is a very easy tool to see our multiple projects and track our time across all of them. I do know that we are barely scratching the power of Intervals, but what we do use is great!

Pros

Cons

Not knowing all what it can do

Response from Pelago

Thanks for the review, Phil. We're glad that Intervals is a good fit for your organization. In case you haven't noticed, we've launched a new look. it's called Modernistic and should make Intervals even easier to use than before. It can be found in the Themes section under Settings & Defaults.

Cheers,
John

Lucille L.

This is my second round with Intervals. I love it.

Reviewed on 2017/05/16

Pros

Easy to use. Great reporting. Lots of options. Easy to share info with others. Invoicing function is great. Repository is great.

Response from Pelago

Lucille, thank you for the glowing review. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

Leif L.

I have used Intervals for many years now, there must be a reason...

Reviewed on 2016/12/18

Being an R&D Manager this on-line tool has helped me a lot in my work. Project planning, task management, time tracking, graphical presentation, tables and lots of useful tools; It's all here. I have used it in various companies and the own one-man consultancy. I appreciate That it is easy to change the plan and cost as the needs change in terms of the number of projects and co-workers. Sometimes I have looked for alternative similar solutions but found Intervals being very good and cost-effective for my needs. I can always show good facts for senior management or customers when needed. It's easy for the team to allocate, prioritize and manage tasks with Intervals. I really recommend it!

Response from Pelago

Leif, thank you for the thoughtful review and your years of commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. And we appreciate the recommendations!

Liz S.

An accommodating team that provides excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2019/01/11

Intervals is very easy to use and intuitive. The level of customer service that the Intervals team provides is really my favorite part of the experience. If you have a question, recommendation or comment, the Intervals team is very easy to get in touch with and responsive. The team also listens to your recommendations and provides guidance or edits to the system based on your needs.

Pros

It is very intuitive and easy to navigate. There is more than one way to accomplish something and features that simplify what you're trying to accomplish.

Cons

From my experience, Intervals is not the best software to use for accounting purposes. I'm still learning my way around the software though.

Pamela G.
  • Industry: Human Resources

DCSI Review

Reviewed on 2017/02/17

Overall this tool has done what we need it to do. I would like to see QuickBooks integration at the click of a button. Also, without a 'live chat' or phone number to call, customer support in inadequate.

Pros

The price and ease of installation.

Cons

Lack of customer support

Response from Pelago

Thank you for taking the time to review Intervals. We appreciate the feedback. We do our best to provide quick responses using email support, but we can understand how a live chat or phone number may be more adequate. We've made note of this idea. Meanwhile, we'd love to hear more about how we can make our QuickBooks integration more intuitive. Please feel free to follow up with us at [email protected]

Nick M.
  • Industry: Design

A lot of power if you have the time to harness it

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

Not a big fan of this solution, however forced to use it with a client. Its power lies in reporting and billing

Pros

Its reporting features are I believe what keeps it a competitor.

Cons

The UI is not up to par for a tool in this day and age. Everything seams to take 2 or 3 steps, things you would expect should be simple are often counter intuitive.

Josh L.

Intervals Tickets

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

Works and functions well for what we use it for.

Pros

We use this software for our ticketing system and works really well minus some work arounds.

Cons

I wish it was more customizable and had the owner listed in the task list.

Whitney H.

Get as granular as you want

Reviewed on 2016/09/30

We've been using Intervals since we were a 3 person studio and find it a solid, reliable way to keep track of project time and tasks. The team finds it easy to learn and use, and i like the variety and options of running reports.

Only recently did we start using the "subtasks" checklist to group items together and not drive ourselves crazy - a great move. We will set up templates using this method, to give each new similar project a good head start on what needs to be done, in what order, and in what time period.

I appreciate being able to set time estimates so the producers know how they are tracking against budgeted time. The new dashboard helps us get a big picture of the budget. I hope the next evolution of this tool will allow for improved PPM (Project Portfolio Management) so the project managers can see where we have gaps in our schedule and an opportunity to shift work around or accept more.

Pros

Reliable up time, easy to learn, variety of reports available

Cons

Can't really manage the portfolio of projects (seeing across team members and tasks to understand where we have capacity).

Response from Pelago

Thank you for the review and feedback. It's great to hear how Intervals is helping your agency.

I wanted to point out a relatively recent report we created, called the Resource Allocation Report. This report will provide some lightweight resource planning help.

It works by dividing up the task estimates across the days its scheduled and the people assigned to complete it. This should help seeing current capacity across tasks and projects.

Regards,
John

Tom G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great solution for our needs

Reviewed on 2016/09/13

I first became aware of Intervals when I worked on a client project. From there, I signed our company up and find it to be an excellent tool to track time, log hours, and produce both internal and client reports. Its flexibility and ease of use put Intervals in a class all its own in my opinion. Works great for our needs

Pros

The ease of use to create client tasks and then log time according to the task. Each time log has a description, which is very helpful to our clients so they can see how their billed time was spent.

Cons

We have found no cons regarding how we use Intervals. If we were to expand our use into other areas we are not currently using, we may encounter functionality that is not as expected.

Response from Pelago

Tom, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

Cynthia D.

Great Time Tracking Management for Development Shops

Reviewed on 2016/09/14

We've tried so many time tracking systems and Intervals has been meeting our needs for our software development, project manage and support teams for about 3 years now.

Pros

easy of use and flexibility to really address our needs in time tracking.

Cons

would like ability to tie specific tasks together to be able to show A needs to be done before B. there are workaround using task statuses, due dates and milestones, though.

Response from Pelago

Cynthia, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

We appreciate your thoughts on tying tasks together and we can see how that would help with your workflow. We've made note of this idea.

Amazing tool!!!!

Reviewed on 2014/09/04

I became a user of this tool 5 months ago.
I am a Computer Science Engineer and have been involved in project management for 15 years.
I was looking for a project management tool for our 30 people company because we manage more than 500 projects per year. This search took me more than 8 years, testing ALL kind of tools. Some of them were good but none of them fit us 100% (or, at least, 85%).
I am a SaaS believer and this was one point I was not going to avoid.
I found Intervals and gave me a great feeling since the first time.
The user interface is very intuitive so that our learning procedure was easy for all kind of our users.
And second point was functionality. The data model is perfect and you are able to manage all kind of situations without a problem.
Reports are wonderful and you are able to get all kind of important information to decide whether a client/project is interesting or not.
Other of our requirements was tracking time. And this is something that this tool allows you without any problem.
We were also looking for a tool that uses a Calendar view, because it gives users the possibility to organize themselves in an easy way. This is something that works great in this tool too.
There´s much more we can say, but I recommend you to test it and decide by yourself.

Pros

Calendar view.
Data model.
Tracking time.
Reporting.
Performance (never shuts down...).
User interface.
Support (when you propose or notify a bug, the answer is surprisingly fast!!).

Cons

Approving time tracking permissions.

Jenny M.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Flexible time and task management software

Reviewed on 2019/04/29

Intervals helped our team organize our projects and keep the scope under control by accurately tracking our time and comparing it to estimates. It also allowed accurate invoicing and reporting for happier clients.

Pros

Intervals stood out because it made it easy to break down large projects by tasks and keep a close eye on the scope. We've had projects fail due to scope creep before and Intervals really helped to nip that in the bud.

We really liked the ability to manage tasks by milestone, allocate resources, and set a budget for each project. Comparing the estimated time to the actual time taken on each task has been tremendously helpful and we are now much more mindful of how we spend every second of our time.

Speaking of time, the time tracking feature is very complete and allows us to accurately invoice without shocking our clients with unexpected billings.

Cons

The UI looked like it was designed purely by developers, but the team has been working hard at revamping the entire thing and it now looks a lot cleaner and professional. We also struggled to keep our inboxes clear with the hoard of email updates we'd get from Intervals.