Showing 262 reviews of 243

Sage 50cloud

Cloud-connected accounting solution for small business

Showing 262 reviews of 243
Brandon T.
  • Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Sage 50 Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Sage has always been helpful through online or phone calls whenever you need them. Find the right consultant for you, and you experience improves.

Pros

There is alot of things that are already set up for you to just hit the ground running and a lot of items integrated into the system to help small businesses that need a solution but no time to customize a whole system.

Cons

Sage 50 allows for minimal customization from their out of the box set up software. This plays as an advantage, but does not allow you to get the information you want in the view you want.

Martinho H.
  • Industry: Executive Office

I have been using the sage billing system for several years. I recommend

Reviewed on 2020/02/15

It is software that has been with me daily for several years, I'm already in tune with the program, the experience is fantastic

Pros

Very intuitive, easy to perform everyday tasks , Has very important sales charts, In the main frame we have all the necessary information, we don't need to go around opening several menus.

Cons

In my case, I cannot reconcile with my accountant , It is not easy to layout invoices is not a very easy process

Ken B.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Horrible customer service

Reviewed on 2021/01/05

Our business closed due to COVID-19, we called in November of 2020 to let them know we wouldn't be renewing our subscription for payroll services in 2021 but, needed to figure out how to print out the 4th quarter returns and W-2's. We were advised it wouldn't be a problem but, they had not updated the tax forms for the yearend yet. Today, we got a different answer......SOL, you don't renew your subscription you don't have access to the forms.......after being a customer for over 20 years this is their thank you ~ NOT!

Pros

Unfortunately, none that I can think of at the moment

Cons

Our business closed due to COVID-19 and they won't allow us to access the payroll forms.......after being a customer for over 20 years .......we're SOL........this is their thank you ~ NOT!

Amber B.

Will keep charging you after cancellation

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

After cancelling my subscription Sage continued to charge my account for 5 months . After contacting customer service and being told I was owed a refund I have still not received a refund and that was 5 months ago

Pros

I use Sage 50 for my accounting , but would never purchase any service through them due to their customer service. After renewing my subscription & charging my account without authorization then continuing to charge my account after I cancelled the unauthorized renewal

Cons

Their Customer service is terrible purchasing any monthly service through them is risky , make sure you keep all bills , emails and transcripts of phone calls

Worst experience ever

Reviewed on 2020/07/09

I had one call and because the tech rep could not stay on the phone while I did as he asked, he did up a ticket...which he immediately closed. When I called back in they could not / would not reopen that ticket. I got pushed to sales and they would not give me back my one support call. That rep said I could speak with a supervisor, then pushed me back to tech. When I called in, someone took my name for the supervisor to call me back, and that never happened. This is the worst customer service I have seen in years. Meanwhile my newly purchased upgrade, is not doing what it is supposed to. Thanks for nothing Sage!

Pros

Fine once you get used to it; it is not as user friendly as Quickbooks

Cons

Functionality between computers has been a problem and tech did not help; read below

Rachel A.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Good software if you know what you are doing

Reviewed on 2017/06/14

Once I became familiar with this software and how to work my way around it, it has remained an integral part of our business accounting. The longer we use it, the more valuable it becomes. The sheer magnitude of accounting and business tracking capabilities is incredible.

Pros

Sage is regularly updating and improving their software. There are many ways that you can make mistakes, but if you know what you are doing it is generally easy to fix said mistakes. The reports are a life saver when it comes time to do taxes or if I simply need to review something on an account.

Cons

You will want at least a very basic accounting knowledge before trying to use this software if you are starting from scratch.

Alicia R.

Works best if you are utilizing all the job features

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Sage has helped us to improve our job costing. The reports can be exported into Excel for further analytics and review.

Pros

Features work well among eachother. Create PO, Apply to invoice, Inventory, Pay bill. Create your job quote, assign job, bill job, view job costing. I have found we are happier with the program the more we utilize it to its full potential.

Cons

Using only certain features is difficult, as the steps in between may be missing to view full reports. It's also pretty ugly and kind of clunky, but it works and does the job. Additionally, it can be difficult to find support online because this is not a popular product.

Christine S.

Sage 50

Reviewed on 2018/08/16

We've used this software for over 20 years. We have not outgrown it even though our business has grown.

Pros

Very user friendly. If you're only looking for an accounting software this software fits the ticket. It does all financials tasks - accounts receivable, payables, general ledger, payroll, inventory etc.

Cons

It isn't useful if you're a service organization - you cannot track time, and expenses. All invoices are imported into this software from FileMaker.

Ashley T.

Easy to learn the basics

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

Overall the program is user friendly and I have been able to learn as I go for the most part

Pros

Fairly simple to enter information and complete daily tasks. Banking, invoices, sales and reports are easy to find and check for errors

Cons

I don't like how the program backs ups and overwrites, I wish that there was a simpler way to ensure if there is a critical error that you could trace it back more easily. Backing up and updating always makes me leery

Idowu S.
  • Industry: Accounting

It is a good software for the small to medium size businesses whosr transactions involve...

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

Very good software when it comes to dealing with general ledger type of transactions. The budgeting module is particularly good by displaying variances and allowing you to drill down the actual transactions from the same screen.

Cons

The developers should attempt to migrate this to an ERP to make it more functional. The shortcomings in inventory documentation will be easy to overcome.

Shevaunn N.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Extremely easy to use, unlike other accounting software I have used in the past.

Reviewed on 2017/05/16

I save time on training and exporting alone. I could hook this up to my bank and make my life that much easier, but that would just spoil me :p

Pros

I like Sage because it is very easy to use. I did not have to train on the software at all, I self taught myself. Also, being able to export to excel is a BONUS

Cons

If you want help from sage, you have to pay a ridiculous fee. HINT: almost everything is now free through google!

Angela H.

i have been using Sage for many years. I am comfortable using it for my businesses.

Reviewed on 2017/10/03

Pros

User friendly and easy to use. I like the most recent update, it is aesthetically appealing. I also find the payroll function very easy to use.

Cons

Seems to crash often. Also, we signed up for the Sage Drive and had 1 problem after the next. Since there are too many bugs at this time, we stopped using Drive. Too risky, considering we lost over a month worth of data.

Laura P.

Good software just not for my industry

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

The software is not difficult to use. It is pretty easy to drill down on most reports. Can customize users to lock out information based on need to know information.

Cons

This software is not bad, but I wouldn't recommend it for construction use. If you need to job cost and post costs based on use, not on invoice, this isn't a good software for that.

Elein V.

Longtime business user

Reviewed on 2017/10/12

It keeps us extremely organized and our data is easy to sort and analyze.

Pros

It is extremely user friendly. It has a lot of features that prevent double entries and create an audit trail.

Cons

There are a few screens that I would like to print that do not offer that feature. Otherwise the reporting is excellent and the exporting to Excel and pdfs is more than enough.

Lily V.

User friendly Program

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Pros

The program is easy to use and easy to catch on. It's very easy to learn and teach others how to navigate the program.

Cons

The program only works for a single entity at a time. If you want to work on multiple entities at once or have multiple windows open, you have to open a new window and log in each time.

Janet K.

Homebuilder Software

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

This is very good software for basic home builders.

Pros

This is a very easy product to implement and use. The job cost is basic, but very adequate for homebuilders who sub out most of their work.

Cons

Limited sophistication. When calling support not all techs are knowledgeable and it is hard to get through.

Very difficult and clunky software to use

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

We've used Sage 50 Accounting for over 20 years, however, the quality of the software has gone downhill. every new iteration leaves more to be desired; I called the customer support once to provide feedback but even that they can't do well.

Pros

Sage 50 is adequate for a profesisonal accountant; however, it's not for everyone. It does financial statements and bank reconciliation as well as inventory and payroll.

Cons

The software is not very intuitive; the interface is very clunky; window refreshes are slow to stalling; the setup for using it on a network is poor and not up to date (as of 2017, cannot use Sage 50 Accounting on Distributed File Servers).

Jeremy M.

Sage 50

Reviewed on 2017/07/14

OK for a small business that just needs an off the shelf product that can handle most needs.

Pros

Relatively easy to use and has a lot of built-in reports. Can handle a wide range of functions. Price is reasonable.

Cons

It can be a little constricting in terms of functionality, not great when higher complexity is needed.

Patrick L.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Good all inclusive inexpensive software geared to accountants

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

Pros

It's a relatively inexpensive, feature-packed software package that makes sense to accountants, rather than Quickbooks which is geared more toward the layperson.

Cons

It is a bit ponderous in that it takes up a fair bit of resources on your PC. It can become crushingly slow at times.

Sarah D.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Good for Small Business

Reviewed on 2018/10/18

Pros

This software is easy to use. It can manage inventory and general transactions. There is project management which is a nice feature.

Cons

The reporting is very basic and there is no ability to customize records (only with text box). It is slow if there are large transactions.

Sundeep M.

Designed for small business owners

Reviewed on 2017/10/16

- Small buiness full cycle accounting experience.

Pros

Ease of use, fully cycle accounting, professional-looking invoices, prints cheques and manages direct deposits.

Cons

The need to continually having to upgrade this software every few years can make it expensive. over the long run.

Allan B.

Sage 50 review

Reviewed on 2017/02/09

Generally an excellent product for the non-accountant.

Pros

The package either has as standard modules or add-on modules all of the functions you would need to run a small business

Cons

Requires M$ Office for exporting to excel spreadsheets.

Kathy B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

All out blackmail...

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

I have been a customer for over 30 years of Simply Accounting, which changed to Sage 50 over the years. Last year I purchased the new update, as they deactivated the software I was using. This year, they want a whopping amount for one year. As a small business owner, this is an unexpected expense that is not feasible. I was on holidays when my credit card expired. told them I could not update, as I did not have card. Did it when I returned, and found out then the cost... Told them I wanted to talk to manager. They disconnected me. I can't get into my accounting software, as I can not even fix a paycheck that was previously posted. Blackmail, will be looking at other software this winter, after 30 years. Bad company policy.

Pros

The pro was that i was familiar with this software after working with it for 30 + years, but no longer. Customer support is not good.

Cons

Disconnect, with no alternative then to pay 400 % + markup. Very unhappy customer of 30 + years, will no longer be a customer

Drew T.

Good Accounting Software

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

Pros

Once experienced with UI, navigating software is quick and easy.
With Sage Drive can have multiple users accessing data at any one time.

Cons

Was a bit complicated to learn to use.