BeeBole Timesheet Reviews

BeeBole Timesheet

The most powerful web time tracking tool for companies

4.7/5 (43 reviews)
Filippo C.

Straightforward but powerful time registration tool!

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

I have found the tool very effective in creating monthly reports for team leads and finance. Also applying some post-processing (by means of a spreadsheet) is very easy thanks to all the metadata that can be added to time entries such as custom field values and groups.

Pros

The SW is nicely structured in modules, and every screen is highly customizable depending on your needs and role in the organisation.
The best thing by far is the support these guys are providing: even when hitting the limits of the tool on a given use case, the online chat is always the easiest way to get in touch with them and get support in a matter of a couple of hours tops!

Cons

Management of which users get to view which projects to book their hours on is not the simplest thing to configure when managing complex setups (e.g. by default every new sub-project/project/company is visible to everybody - or inherits by its parent).
When pushing the tool to its limits, especially when trying to move hours across projects and companies, it can be hard to get it right because the manual intervention required can be error prone. A recent update has improved this aspect (no more need for export and import data), however there are still a number limitations (e.g. hours cannot be moved from a project to a sub-project).

Response from BeeBole

Hi Filippo,

Thank you for your review and feedback.
Did you check the Project Overview in Settings > Download your data.

This give you a clear list of who has access to what in the timesheet.

Kind regards,

7.0/10
Randall H.

Simple and intuitive tool for logging your work hours

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

My company used different timesheet tracking tools in the past, but the one I liked the most and that my company used in the end was BeeBole. The user interface is simple and easy to fill out. Depending on how it is set up for you, you may have the ability to modify hours logged on previous days, which other timesheet tools often may not allow you. The ability to show and hide rows is also neat as you don't lose the data when you remove a row, just the visibility is removed. I like the row colors too.

Cons

This isn't a problem with the tool but rather with how the company configured it for its users. But whenever I need to charge hours towards a charge code that isn't in my available codes, I have to reach to our HR to request the code be added to my list. I wish we had the ability to add our own charge codes, and then HR can later validate it - to me that would make it more flexible.

Response from BeeBole

Hi Randall,

I realize I never took the time to thank you for your feedback.

Thank you!

Elena B.

Effective and extremely flexible time tracking tool for freelancers and agencies

Reviewed on 2017/01/18

I work with other freelancers and I have several clients. I really need to know what's going on, and it's not a matter of trust and performance, it's a matter of understanding how long it takes them to do some recurring tasks and unexpected ones, because my quote for clients is based on those billable time entries and I found that, before using this app, most of the time we were completely underestimating how long it would take us to do this or that, it affects margins and profit. This wasn't my first time tracking tool, I have to admit it, but now comparing BeeBole to other well-known time tracking tool for freelancers, I'm sticking to it mainly because of 2 things I haven't found elsewhere: customizable dashboards with your own metrics and super fast online and offline support. Plus it's in Spanish too. Also pricing is very easy to understand, and I have access to all features, there's no difference in that sense between a small agency like mine and super big customers, and I appreciate that too.

Pros

Product itself: the customizable dashboards and reporting system. All the permission levels. Also pricing system. Support is superb. The fact it is in Spanish.

Cons

When I signed up for the free trial, it felt like landing a little bit on the moon, like emptiness. I was expecting more bells & whistles, now I appreciate its simplicity, and probably the fact of having a walkthrough tour might have helped a little bit. In any case I contacted support and they were fast and attentive and set me up a demo and till now.

Marty E.

Great product. Easy to use. Great support. What more do you want out of any kind of software?

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

Timesheets... unless employees don't fill them out, we don't get paid. Getting paid is a huge benefit to the company. Duh.

Pros

Simplicity. It is rare that you can find a product that is easy to use BUT also is very feature rich. Beebole has hit a homerun with their Timesheet product. We have used several different timesheet systems and this by far is the best product out there.
Support was also top notch. If I have a question, I could send an email and they were right on it. Even if they could not figure it out right away, they still let me know that they are working on it and kept me up to date. LOVE IT.

Cons

Not being able to change the colors of the rows on the timesheet. Petty. But something I would like control over.

Response from BeeBole

Thank you so much for the review, Marty! We're thankful for your service and your words.

Lee M.

Very useful but graphing capability is not intuitive

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/06/24

Overall I really like the platform, I use this at least on a weekly basis, but log in on most days. The functionality is easy to use once you have had a crash course and use it as often as i do, the shear volume of data it holds is great for creating meaningful reports and exporting to create the graphs required.

Pros

I love the quick glance Team Calendar, month by month when i meet with the team leaders i can quickly tell them who is behind in populating Beebole.

The data gathered and then exported for what i want to analyse is fantastic, which in turn allows for meaningful discussions around time spent on various projects, sickness etc...

I also like being able to create teams with leaders and mirror the hierarchical structure for our business.

Cons

The graphing capability, the reports provide a good overview of the data which you can then export and graph within excel, but the lack of simplistic graphing would be a good touch for initial anomalies to jump out when you first log on. I suppose this is a personal preference and may not be for everyone., overall I really like the platform.

Response from BeeBole

Hi Lee,
Thanks so much for the review! We will be happy helping you with the reports, should you need some advice. By the way, have you tried our google spreadsheet add-on?
Happy to count you among our customers!

Philip N.

Simple and Effective

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

As an independent consultant that makes 100% of my income from time billed - BeeBole is the one of the most important tools I have for tracking projects and being able to bill clients effectively. Our clients appreciate the detail and like the fact that we can track different scopes of the same project and stay within estimated hours for these projects.

Pros

BeeBole has just the right mix of comprehensive features and a simple direct interface that doesn't burden your time

Cons

There isn't much I can say that is negative. Overall it is well designed and easy to use. The only slight issues I have had are entries hanging or error messages that affect some data entries.

Response from BeeBole

Hello Philip,

Thank you so much for such a feedback!
It is really appreciated.

Matthew D.

Easy to make bespoke dashboards

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

The fact I'm never cursing about this tool speaks volumes for a delivery lead like me!

Pros

The ease of creating my own drag and drop bespoke dashboards for tracking across multiple projects is really valuable for me. Also the ease of outputting reports make it easy and simple for senior stakeholders.

Cons

I have found that there's so much functionality it's sometimes difficult to know how valuable they might be for me and the projects I'm working on. Maybe some better on-boarding or distributed training would be helpful.

Response from BeeBole

HI Matthew,

We're indeed working on improving the onboarding, so your feedback is very timely. In the meantime, let me know if you'd like to have a call with us to fine tune your implementation, maybe you find features that are valuable for your project management!

Thanks a lot for your review!

This is closest to perfection time tracking software for our needs

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

It helped me to reduce time spent in time sheets

Pros

It's very flexible, powerful and highly customizable solution. It gives you endless possibilities and high granularity to cover almost all scenarios in time tracking. In last few years we have even seen solution evolving to address our feature requests. We were never let down and never seen any disruption in service. Technical support was always there to help us find the best way to structure and set up projects. And don't be fooled by the quick response time from support, no they are not bots or some 3rd world call center, they will dig straight to the core of the problem and if you are in luck you might witness awesomeness of Erlang hot code swap and things solving out in front of you in production.

Response from BeeBole

Wow! We're flattered and glad BeeBole is the right solution for your needs. Thanks a lot for your review.

Ease of use is a pleasure

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Very good. I get out of it what I need and it is simple to use.

Pros

The fact that it is simply laid out and that you can 'import' and 'export' the functionality you need.

Cons

Some of the labelling when creating reports is no very helpful and you have to use a little bit of trial and error to get what you want.

Response from BeeBole

Hello,

Do you know you can get explanation about all our reports labels here: http://help.beebole.com/home/modules/export

For my information, what are the labels that were confusing. We are always happy to review these.

Regards,

Karen M.

Great time management tool

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

I would like to see and easier way to export the time data. I feel that over all people has been great in appears to fit our organizational Need.

Pros

Great time management tool! I loved that we can pull reports by employee and order project.

Cons

I would like to see and easier way to export the time data.

Response from BeeBole

Hi Karen,

Thank you for your feedback.
I would love to ear your feedback about an easier way to export the data.

Maybe there is already something in place we can show you.

We can schedule a call to discuss it eventually.

James H.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Monitoring of costs by client is invaluable.

Pros

Searched long and hard (many months) for the right product, was delighted when I found Beebole:

1) Intuitive and easy to use
2) The UI is kept modern and simple in the right places, while retaining power and custimisation ability you need under the hood
3) Excellent reporting / export functions
4) First class support, very quick responses and available on email/chat

I could not recommend this product more highly. It's a straighforward and often overlooked need for many businesses, however so many products get this so wrong. Beebole have nailed it.

Response from BeeBole

Hi James, thanks a lot for taking the time to review our service. We're happy to see that you're having a very positive experience with BeeBole.

Hasib H.

BeeBole has revolutionized our company's time-sheet process completely!

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

BeeBole is so simple to use, easily customizable, and a great value for the money. For our small business, it gets everything we need done in an elegant and intelligent way.

Cons

I believe the mobile platform of BeeBole could use a little more simplicity and ease of use. Perhaps it's time for a standalone app?

Response from BeeBole

Hi Hasib, thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to us that our tool has helped you and your company.

Amanda W.

Beebole Timesheets

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

It enables us as a company to looks at where all our staff hours go and also set costs against our clients for monitoring our pricing structure

Pros

Its very easy to use and all members off staff can work it without any situation

Cons

I do not have a negative regarding the software any situation that i had in the beginning were always solved.

Response from BeeBole

Thank you Amanda for your kind words. Happy to count you amongst our customers!

Jorge F.

I utilize BeeBole on a daily basis and love its efficiency and how easy it is to use.

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

The user interface and user experience are both well designed, which in turn makes the use of BeeBole extremely easy and straightforward. I also like that we can edit existing projects with relative ease . BeeBole provides a wealth of information that facilitates our communication and efficiency.

Cons

I really have no bones to pick with the software. After almost 2 years of use, I've yet to experience any hiccups or frustrating element in its use.

Response from BeeBole

We really appreciate your review, Jorge. We're glad you like the design and find it easy to use. ;)

Kat C.

Flexible and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Pros

That it automatically saves so that the synchronisation is almost automated

Cons

The tasks do not carry through between the months on the web version - but all that functionality is on the mobile option

Response from BeeBole

Hi Kat,

Thank you for your review.
What do you mean with the tasks do not carry over?

It should actually (unless you use the monthly view). You might want to check the weekly and daily view then.

Deniz A.

Simple and reliable timesheets

Reviewed on 2019/03/09

BeeBole timesheets allow our team to put down how much work we do for each of our clients. We can then use this information to charge for our time correctly.

Pros

BeeBole makes it so easy to input all the work I'm doing during each week, by telling me how many hours I have remaining for each day it becomes really easy to know what to put where.

Cons

The colours can be the same for some of the different clients we put down so it sometimes gets a bit confusing.

Response from BeeBole

Thank you for your nice words about BeeBole! We'll consider what you say about colors, too.

George P.

Great software!

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Pros

Very easy to use.
Repetitive tasks can be copied through multiple days.
Easy to see how much overtime and holiday have been spent and accrued.

Cons

Can't copy tasks over to another month.

Response from BeeBole

Thank you George!
On the mobile app, you can copy from one day to another, no matter what day that is. Have you tried doing that?
Again, thanks for the review!

Teresa L.

Excellent time-tracking for teams

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Pros

Simple, intuitive, highly customizable. Love that we can export PDFs with a breakdown for each project.

Cons

We've been using Beebole for about 5 years and I have zero complaints. Any time I've had a question, I got a response quickly.

Response from BeeBole

Teresa, we can't thank you enough for this wonderful review. We're glad you're benefiting from using our service.

Beebole

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

We moved to Beebole because we were managing time sheets in a spreadsheet, which is not very efficient and lacks an approval process. Beebole met our criteria as a cloud based time sheet system with Google SSO and budget. It's been easy to use and I really like the products flexibility to add/remove users and only pay for what we're using.

Pros

Cloud Based
Google SSO
Budget Friendly

Cons

I'm not sure if it's available but I'd like to be able to see a report of my direct reports time sheets after they've completed them and one click approve via an email.

Response from BeeBole

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback.

There are different ways to show you a report of your direct reports.
Don't hesitate to contact our support to see how to do it.

Regards,

Andrei I.

Good product for reasonable cost

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

Pros

Easily track and approve hours; diverse functionality; accurate and reliable

Cons

A moderate learning curve associated with figuring out all functionality

Response from BeeBole

Thank you Andrei for your feedback and rating!
We are actually working today on a new interface which should ease the learning curve you had to go through.

Keith E.

A great tool, even for small businesses

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Pros

This is a really useful product for keeping track of time spent per client and billing accordingly. It also ensures work undertaken is accurately recorded and not forgotten when it comes to billing.

Cons

As with all time recording software, the layout and system takes a bit of time to get used to initially and it is worthwhile spending time setting everything up properly from the start.

Response from BeeBole

Thank you Keith for the review!

Paul K.

The Best Timesheet App - and I tried a BUNCH

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

My biggest challenge was making sure that my subcontractors were paid the correct amount in the correct currency, and similarly that my customers were charged the correct amount in the correct currency. My second biggest challenge was all the time wasted and all the errors caused by different people submitting their time in different ways. With Beebole it was easy and painless to standardize on one procedure.

Pros

It has all the functionality that I need to deal with employees, contractors, variable cost and billing rates, variable currencies, etc. The reporting is easy and intuitive. And the interface with Google Docs makes it easy to share the information with third parties.

Cons

There is no "ok" nor "save" buttons anywhere. Changes are saved immediately. That was a little weird and took some time to get used to.

Response from BeeBole

Thank you so much Paul for your nice feedback.

Gary O.

Simple and straightforward

Reviewed on 2019/06/26

Each of our client's projects involves a number of different processes, carried out by different team members sometimes in different locations. We use the data partly for internal assessment and partly for billing as some processes are hourly charged

Pros

We can track time spent on multiple client projects easily with a few clicks of the mouse.

Cons

Not much really.

Response from BeeBole

Thank you so much for your review Gary!

Talib H.

Best timesheet software

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Pros

ease of use, friendly user interface, great customer support

Cons

running reports can be little cumbersome at times when too much data

Response from BeeBole

Thank you Talib for the nice words about BeeBole.

Grzegorz S.

Easy to use and functional

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Pros

This software is easy to use and helps to keep all your hours recorded in place.

Cons

I didn't find anything that could make me not to like this software

Response from BeeBole

Thank you for the review!