Zoho Recruit

Talent Acquisition System to streamline your hiring process

Brad D.

Be Careful selecting this software to build your business

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

Pros

Front line customer support is excellent and they go above and beyond

Cons

HORRIBLE Quality control. They keep releasing product that simply does not work!! Error codes at the very first step. And then they want you to get online with them and show them how their stuff is broken. I did this for 2 years and I am finally fed up with providing QC services to them when they CLEARLY do not have a functioning QC or testing regime. I am now 2+ years into the build out of our business and having to consider changing the core software that runs our business at immense costs in terms of time, training, business relationships etc. Not sure what I will do, maybe just screwed and have to put up with it for another 2 years.

To be crystal clear, their front line support people are excellent - above and beyond and truly great to work with so it pains me to have to write this review. But fair warning their QC is BAD and you will spend a lot of time showing them how their product does not work.. Value for Dollar is good but if you expect this software to grow with you forget i. and pay a little more for something else.

Anthony G.

Good Option, but limited.

Reviewed on 2017/03/07

I have looked at a lot of HR/ATS systems in a short period of time. Zoho Recruit is not the best, but could become the best by simply adding Evaluation process, Assessments, Reference Checking, Onboarding by allowing an API to use with our HR system, More options for working with other applications other than Zoho would greatly benefit the increase. I compared against Bamboo, and Zoho needs to take notes from them.

It has a good interface that is easy to use, views are very well designed. Price is King, and this is an affordable options even at premium levels. Highly customization. Free option available with a robust feature set. Integrates well with your website. Job Posting is very easy and customizable. This ATS option is an easy-to-use Applicant Tracking System and Recruitment Software that can help you track job openings, resumes, candidates and contacts more quickly and efficiently.

The interface is a minimalist design and has not kept up with current elements. I would like to see questionnaires or custom assessments to compare the candidate against the posting, and it does not rank that candidate for that position. Support was not really good. We had a issue with the candidates applying in our career page, and it would tell them they would get a password emailed to them, and they never got the emails, leaving the candidate hanging. We contacted support, and support was almost non-existent. They DO NOT have 24/7 support despite what websites say, and they are not as responsive to solve the solution. Many times I had to leave a message to go in to a blackhole when their chat support want available. In fact I never seen anyone available for chat.

We needed to collect and manage resumes, automate, question and test the vetting quickly and integrate the postings into our career page. The biggest benefit is it is a good option for a company that does not have to vet resumes against a posting in a short time frame. If you just need a low cost solution, and you can compare the resumes to the posting manually, then this is a great option.

Jeff J.

State of the App

Reviewed on 2016/10/25

I've been using Zoho products for almost 10 years. I've had a rich overseas experience in technology overseas for the past 30 years where I moved from hardware tech to software to gaming. I've generally been the software user in the organizations I've worked for and at that point 10 years ago, I was tasked with finding the right recruiting software.

One of the solutions I chose to review was Zoho and I recommended my firm use it. Unfortunately for them, they stuck with their less expensive ATS. (they were paying $10 / user - you get what you pay for has never been truer).

Despite that firm not using Zoho, I did and I've been a big fan of zoho ever since. At the time, I was telling my colleagues they were the SAP for the SME's and became more or less a power user.

Mostly I use their ATS, CRM and Project, but I've used almost every product they provide. I really like their products - they can all be customized to a high degree and the organization really backs up their products.

I would recommend you give them a try if you are looking for value for money.

Pros

From the beginning, I liked that the software included a parser and reporting, but the new features they have continued to add keep up well with the market place. I like the business rules and semi-automated business process, and the degree of customization given the user.

Overall, the Zoho organization is pretty switched on and their products are becoming more and more a mainstream SaaS choice - especially with the value for money aspect. You see them more and more in the reviews with solid ratings and there are a number of great apps that Zoho provide. It's nice to have a single provider and I expect that over time that the apps will continue to improve and work better together.

Cons

Though they've had a parser feature for some years, it isn't very high touch and needs improvement. Also, I use Zapier to integrate and semi-automate my processes, but I would like to have the applications to operate more seamlessly together.

Prabhjot singh B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Zoho Recruit Review

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

we used to use it 2 years back, then moved to Google HIRE and are now back to using it again.
we like it.
we like the structured approach to recruitment

Pros

we are a recruitment agency focused on the hospitality industry and for us, central recruitment software is critical for success.
we used ZOHO for a year or so and then moved to Google Hire for a bit, but have come back to Zoho.
We like all the modules, from CRM, database, search, schedules, emailing and todos.
The stuff that really works for us the status of the applicant and the review from our clients on the applicant.

Cons

the search can be improved. google hire has a cool function of suggesting similar profiles and doing timeline searches.

Summer M.

Works great for our small business

Reviewed on 2017/02/09

We've used Zoho applications for over five years, so I have a lot of experience with them. Everything works very well for people with very little computer knowledge, and yet you can customize things quite a bit if you know what you are doing.

As far as Recruit goes... I have used Recruit before and like it, but they didn't integrate with other services as the time. I had to use Indeed's services and we had quite a bit of issues (with 3 of our companies) with candidates receiving emails from us to schedule interviews.

Now that Recruit is integrated with so many job boards, it is an awesome deal for the money, helps to weed through all the resumes, make notes, schedule things and keep a busy office organized. I WILL NEVER TAKE PAPER APPLICATIONS AGAIN.

As far as support, I never call in, I just use email, so usually by the time emails are returned (a few hours) I have already figured out what I was contacting them about (they have forums, community help, plenty of places to find what you need). That said, they are always responsive and polite.

Pros

Easy to use but not so user friendly that you can't use it if you are advanced
good customer support
a lot of documentation
integrates with many other services

Cons

Sometimes down, but usually fixed quickly

Jimmy B.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Excellent Recruitment Software

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

Ability to link candidates with clients for the entire recruitment life cycle. As a company we can effectively manage the candidate experience and respond faster. We have linked Zoho Recruit to our career page hence we do not have to receive resumes by email which makes us work smarter and reduces time.

Pros

The formatted resume functionality is fantastic as it helps us format resumes and brand them to send to clients all within the Zoho ATS, we can post to our company careers page, Facebook and twitter page. We have the ability to send feedback to candidate real time and also give the client opportunity to shortlist from the system which really makes our job easier. The software is very flexible and easy for us to upgrade or downgrade depending on number of users especially as the recruitment business is a very high turnover business.

Cons

I wish Zoho Recruit can incorporate a functionality to help manage temporary/contract staffing.

Sajith K.

Testing an ATS + CRM for recruitment firm

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

It has been a great experience in testing the trial version. I? want to use all the features and maximize efficiency of the team and myself.

Pros

The workflow of Zoho Recruit is seamless. It makes tasks easy and repetitive tasks not cumbersome thus enabling small and medium recruitment firms focus on what they do best help companies hire the best talent.

Cons

There a lot of features, which I don't believe we might use all.

Steffen Z.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Trial ZOHO Recruit

Reviewed on 2019/08/15

Pros

At the moment we are using the trial version ZOHO Recruit, but we will soon move from our old system to Zoho.

Here are our first experiences:

Very good support in Germany as well as international support outside of local office hours.
Zoho also organizes events in Germany where you can exchange professional experiences or you can ask questions directly to Zoho sales people.

Since the data is stored online, the user can flexibly access and edit his data from any PC. This allows you to work out flexibly from the home office.

You can upgrade ZOHO, which means you can add building blocks CRM etc.
Many functions in ZOHO recruit are very helpful for us or shorten our processing time. Time is Money!

ZOHO als plays with open cards and has a clear open price structure. Monthly or annual payments are possible. When it comes to competition, it is often not clear what the products/service cost.

So far we are very satisfied! SZ

Cons

What I dislike, ZOHO recruit could be more colored so that it looks more user friendly and modern.
on the contrary, we cannot say negative things so far, because we have not yet worked with all the functions. We will keep you informed!

Chris F.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

For the right needs, an incredible value

Reviewed on 2018/07/22

If you need a UI-centric place to store data, and you are on a budget, I can't imagine you'd find a better place. For us, this was the necessary stepping stone for between Excel and when we had enough revenue to license a proper CRM/ATS. Basically: I was very happy we did this for 18 months, but when it was time to leave it was a relief.

Pros

Zoho is very user friendly, very customizable, and extremely affordable. We were able to add and delete fields almost everywhere we wanted to, and I felt that the navigation and search functionality were very user friendly - required not much training.

Cons

The monthly (which I couldn't find anywhere else for a comparable product) price is allowed - near as I could tell - by the lack of support. It didn't make me too angry because you can't have a CRM at this price without sacrificing something, but you should know up front support basically doesn't exist. Also, there isn't much functionality around tracking activity - so be aware of that before you buy.

Emmanuel E.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

awesome applicant recruitment and tracking software

Reviewed on 2017/04/18

Zoho Recruit is great value for money. I have enjoyed its ease of use and add on features for collaboration, and integration with websites and job boards. I own a recruitment company and Zoho Recruit has been great in how we manage and track our sales and close on our projects just for a good enough price compared to other software in the market.

Pros

Zoho chats, Zoho calling and video calling, Zoho share screen, job social, auto email responders, career website design, good customer support - always prompt.

Cons

web app takes forever to load when the internet is not very strong, perhaps the developers can work on ways to improve how this app works even when the internet is not so great.

Daniel alejandro M.

Affordable ATS option with nice features

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

Pros

I've been using Zoho softwares for a while now and they keep doing the job in a nice way. The Zoho recruit app is not the exception as it does a great work as also presents a nice user interface.

It comes with a free option to try it out so it makes easier to make a choice when trying to find the right applicant tracking system. Easy to use, to understand and to work your way around it. Great features with a really nice integration with my website and if you have any questions, their customer service department does a great job.

Works nice on my Android phone. Perfect searching capabilities (this one is nice) with standard functionality.

Cons

The fact that I cannot integrate this with my Office365 Outlook is something to work on. Probably a nice guide to get started from the beginning would be such a plus. Other than that, this app does the right job all the time.

Borisz B.

Zoho Recruit - Easy to use ATS with a great ecosystem

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

Pros

Easy to setup and use and satisfy most needs of a temporary staffing agency (what we are). Clear and easy to understand pricing and a brilliantly complete eco-system of applications make it a great choice and allows to simplify and consolidate the toolset used.

Cons

Integration between Zoho Recruit and Workerly (used for timesheets and invoicing) is not fully ready yet.
Career page does not fully meet our needs, but this may be specific to us.

Mehrnaz H.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Sophisticated yet easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

Pros

I have been using their software for two weeks now. They thought about everything upfront. It has al the functions you may think of in a recruiting software. The dashboards are easy to follow and the tool is very customizable so you can change to suit your needs. It is feature rich, and I would like to start testing their job site plugins and advertising feature set next. So far it is by far the best tool for the price that I have tested.

Cons

Some features that may not be necessary are difficult to turn off

Patrick A.

The most feature-filled applicant tracking system out there!

Reviewed on 2020/02/26

Before having an ATS like zoho we had did all of our recruitment manually (We hire hundreds of people each year) and this took so many people so much time. However, since we've had Zoho recruit we've been able to automate so much of the process which not only has helped us filter the better candidates through, but has also allowed us to do other things apart from recruitment.

Pros

Zoho recruit is so customizeable! It is so filled with features and functionality, but at the same time gives you so much scope compared to some of the other ATS out there.

Cons

It does take a while to set up the way you want it.

John S.

So far so good

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

We used Zoho invoicing for our last start up and it worked flawlessly. So we are excited to dig in with Zoho Recruit. It is a much more complex system than the invoicing module, but the same quality and ease of use is there.

Pros

Its feature rich, user friendly and best bang for your buck if you are a start up.

Cons

This is to be determined as we are still ramping up with the system.

Jordan C.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Top quality, fully customisation-friendly system

Reviewed on 2016/09/21

Zoho Recruit has been implemented across our entire organisation (Recruitment Agency) and we have had particular success with the system

Pros

The Mass-Mail function, coupled with the Merge-Field based Email Templates make the system very efficient and can dramatically increase the amount of applications we can send
Having the majority of the field customisable, and search-able has help greatly with us being able to tailor this system to our industry

With no experience in IT, I was able to re-design the back-end system, implement across the business and train all staff

Cons

The modular aspect of the system can take a little time to get your head around, but once you understand WHERE information is being pulled from, it all starts to make sense

Martin A.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

ZOHO best recruitment tool

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

I had a great experience with this tool to administer my team of recruitment and help them make a better database of candidates

Pros

Is a great tool for recruitment you can use the database of candidates you can build and add documents to the candidate add the CV and put coments in the candidate to know if it was hire or why not he was hire

Cons

is very expensive you can try the free trial because is a good tool but if you are looking for something cheap this is not for you

Ajey P.

Superbly designed Applicant tracking system

Reviewed on 2020/04/23

1. Managing and tracking the scores of candidates that apply for a job, and not missing out the nitty gritties so as not to miss the perfect candidate that you are looking for
2. Tracking the whole recruitment process to identify the inefficiencies in the process, and pin point improvement areas

Pros

1. Its flexibility to let the user configure and add/edit delete fields associated with the modules
2. Its quite well thought, it has covered even the smallest of steps that are involved in tracking a candidate's complete flow

Cons

Nothing much, UI can be little bit more intuitive and more attractive

Karen R.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Awesome value for the money - Best recruiting software out there

Reviewed on 2017/02/28

Great value for the money. Very comprehensive product offering. We switched from Bullhorn to Zoho Recruit - no comparison. Zoho recruit is a far superior platform. Our teams would highly recommend Zoho Recruit!

Pros

Highly customizable, easy to use, loaded with features, fully integrated with Google Apps along with wide variety of other Zoho integrated products - many of which we use and love! Super easy to post positions. Tech support has come a long way over the past few months - they are very responsive and have prompt and thorough resolutions! And the pricing structure is AMAZING!!!

Cons

A few of the search features could use a bit of work (they're minor in return for all the other features that you get) and we're told they will be addressed in the next update due out soon.

Carolyn B.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Excellent Business Management Software

Reviewed on 2020/02/26

Excellent. Excellent training, products, tutorials.

Pros

This is a highly integrated software system that also provides ease of integration with outside services as well.

Cons

I have not found anything that I do not like about Zoho Recruit.

Michael E.

I love ZOHO

Reviewed on 2017/10/11

Great ATS. I have recommended this to many friends.

Pros

The price!! I was able to get an extension on the trial so I had a free month free but the price is perfect for small business owners. This is super easy to use. I use it for candidate entry and it's a seamless process. There are other ATS software that have more options but Zoho offers plenty for what I use it for!!

Damian G.

Good for Start Up Companies

Reviewed on 2020/06/18

Good, customer service man in India is a nice fella

Pros

Very easy to use and I can create my own headers for candidates in the recruit feature

Cons

Still learning all of the functions. Some of the functions have too many bells and whistles, remember we are recruiters, so please keep the tech as easy as possible to use.

Morten F.

Zoho recruit

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

Pros

The best think about zoho is the user interface combined with the database flexibility, you can basically set up the system in any configuration you like, and you can do it on the fly, so if you later realised you missed a field or table at the initial setup you just add to the platform and it still work, brilliant.

Morten F.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Outstanding software, on point and just what you need.

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

Warren B.
  • Industry: Research

Excellent

Reviewed on 2020/02/28

Easy to use easy to learn

Pros

High Quality product with great interface

Cons

A little slow with multiple users logged