Bill4Time

4.7/5

Jason
Jason
  • Industry: Law Practice

Clean, easy to use billing software

Reviewed on 2017/10/05

Its a billing program and is extremely effective at billing. I find no "cons" when comparing to other billing programs I've looked at. I'd love more practice management functionality--but I don't see that as the main purpose/use of this program.

Pros

The program is clean, simple, and available anywhere through the web and various applications for mobile devices. New users are easy to setup and manage. Reporting functions are easy to manage. Downtime is a non-issue. Reports are easy to run and provide the information we need to keep a pulse on our firm's billings, collections, and associated compensation models. There are also easy reports to provide for accountability of time keepers. Invoicing is easy as well and so is receiving payments. We also use the trust accounting functionality which helps us keep on top of retainers. Another popular billing program we looked at tried to charge us about 5 times the cost of our average user, merely because one report regarding collections was critical to our internal compensation model. We've used Bill4Time for our billing needs for over 5 years, and many of our attorneys used it before we formed our firm. Its solid, simple, and easy to use.

Eric

Great Product and Support

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

Overall, I am pleased. The software is very easy to use to track time and expenses. Support is very good. The accounting features take some learning and could be made easier. Nice integration with Box too.

Pros

The software has a lot of useful features such as allowing you to bill by the hour, flat, or contingency. I use all three fee arrangements so this feature is crucial.

Cons

In terms of the user interface, it is not the most appealing software. Everything is basically blue, white, or grey. There is a helpful dashboard, but overall, it might benefit from some redesigning.

Tabs3

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

Zoho Books was too difficult to use and is not designed with attorneys in mind; whereas, Bill4Time is.

Zoho Books

Reasons for Switching to Bill4Time

I really wanted a stand alone timekeeping program and didn't need the case management features that come with others. Tabs3 too pricey. Other software couldnt accommodate contingency fee billing.
Wes

iPhone Version is Not Ready for Prime Time

Reviewed on 2015/12/13

I have had the trial version of Bill4Time installed on my iPhone for two weeks. I am working as a solo practitioner between GC positions, and I just wanted an app that could act like a clock in my pocket, easily tracking time billed to clients. Bill4Time in the iPhone has several problems. If you shut off the app before hitting the "save" key, it loses the time (the entire data entry) for the time you are tracking. The clock that shows at the top of the screen only counts time while the iPhone is awake (although you find out later that the time was actually being counted in the background even though the time count of the face of the app was wrong). You can not over-ride time entries with corrected time or make time entries that were not clocked by the app itself on the iPhone. Those are only a few of the problems I found with it. The iPhone app must not have been beta tested with a large number of users to catch these flaws, because they should have been easy to correct. Since this app has been in use for several months now (as of December 12, 2015), they also should have had time to fix the flaws and re-release the software. This indicates a team that is not supporting their product with needed releases. In fairness, I did not call customer service because I am not interested in waiting until beta test flaws are corrected and re-released.

LeeAnn
  • Industry: Law Practice

Hassle free experience is key

Reviewed on 2023/12/21

Hassle free, efficient, user friendly, and helpful.

Hassle free, efficient, user friendly, and helpful.

Pros

The responsiveness, knowledge base, and plain kindness from the support team is unparalleled. I am willing to pay for having a team I can easily communicate with; that isn’t speaking to a third party and translating third party answers back to me. The direct contact with someone who knows what they are doing is way more efficient than other business models.

Cons

My record keeping has to be in a specific format that B4T does not have functionality for- but the staff is having a Zoom meeting with me to try and work it out so really I have no complaints!

Amber

Bill4Time Fan1

Reviewed on 2024/02/09

Pros

We like the ease of being able to track time, generate invoices, send invoices, and track payments very quickly!

Cons

There isn't a phone number to call for immediate help that we are aware of.

LawPay
Heather
  • Industry: Legal Services

Bill4Time is a fantastic solution for managing the financial functions of your legal practice

Reviewed on 2023/12/19

We LOVE Bill4Time. I have been using this product for almost 10 years and it has just gotten better and better. There are many ways to do simple tasks, find information, sync with QuickBooks Online, access info from anywhere, and great customer service if there is an issue.

Pros

Bill4Time is user friendly, easy to implement, great customer service, great platform, minimal glitches or issues on the user side.

Cons

The statements we send out can be time consuming to create, but I think there is a recent update we need to investigate to see if its a better option for our process.

Neos, Clio and TimeSolv Legal Billing
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Why you need this Product

Reviewed on 2023/12/28

My experience with Bill4Time is always a good one, I am able to navigate directly where I need to go and input the figures and information I need to input and when I am ready easily generate a professional looking statement or invoice that I can be proud of.

Pros

What I like the most about Bill4Time is the ease of use and its simplicity.

Cons

Nothing! I only have high praises for this product and is why I have been a user for the last almost 8 years.

Al

Al's Review

Reviewed on 2023/12/19

Pros

Ease of use and its overall reliability.

Cons

Statements needed to be improved (new Beta an improvement)

Wantemwa

Good experience with Bill4Time

Reviewed on 2024/01/25

Excellent experience. The Application has proved excellent in workflow management

Pros

Its user friendly and efficient. In addition the customer service responds timely and resolves any queries promptly

Cons

I would hope for a system that would integrate with say sharepoint so that at the point of commencing to work it prompts a user a open the Bill4Time Application to avoid episodes of inadvertence to log in

Midgett

Reviewed on 2023/08/16

Excellent experience. Client payments are on-time.

Excellent experience. Client payments are on-time.

Pros

As a solo practitioner every moment of time is essential. Bill4Time's intuitive system makes tracking every entry simple. Clients can review invoices that speak directly to the time & effort that I record.

Cons

Everything works fantastic. No complaints at all.

Ashton

Bill4Time was the perfect solution for my company

Reviewed on 2020/11/03

When my business started up I was tracking time with a spreadsheet. Creating invoices became an all-day project. Now my bookkeeper can do batch invoices essentially with a touch of a button and the printer spits out 30 to 50 invoices each time we do billing. Tracking my client's projects is easy and I'm not missing any billable time. Incidentally, I can change any project to a flat fee rate with ease. Early on I needed a lot of help with the software and called the support staff who were very helpful and took the time to show me what I needed. Even now that I've been using the software for a few years the support people are easy to reach and are just as helpful. I feel that is so important to be able to reach an actual person who can help you.

Pros

My company has over 150 clients each of which has numerous projects. As my company grew it became more difficult to manage the growing number of clients and track the time spent on each project. Therefore billing my clients became a more difficult and time-consuming process. This product handles mass invoicing which allows me to invoice more often and also track receivables and payments. I especially like that when I have to call for support I actually reach a human who can help me.

Cons

I can't really think of anything that I dislike about the product. Most issues can be resolved with a phone call to support.

Richard

Tejera Review 11/15/21

Reviewed on 2021/11/15

Billing and collecting is a lot easier

Billing and collecting is a lot easier

Pros

The time tracking feature is fine. I wish that you would help filling out the description of the billing by, for example, entering Telephone Conference when I click on the type of service rendered; Review when I click on Review; Correspondence when I click on Correspondence, etc. The billing becomes a problem when you begin to prepare an Invoice and then you can't go back to it because it is in "Pre-Billing"

Cons

Putting together a bill is not as easy as it should be. It should be easier to put together a bill.

Shana
Shana

We have had a small law firm for over 5 years now. We use Bill4Time to do all of our billing.

Reviewed on 2017/10/05

The main benefit is a completely easy to use and easy to implement billing software that allows the overall billing process to be smooth and efficient for both our firm and our clients.

Pros

The best thing about Bill4Time is that it is so easy to use and you can access it from anywhere. I can work on client billing and invoices from home or on the road and do not have to worry about making sure my laptop is with me. It provides the LEDES invoice formats that our clients require for us to submit our bills electronically to them and creating the LEDES files is just the click of a button. Then you can also create a PDF file of the invoice just as easily. It is extremely simple to change the settings and customize it to fit your exact type of business. The website usually runs flawlessly with very little downtime, if ever. Bill4Time offers many features. It is easy to search for clients, matters, or invoices within the program. Any information you need that is in the program is at your fingertips ready to bring up with just a few clicks.

Jennifer

Great for Sole Practitioners needing task management and billing software

Reviewed on 2021/05/04

It's completely changed my practice. I no longer get distracted and find time slipping by without billing. I track my billings now and meet targets. It's the "assistant" I have been looking for.

Pros

It is exactly what I need. Most of the task management software for lawyers is designed for litigation and big firms. I needed more of a task management software that would help me keep track of matters and clients and deadlines, but not all of the bells and whistles and certainly not at the price of other companies. Bill4time is the exact software I need - it actually makes me more efficient and helps my focus - it keeps me on task and has improved my follow up with clients.

Cons

The name - I initially thought it was just a billing software but it is so much more.

Paul

How I increased my billing with Bill4Time

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Customer support is great. Rarely do I need it, but there is always a human being on the phone to help me. Entering my billing is both quick and easy, and it has increased my billing in that I regularly bill my cases each day and add in the short phone calls, quick memos, etc.

Pros

It is so easy to use. At the end of each workday, I try to bill for all the cases handled that day. Bill4Time encouraged me to bill for even .25 hrs. because those phone calls add up. Without a billing system I would not even enter a short phone call into my files.

Cons

Not Applicable. I am a big fan of the software.

Melissa

A great billing program

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

I have been using bill for time for several years now. I would not continue to use it if it was not a great program to use.

Pros

I tried two or three different programs before finally deciding on Bill for time. It is very easy to learn for my staff . It's very professional looking. You can pull all the reports you need.I think what I love the best about it is being able to write a note copy and put it in the billing section and getting it all done at one step.

Cons

I guess the least thing I like about the program is on the notes I would like to be able to pull up all the notes on one client and print them all out at one time.

Kathleen

I LOVE Bill4Time

Reviewed on 2023/05/02

Pros

Bill4Time keeps my time and expenses and creates my invoices in an organized, simplified way at a fraction of the cost of other software. Their human customer service is a huge plus.

Cons

The one drawback of the software is that when you are running several matters for a single client, the system shows them according to the kind of work you are doing (drafting, advise, etc) instead of the matter name.

• Industry: Legal Services

Billing is easier with this software!

Reviewed on 2018/08/09

Pros

We used Bill4time to charge our clients that are using our representation services. Personally, I mostly use it in the Iphone application that you can easily download in your appstore. This software allows you to keep tracking of the time you are investing in each client and it has a lot of descriptions and matters that you can use in order to describe it in your invoice to the client. The app is very easy to understand and is super practical for tracking the time. The software is very friendly in terms of its dashboard and the addition of clients to the database. I also use the function of internal time to track the time I invest in some managerial functions for our own Firm control in order to find ways to elevate our productivity.

Cons

There are some matters missing in the App and you need to use miscellaneous options in order to categorize it which takes you some time.

Cassandra

Fantastic Customer Support

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

We're a small business that relies on dependable and trusted partners. The main reason we have been with Bill4Time for more than 5 years is its superior customer service. We are always able to get answers when we need them.

Pros

The Bill4Time Customer Support Team is fantastic. Within seconds I always get an answer to my questions. I love the chat feature and all of the representatives are incredibly friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.

Cons

Some of the reporting features could be improved.

Tom
  • Industry: Railroad Manufacture

Project Management Software

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

As I stated, tracking client projects time and expenses is a snap, also report running is simple and quick. Summaries of all types are easy to determine and obtain reports for, we just love it!

Pros

The ease of data entry is second to none. We have been users of Bill4Time for more than 8 years now and honestly we are so grateful to have found this software. It makes our project management seamless. Reports are a click of a button to manage project time and expenses.

Cons

I can't think of a single issue that have had. If problems are there, I don't know about them.

Tracy
  • Industry: Design

Bill 4 Time changed my life

Reviewed on 2020/01/02

I'm in love. I've told every one of my freelance designer friends about it. It is invaluable to me.

Pros

The software is SOOO easy to use. It has saved hours and hours of time each month on my billing and has helped me gain more than a 30% increase in my billable hours. I also love being able to pull reports. I can get an excellent picture of how much I'm billing, who I'm billing, who has NOT paid me, etc. It has absolutely been the most significant game-changer in my business.

Cons

Honestly there is nothing that I don't like about the software.

Nanci
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Bill4Time is worth your time

Reviewed on 2017/11/28

I searched for a duel timekeeping and accounting software for almost a year before I settled on Bill4Time. It is the only one I found that did both well. Avoiding the time it takes to move timekeeping records into an accounting program every month is a fantastic feature!

Pros

This software is fantastic! It's affordable and the support is the best I've ever had from any company. It is intuitive and is easy to figure out if you've made an error anywhere in your accounting.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve to the invoicing section but once it's set up you'll be grateful.

Lewis

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2023/12/20

The product is easy to use and provides good, real time data.

The product is easy to use and provides good, real time data.

Pros

Ease of use and intuitive. Input of time and expenses is easy for all users.

Cons

Formatting of some reports and that it does not integrate with my clients' billing vendors (Bottomline, etc.)

Michelle

Practice Growing

Reviewed on 2023/08/20

It allowed me to expand my practice by helping keep track of things I was having problems with.

Pros

It has allowed me to actually keep track of and collect the money I made.

Cons

I wish there was better integration with google calendar and other products.

Dana
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reliable and easy to use

Reviewed on 2023/10/19

Excellent

Excellent

Pros

It integrates with my payment system, it is very intuitive and creating invoicing is simple.

Cons

More categories for time tracking would be nice