Zoho Projects Reviews

Project Management, Collaboration and Bug Tracking

Prathamesh
Prathamesh
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Excellent tool for task management

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

My overall experience is great with Zoho projects, it works fine if given the right technology support. In past three years we have done multiple updates and customization on Zoho projects and they have worked well for us. I personally would recommend Zoho projects to others to built a very good project management tracking system.

Pros

Zoho projects has been part of our organization from past 3 years. It is a very useful tool for project management. It has high importance in task management especially in tracking down deliverable in kanban projects. The user interface is very friendly and the dashboard is highly interactive. Milestones can be easily set and can be tracked throughout its completing period. Project lags, time delays, and bottlenecks can be identified easily in the system. This tool also helps to manage teams and individual tasks assigned to each person. Notifications can be enabled to track individual performances. Overall, this tool is multi-purpose tool that can perform wide range of tasks.

Cons

Zoho projects are hard to customize. Its scalability is very limited to certain tasks. It is good in project management, but it fails to provide a communication channel between people. Chat windows lag a lot between communication and real time forums take lot of time to update. Zoho requires high internet bandwidth, slow internet creates problem with updates and Zoho starts lagging. Multi user portal has also lot of issues. Even multi user portal is a common feature. The feature creates issues with file sharing. It takes lot of time for file transfers.

Maddie
Maddie
  • Industry: Computer Games
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Zoho Projects enables proper Project Management

Reviewed on 2023/08/15

Project managers, engineers, and consultants can all manage and administer projects from any location with the help of Zoho Projects. A browser-based, cross-platform, and rather user-friendly SaaS solution. It has all the capabilities one would expect from a program of this type.

Pros

We required a Project Management capability that integrated seamlessly with our CRM and Service Desk Line of Business systems and promoted information sharing across the board. To prepare for management meetings, one may manually create an Excel project schedule that includes task tracking and a Gantt chart.

Cons

Not all browsers are supported, and not all of the functions of Task Management are present. Several additional vexing features of the current implementation of the Project Template should also be improved upon.

I wanted to love it.

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

I wanted to love ZOHO Projects and all of ZOHO suits. And I still believe the concept is a fantastic one. Most of the major apps any small business will need one place. But it felt like ZOHO haphazardly patched together apps from several different creators.

I will be happy to try ZOHO again, once integration becomes more seamless. I look forward to newer versions!

Pros

The single login with the ZOHO suite was a nice feature. I tried ZOHO primarily because I wanted one suite for the majority of my business app needs.

Cons

My major complaint falls into two categories:
1. Integrations between ZOHO's own products are not as good as could be. And I have seen better integration with other PM software and third-party apps.
2. ZOHO suite, in general, does a lot of things, but most things not well.

I signed up for ZOHO Projects primarily because I wanted to integrate it with other apps in the ZOHO suite. However, I found these integrations were not seamless and nowhere near as functional as they could be. For example; I use both Projects and Invoices for clients, can send them invites from both applications for a client portal. However, both portals require a seperate login for the client. This frustrates clients, as they know both apps are ZOHO, yet they need separate credentials.

On my end, all of ZOHO's billing was not integrated. Which means there was a separate invoice and viewing page for billing for each ZOHO APP. I would expect billing to function more like G Suite, with all ZOHO apps billed together.

As a stand-alone PM APP I found it not to be user friendly. You can't choose which fields or features you want. We tend to use more of a Kanban methodology and would prefer if task start and end dates were not mandatory. While I like the idea of the Sprint version of this APP, I wanted some of the client management features of full Projects.

faisal
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Zoho Projects

Reviewed on 2023/10/24

simply great

simply great

Pros

its a great tool to manage company projects, helps in operations efficiency

Cons

it has come a long way and should continue previously they weren't improving it but now since its number 1, they are striving to keep it at the same level

Mayur

Very good software

Reviewed on 2023/12/19

Pros

I liked the scheduling and project planning very much. the clone feature is very useful.

Cons

I didn't like the monthly and yearly subscription per user. It would be good if the cost would be on projects basis.

• Industry: Architecture & Planning

Good project management app

Reviewed on 2023/12/22

Pros

It helps in tracking the project timeline and managing the project more efficiently.

Cons

The user interface is a bit complicated, I find it difficult to adapt.

Mohamed

Zoho Project management software

Reviewed on 2023/12/22

Pros

Ease of Access , Integration with other Zoho Apps

Cons

Reporting is limited . Need to purchase Analytics to get detailed reports

Peter

Super amazing tool for project management

Reviewed on 2024/02/06

Pros

Easy integrations with most of our services

Cons

Too many things in the UI causing confusion on what to click.

vydesh
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

nice tool for project management

Reviewed on 2024/01/18

Pros

easy to use tool and very useful this is

Yevheniya
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Zoho project review

Reviewed on 2023/12/27

Pros

Easy of use and user friendly interface.

Cons

I do not have enough experience to provide specific recommendations for improvement

• Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

The best of both worlds: value and features

Reviewed on 2022/09/13

Overall the experience has been very good for our team, since we are in apparel manufacturing, we have a ton of projects that span 6-12 months and different concurrent projects every month so Zoho keeps us track and schedule our seasonal projects without getting confused.

Pros

It is very easy to use the strong time tracking tools and project task setups

Cons

It does not include templates or anyway to create custom templates and some of the views are a bit odd

Google Analytics 360, ScheduFlow and SAP Concur

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Projects

the cost and usability were too high and difficult

AnyDesk

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Projects

the ease of use and cost
Courtney
  • Industry: Design

Least intuitive software I've ever worked with

Reviewed on 2022/03/15

Pros

It has about 1000 features, which is cool. Unfortunately, 999 of them are obscure, unnecessary, confusing, and remain unused. So it lacks proficiency in the most basic and most necessary of features.

Cons

Zoho Projects is truly one of the least intuitive, most frustrating softwares I have ever used. It's been nothing but a headache from start to finish with some of the worst UX/UI I've ever seen and it lacks some of the most basic tools a project management software should have. I'm so relieved to be moving on.

monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Projects

We wanted more advanced options and better integrations with all aspects of business (finance, CRM, time tracking). In the end, with Zoho, we got none of these.

Asana

Response from Zoho

Hello, Courtney.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave this comment. We at Projects take customer feedback seriously and are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Is there anything in particular about the UI/UX you think we could improve? We'd like to work with you to figure out what you believe is wrong with the UI/UX and how we can make it better. We'd be more than happy to set up a conversation with you to go over this in greater detail. Please email us at [email protected] to start the conversation.

Sarah
Sarah
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Superb Business Project Management Software

Reviewed on 2023/02/06

A project can be assigned to an individual with the help of a group chat, a deadline, and a list of what needs to be done and how long they have to do it.

Pros

There are a variety of options for visualizing any given project, and it's all quite straightforward and user-friendly. It's also an effective means of communication and cooperation inside the group. Simply put, it allows us to monitor the latest advances in our field.

Cons

When compared to rivals, I think the Zoho team may benefit from a more updated look and feel. The result could be an even greater edge for Zoho in the marketplace.

Ashish
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Zoho Projects has empowered our team

Reviewed on 2023/11/10

Pros

Zoho Projects has been an absolute game-changer for our team. We've tried numerous project management tools, but Zoho Projects stands out as an all-in-one solution that has significantly streamlined our workflow. The user-friendly interface, coupled with its robust features, has made project planning and execution remarkably efficient.

One of the standout features is the comprehensive task management system. It allows us to break down projects into smaller tasks, assign them to team members, set deadlines, and track progress effortlessly. The ability to visualize these tasks on Gantt charts or Kanban boards provides a clear overview of project timelines and individual responsibilities.

Collaboration has never been easier thanks to the discussion forums, where team members can communicate, share ideas, and provide updates, keeping everyone on the same page. The document management system is another gem, enabling seamless file sharing and version control, ensuring that the most current files are always accessible.

The reporting and analytics tools within Zoho Projects are fantastic for tracking project progress and team performance. The customizable reports and dashboards offer valuable insights that aid decision-making and facilitate better resource allocation.

Moreover, the mobile app is a lifesaver for our team on the go. It allows us to stay connected, manage tasks, and track progress no matter where we are.

What's truly impressive about Zoho Projects is the continuous updates and improvements. The Zoho team seems genuinely committed to enhancing the user experience, frequently adding new features and refining existing ones.

The customer support has been exceptional as well. Whenever we've had questions or needed assistance, their team has been quick to respond and extremely helpful.

Cons

The platform might have a slight learning curve for new users, especially when exploring its more advanced or intricate features. This could require time for team members to become fully comfortable and proficient with the tool.

Ryan
Ryan

Great platform for the price, but bugs and interface will drive you mad

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

Zoho Projects is a rare project management software that does all of the things our marketing agency needs it to do at a great price, which is why we've kept it for as long we have. We just wish it was considerably more user-friendly.

Pros

The number of features from Zoho Projects is impressive. Practically every feature we needed for our project management could be done, at a price no other platform could match. You can set billable and non-billable hours, you can clock into a timer for all tasks, and the task creation setup is pretty robust.

The interface has improved a ton in the 3 years I've been using the platform, and you can tell the developers are constantly trying to improve stability and features for users.

Cons

As great as the features are, the functionality of the software can be quite frustrating. The interface is bland and can be very difficult to navigate. We can usually find what we need but finding it can be quite the challenge.

Along with that, some features have head-scratching quirks that we've never been able to figure out. For instance, every time we create a new project it will only add *some* of the managers to the project, instead of all of them, even though there's no difference in their permissions. It's a technically *stable* software, but we often grow envious of other, more functional project management software that's out of our price range.

William

On first glance has the features you need

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

This could be a great basic and affordable project system if Zoho would just fix some basic day to day usability issues. As it is, it's frustrating and not flexible enough in some basic ways.

Pros

Has all the high level features you would want from a basic project management software. Projects, tasks, issues, share access with customers, custom fields, discussions, calendars, finances. Integrates with other Zoho products like Desk and Books.

Cons

The integrations are flaky. Integration with Zoho Desk is very limited and we ran into several bugs setting it up. The integration with Zoho Books doesn't work well for our workflow so we end up creating invoices manually in Books instead of using the integration.
The system doesn't remember your preferred view and constantly changes on you.
The Kanban view is next to useless. It allows for no sorting at all! It doesn't display any additional useful information like priority/severity.
Support is lackluster. They will respond, but not really directly address your issue. My takeaway from this is that the system is the way it is, take it or leave it.
Because of all the small UI quirks and bugs it wastes a lot of your time.
I find the settings difficult to navigate. Even though I fairly often change settings, I still have trouble finding the proper project level settings every time I need to change something.

Austin
  • Industry: Entertainment

Zoho projects is affordable

Reviewed on 2023/08/31

We've gotten the benefit of more organized projects that are finished by the expected date, all for a great price. Recommend trying it.

Pros

This is the most affordable option and it's still pretty good despite the low price. Time tracking is really easy and pretty much runs itself without a lot of supervision. Projects are the core of this app though and it's safe to say they'll be better with Zoho Projects. Easier to assign and track tasks, talk through planning or problems, and set a budget. Also set a time line, task dependencies, and use Gantt charts.

Cons

Customer service makes me frustrated because it's so hard to get them to begin with and then it's still a circus getting whatever problem it is sorted out. Would make more sense for them to put more time and effort into it so that it doesn't bring the product down.

Shahila
Shahila
  • Industry: Facilities Services
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Good software for collaborative project management

Reviewed on 2021/06/17

Pros

Our team's efficiency in managing, executing, and collaborating on projects has improved due to utilizing Zoho Projects' features and tools. We may add clients towards the client platform to have them on the project on which we are cooperating, and we can control and filter the data we provide with them.

Cons

The software takes a long time to load the resources, so I had to wait for it to finish loading all of them before I could begin working with it. I need to download the software since I can't use it from my smartphone. The interface design is obsolete, and there is no indication that it will be updated soon.

Mauricio
Mauricio
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Solid tool for project management

Reviewed on 2023/12/01

Zoho Projects offers a variety of project management and collaboration features to increase team productivity. Not recommended for teams that are not used to project management tools, documentation and progress tracking.

Pros

Zoho Projects provides a complete set of project management tools to help your team plan and track a complex portfolio of projects. The tool easily integrates with other Zoho tools such as CRM or Desk.

Cons

The interface is a bit complex and takes some getting used to. Programming directly on the Gantt view can be challenging.

Rajesh

Streamline Your Task and Time Management with Zoho Projects

Reviewed on 2023/02/26

Zoho Projects is a versatile and comprehensive project management software that offers a range of features to help businesses manage their projects more efficiently. The software provides an intuitive and user-friendly interface that makes it easy for users to navigate and use the tool, even if they have little to no experience with project management tools.One of the standout features of Zoho Projects is its affordability, with a range of pricing plans that cater to small and medium-sized businesses. The software offers robust collaboration and communication tools that enable team members to work together efficiently, along with integration with other Zoho products and third-party apps to streamline workflows.While there are some limitations to the software, such as limited customization options and occasional performance issues, Zoho Projects' overall strengths and comprehensive feature set make it an excellent choice for businesses looking for a cost-effective project management solution. Overall, Zoho Projects provides an efficient and streamlined approach to task and project management that can help businesses stay organized and on track.

Pros

Comprehensive project management features that cover all aspects of project management, from task management to time tracking and reporting.User-friendly interface that makes it easy for users to navigate and use the software, even if they have little to no experience with project management tools.Affordable pricing plans that make it accessible to small and medium-sized businesses.Robust collaboration and communication tools that enable team members to work together efficiently.

Cons

Customization options can be limited, making it challenging to tailor the software to specific business needs.The user interface can be overwhelming for some users, particularly those who are new to project management tools.

Diana
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Flexible program but terrible support

Reviewed on 2020/02/28

We felt a bit frustrated with their support and didnt want to buy into their model anymore.

Pros

We enjoyed setting this program up because it had flexibility to allow us to set it up for our marketing business and also cosmetics. We had many contractors too so it was great we could track their times for each task.

Cons

Once we started adding more users, it became too expensive. In the end, we had to step away from this because we had over 30 users and we needed something that wouldn't charge so much for adding new users. We needed a better package deal. Support was terrible and they tried to lure us in with paying for support.

Microsoft Project

More features and functions

Trello
Vikram

Perfect for a small business with lots of clients

Reviewed on 2017/12/11

We had been looking for years on how to properly transition from a printed spreadsheet, to an online collaborative system where all members of our (small) team could easily access production and client information from a central online platform. We tried various project management tools, but the curve with Zoho Projects was perfect. We all learned how to use the software in less than a day so we can now focus on getting work done. It's been a time and money saver from day one and we look forward to the continued incremental improvements to further help our business.

Pros

Easy to learn interface. Adaptable to our business needs. Very good for a cooperative or individually-based environments.

Cons

We do a lot of searching for tasks. However, when you are inside one of the few dozen projects we have, we can only search for tasks within the project. It would be great to have a search where all tasks are displayed, no matter where you are inside Projects. This would be great for how we have adapted the software for our needs.

Priyabrata
Priyabrata

Very user friendly and affordable too. Awesome tool for project management.

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Best in class Project management tool. It has the option to display the progress of the projects, number of bugs raised and fixed in charts, so that an user with less technical knowledge could also be able to understand its functionalities.

Pros

One of its best feature is timesheet. It's very easy to fill up the timesheet. You can fill the timesheet in monthly ,weekly even daily basis. Very easy to track the assigned bugs and has the option to send notifications through mail after resolving the bugs(issues). It has the option to switch multiple projects in order to keep track of projects, if a single developer is assigned to multiple projects at the same time.

Cons

Still has some minor bugs like when we resolve an issue, we need to share the screen shorts with it as a proof, sometimes the screenshort got uploaded, sometimes it won't though we have highspeed internet connections.

Prem
Prem

Best tool in CRM and Project management

Reviewed on 2023/01/15

Pros

If you are using zoho environment than zoho project is must.

Cons

In india slack is not supported in integrations

Tom
Tom

Professional services organization happy with Zoho Projects

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Multiple departments (implementation, product development, project management) have discovered the value of a collaborative tool which supports project management rigor (WBS, % complete, Tasks-to-Task dependency, etc.). We have been able to displace many siloed resources internally, such as hosted spreadsheets and MS Access databases.

Pros

Provider-client collaboration. Zoho Project allows internal team members to easily coordinate activities across a complex WBS (work break-down structure) .AND. collaborate and delegate tasks that the customer's contacts are responsible for.

Cons

That all Tasks and TaskLists under a given Milestone automatically inherit the property of either internal- or external-facing. This often causes us to replicate the WBS - one copy under internal-facing Milestone(s), the other copy under external-facing Milestone(s).