Ben K.

Competitive edge

Reviewed on 2016/09/21

We have been using GeoOp for more that 2 years at Total Underground Solutions and it has given us a competitive edge over our opposition in the Underground Infrastructure sector. Being paperless is a great selling point for our customers with real time reporting and easy access to our scheduling it gives the customer comfort in knowing that they can see real time progress.

Pros

Scheduling
Xero Partner
Armada GPS Partner
Deputy Partner

Cons

Whilst out on the field it is only as fast as the Mobile Internet service provider.

Brock S.

After years of use, they will take your money and not care for you

Reviewed on 2021/02/10

Terrible

Pros

At first is great, but give it a couple years. They will use all of your information that you use them to hold for you as hostage to take more money off you

Cons

Lies and greed. We use Geoop which is owned by some people for years. We have thousands of jobs booked in with histories, photos, clients, everything. They then tell us that GeoOp is becoming redundant and that they are NOT going to spend any more time to fix it up and that I should switch to GeoNext. The reason all this became is that GeoOp is starting to have some really bad Bugs. Sales person randomly calls me up. Tells me that because I have so much information on Geoop that I would only have to pay for GeoNext and I would be able to use GeoOp to retain all of my information. Reason for this is because they don't have anything coded into the apps to allow direct transfer of all information across. It means I would have to manually re-create every job my team have ever done, input any notes in the system, copy any photos and attach to each job. I reckon if I did it full time it would take me 6 months non-stop. So because they gave me that deal I agreed and I switched over to GeoNext straight away. Guess who is saying that they would never say anything like that. And before Geo tries to tear this apart and disguise their lies. This was not one sentence the guy spoke. We spoke about how I would buy GeoNext and utilise GeoOp as information storage for free for ages. Now they are telling me I have to pay them double and if I don't then I will loose all my information I use to keep my bookings. All my jobs. ALL OF IT!! Dirty

Response from Geo

Hi Brock.

Thank you for reaching out. As we discussed when you originally contacted us directly, customers who opt for a GeoNext subscription receive GeoOp for free during the entire migration process. I apologize if this was still left unclear.

Additionally GeoOp is in legacy support, which means we are still developing bug fixes, security updates and quality of life improvements.

Finally, Geo does not delete your data upon a lapse of your subscription, and will keep it within our system for several years unless specifically requested to delete it. You need never fear your data will be lost at the end of your subscription.

I can see you have posted this same review to multiple review sites and that the team has tried reaching out to you a number of times. If you would please get in contact with our support department we'd be happy to address any concerns you may have

Renato C.

Greatly recommended!

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

Pros

From creating jobs to sending quotes and what is best is that integrates very well with XERO.

I love the fact that it gets constantly updated with new functionalities ! Highly recommended

Cons

Can't find any so far, especially now that the UI has been updated.

Andrew P.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Unreliable, has so much potential but always having issues with tech support

Reviewed on 2015/09/28

I have been using geeop for over a year and nothing but issues and just having to find work arounds. I give the tech support (Daniel) credit that they acknowledge the issues quickly but getting them fixed can take days or weeks.

1) today is Monday, our busiest day for scheduling and geoop is down again, i can't create any jobs, i can't assign any staff and nothing is saving. This would be a once a fortnight occurence

2) The app has delays, you can update a status in desktop (new enquiry, booked etc) and it may not change in the app for hours, even when refreshed.

3) The desktop system can appear that you are logged in, when you start creating a job and then try to save it, it appears you are timed out and you have lost all that data that you have entered.

4) When you drag one visit from one day to another, the time in the lower left hand corner of the visit stays the same so it can make it confusing when letting customers know when their actual time is.

- these are just 4 ongoing issues that i can think of, there have been over 30 emails to tech support from our company.

It is really difficult having to work around this program and look forward to finding another solution soon for our staff. Its consumed well over an hour of our day today with no productivity and does not help streamline anything at all. The company appears to release un-tested updates that cause more issues than previous, wait for the complaints to come in then work around fixing them.

Really disappointed in this software and look forward to finding an alternative, we can't keep running our business like this.

Pros

- integration with XERO. but even this has had its issues in the past.

Cons

- slow and unreliable, constant crashing
- app and desktop issues syncing (especially times and flags)
- inability to remove days from calendar (we all use macbooks with 11" or 13" small screens and you have to see SAT/SUN on the calendar) which is a wast of 20% of our screen.
- clients have to be assigned a physical address when creating them, even though we have no need for one to be entered. Each time we have to make something up.
- i could go on...

Response from GeoOp

Hello Andrew – I am very sorry to hear about the problems you have been experiencing. Yesterday we did experience some intermittent performance spikes and these have now all been resolved.

I will get our head of support to contact directly today and discuss, can you please email [email protected] - Attention Gareth Bristow, and include your business name and contact number so we can call you as soon as possible.

Kindest Regards

Hakim T.

Geoop

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

We are in service industry of providing tech visit to resolve ADSL and internet issue for Home Users.

We are using Geoop to schedule our daily Tech visit with our clients.
Geoop has being of great help in scheduling our daily visits and helped us know which tech team is scheduled for which client.

Pros

Easy of Use.
GPS location
Reports
Easy Scheduling

Cons

Cant integrate with company ERP or accounting system for Invoicing

Chris T.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 2016/09/21

GeoOp has saved me at least 15 hours a week, it lets me manage my work scheduling with ease. The mobile app makes it easy for my staff to use.
Invoicing is no a breeze and it works seamlessly with Xero

Pros

Customer support is great and ease of use

Cons

A little slow to update changes, a few additional features would be good.

Simple & Powerful Job Management & Scheduling App

Reviewed on 2016/08/12

Business is in the home health industry providing care services. Used GeoOp to replace spreadsheet & whiteboard scheduling and improve overall field personnel job management and scheduling.

Pros

(1) Easy-to-use mobile & desktop applications
(2) Can create repeating job schedules
(3) Ability to send SMS to clients/staff from the web browser
(4) GPS tracking for jobs/staff
(5) Can add photos w/ unlimited storage
(6) Works with all kinds of mobile phones/ tablets

Cons

(1) Needs to have offline feature
(2) Would be nice to improve layout by providing customisation options

Response from GeoOp

Thanks for your review and feedback!

Madelaine L.

Great Tool

Reviewed on 2016/09/20

We use GeoOp for running our hot water business, it is great to use very easy for the tradies and office staff. We can send out quotes to clients whilst in their home, we can send people photos of their job if they live interstate and have a rental property.

Pros

Extremely user friendly, we have staff that have never used any type of phone or ipad before and they are very good with GeoOp.

Cons

The site crashes regularly when our tradesman are trying to upload their notes into the job, ultimately not saving.

Andrew B.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Constant issues, crashing and login issues.

Reviewed on 2017/02/19

Be prepared to not be able to login. Here we are today, monday morning and once again none of my staff can login. All are sitting in the office meant to be in jobs and neither the desktop app or native iOS app and can't login. Im sick and tired after being with this company for over 2 years now with all the support issues. They recently sent an email that Geoop was migrating to a new server to fix all these issues, since that (about 4 weeks ago) there have been more issues than ever before.

I wouldn't recommend this platform to anyone until its stable, sadly i feel caught up in its ecosystem and haven't found another solution. More than happy for anyone to ask any questions about the service and ill happily respond.

Pros:

Hooks up to Xero.

Cons:

Not reliable.

Just waiting for clients to call me today and tell me my fortune when we don't turn up to jobs as we can't open the calendar.

This isn't an isolated event.

Prepare to be disappointed.

Pros

Xero compatible.

Cons

unreliable, constant crashing, saving issues. empty promises.

Gina C.

Geoop

Reviewed on 2016/09/20

We've used Geoop for nearly 2 years now. Its integration with Xero is awesome, it means no double handling of time and parts. Its easy to use for the guys on the road, and in the office for administrators.

Pros

Easy to use, great integration with Xero

Cons

Reporting isn't so great.

Olvier G.

Our management Solution!

Reviewed on 2016/04/12

After nearly giving up on trying to find a way to manage my plumbers, I decided to sign up to GeoOp on their free trial. This is the best thing I've done this year! It was easy as to get started and one of the lovely ladies gave me a call to have a chat about me. I'm up and running now with geoop and no longer need to chase the boys up on where they are and constantly call then.

Thanks Guys!

Response from GeoOp

That's awesome to hear, Olvier. We're happy to help you managing the boys on the field. Cheers!

Reuben S.

Reviewed on 2016/06/16

Duncan M.
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Reviewed on 2015/06/16

GeoOp is so easy to organise teams each day and jobs get done on time. All our data is stored in the cloud and our team can access the job information in the filed and provide us with accurate updates. The service desk is brilliant with both phone and email support.

Lina J.

We are still getting used to it

Reviewed on 2016/07/19

We have been having few issues with the tool and still in learning face. Not able to provide a full recommendation as yet. Customer support is definitely what has helped us a lot.

Pros

Is quite easy to use, really good for the people on the road

Cons

There is still room for improvement specially from the reporting point of view. The reporting should be more accurate and it should report from the latest shedule and not from the templates.

Response from GeoOp

Hi, Lina! Thanks for your considerations. To streamline your learning phase we can offer a free training session. One of our Product Specialists will get in touch with you soon. Hope that helps! Cheers, Leo.

Kylie O.

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

Bronie N.

Geoop appraisal

Reviewed on 2016/09/21

Very handy, easy to use, easy to add information , makes managing our jobs a breeze! We have a staff of 16 electricians, and we used to on a handwritten paper system with job cards, now everything can be done on the staff phones and is easy for them to upload photos, coc's and other information about the job. The Audio feature on the app is great so they don't have to text in the description, plus on the work report we can get exactly what hours they have done this week, for payroll.
Has met most of our expectations.

Pros

Customer detail provision,
Timesheet report
Audio feature

Cons

Can't upload when not on line (we have signal issues here in wehangarei and nothing can be added if the signal is out) would be great if we could still enter the data on the app itself and it would upload when in signal.
Inventory not on app itself only oline.
Cant report or print out list of whats billed and whats not, atleast I havent figured out how to do this in reporting

Vrnda P.

A good simple app for job management

Reviewed on 2016/09/21

I used GeoOp almost every day - the company I work for is a plumbing company with 9 employees and we use GeoOp for scheduling jobs, tracking time spent on jobs, pricing jobs and keeping track of all materials used. It's very simple and easy to use. I would say it's very good for what it does, striking a reasonable balance between being user friendly and having tons of features.

Pros

- Very easy to use and simple
- Works well with iOS
- Clean app design
- Plays well with xero

Cons

- Doesn't work that well with Android OS
- API for Armada is a bit buggy and doesn't always work
- Not a huge array of features (more colour tabs would be nice, and ability to edit and arrange where items appear on an invoice generated through GeoOp to make it look nice would be good)

Margarita E.

Geo op assists us to double income in just 6 months

Reviewed on 2014/01/08

Prior to starting with Geo op we were really struggling to manage our business using fragmented and outdated systems to try an manage our scheduling of jobs, contractors, customer information and invoicing. We literally hit a stage were we couldn't grow any bigger as it was taking all out time 7 days a week just to manage the jobs we had.

We started using Geo op in April 2013 and it totally changed the way we were able to manage our business. Within 6 months we managed to double the number of customers we have and double the size of our Monthly turnover. Plus we now spend approx 20 hours a week less time on the administration and management of our business compared to when we operated without Geo op and half the number of customers.

To achieve those sort of results in just 6 months is beyond our wildest expectations but without doubt it would not have been impossible without Geo op and the support they provided us to get the system up and running quickly. We now have a real growth plan and confidence that with Geo op we have the ability to double our business in size again and still be able to manage this growth.

We would not hesitate to highly recommend any service related business get on board and start using Geo op and especially anyone just starting out in business to commence with Geo op from day one. It will be the best business tool you have.

Caitlin L.

GeoOp for my property maintenance company

Reviewed on 2016/09/20

GeoOp helps us keep track of time, materials, assign work orders, and overall makes my life easier b having everything I need to look back on, on the app. I'm grateful we chose this app over other time management options.

Pros

Ease of use, helpful customer service, good customizable features

Cons

I'm not too fond of the time change if you need support (they are based in New Zealand), and while I find it easy to use, my employees continually have issues with it on their tablets in the field. I cannot say that's completely GeoOp's fault, however.

• Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

GeoService - Waste of Time and Money

Reviewed on 2018/07/09

Pros

Potential is there and it could benefit alot of businesses, however this offshoot to GeoOp is a total waste of money as it doesn't do what you pay them for.

Cons

Everything, your information goes missing randomly, none of the search engines work so finding things is time consuming. The engineering team will not help you without video evidence. Management are rude and arrogant. what is a glorified filing app as that is all it does.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Unusable and unr5

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

Waste of time and money, my over all experience with geoop has been so frustrating and been happening for mouths with no sign of a resolution in sight.

Pros

It is easy to use when it's working.....

Cons

Its buggy and has loads of problems, says it saves when I hasn't, constantly freezing, kicking you out, and the customer service is hopeless and unhelpful.

They just aren't spending time of money on the maintenance of there app.

Sophie B.

GeoOp Review

Reviewed on 2015/09/15

We love GeoOp! It allows us to plan jobs months ahead and keeps track of multiple site visits, has a great integration with Xero and we can collect signatures and quotes on the spot, we could not live without it. I used to spend hours on paperwork but now i have more time and can spend it with my kids. It saves workers time so that we can have that work and life balance.

Pros

Job tracking and scheduling, the integration with xero, we can do everything on the spot which allows you to save so much time

Anokin E.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Technique Electrical

Reviewed on 2021/03/17

Excellent

Pros

Once I learnt how to use the software it helps me monitor everything very easily, and not fall behind any jobs.
Its user friendly, and helps to keep our business ahead of invoices.

Cons

No software is great and couldn't find faults with it

Jules S.

We love Geoop !

Reviewed on 2016/02/16

Since we found geoop we have saved a lot of time on invoicing, we no longer have to chase up the boys for job updates and I have managed to spend more time with my family which is great. Would recommend to any cleaning business. Support-wise geoop has been fantastic in helping us out with our new business.

Response from GeoOp

Thanks Jules - Glad to hear its all going well

• Industry: Management Consulting

Revolutionary software!

Reviewed on 2015/06/07

We have been using GeoOp for over a year now and we find it fantastic! Everybody has more time and less stress. We have reduced the amount of paper in circulation and have everything stored in one place, it has changed our business for all of the right reasons and is the biggest factor in our continued growth!