Mikogo Reviews

Mikogo

Show any screen content from your computer over the Web in real-time to multiple people.

3.6/5 (17 reviews)

Not hard to use but don't look for support

Reviewed on 3/14/2019

I had been using Mikogo for several years now and most of the time it worked fine for my purposes. Specifically, I conduct remote enrollment services and need the software to run on any platform (ie. Mac & PC). I never have more than one participant besides myself in the conference. I also need to be able to transfer control of the mouse and keyboard for remote signature. I need to be able to transfer documents via secure file transfer or FTP and the software must be HIPAA compliant. Mikogo ran fairly well for me unless I had a Mac participant. In those cases, I found I was not always able to transfer mouse and keyboard control and unable to transfer documents. Recently I purchased a new laptop and when I ran the software from this PC, I could not find any documents to transfer even though they were stored locally on my PC. When I tried contacting support, I was unable to reach anyone by phone or chat and my emails went unanswered. I was given no other option than to drop my subscription and look for another service. Shame on you Mikogo, for selling a product in this country without any access to technical support.

Pros

It was fairly easy to use and in up until recently had few complaints.

Cons

The product gets failing grades for support when things don't work as planned!

1.0/10

Mikogo Free Remote Access Software

Reviewed on 2/13/2019

Pros

This software does basic remote access for free!

Cons

There are bugs to work out, it doesn't capture UAC prompts properly, and doesn't capture windows key keystrokes properly.

Not worth the money.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 7/2/2018

no benefit that other services do a better job of providing

Pros

Very easy to setup application, and easy to use. It's also simple for people invited to join and share screen.

Cons

The Screen freeze, the screen freeze, the screen freeze, no audio support so you cannot record voice and video, The customer support is poor at best. They also forced another year's subscription on me - they require paypal auto renew, The vast majority of companies will allow you to cancel an auto renew if you let them know in a reasonable time. I notified then within 5 minutes of renewal notice they refused to allow me to cancel - now I have paid for full year for software I would rather throw away. not a reputable company.

0.0/10

Web demo made easy enough for a senior citizen to use

Reviewed on 11/1/2016

I have a startup and need to do live web demo to prospective customers. Our application runs on Linux but customers view the demo on Windows. Mikogo came to the rescue. The first demo went so well, and the cost is so minimal, that I upgraded to allow more viewers. The instructions for customers are so easy to follow that nontechnical people (I am in a medical education field) can join in my sessions without difficulty. My mikogo contact always answers questions very promptly.
The only reason I didn't give this a 5 for functionality is due to a slight lag when playing real time video. If you don't require live video for your presentation, then mikogo is fine.

Response from BeamYourScreen

Thank you Florence!

Mikogo has not been reliable

Reviewed on 7/20/2016

We demo or software remotely as part of our sales effort. It reflects very poorly on our product if we cannot conduct a demo because our meeting software is down. I was an early user of Mikogo and liked the product. Lately we have been affected by a number of outages and cannot risk using the service any longer. We paid for a year they don't remind any portion of that as they say they have met their 98% uptime service level. I am not sure how they calc uptime, but if they do it to their advantage they would come up with 8760 hours in a year, which would allow for 175 hours down. We can't as a company justify paying for a service that can be down that much, and unfortunately has been down a lot when we needed it.

Pros

It can do both remote support and online meetings

Cons

In our experience unreliable, screen quality poor, and sometimes our users has difficulty installing the client.

0.0/10

Mikogo is a very easy to use and stable platform for screen sharing applications. I only use Mikogo

Reviewed on 9/18/2015

I really do not have any cons as far as Mikogo is concerned. I love all the features and ease of use.
The best part of Mikogo is that even a novice computer user can use Mikogo with ease. In my position as a Director for United American Insurance Co. I recommend Mikogo to the agents and I never get negative feedback, just positive response, even if they are not seasoned computer users. Thank you for all you do for us.

Very handy for small phone conferences

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 7/25/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I use a free version of this product and think it's a wonderful tool

Pros

I love to use Mikogo for small conferences and meetings! It's easy to share my screen and pass controls to another presenter.

Cons

We have had some people have trouble with installing the software and had some issues with occasional lags.

Great Software, Company attitude to customers not so great

Reviewed on 2/15/2010

Avoid, there are enough other companies out their with more honourable billing systems.

Pros

Product is easy to use, simple to install. Can be a little sluggish. It is probably the most user friendly of all the remote desktop sharing software that I have come across.

Cons

As a company BYS is only interested in getting your money.
Their autorenewal policy is the worst I have come across, they charge your card and then invoice you afterwards. They do not send an email informing you that you are coming up for renewal.

You must provide 3 months notification before they will accept your cancellation. Verbal agreements from the team are worthless.

Excellent for virtual teams

Reviewed on 3/11/2015

This is a really effective product for virtual teams. Only one person needs to download the software and the others can then be given a code. It makes it very quick and easy to do in the middle of a meeting. We've used it a lot, it's a really useful tool for our geographically disparate team.

After trying the software, not for us

Reviewed on 1/25/2018

Pros

I thought that the interface was very easy to use and get going, and it was great that it worked with windows machines. We had a client that was in a different state, and we needed them to see our screen while working on a project.

Cons

The frame rate on the other person's end was not idea. It needed to be much faster to stream live video from video editing software. We found that Skype was capable of doing the job better

Mikogo, Best Solution

Reviewed on 2/19/2016

After using several Remote support services I have finally settled on what I believe as the BEST. Mikogo far exceeds it's competitors on customer support and does exceptionally well with its ease of use for the non-computer literate.

James S

Works Great

Reviewed on 11/28/2018

I have used Mikogo for client support (screen sharing and training) and found it totally satisfactory to all my needs.

Pros

Mikogo works like I expected. I needed some online screen share software that was not only easy to use bit was easy for my clients.

Cons

I didn't find any problems. The software worked as I expected.

Great Screen sharing software to collaborate. ONLY software that allows you to click on screen

Reviewed on 12/13/2016

I work with several traders and we share our screens with each other and we have the capability to click on an area of the screen and we all can see what everyone is clicking on. A huge plus!!

Scam

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 3/28/2019
Review Source

i want my money canceled service same day and they won't refund my money...

Pros

There are better software out there both free and paid, very choppy to use. but decided to get it to check out canceled same day and now cannot get my money.

Cons

choppy, slow, not as robust as other software I have used the price was good was the only thing, but used other freebies and they are better.

Rating only

Reviewed on 9/18/2015
Review Source

OK, but questionable business practices

Reviewed on 1/24/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Tried to migrate and canceled but auto-renew flagged us and charged our cards for the upcoming year. Because they are in Germany we had no recourse and company hides behind a 3rd party. We were out the $$.

Pros

worked OK

Cons

Business practices

1.0/10