Timesheets.com

Small Business Time Tracking for Payroll and Billing

Brenda H.

Timesheets

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Overall information is easy to find and see what and when you were at work

Pros

Clock in and out easy, dates and times you work at easy to find, adding PTO is ok - but it would be nice if you could put in PTO at 1 time (ie - you are going to be out for a few days) in stead of having to do it one day at a time

Cons

If you are having issues and need to change your clock in or out time - ie computer issues or forgot to clock in or out. Changing your time is not user friendly and not easy to do. Sometimes it wont let you change it at all

Janet P.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Excellent and prompt customer service!!

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

Again - customer service is the BEST!!! Never had a bad experience. Everyone is friendly, helpful, and prompt!!!

Pros

Ease of use! Very user friendly. I love that someone is always available by chat to answer my questions. Never have to wait, and they walk me through the process. Very friendly!!

Cons

There really isn't anything I would change at this point.

Jenine B.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Good employee time tracking app

Reviewed on 2020/05/14

This is a great app overall but it just wasn't the right fit for our company.

Pros

IF your willing to invest some time to set up the app it can be super helpful and make time tracking pretty much fool proof. Integration with Quickbooks was super easy. Importing customers and information from Quickbooks was also very quick and easy. Our employees found it easy to punch in and out and it keeps everyone honest. You don't realize how much money you are losing on payroll when you use paper time-sheets until you switch.

Cons

We are a plumbing and heating company so we do a lot of service calls. This app is great but for a service company wasn't what we actually needed.

Desiree G.

Eliminated excessive paper handling

Reviewed on 2020/01/13

It's really revolutionized our client billing. I think we more accurately bill our clients and also more accurately detail the work performed. It is also nice to easily see how many billable hours we log in a day or week, helping us to become more efficient with our time. The biggest advantage for me is the huge reduction in paper. I once felt I was drowning in paper, now I can keep my project time, expenses and notes in one digital file. Goodby clutter!!

Pros

We eliminated paper time tracking sheets that were used for each project, needing to manually calculate time in / time out and add entries together for client billing. Using Timesheets project timers allows us to eliminate the paper and also calculates our project time for us. That we can also assign notes to each time stamp keeps us better organized and enables us to recall exactly how our time was spent on each project entry, which we can then use to be more detailed in our client billing and showcase the value for time spent. Time entries can also be entered manually which is nice during times when interruptions are frequent. Time editing is also allowed.

Cons

I wish the time stamps included the ability to view the exact time you started and ended a timer, not just the accumulative time. On occasion I may forget to stop or pause a timer, leaving it running in the back ground. I may be aware I finished up around 5pm but with no starting time to review, it makes it difficult to estimate the actual time spent on an individual entry.

• Industry: Environmental Services

I am using Timesheets.com for my salon and it's been extremely efficient and easy for me & the...

Reviewed on 2018/02/25

Ability to easily capture employee hours and monitor online. Ease of use, for me as the administrator and for my employees.

Pros

I really like how straightforward it was to set up for my employees, and how intuitive and easy it is for my employees to use everyday. It took them very little time to get accustomed to it, I feel confident their hours are being accurately captured, and it's easy for me to monitor and approve hours from wherever I am. I also really appreciate that it has an IP Lock feature; with many online systems that's not available or comes at a premium. Though I have a solid team, it gives me extra peace of mind to know my employees can only clock in and out from the salon computer. I have really appreciated the outstanding customer support I've received, from the time I was just considering using it (they answered all my questions), through setting it up, and even after I started using it, they called multiple times to check in to see if I had any questions or needed any further assistance. That's amazing service, especially considering I only have a few employees, so I'm not a large account for them. They truly care about every single one of their clients having a great experience with their product.

Michael N.

Frametechs

Reviewed on 2017/02/09

Or use it to keep a record of all of my jobs I really like how I can break down the jobs per person and it allows me to know where I am financially in real time. Every time I have had a problem setting someone up or Working with the program I have been helped out by someone on the phone and they were very helpful. I do recommend it to everyone I work with

Pros

It is very easy to use and when I need assistance I get it right away

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult loading a new person on to the program

Response from Timesheets.com

Thanks for the review, Michael. Actually we do have a simple solution for your problem with new hires! You have a feature enabled even though you're not using it, and hiding it from view will make the project time sheet the default login view. I will contact you offline to show you where to turn it off. That will solve your new hire training problem.

Brian B.

Overall happy

Reviewed on 2018/01/24

Pros

From a web browser, the site works great. I like the simplistic report generation and the organization of the archived timesheets.

Cons

The interface of the website on a mobile device is not ideal. Unrelated to the mobile device, sometimes when reports are ran, it will automatically charge 1.5x the OT rate even when using an account code on a weekend. I originally thought it was due to the formula to start paying OT after a certain accumulation of hours, but I set that to a limit that has never been reached-so I don't understand why it occurs. My work around is to edit the timecard and use the regular rate, so when the program calculates 1.5x, the amount is correct.

• Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Timesheets Timetracker

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Pros

Timesheets helps me to stay organized throughout my day. I like that this software is intuitive and user-friendly​. It makes life very easy for me by providing a simple to use platform for me to manage client project billing. I also like that I can view historical data so that I can stay accountable for my tasks and also to identify the projects that need to be managed more efficiently.

Cons

The only downside for me is that time tracking is still a very manual process and Timesheets does what it can to automate the process but there could be more automation features implemented.

Wendy W.

Great features & customer service!

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

Pros

The software is very intuitive and user friendly. I didn't have to spend much time training my employees to navigate through all the features. The pricing is very competitive and the customer service representatives is very knowledgable and helpful to answer my question in timely manner! I am very happy to switch my timesheet tracking service to Timesheets.com!

Cons

The only thing will be my staffs sometimes mention that it will take a few minutes to log in each morning because it takes some time to start up the PC and lunch the login page, versus if it's a machine they can log in as soon as they enter the office. If there is a way they can log in with their smartphone but strictly limited on office premise only, that will be perfect.

Response from Timesheets.com

Hi Wendy, There's definitely a way to do that! Call us - it's simple and fast. I will email you a the answer as well! There's no software to download or anything. It will just work based on your office IP address.

Molly J.

Very prompt service

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Pros

Ease of use and prompt service. Why the character requirement for this entry?

Cons

Mobile option not obvious enough. Again why the character requirement on this entry?

Response from Timesheets.com

I have to admit it took me a minute to understand the criticism in the cons. You complained about a character requirement, which I took to mean that there was such a think on our site you didn't like - be we have no such requirement! But now I understand! You meant that Capterra requires a minimum number of characters in their review fields. So, if you're reading this review of our service, please know she did not mean we have a character requirement but was instead Capterra did for their review form!

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

We think it's flexible, extremely easy to use, and it was very easy to integrate.

Reviewed on 2018/07/21

Pros

This has been the most powerful tracking service we've incorporated since inception. We found the setup to be quick and easy, while being easy to navigate and providing powerful reporting tools. Payroll and billing has become easier than ever before, while scaling up to the size of our business successfully.

Cons

At first, there were concerns that Timesheets.com might not work well because of the size of our company. It would also be the first solution outside of our local network. We're extremely glad we decided to give it a try because it's been better than we could have ever expected. Sometimes we do experience slowdowns, but that's because of connectivity to the service, not the service itself.

Roger C.

Satisfied customer for 7 years

Reviewed on 2016/11/07

Your program has removed those petty HR employee issues of absentee, late and/or vacation/days off issues. This system eliminates that opportunity for an employee to take advantage of the employer. Most important when it comes to pay period reporting, it provides the printout very easily for my bookkeeper to pay. The Timeclock Online support over the years has been very courteous and patient with me. As small business owners we have enough on our plate, and your support allows me to focus on what I do best. Great job and keep up the good work, you've been a big help.

Pros

Ease of use and service support

Cons

Much more stuff than I need or use, but that's OK

Susan S.

Very Satisified!

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

We only use this for hourly timekeeping and expense reporting so I can't speak to PTO, etc.
I was worried that the attention I received before I signed would disappear once I had paid for the subscription but I actually have received excellent attention from Timesheets.com. I have had no technical problems at all on training issues. Any time I requested help for an issue it was addressed immediately. I have only attempted to contact the company by email so I don't know how calling in works. My emails have been addressed within a couple of hours and in some cases they have called me when the solution was more complicated than an email response allowed.

The few issues that I have been disappointed in are:
1) The location lock is by router not by station so employees can use any computer in the office to clock in and out. I understand why this is but still disappointed.
2) The expense reporting section only accepts .jpeg uploads (as opposed to .pdf). This is solved by having employees use their phones to report expenses.

For my companies uses this is a wonderful product.

Pros

Internet based so no problems with a station based program. As long as you have internet your employees can clock in/out and submit expenses.

Easy for employees to understand, not time consuming training.

Cons

Expenses should be uploadable in pdf format.

Paul M.
  • Industry: Law Practice

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is great customer service representative

Reviewed on 2020/04/17

It is a better track of time as a software product. It's up to the user, but once the information is in there, its foolproof. Very effective tool and paid for itself many many times over.

Pros

The chat and phone service. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] walked me through the process with poise and patience, and got me to where I understood the navigation of printing quality customized reports.

Cons

The software is good. The telephone operating system, for example, using a phone digit to get to a certain area, didn't work. It simply ignored the command. So I resorted to the chat room, was introduced to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and once he was involved it was a perfect customer service experience.

Paul H.

I have been using this software for over 5 years. We use it almost every day.

Reviewed on 2018/01/12

This software gives us an organizational advantage over other firms.

Pros

It is comprehensive, flexible and easy to use. Our contractors use this software to their time. The ability to do reports a number of different ways has allowed us to add a level of transparency that our clients really like.

Cons

Connection to quickbooks should be spelled out in a better way. It would be nice to have the ability to have clients have an area to sign in to so that they can track project totals.

Laura W.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Simple for daily users, powerful for company analytics

Reviewed on 2017/09/29

My employees are able to very simply clock in and out, but I can do almost anything with the information their time punches provide. Many reports to run. Timesheets.com can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be as the administrator/payroll.

Pros

It's really simple for first time users and people that haven't used a time clock before. I love the interface and how easy it is for employees to punch in and out.

Cons

There are a few functions of the software that haven't been intuitive to me in the user process. Running custom reports, entering in employee schedules, setting up holidays, for example. However, I've always contacted customer support and they help me through my question within minutes. The answer is generally quite simple, but if I hadn't contacted support I wouldn't have gotten to the answer nearly as fast.

Ronda C.

Timesheets.com has changed the way we view our time. We are able to learn as we grow our...

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

The custom reports are really helpful for us to determine manpower costing for projects. We are able to gauge where we are spending our time and where we should be spending our time. Further, we are able to analyze our time spent on individual customers as well as projects.

Cons

It took me longer than I would have liked to get my feet under me, so-to-speak. I had multiple offers from the timesheets.com support team, but thought I could learn it on my own. I learned more in one phone call with a support person than I could have learned on my own for months. I wish I had made that call sooner.

Amanda H.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Timesheets.com Review

Reviewed on 2016/07/06

I love this product. I find it a great value for the money. I have had two minor issues today. I clicked on the chat link and was immediately connected with a very knowledgeable associate. I was walked through the process very quickly. On the second occasion, the chat was disconnected. The representative I was chatting with immediately called me to finish addressing my issues.

Pros

I like the flexibility my employees have. Not everyone has an office, or even reports to the building each day. The ability to log in from the job site is paramount for me.

Cons

I had a little trouble in the beginning with setting up account codes. As the administrator, having access to all usernames would be helpful. I have seasonal employees who don't work frequently enough to remember them.

Pamela P.

Timesheets.com has made our time management much easier!

Reviewed on 2018/01/23

Pros

We love the ease of using the system. Our employees do not really need any training - they just watch the tutorials, and they are good to go. The reports are easy to run. We used to compile our excel timesheets manually, and also had to compile reports manually.

Cons

I wish that timesheets kept the data for longer than one year. Also, some employees have reported that capturing receipts through their phones is cumbersome.

Sara E.

Love it!

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

We operate a rural health transport service & have employees that work remotely & never come to the office. Timesheets works great for us, allowing us to track hours & keep an eye on overtime.

Pros

There's many things to like! It's easy for employees to use the clock in & out feature, it provides an audit trail of the time entry, had plenty of flexibility when setting it up to enable us to capture the information we need. I can't say enough good things about the excellent customer support & training!

Cons

Haven't really come across any big issues, I do suggest using their training resources before setting up your company. There's a lot of options, and if you don't know about them you won't be using this to it's full potential.

Emily M.

It was pretty simple to navigate and learn

Reviewed on 2018/06/13

Pros

It's nice when you have employees that work from home and can still clock in and out. It's also nice to not have hand written time sheets to try to decipher .

Cons

You can change your own times, which is nice in a way, but it can easily be abused. Other than that everything else is pretty nice!

Response from Timesheets.com

Hi Emily, Thank you for the feedback. I wanted to mention after reading your review that you while employees are defaulted to being allowed to change their own times, this is by design. This way, all requests are employee-generated (better for audits) and must be approved by a supervisor. You can also disable the ability entirely, but we recommend leaving it on (with supervisor approval) so your employees can enter their own time change requests. You get a full audit trail that way. Please contact us so we can review your settings options with you.

Diana M.

Easy to use, good price

Reviewed on 2018/01/23

Pros

I like the ability to allow for individual employees to have more than one job position. I looked around for different online timesheet software that allowed for the capability to do so, and there were not that many. The price is fair and the layout of the website is easy to read.

Cons

It would be nice to have a timesheets app for iPhone and Android available as well in addition to the mobile site available.

Kanwal R.

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/01/15

Great customer service whenever needed.

Pros

It's compatible with Paychex and everything is available in one spot.

Cons

Graphical user interface can be improved for easy clock in and out. Many other features can also be added for ease of use.

Brittany G.

Love this program - would highly suggest it to anyone looking to easily track payroll...

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Efficient in processing weekly payroll, maintaining and reviewing expense records.

Pros

Ease of use to pull reports, see hours, fix any uh-oh's. Like that all staff can see when others have requested time off.

Cons

Ability to create color-coded/office specific schedules is extremely difficult. I have to use wheniwork to create our schedules - love their software as well other than that when people request off, they can't see if others have already requested off - probably only reason we still use timesheets.com. If you update your scheduling, I'd pay a small higher fee and love you even more!

Karyn W.
  • Industry: Insurance

Ease of time keeping and management

Reviewed on 2018/01/23

Less stress when managing staff movement

Pros

It can accessed anywhere which makes use by myself and staff easier.
Time stamped when alterations are made.

Cons

Updating of daylight savings time can be a challenge as it doesn't always work so it can cause a few issues

Response from Timesheets.com

Hi Karyn,

Please contact us regarding daylight savings so we can help you with the issue. There should be no problems whatsoever with the transition. Thank you for your feedback.