GlobalLink

Deliver local language products, services, applications

4,6
4,8
James S.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Best translation software on the market

Reviewed on 2020/06/03

They are the best. They have a solid team with high standards for customer service and bend over backwards to make sure that their solution meets your business requirements.

Pros

Super easy to use on multiple CMS's. There are a variety options to choose from in terms of connecting it to your content.

Cons

No real cons to think of for the translation software.

Georg K.
Industry: Computer Hardware
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A platform for collaborative translation

Reviewed on 2020/02/24

You can tell that GlobalLink was designed and built by practitioners and honed and fine tuned by a large organization for its daily usage. Some of the features may be optimized for an LSP organization that are not as valuable or fitting for a buyer with a different supply chain structure.

Working with TDC in improving the product was a great privilege.

Pros

GlobalLink is a powerful translation management system that breaks down most data and process silos to allow a complex supply chain to share data and collaborate in real time. Translators can work in a fully-featured browser-based translation editor. They have their translations of sentences and glossary terms at their fingertips. Concordance search against a 50 million words sequence of translation memories is lightning fast. Translators can share terminology suggestions in real time or kick off a workflow that routes their linguistic query directly from the translation environment to the person who answers back to the translation environment. Translators ask many questions, they are an indicator of translators being engaged and a direct predictor of translation quality. The above features drive quality and productivity and enable an organization to practice agile development and delivery of global content in a sustainable manner.

Cons

There are a few bits and pieces missing:
- a supply chain model that is built up from the ground to fully enable LSPs to manage their user accounts;
- electronic workflows need to be fully dynamic, allowing PMs to add or remove select workflows even in an ongoing submission;
- to ensure fair payment to translators who collaborate on a submission, after-the fact analysis of word count is needed to determine which translator translated a sentence and which translator benefited from this translation in a repeated instance.
- the built-in linguistic checks need to accommodate variances across target languages (e.g., white space needed before a colon in French, but not in German).
- the integration with the DQF needs to also capture quality metrics. It currently only captures productivity metrics. Sending data to the DQF is valuable to compare oneself to other organizations in the industry.
- Many admin features are not exposed to the buyer. For example, it would be useful for the buyer to be able to configure the MT integration.

Sophie W.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Functional software

Reviewed on 2020/07/24

Overall good, yet I feel more features that increase the UX could be explored. In addition, for the price of the service as a whole I would expect some more customer centric features. Like the example above.

Pros

It's simple in set-up. You send in a file, it comes back translated. You can attach reference files, make notes, set the date. It's got all the key features you need and it always works, never any bugs.

Cons

It's very basic. I would expect that as the service is quite expensive there would be a library feature which allowed you to search for already translated copy. We have these very basic sentences, for example "thank you for subscribing to the newsletter". We might place this in one location on the site, yet two years later CRM wants to leverage this translation. In order for me to find the translation deck I will have to remember where I saved the original file/named the project. Since all of these decks are part of the Global Link database it would be much more useful if I could just look for it in there.

Ricardo R.

Globalink

Reviewed on 2020/08/06

Pros

The software is easy to use, the translations that we receive most of the time are correct and the time we invest in translations is much less. Nowadays we are more efficient using this software

Cons

I just miss more statistical data on the translations we asked for.

Tatiana B.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Very satisfied with our partnership with GlobalLink

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Pros

The software is sturdy and very user friendly. But I must say that what I like best is the team of people behind it, and the way they become one with our team in helping us reach our goals.

Cons

We had some bugs in the beginning, nothing major, and we were able to work together in finding a quick response.

Response from TransPerfect Global

Thank you, Tatiana! We appreciate your support and truly value our partnership. Thank you for the positive feedback and we really enjoyed having you at GlobalLink NEXT.

Madeesen S.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Robust and flexible tool

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/07/15

The team provides great support and is available anytime we need them. They understand quickly my issues and would invest to find a solution rather quickly.

Pros

The team provided a connector that is cut to our needs. The platform is also easy to use for our web reviewers and we nearly never had bugs to report about the platform itself.

Cons

On the other hand, the print reviewers/users faced some issues with the styling of the in-design files that came back. Fonts were changed, links were no longer working and image format was changed.

Fabio O.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Best in class translation workflow app

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

Pros

The flexibility of platform and the "user friendly" approach

Cons

More tools to control the budget and translation cost

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Review GlobalLink

Reviewed on 2020/06/03

A seamless experience

Pros

It supports multiple integrations with other tools.

Cons

No cons come to mind now.

Jason R.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Excellent Product by a Professional and Attentive Company

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

TransPerfect has quickly shown to be a valuable partner. Their advice and guidance is as objective as you can get from a vendor, and we value their consultation. It helps to have IT resources or an IT partner that has integrated with GlobalLink before. Our set-up was quite fast and painless. We did not experience any integration issues and were up and running without bumps.

Pros

The product integrates very well with our CMS and allows us to reduce the overall time from translation, translation reviews and pushing updates to our CMS for final UAT. The ability for our reviewers to collaborate in the portal along with the translators and make updates in a single source while being able to view a preview of the translated content is an optimal workflow.

Cons

I have not used the software. I selected and facilitated the purchase for our Marketing and Digital Teams. All of the feedback has been very positive. We have used other translation agencies in the past, and TransPerfect and the GlobalLink solution have been seen as a vast improvement. No complaints so far.

Daniel M.
Industry: Chemicals

Solid Sitecore integration

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/07/30

This is a great product that enables us to do large volumes of work with a small team.

Pros

The integration with our CMS ultimately wound up being a huge benefit for our company. Being able to run workflow through our CMS and seamlessly create translation jobs which are then returned back to the CMS enables our team to stay lean and focused on adding value rather than worrying about large administrative tasks.

Cons

It takes careful planning, communication, and execution to get things dialed in correctly. Fortunately the technical support was able to get us to where we needed to be. At times getting everything connected correctly was labor-intensive.

Erica Z.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Service Team Partners using GlobalLink

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

I am the individual who introduced this tool to our team a few years ago and it genuinely revolutionized the way we were working - passing endless numbers of files back and forth via email, struggling with edition control, progress, and coverage. Now that we have it, I couldn't go back, and am looking forward to future improvements so it grows with its clients' sizes and scopes.

Pros

The concept of this software is fantastic - it has all of the bare bones of what has changed the way we function with translations. It's intuitive and we've customized it to support our ways of working. I like the communication field and the ability to approve quotes as it centralizes comms and makes it easy for us to manage projects across different service team members.

Cons

I think it could be taken to the next level with some enhancements that are still in the pipeline. The team is very open to feedback and suggestions, which is great, but I don't find the tool very scalable for large projects or information-sharing. Things like being able to duplicate projects or build in multiple project timelines could help with project management.

Doug W.
Industry: Computer Software

Globalizing an Complex Enterprise Software Product

Reviewed on 2020/07/10

Customer support has been extremely good. It allowed me as a one-person operation for globalization within the company to deliver the goods without begging for help from IT and other departments.

Pros

Specifically OneLink takes away a great deal of the burden associated with localizing a website that's under continuous delivery. It practically just like point it at your site and you've got a localized site. No need for tons of personnel and infrastructure on the back end.

Cons

No other vendor has a product like this so it ties you to them for the long haul. But the benefits are worth it.

Lynda H.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

GlobalLink Rocks

Reviewed on 2020/07/14

Pros

I use GlobalLink on a daily basis and absolutely love it. It is very easy to use and meets all our needs. Plus their Technical Support is top notch!

Cons

I do not have any complaints about GlobalLink. It works perfectly for what we need.

Saskia H.
Industry: Retail

Transport easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/07/27

We moved away from a more manual way of working, using excel sheets, to a more automated process. Which resulted in more efficiency and a better synergy in the translations.

Pros

Transport is really easy to use. Anybody can do it and that's great, since placing an assignment should be easy to do. Also the possibility to get notifications and to be able to use messenger to contact Transperfect is very nice. I'm a happy user of this tool.

Cons

No Transport is easy to use. Downside sometimes is the long loading time. Especially when looking up what the reviewers has changed.

Madeline B.

Best Partner

Reviewed on 2020/06/02

Excellent tool

Pros

Software is easy to use and training is not difficult.

Cons

At times things are not picked up and we need to redo.

Matthew J.
Industry: Automotive

Matt Jacques - Sherwin Williams

Reviewed on 2020/07/16

Overall it has been a great tool for us in Marketing making sure we have translated literature pieces for use around the world.

Pros

Using the TransPort portal makes my life easy whether it be uploading 50+ documents at one time, choosing languages, or storing archived projects. Very user-friendly and easy to use.

Cons

Havent had any negative experiences to offer feedback on this.

Betty R.
Industry: Chemicals

Project Director User

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/06/09

I like that I can submit the data that I need for my project to the portal. My submission will generate an email to the person that provides a quote for the project. Once I reply to the quote email, the vendor performs their tasks and then uploads the completed project. I receive notification that my project is complete. I can then easily retrieve it from the website at my convenience. It is pretty much handsfree due to the automatic notifications.

Pros

The software is easy to use. It is intuitive to use. I like that I am able to find past completed data on the website, if needed.

Cons

I do not have any complaints about GlobalLink software.

Alex P.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

An easy to use and constantly evolving translation tool

Reviewed on 2020/06/07

The way that translation memory is integrated with the review of translated pieces, is very helpful and saves reviewers a lot of time.

Pros

Integrates with our CMS (Sitecore), appointed account manager and technical point of contact, free upgrades, constant evolution.

Cons

Full customization is difficult to make relevant to everyone.

Juan S.

Great and useful

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/07/15

Support and team is outstanding. Software is top notch!.

Pros

Efficiencies and being able to levarage content from our TM

Cons

Implementation was a little hard at the beginning

Christina S.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Easy Accurate Translation

Reviewed on 2020/06/02

Pros

The software is very easy to use. I love that it is user friendly and allows for quick and easy uploads.

Cons

I don't feel like anything is missing. This software is easy to use and I have never has any issues.

Kevin P.
Industry: Consumer Goods

TansPort

Reviewed on 2020/07/16

Easy to use and navigate

Pros

It has a wser friendly interface and features

Cons

There are no features or experiences with the software that I would classify as a con

Frederick S.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals

GREAT COMPANY!

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/07/23

N/A

Pros

I like how quickly the projects get turned around! We have been using this company just short of a year and it has been amazing! Thank for your hard work and great customer service.

Cons

I do not have any issues with this company. I have had a completely positive experience.

Geraldine G.
Industry: Biotechnology

TransPerfect

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

Pros

Easy to use/submit for translation. Great customer service.

Cons

System easy to use; no cons noted currently.

Tucker P.
Industry: Publishing
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Good Stuff!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/06/04

Pros

I find the complete package to be very user friendly and a time saver. The use of GlobalLink has been a great addition to our workflow.

Cons

No issues to date, I have found the process to be seamless.

Vinicius L.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Globallink review - Vinicius Lozorio

Reviewed on 2020/07/27

100% good and better comparing with the nacional products that we have in market LATAM.

Pros

It's a simple tool to use, review and approve projects. Attends all my demands and communicate good with my mail, So I don't lose the tracking of the projects.

Cons

Maybe it could have a unique page where the intire company can access the files.