iCIMS Recruit Reviews

iCIMS Recruit

Applicant tracking and recruiting software

4.3/5 (656 reviews)

Review on iCIMS Recruit module

Reviewed on 2019/04/10

Our overall experience with iCIMS is amazing. With the help of iCIMS, we gain a bigger pool of candidates from different sources, we manage well of the applications within the system and we build up a stronger talent pool for our company.

Pros

- expand our reach to wider groups of candidate: iCIMS has partnered with Google job and other free job aggregators, that job posting function helps us to reach more candidates, we do see a significant growth of quality candidate profiles for our job openings. It is very cost effective and it saves so much time on populating our jobs on different portals.
- navigate with ease within the platform: it is very easy to pull out different applications and review the resume and cover letter. I like the tabs which are very clear and categorise information in good order
- Very good customer support team: Whenever I call the iCIMS customer support team, there is always someone on the phone and solves the problem for us. The customer ambassadors are professional, friendly and knowledgeable.

Cons

Overall, I would say there is no big issue in my user experience when iCIMS. Just two minor things,
- When I move the candidate to the next bins in the recruitment workflow, I couldn't find an update button. If I reload the page, it will show up the main dashboard and I have to go back to the particular job profile again.
- The cover letter button does show as the same tab of resume, I have to go back to the candidate details tab and find out the cover letter. It will be great if I can see the resume and cover letter on the same tab.
Besides, we think that the hiring manager app may need more modification as right now the app doesn't equip with all the functions from a web version.

Response from iCIMS

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoy reading positive feedback and welcome constructive criticism to ensure we are meeting our customer's expectations. I'll be sure to share your feedback with the teams within iCIMS that will benefit from reading your thoughts.

Suzette D.

Tons of flexibility and options, takes time to fully understand and harness the power.

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

ICIMS has allowed us to address the separate needs of our Corporate hiring vs our Agent/Call-Center hiring through custom fields, custom reporting and custom dashboards. We have been able to integrate the various tools we need (Assessment, I9, Background check, etc) to reduce manual entry into diverse areas. When we do run into situations where we find a snag in the workflow, digging into it and talking it through, we have been able to find a solution within the platform either directly with a feature we missed (at implementation or a release since) or by adding customization to fields and workflow.

Pros

The software is highly customizable with the potential for a sizable (but ultimately limited) number of custom fields and even tabs for data above and beyond the core system. It has strong user group management for good control of access and even process, as dashboards/reporting is also tied per user group. Support is responsive with most of the support agents I've worked with knowing the answer or at least knowing enough to say 'I don't know, let me research and get back to you' and they have followed up without prompting. The reporting system is robust, if not intuitive to learn. Bi-directional email tracks back email conversations for audit trails. There is a strong user community fostered by ICIMS, including an Ideas forum where votes by the community on desired features can be tracked for potential implementation. Implementation of the recent and optional TextRecruit has added further ease of communicating with our candidates. New features are added regularly, though this takes some staying on top of to evaluate implementation and keep current.

Cons

Customized reporting is limited to full licenses, including something as simple as a date range change. They have some ability to make the dates relational to work around this (Today, yesterday, before today, this week, last week, this month, last month and so on), but it is imperfect. It would also be great to have added comparison reporting such as this year vs last year on a single dashboard graph. Reporting is complex to learn (but powerful once you get it).

Bi-directional email coding can cause email from us to the candidate to be direct at their end to SPAM which delays potential candidate interviews and prompts follow up inquiries from candidates already emailed that they were not selected to move forward.

The overwhelming flexibility means you need to both keep poking at pain points until you find the right solution for your organization and to stay on top of new release information to keep new features implemented where they make sense to your organization.

Elizabeth C.

Best functionality for objectively and automatically screening candidates

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

With iCIMS, we've become a much more effective and efficient recruiting team. We processed more than 5,000 applications in order to hire approximately 50 employees last year alone. Because of iCIMS' unique functionality, we've spent less time to make the same quality and higher quantity of hires. This is a huge win for our team and we're excited to share our success with others.

Pros

When searching for our organization's ATS, I demoed with A LOT of vendors. I was shocked that most relied on very crude initial screening mechanisms. Most were dependent on an HR's manager review of a a resume-- HR managers would give a thumbs up or thumbs down on whether or not to advance a candidate. We are a data-driven organization, and we prioritized an ATS that offered the functionality for us to objectively and automatically screen candidates. This functionally helps to minimize human biases while simultaneously weeding out irrelevant candidates; opening our organization to a diverse but targeted hiring pool. iCIMS was the only ATS that was able to offer us this critical functionality.

Cons

iCIMS is far and away the industry leader on critical aspects of functionality, however user-experience is not necessarily one of those aspects. It's a clunky system (feels a bit like Salesforce in that way), and not super intuitive on how to use. We've been able to workaround this, for the most part, by really streamlining how specific people interact with the platform.

Response from iCIMS

Hi Elizabeth! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoy reading positive feedback and welcome constructive criticism to ensure we are meeting our customer¿s expectations. I¿ll be sure to share your feedback with the teams within iCIMS that will benefit from reading your thoughts.

Sandra S.

Navigating the Options

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

IBP is able to employ technology that it didn't have two years ago and reach a wider applicant base. We have the capability to receive applications online, post and advertise our openings on a variety of job boards and most importantly, get our customers the workforce they need.

Pros

When building a new recruiting process and the technology around it, you need a partner with a strong background in the field and an even stronger support team. iCIMS delivers on both! Having the opportunity to configure pages, portals, fields...you name it, it can most likely be done. That means that your process is not only improving, but it's also getting the efficiency, reliability and back up it needs from the technology you're employing to help your company meet its recruiting needs, retain talent and up your employer brand.

Cons

With great power comes great responsibility and it's clear from the beginning that if you don't establish a clear path for your recruiting process, you can get swallowed up by all of the customization options with iCIMS. Sometimes, it's too much. Talking through your needs can help you establish a clear path forward. That is also true of introducing the platform to your users - a bit at a time is best to get buy-in - because there's just so much you can do!

Response from iCIMS

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review! We enjoy reading positive feedback and welcome constructive criticism to ensure we are meeting our customer¿s expectations. I¿ll be sure to share your feedback with the teams within iCIMS that will benefit from reading your thoughts.

Joanna H.

Feature Functionality is Great, Flexibility with Indeed needs improvemetn

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

We have been able to quantify on a week-over-week, and now year-over-year bases key factors such as the number of open positions per region versus the number of applicants, an average number of applicants per job by region, and many other key factors on the regional level. This is important as we now know and have been able to identify why the struggle to hire is greater on one region of the country versus another.

Pros

iCIMS provides us with the ability to manage the thousands of applicants we recevied each year for over 500 locations around the country. Our account teams can independently manage the applicants for their open positions, but we have full visibility to all activity and can choose to be as active in the process as necessary on a per-job level.

Cons

The majority of our employees are "front line" employees who are working at or close to minimum wage. We need a 1-click solution, and have not been able to do that using iCIMS. More than 70% of our applicants come across Indeed, and we have a real need for a 1-click solution, but that has not been negotiated between the two companies. By the time an applicant is asked create a password, provide information that is already on a resume (phone, address, email) and then start answering job questions, they abandon it. If they could simply click once from Indeed and send it directly to the specific job advertised, it would increase our application rates exponentially. Note this is true only for our front line positions, but again, they make up more than 90% of our job postings.

Megan S.

Great tool for customization

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Pros

iCIMS is highly customizable, which they will tell you themselves but they truly aren't kidding. We have been able to automate many of our recruiting and onboarding processes, which in turn has given time back to not only our corporate group but operations staff as well. As an iCIMS administrator, I love that I am able to make configuration changes myself, independent of iCIMS Customer Support, for a huge variety of functions. When there's a change that I don't know how to make, the Customer Support team will walk me through the steps so that I am empowered to make the change in the future. In instances where iCIMS Customer Support is required to make adjustments, due to limited administrator permissions, they are quick and responsive, ensuring little to no downtime.

Cons

The reporting function is not very intuitive or user friendly in the beginning. As you become more familiar with the software the reporting function becomes easier to use and is quite powerful but there is definitely a learning curve.

Response from iCIMS

Thank you for the awesome review, Megan! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you and your organization.

Great Software for Healthcare Recruitment

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

The software is giving a clear view of each stage what the candidate has to go through at the time of hiring. Mostly this is accurately imputed by each hiring manager or HR . The clear view of the process is giving a full understanding when the start date of the new hire might be and making manager aware of the education plan and orientation in the healthcare facility might be. All great info!

Pros

The software and program are really easy to use. I worked at San Antonio Regional Hospital in California with this software and I can say loudly and proudly that I recommend it . I used it daily to access any updates regard hiring process of my candidates or applicants of the position open in my department.

Cons

Not sure if they have mobile access. Being always on the go, sometimes between meeting you want to check on the processes, however, I never tried to access it because was no option given. Being in management I see this a way to improve because being always gone and not at your desk mobile access can give you a great view of the process of hiring.

Response from iCIMS

Thank you for the awesome review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we are happy to hear we hit the mark for you and your organization.

Britney H.

iCIMS Onboarding= Great Product!

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Overall the product is leaps and bounds better than where we came from! I do feel like the company is always striving to improve and connect- which makes it a nice working relationship.

Pros

I love that everything is electronic! It makes new hire paperwork so seamless- and the applicants love it also!

Cons

The reporting features are hard to use and configure. Once you figure them out- things are great- but until that point it can be difficult.

Erin E.

iCIMS Status Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall we are very happy with iCIMS for our recruiting needs.

Pros

One of the top features of iCIMS for a company's ATS are the statuses you can use during the recruitment process. Whether you use pre-made statuses, or create your own, it works as a wonderful way to organize candidates in a job posting to where they're at, or where you're at, in the hiring process.

Different statuses can also be used to integrate with other software and "kick off" actions outside of the system itself - for example, a video interview or a credit check authorization form.

The use of statuses really helped our team streamline the recruitment process, with any open position we were working on.

Cons

The reporting feature with iCIMS is not the most user-friendly set up. It is very customizable, and you can save past reports for future use, but the set up itself is not the most intuitive software, so you have to really go through piece by piece to make sure you're setting up a report for the information you're looking for.

7.0/10
Alex M.

Highly configurable, A+ Support

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

Couldn't be happier! Highly recommended.

Pros

The tech support and customer service at iCIMS is absolutely top-notch. I call in almost every day during these first six months after roll-out, which has been critical for our success.

Cons

The configurability allows us, for better or worse, to accommodate every possible scenario..which means standardizing processes is "too" possible. Not really a con...the only other thing is getting recruiting workflow and onboarding workflows to talk to each other on reporting.

Suzanne G.

Intuitive and to Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Overall this program has significantly simplified our process of screening candidates and moving them through the hiring process, which continues to improve as we learn the system. Customer service is excellent. Implementation went pretty smoothly, but if you are connecting to your HRIS, that adds a complicating layer depending on the vendor. I am happy with the product 15 months post implementation.

Pros

iCIMS was a big improvement for us over the previous recruiting program we used as part of our HRIS primarily due to ease of use and reduced time in our screening process. The layout is clean and easy to read, and once you understand how things are organized, it is simple to navigate the software. We use the onboarding feature, which has automated that process for us. Customer service has been excellent. Most of the time (99%), they resolve my issue in one brief phone call. Everything is customizable and there are many training resources available to users.

Cons

The layout of the candidates in "bins" can be a little confusing sometimes. There was a task we were trying to improve and finally found out how to do so but it took a few conversations to figure it out.

Response from iCIMS

Thank you for the awesome review, Suzanne!

Bree B.

Robust Tool with a Challenging Interface

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

We've worked hard on getting our sourcing solidified so we can truly see where our candidates are coming from.

Pros

Incredibly robust - most cases anything is possible and can make the system meet that need. Reporting, while difficult to understand at first, is strong and can report on almost any business need that arises. Love the customization when it comes to recruiter dashboards, what we find important, and messaging. First class customer service; love working with our client success manager to improve our use of the system.

Cons

It seems iCIMS is an ATS built with admins in mind which can make it a bit more confusing for Recruiters, especially those just getting started. It heavily relies on our administrators for some simple things in assisting our recruiting team (especially reports).
Our pricing went up drastically when we came around to sign our second contract.

Response from iCIMS

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoy reading positive feedback because we work hard to meet expectations like yours!

Michael R.

Best Applicant Tracking System!

Reviewed on 2018/01/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

What I like most about iCIMS is that their client service is by far some of the best I have ever encountered with a vendor. Anytime you need help their client support line is always available to help out and I have not had to wait longer than 5 minutes or so for an answer over the phone. Additionally, when you open a ticket with them on an issue you are having, they send you email correspondences for every update they have to share, which I appreciate because you are always in the know on how to move forward with issues you are having.

Cons

What I like least about iCIMS is that their focus is mainly as an applicant tracking system and not a full-service system that includes features like payroll, performance management, succession planning, etc. iCIMS has really mastered being a very reliable applicant tracking system, but they have room to improve moving forward as a full-service provider for companies.

Jeremy Z.

Awesome Mobile; Great Product to Build Around

Reviewed on 2016/09/22
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The mobile portion from the candidate side of things was really exciting - given the social aspect of recruiting, having a mobile-friendly app is a big plus. iCIMS also makes it really easy for hiring managers to be more involved in the process - in many cases, moreso than other products on the market - this translates to more hires, more quickly, and a better ROI.

Cons

I found that while working with this product at a past employer, there were problems with resume population. While this is commonplace among several softwares, this is really what stuck out here (when a resume was drawn in, the auto-populated fields were consistently misplacing information). Where this became a significant problem, was when candidates/applicants would then have to go through and manually correct and populate/paste their job titles, employer names, dates and work duties into the correct boxes after uploading a resume that was supposed to do this for them. It reflected poorly on us as an employer, and through meeting hundreds of candidates both in/formally, I found that many had abandoned their applications entirely because of this.

Allison H.

Sticking with iCIMS

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

So far, so good. We are sticking around for the long haul!

Pros

The database allows a lot of opportunity for various recruiting functions, including keeping notes, and updating candidates throughout the process. I like that everything is time stamped, which helps keep track of candidates and when they applied/were submitted. The different bins keep us organized.

Cons

Not able to store more than 1 resume per profile. The emails that come from iCIMS to external mail boxes look like spam: i.e.: <[email protected]>. This makes candidates think it's a spam bot, or because of phishing filters, it makes our emails go to spam folders, making our jobs harder.

Response from iCIMS

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoy reading positive feedback and welcome constructive criticism to ensure we¿re meeting our customer¿s expectations. Regarding the email issue, I recommend reaching out to your Customer Success Manager to find a solution for this issue.

7.0/10
Vicky O.

I love iCIMS Recruit!

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

We use iCIMS for all our recruiting needs and created a customized way to route consultants through the platform that does not disrupt the recruiters and provides accessibility to managers who hire their own consultants -- thanks to the support staff!

Pros

I love the customization capabilities that enable us to move candidates through the recruiting process, communicate with candidates and hiring managers, integrate our background check process, report metrics, and create guides, include attachments and links to our hiring assessments ... and the support is second to none!

Cons

I like the bi-directional email address string least. Candidates often comment on how it looks like Spam. I would love to see the email address appear without the additional clutter.

Meschelle W.

iCIMS Recruit Module

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

iCIMS Recruit is a solid ATS and it is easy to use. It has many features, and they are always working on ways to improve.

Pros

iCIMS is very robust and has good features. It is easy to navigate, and as the system administrator, I am able to make many edits and changes without having to engage iCIMS. There is the ability to use different login groups for different work flows, which makes it easy to limit and grant access. There is also attention to improving the platform and offering new features.

Cons

While there is a good amount that can be configured, there is not any way to have any customization. Sometimes that is a plus, but in some cases we have had to use work arounds to accommodate our workflow. Also, while there is a dedication to improving and adding features, many times there is an additional cost to add them, and that is hard to work in when budgets have already been set.

Amy H.

ICIMS Recruit Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

Our experience with ICIMS has been exceptional. It is easy to use and intuitive. The functionality is robust and ICIMS has created a tremendous product. You do it well!

Our implementation process was smooth. We didn't really have any issues. Those that we did were very minor and ur implementation specialist helped us through them. I would have liked to have more training as an administrator (on the backside/set up side of the system). I didn't feel there was much training in terms of how to make necessary changes after the system was up and running. We have a phenomenal HCM administrator on our team and she has been able to pick up and learn the backside.

Partnering with ICIMS has been a great experience. We also partnered with Verified First to be the first customer with an API between ICIMS and Verified First. It has created so many efficiencies to have the API and the flow of information back and forth between the two system. We are very pleased! We look forward to a long relationship with ICIMS!

Pros

ICIMS has a fantastic support team. They are extremely knowledgeable and helpful. The software is extremely robust and has tremendous functionality.

Cons

The report writing has been a little bit difficult to catch on to.

Response from iCIMS

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Amy! We enjoy reading positive feedback and welcome constructive criticism to ensure we¿re meeting our customer¿s expectations.

Sean oliver M.

A robust, affordable ATS tool that punches well above its weight

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

ICIMS has allowed us to automate the full recruitment cycle from requisition through to on-boarding. Its powerful abilities to advertise jobs on various job boards has significantly reduced our overall job advertising spend, in addition to this, we've greatly reduced our dependency on external recruitment agencies as ICIMS job posts has the ability to capture the most "passive" of candidate. The power of social media has everyone looking for better job opportunities.

Pros

We love how flexible it is, it can be molded into whatever recruitment steps/process that your department/company decides on. The customer support is second to none.

Cons

Recent updates only cater to US market, what about the rest of us poor souls scattered all over the globe ?

Response from iCIMS

Thank you for the awesome review, Sean! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we are happy to hear we hit the mark for you and your organization. I¿ll share your feedback with the teams within iCIMS that will benefit from reading your thoughts.

Jared H.

Great ATS at a Great Value

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

I came from a Taleo environment, so I thought that iCIMS would have fewer features, but I have been extremely pleased with the feature set that iCIMS provides and the customer service is some of the best in the business. Their representatives are knowledgeable and have always answered my question and explained items in a clear and concise manner. I would highly recommend iCIMS to anyone who is looking for an ATS.

Pros

I like the great customer service to help me with all of my configuration needs. I like that it has all of the capabilities and integrations that are easy to setup and get working. I like the annual review of the system and the helpful advice iCIMS provides to improve the system.

Cons

I don't like that their is no auto progression. Auto progression is extremely helpful around key statuses.

Response from iCIMS

Thank you for the awesome review, Jared! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we¿re happy to hear we hit the mark for you and your organization.

Jilyne T.

Great, User Friendly Software!

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

iCIMS Recruit has helped us get all of our TA operations into one system and over the course of time has helped us report with more accuracy and detail than ever before. We migrated from Taleo and never looked back!

Pros

The user interface was more intuitive and looked better than many other ATS options we demo'ed. The configuration was also most straightforward, and was easy to make changes without technical support.

Cons

Some features, such as ability to organize candidates by folders, sharing, and some other options were not available or came as an additional service that was not as competitive to some other providers. It wasn't a big drawback, we just created some workarounds to suit our needs.

Response from iCIMS

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review. It's our customers who allow us to constantly improve the way we do business and we're so glad to hear that your experience with iCIMS has been great so far!

iCIMS Recruit Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

I have been working with iCIMS for four years and have worked with a number of other ATS. iCIMS is by far my favorite. The reporting feature is powerful and incredibly informative. I love the friendly culture of the iCIMS support. The configurability to what our company needs is also important. I have worked with iCIMS in two different companies and seeing how it is able to be changed to fit our needs has been really helpful.

Pros

I love the ease of use of this platform. I also love the support from iCIMS we receive. Any question I submit a ticket for, I get a response that is both informative but allows me to learn the reasoning behind some things and how to navigate it on my own.

Cons

Some of the features are not as robust as others. For example, our organization needs a centralized event registration page where we can screen, status, and track candidates coming to our events but the events function only tracks registration.

Nissanka S.

Made for Talent acquisition &amp; Management

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

iCIMS is evolving as a major competitor in this subject and the backing of the passionate
support team has made it a great assistant in reaching our targets. This is a fairly cost effective system.

Pros

Talent acquisition &amp; management is one basic resource and the most powerful resource in the
success of organizations and having a powerful tool assistant has become the strength behind the
success of this most important aspect. Many solutions have evolved to resolve this task and there is no
perfect system available for all situations and conditions. However these solutions keep on improving to
find solutions for emerging subjects and situations and comparatively iCIMS Talent Platform has been
able to emerge as a successful ‘provider of solutions’ in this endeavor. The difference with iCIMS is that
they are ‘responsive’; understands with care the customer requirements/ issues and are enthusiastically
attentive to provide solutions while improving the system with the help of the user customers to create
more business opportunities as an exciting solution provider.
Almost all metrics required for ‘talent management’ is found within the system and the combination of
various portals helps in reaching a wider constituency in ‘talent acquisitions’. The system is intuitively
designed in filtration and selection of the most suitable talents. The multi platform capabilities are a
strong plus for candidates.

Cons

in my user experience no major issues have emerged.

Response from iCIMS

Thank you for your review, Nissanka!

Christina Y.

BEST APPLICANT TRACKING SYSTEM ON THE MARKET...AND I KNOW!

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

We have saved HUNDREDS of man-power hours by automating our all archaic system. We attract more candidates because it is an on-line system. Paper applicants are old news If you want to attract the new employee of the 21st century you need to be online.

Pros

It allows me to automate confirms and emails so all applicants get feedback. I can create templates for frequently used messages, job postings, etc. I attract more applicants with the job aggregates that sweep our postings out onto the web. Honestly, I could go ON AND ON. I love this software.

Cons

It is a little pricey for our size and non-profit status, but so far we have been able to keep it since I have been able to justify how much time it saves us and personnel costs.

Response from iCIMS

Thank you for the awesome review, Christina! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we¿re happy to hear we hit the mark for you and your organization.

Tari K.

Robust Tool

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Overall our experince with iCims has been great. We continue to utilize the platform more and more in our recruiting process, from all digital applications to texting our candidiates. I look forward to more opportunities to develop and grow with the program.

Pros

I like that iCims has so many possibilities. It is very robust and customizable so it is easy to adabt it to your own process. iCims is continually updating and evolving so that the systemy continues to improve with no additional costs.

Cons

iCims takes some effort to learn. Becasue it has so many capabilities, what you want is not always right in front of you. You must continue to learn the program and the toools available. However, technical supprt is always nearby to help.

Response from iCIMS

Thank you for the awesome review, Tari! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we are happy to hear we hit the mark for you and your organization.