BeeBole Timesheet

The most powerful web time tracking tool for companies

4,6
4,7
4,4
4,4
4,8
Marty E.

Great product. Easy to use. Great support. What more do you want out of any kind of software?

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

Timesheets... unless employees don't fill them out, we don't get paid. Getting paid is a huge benefit to the company. Duh.

Pros

Simplicity. It is rare that you can find a product that is easy to use BUT also is very feature rich. Beebole has hit a homerun with their Timesheet product. We have used several different timesheet systems and this by far is the best product out there.
Support was also top notch. If I have a question, I could send an email and they were right on it. Even if they could not figure it out right away, they still let me know that they are working on it and kept me up to date. LOVE IT.

Cons

Not being able to change the colors of the rows on the timesheet. Petty. But something I would like control over.

Response from BeeBole

Thank you so much for the review, Marty! We're thankful for your service and your words.

Diane S.
Industry: Management Consulting

BeeBole works for us!

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

We are a small consulting firm that relies on accurate time reporting for reimbursement from our clients. BeeBole has provided that with a minimal learning curve. Whenever we have a question or concern about anything the BeeBole team has been very responsive and pleasant to work with.

Pros

This product is very easy to use and much more intuitive than some other software we looked at. My staff adapted quickly and like they can access from anywhere.

Cons

While standard reports are not exactly what I am looking for, the ability to export the data is so easy and gives me the ability to make the reports look as I want them to.

Response from BeeBole

Thank you for your kind feedback Diane! We really appreciate it. If you ever need any help finding the reports you need, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Melissa D.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Beebole review

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

Support team is amazing

Pros

It's easy to use as a user and explain to new employees as a trainer. It's easy to use to pull the reports that are needed.

Cons

Once you get the product setup correctly it's easier to use but the click/drag function to a new user is a pain. It is also hard to ensure what the other users are viewing. We have sensitive information and we want to ensure that is not conveyed to a project manager, the settings feature is very confusing.

Response from BeeBole

Thank you Melissa! We agree that our UI could be better, which is what we're working on now. We hope to have a new, improved, and easier to use version of BeeBole available soon.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Matt H.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great Product and Team

Reviewed on 2020/07/28

The team at Beebole are great. Always see to any queries that are raised (which is not many) very quickly and have always sorted them out for us.

Pros

After set up, this is one of the easiest pieces of software to use. 99% of our user feedback has been positive, the other 1% was due to restrictions our company imposed so not due to Beebole.

Reporting function is great and easy to use.

Different user screens to control staff views is good to control information seen, and to have control over default views is another god factor.

Cons

Set up took a long time, I think mostly so we could get the software to work for our company needs and not due to the system itself. Each company is unique and so the option to have it work in multiple ways is needed. Not really a Con.

Response from BeeBole

Thank you so much for your feedback and kind words Matt, we really appreciate it!

Robert H.

Beebole for our company

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Pros

Beebole is highly available, provides 95% of the features that we need, and is easy to use for our administrators and our staff. We use the timekeeping and report features, as well as the project and subprojects to track our contracts and customer projects.

Cons

Our few enhancement requests have never made it into the system. One particular enhancement that we've asked for is the ability to input timesheets on a semi-monthly basis. This must not have ranked high enough in the product backlog to make it into the system.

Response from BeeBole

Thank you for your feedback Robert! Indeed we'd love to be able to address every feature request we receive, but we're forced to pick and choose based on demand. I can say that we're currently working on several new features and improvements. Thanks again for your kind words! - Yves

Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

A good fit

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

This is definitely an upgrade to our previously excel based timesheets. Information is secured and trustworthy, nothing gets erased by mistake, and you can track in real time how much has been spent on each project.
I would say that it can be improved though, for example, adding an end date to projects would be good, to avoid people billing on already finished projects.
Overall, I would say that it takes a while to figure out how to parameter and use it properly, but once you do, it becomes a very helpful tool, and the Beebole team is always here to help. We are glad to have selected it!

Pros

It is very easy to record hours, the interface looks good and is customizable. The reports allow you to display or extract the data under many forms, easily accessing the information you need in a timely manner.

Cons

It takes some time to figure out how to best use it, for example, a lot of our users keep sending in their timesheets when they only wanted to save them, or get lost with the timeframe feature. It is not completely intuitive.

Response from BeeBole

Thank you for the nice and complete feedback.
We really appreciate it.

Scott G.
Industry: Architecture & Planning
Company size: Self Employed

No hassle tracking and project budgeting

Reviewed on 2020/04/03

Beebole's web based interface makes it very easy for me to record my time on projects whether I am in the office or out in the field.

Pros

I chose Beebole several years ago because it was the easiest, best and most cost effective time tracking and project budgeting software I found. Since then, I have never had a need or even a desire to look for an alternate. It serves my needs perfectly. For my work, it easily allows me to track my hours against a project budget to stay in the black. When I need to prepare task reports for projects that are based on an hourly fee, I get beautiful, branded documents that I submit with my invoices.

Cons

I have no issues with the software. It has always been easy to use and to integrate into my precesses.

Response from BeeBole

Thank you for your kind words Scott! We work hard to make BeeBole complete, reliable, and affordable and feedback like yours is what motivates us.

Jerome P.
Industry: Construction

A robust software

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

I manage all the timesheets of my techniciens through beebole and have instant visibility on where time is spent

Pros

Very powerful and the user UI the user's side is excellent

Cons

The admin interface on the back end can be a bit complex if you do not have adequate training

Response from BeeBole

Thank you Jerome for the positive review. It is really appreciated. We are actually working on a new interface which should make the administration much easier.

Kevin S.
Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Does what you'd expect

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Pros

It's a fairly intuitive UI and end-users pick it up quickly without needing much support. Administration is also straight-forward.

Cons

Despite the direct integration with QuickBooks, we still had to create custom middle-ware to massage the data into a usable format to meet our requirements.

Response from BeeBole

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us Kevin! - Yves

Evi J.

Beebole Review from Evi Jesaitis

Reviewed on 2020/04/17

I have to log time daily. I also track if all the employees in the company log, submit and approve when they should be.

Pros

The ease of this product is great! I have to log in to another system for a different contractor and it really makes me appreciate Beebole. From customizing your screen, auto-save on entries, viewing different projects, sub-projects. persons, or task.

Cons

The absence quota feature - there should be a way for admins put in how many hours you have of PTO, add your accrual rate (for example I get 5.5 hours every 2 weeks), and then have Beebole calculate PTO hours. Then when you log in your PTO, it automatically reduces your PTO. There should be an option to allow someone to go negative too - our company allows you to go 40 hours negative.

Response from BeeBole

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Evi! We'll be in touch to see if we can help you out with tracking PTO more effectively.

Filippo C.
Industry: Consumer Electronics

Straightforward but powerful time registration tool!

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

I have found the tool very effective in creating monthly reports for team leads and finance. Also applying some post-processing (by means of a spreadsheet) is very easy thanks to all the metadata that can be added to time entries such as custom field values and groups.

Pros

The SW is nicely structured in modules, and every screen is highly customizable depending on your needs and role in the organisation.
The best thing by far is the support these guys are providing: even when hitting the limits of the tool on a given use case, the online chat is always the easiest way to get in touch with them and get support in a matter of a couple of hours tops!

Cons

Management of which users get to view which projects to book their hours on is not the simplest thing to configure when managing complex setups (e.g. by default every new sub-project/project/company is visible to everybody - or inherits by its parent).
When pushing the tool to its limits, especially when trying to move hours across projects and companies, it can be hard to get it right because the manual intervention required can be error prone. A recent update has improved this aspect (no more need for export and import data), however there are still a number limitations (e.g. hours cannot be moved from a project to a sub-project).

Response from BeeBole

Hi Filippo,

Thank you for your review and feedback.
Did you check the Project Overview in Settings > Download your data.

This give you a clear list of who has access to what in the timesheet.

Kind regards,

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Randall H.

Simple and intuitive tool for logging your work hours

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

My company used different timesheet tracking tools in the past, but the one I liked the most and that my company used in the end was BeeBole. The user interface is simple and easy to fill out. Depending on how it is set up for you, you may have the ability to modify hours logged on previous days, which other timesheet tools often may not allow you. The ability to show and hide rows is also neat as you don't lose the data when you remove a row, just the visibility is removed. I like the row colors too.

Cons

This isn't a problem with the tool but rather with how the company configured it for its users. But whenever I need to charge hours towards a charge code that isn't in my available codes, I have to reach to our HR to request the code be added to my list. I wish we had the ability to add our own charge codes, and then HR can later validate it - to me that would make it more flexible.

Response from BeeBole

Hi Randall,

I realize I never took the time to thank you for your feedback.

Thank you!

Luca G.
Industry: Information Services

Taptu Feedback

Reviewed on 2020/03/30

I'ts been great overall for our needs. I would (and do) recommend to clients with similar needs to our own.

Pros

Simplicity and very tight scope focused on time capture against client projects.

Cons

The user interface is clever in that it's highly configurable (a smart concept), but as much as this works in it's favour, it also hinders navigability through the data and forces some design concessions which can make the user experience weaker for rich usage patterns.

The API still has areas for improvement relating to primary and external keys for some data sets , as well as limitations in some retrieval queries.

Response from BeeBole

Luca, a big thank you for your message. I really appreciate it.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Elena B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Effective and extremely flexible time tracking tool for freelancers and agencies

Reviewed on 2017/01/18

I work with other freelancers and I have several clients. I really need to know what's going on, and it's not a matter of trust and performance, it's a matter of understanding how long it takes them to do some recurring tasks and unexpected ones, because my quote for clients is based on those billable time entries and I found that, before using this app, most of the time we were completely underestimating how long it would take us to do this or that, it affects margins and profit. This wasn't my first time tracking tool, I have to admit it, but now comparing BeeBole to other well-known time tracking tool for freelancers, I'm sticking to it mainly because of 2 things I haven't found elsewhere: customizable dashboards with your own metrics and super fast online and offline support. Plus it's in Spanish too. Also pricing is very easy to understand, and I have access to all features, there's no difference in that sense between a small agency like mine and super big customers, and I appreciate that too.

Pros

Product itself: the customizable dashboards and reporting system. All the permission levels. Also pricing system. Support is superb. The fact it is in Spanish.

Cons

When I signed up for the free trial, it felt like landing a little bit on the moon, like emptiness. I was expecting more bells & whistles, now I appreciate its simplicity, and probably the fact of having a walkthrough tour might have helped a little bit. In any case I contacted support and they were fast and attentive and set me up a demo and till now.

Stacey B.
Industry: Computer Software

BeeBole time sheets are a key staple of our back office operations

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Excellent overall. Very happy with the product. Great value for money.

Pros

Project Balance a software services company with a fully distributed team, with staff across the world and with staff crossing multiple projects at any one time. With Beebole, all staff enters their hours on a daily basis from wherever they are. We can easily pull staff hours for billing and check hours at any time to see progress. We use the CSV download extensively then create a quick pivot table to drive invoicing. I personally like the ease of use inputting my own hours.

Cons

Possibly because I don't do it very often, I find adding projects requires looking around to find right buttons.

Response from BeeBole

Thank you for your kind words Stacey! We really appreciate the feedback. - Yves

Lee M.
Industry: Environmental Services
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Very useful but graphing capability is not intuitive

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/06/24

Overall I really like the platform, I use this at least on a weekly basis, but log in on most days. The functionality is easy to use once you have had a crash course and use it as often as i do, the shear volume of data it holds is great for creating meaningful reports and exporting to create the graphs required.

Pros

I love the quick glance Team Calendar, month by month when i meet with the team leaders i can quickly tell them who is behind in populating Beebole.

The data gathered and then exported for what i want to analyse is fantastic, which in turn allows for meaningful discussions around time spent on various projects, sickness etc...

I also like being able to create teams with leaders and mirror the hierarchical structure for our business.

Cons

The graphing capability, the reports provide a good overview of the data which you can then export and graph within excel, but the lack of simplistic graphing would be a good touch for initial anomalies to jump out when you first log on. I suppose this is a personal preference and may not be for everyone., overall I really like the platform.

Response from BeeBole

Hi Lee,
Thanks so much for the review! We will be happy helping you with the reports, should you need some advice. By the way, have you tried our google spreadsheet add-on?
Happy to count you among our customers!

Teddy P.
Industry: Law Practice
Company size: Self Employed

Lawyer's BeeBole review

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Issues encountered have been swiftly addressed by BeeBole staff

Pros

Easy to useful the standard configuration
Fair price

Cons

Not easy to personalize
In the week view, uncompleted lines appear which gives a long list to drop for finding a client line.
It does seem possible to backdate an entreprise creation and regularize the backdated time entry.

Response from BeeBole

Hi Teddy,

Thank you for the review.
Note that at the top of the weekly timesheet, there is a search to easily find a row in the timesheet.
Now, if there are project rows that should not be there, deleting an empty row will make it disappear from the view.

Kind regards,

Philip N.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

Simple and Effective

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

As an independent consultant that makes 100% of my income from time billed - BeeBole is the one of the most important tools I have for tracking projects and being able to bill clients effectively. Our clients appreciate the detail and like the fact that we can track different scopes of the same project and stay within estimated hours for these projects.

Pros

BeeBole has just the right mix of comprehensive features and a simple direct interface that doesn't burden your time

Cons

There isn't much I can say that is negative. Overall it is well designed and easy to use. The only slight issues I have had are entries hanging or error messages that affect some data entries.

Response from BeeBole

Hello Philip,

Thank you so much for such a feedback!
It is really appreciated.

Janusz K.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Crucial system for internal company operations

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

We use BeeBole on daily bases within a team of 100 people. BeeBole became a crucial system in our company operations, cost tracking and controlling.

Pros

Great interface, rich functionality, very robust reporting capabilities, API integration

Cons

Lack of proper mobile application, lack of some advanced functionality e.g. two step approvals of time entries

Response from BeeBole

Thank you Janusz! We now have an app in the Google Play Store, and our progressive web app for other devices has the same functionality and capabilities as a regular mobile app. Please do let us know if there's something specific you think it's missing, as we're always looking to improve. Thanks again, Yves.

João N.
Industry: Accounting

Key for managing margins

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

Pros

This software, as long as others, is the key to measure labor usage. You can measure distance, weight, etc..., but how will you measure time if you don't have anything to record it?
So beebole is an userfriendly tool, and easy to setup.

Cons

There is one thing that can be added: group records. If I'm doing a task that is common to several clients, why is it not possible to compute and devide time by the ones selected insted of record a minute or so in each... Anyway, I don't use it in a full way (compute margins, etc...). I guess I could spend more time developing the inputs, but i'm comfortable this way, and have no reason to change.

Response from BeeBole

Thank you for your review Joao! We really appreciate it, and we will have your suggestions for dividing time between clients in mind.

Matthew D.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Easy to make bespoke dashboards

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

The fact I'm never cursing about this tool speaks volumes for a delivery lead like me!

Pros

The ease of creating my own drag and drop bespoke dashboards for tracking across multiple projects is really valuable for me. Also the ease of outputting reports make it easy and simple for senior stakeholders.

Cons

I have found that there's so much functionality it's sometimes difficult to know how valuable they might be for me and the projects I'm working on. Maybe some better on-boarding or distributed training would be helpful.

Response from BeeBole

HI Matthew,

We're indeed working on improving the onboarding, so your feedback is very timely. In the meantime, let me know if you'd like to have a call with us to fine tune your implementation, maybe you find features that are valuable for your project management!

Thanks a lot for your review!

Roger K.
Industry: Computer Software

A solid time recording solution

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

BeeBole is a solid and reliable solution for recording time at our company.

Pros

It meets all of our requirements for recording time sheets. The most important being able to export reports in CSV format. The UI is very flexible and customisable.

Cons

It is not the easiest application to navigate around. It sometimes hard to find the function or page you are looking for.

Response from BeeBole

Thank you for your feedback Roger! We agree that our current navigation and UI need some updating, and we're working on that now. Hopefully we'll have a new and improved interface to show you soon. Thanks again and regards, Yves

This is closest to perfection time tracking software for our needs

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

It helped me to reduce time spent in time sheets

Pros

It's very flexible, powerful and highly customizable solution. It gives you endless possibilities and high granularity to cover almost all scenarios in time tracking. In last few years we have even seen solution evolving to address our feature requests. We were never let down and never seen any disruption in service. Technical support was always there to help us find the best way to structure and set up projects. And don't be fooled by the quick response time from support, no they are not bots or some 3rd world call center, they will dig straight to the core of the problem and if you are in luck you might witness awesomeness of Erlang hot code swap and things solving out in front of you in production.

Response from BeeBole

Wow! We're flattered and glad BeeBole is the right solution for your needs. Thanks a lot for your review.

Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Ease of use is a pleasure

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Very good. I get out of it what I need and it is simple to use.

Pros

The fact that it is simply laid out and that you can 'import' and 'export' the functionality you need.

Cons

Some of the labelling when creating reports is no very helpful and you have to use a little bit of trial and error to get what you want.

Response from BeeBole

Hello,

Do you know you can get explanation about all our reports labels here: http://help.beebole.com/home/modules/export

For my information, what are the labels that were confusing. We are always happy to review these.

Regards,

Karen M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great time management tool

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

I would like to see and easier way to export the time data. I feel that over all people has been great in appears to fit our organizational Need.

Pros

Great time management tool! I loved that we can pull reports by employee and order project.

Cons

I would like to see and easier way to export the time data.

Response from BeeBole

Hi Karen,

Thank you for your feedback.
I would love to ear your feedback about an easier way to export the data.

Maybe there is already something in place we can show you.

We can schedule a call to discuss it eventually.