Zoho Assist Reviews

Zoho Assist

Instant Remote Support. Unattended Remote Access.

4.5/5 (184 reviews)
Eric C.

Finally: Affordable, well-done remote access software

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/04/02

Pricing plan is perfect for me. Product works better than other remote support products I have used in the past, and Zoho has excellent customer service.

Pros

Years ago, I purchased the small business edition of Teamviewer when version 10 was released. But as any Teamviewer user knows, every time they come out with a new version, you deal with constant compatibility headaches. I found myself constantly uninstalling new versions and installing old versions so that my clients would remain compatible. Then one day a vendor had to connect to MY computer to offer remote support. He was using a newer version so I had to uninstall my old license just so I could temporarily install the newer version, so that he could connect. This back and forth is an unnecessary headache. Then Teamviewer switched to a subscription-only model with a pricing model that is out of my budget. While searching for an alternative I came across Zoho Assist. Zoho offers many products and they have a good reputation so I figured I would try it out. Within 7 days I made up my mind and purchased the full year. Zoho Assist is easy to set up, easy to use and has worked consistently for me. I had a small issue (more of a wish list request) during my trial. To my surprise, Zoho support replied back and within 2 days my issue was resolved. Now THAT is some great customer support! I'm hooked on Zoho Assist and would recommend it to anyone looking for a secure, affordable remote support solution.

Cons

A few (minor) things:

1. The pricing model is confusing to me. They have a 'Remote Support' plan and an 'Unattended Access' plan. Why can't I have both (like all of the other remote apps). I suppose I could just buy two subscriptions? When chatting with Zoho sales, they tell me unattended access is NOT included with remote support. But during my trial of Remote Support I noticed with the Remote Support plan I can enable remote access. It's confusing. I think Zoho should just combine both products and call it a day.

2. Occasionally the app logs me out and I have to generate a new two-factor authentication application password. It may be something I am doing by mistake but I haven't figured it out yet.

Colin M.

Zoho Assist - Essential Tool for Support Technician's Toolkit

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

Zoho Assist is a great way to provide remote technical support and one on one instruction/training with users. We've yet to find a Windows PC it doesn't work with and it doesn't seem to have any issues working through firewalls.

Overall a great timesaver that just works as it should.

Pros

- Zoho Assist runs in a browser - no extra software to deploy
- Simple invite process; difficult for users to get lost
- Gets through every firewall we've tried it on
- IM chat with user means easy to update with progress and ask questions during remote session
- Ability to deploy and configure unattended access sessions

Cons

- Not many customisation options when embedding support requests to a web page, but this is a minor issue
- The free version lacks a few features (like file transfers); get the paid version

Nicholas R.

Super easy to use and to implement to a customer for helping them our remotely.

Reviewed on 2018/04/17

Pros

I think Zoho hands down is doing everything right when it comes to providing software to assist customers of their to assist their customers. Zoho Assist provides that extra layer of support and reassurance that any issue will hopefully be resolved right at that moment. This allows customer to have and experience that feeling that they are being well taken care of.

Cons

Only con is Zoho support team. I have had a few help me resolve some implementation issues and it took longer than it should have to be honest. I can say that I have seen an increase of time to resolution and that makes me feel like Zoho has also noticed this issue and is working to improve. Keep up the good work!!

Thomas A.

Just about the worst support software I have ever had the misfortune of using

Reviewed on 2016/07/26
Review Source

Based in a rural location, I have been providing technical support to my clients for over 10 years now. Having initially used pCAnywhere, I quickly switched to a SaaS solution from Citrix which worked tremendously well at a price and offered fantastic features. I begun to investigate alternatives some 3 years ago and came across the Zoho offering and registered as a Beta user on the understanding that the software may be problematic. It was fantastic and so when the Beta test finished I subscribed to their offering. Since then things have gone downhill from the deletion of all my unattended machines (with the embarrassment of asking clients to help me reinstall the software). I am currently experiencing a whole range of issues that affect about 50% of all my remote sessions; as a small business this is a disaster - I am unable to provide satisfactory service to my customers which is compromising my reputation. To be fair, they do fix issues when I complain, but it is often "we found some issue and moved you onto another server..." and then more issues crop-up.

Pros

Inexpensive, Reasonable Customer support
Attended system is okay

Cons

Keyboard on iPad pro does not work (on screen keyboard does)
Was advised to stop using Chrome extension (which I liked) and use the desktop app instead. The desktop app is about as stable as Homer Simpson after a donut and beer binge.
Desktop app require frequent restarting.
Sessions abruptly finish and impossible to reconnect without asking client to reboot their machine (and this does not always work).
Unattended component is diabolical

1.0/10
Kyle A.

Currently the best bang for buck remote software out there!

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

For the price you cannot beat it. AND, it does absolutely everything I need it to do for my customers when remote support is needed. I usually make one house call to the business (if that) to install the client software and then I have a loyal customer from there on out... Plus, I can fix customer problems so much faster from the office, home, or even on the road... Highly recommended!

Pros

Price is great, features are excellent for - Windows, Mac, Android & ios. Constantly adding new features. Built in functionality with other zoho software is great if you use it. Seriously, a hidden gem in the remote support IT world. I use it for every Business IT customer I have and odd jobs for residential. The unattended support is just as good as any of the others and waaaaay cheaper!

Cons

Really, I have no cons to list. I haven't run into a thing I can't do. Even things like, mass network deployment, multi moniters, Wake on LAN, etc... It does it all.

Tom C.

Zoho Assist, finally!

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

since day one, Zoho assist has provided a reliable seamless service at a fraction of the cost of its competitors. I hope it stays this way!

Pros

PRICE! Price per machine is phenomenal based on the competition. granola price increases, based on features, not bundled into "I don't need all this extra stuff" one size fits all packages. plus it is the MOST reliable remote access and assistance software I have ever used! it ALWAYS works.

Cons

Not much to dislike, honestly. It is solid, it works, and with chrome plugin support, it rules!

Nathan B.

Zoho Assist, Functional Economical

Reviewed on 2018/10/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I love this business for anyone that manages people, IT departments also function better with this platform.

Pros

Zoho Assist is free up to 5 users (ticket solvers) and unlimited ticket submitters.

The user interface is robust, simple and elegant allowing users to track their tickets easily. The ability for zoho to use email aliases is a clear winning feature. Users can respond to tickets in their regular email and it tracks the conversations and responses in the ticket log dashboard, which makes managing multiple users tickets a breeze.
The price is good, the features and reporting are rich and the support is free.

Cons

Support is foreign which makes communicating issues sometimes difficult. (However the platform is very stable rarely having issues).
More than 5 users can get expensive fast.

Ashley S.

Immediate support area.

Reviewed on 2018/05/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have benefited from its use because I have noticed that I have obtained better communication with my employees, I have managed to establish a support area where we all learn how to solve the problems.

Pros

The most pleasant thing about Zoho Assist would be speed. The truth was time without finding a program that would allow me to connect to a PC without any kind of slowness, it is a very fast program that focuses on bringing absolute comfort through the speed of video.

Cons

I would complain about the prices, it is a software that has very innovative functions and I think it should be more accessible with respect to the prices offered to the customers in the plans.

Pierre-henri S.

Give a better solution to your clients problems

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/01/15

I was looking for a way to make interactive trainings and customer service with my clients. Sharing your screen with the client and showing him the way to do things was not the solution because the client was passive. With Zoho Assist, I can show my client the way, and see if he understood by seeing him do the lesson I explained. Thanks to that the trainings are better understood by my clients. And when I use it for support, it allows me to see them acting and correct the errors they made.

Pros

It allows you to take control of a distant computer and then make adjustments on your client SW, do a demo or an interactive training, for free. With this app I am able to make trainings with my clients or support, while they are watching what I do, and moreover, interacting, thus understanding better the lesson or the support I am giving them.

Cons

As a user of the free version, I don't have any dislike of the app. I don't know if it suits well the needs of an IT manager who should need multi user assist, as I don't have those needs and never used the app in that case.

Carl T.

Remote support with a few click

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Cost effective as we have basic version included in our Zoho Desk. Zoho Assist as a stand-alone service also is very cost effective.

Pros

Zoho assist works like gotoassist, logmein rescue. You can email or over the phone give a client a session number, and once they enter it, you will be able to see and control their computer remotely. Zoho client is lightweight, quick download. It support scaling and file transfer.

Cons

There is a bit of lag with the mouse movement

Monica G.

Zoho Assist is the first in remote speed.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I really like the speed of Zoho Assist, the other design and platform factors are not so important, I see that speed is what is gradually raising the rating of Zoho Assist and is managing to maintain a support adequate in each of the people who use it.

Cons

The problem would be the application of Zoho Assist for mobile phones, tables and even on iOS devices, I would like it to be accessed with remote support with better quality, I see that the PC looks with a quality that really likes to connect to help remotely, but by mobile phone is the opposite.

Excellent value and flexible pricing

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

After a feature and cost comparison Zoho Assist came out top. I have simple needs, occasional connection a variety of desktops when they need support the bigger players charge an arm and a leg , offering things I just don't need. (Perhaps! They coach everything in barely intelligible marketing speak.)
Seeking up Zoho Assist was a breeze, deploying the remote client was simple and adding a widget to my website was easy too. Every client has managed.

Pros

Simple to deploy
Low cost
Low marginal costs when more licenses are needed

Cons

Managing a variety of groups is not easy
Limited ability to identify different remote computers

Jorge C.

I use it every day to provide remote support, for the price you get many features.

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Pros

Works with different plataforms even with smartphones, can be integrated with Zoho Desk to provide support and ticket system. Good enough with greate features and unattended access too

Cons

Not as easy as leading remote softare to provide remote access, there is a customer plug-in but is optional and I believe shall be installe by default it will save a lot of time.

Maria R.

Only experience problems with Antivirus other than that great product!

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Pros

I have been using it for years and it is very easy to use both for me as a technician and easy to remote in though Google Chrome plugin.

Cons

Seems to report as a false positive to Avast Antivirus and the only way to get it back up and running through download is to deactivate the antivirus which makes most end users uncomfortable in downloading the software.

Richard O.

Value for useful and reliable product

Reviewed on 2018/04/13

Convenient support option for staff and contractor IT support.

Pros

Great value for money to remotely assist and ad-hoc access to our in-house and BYOD computers. We're also now using unattended access which has been a great time-saver and works reliably even when changing users and rebooting. Includes easy connection options via web browser.

Cons

Reboot and reconnect isn't always reliable when shared via link but reliability has improved recently (unattended access reboot work fine). Users with repeat sessions often re-download the local app rather than the app running automatically. Desktop technician app does not appear on desktop (e.g. alt-tab) and can't pin to taskbar.

Chandan M.

We are using Zoho Assist since long for remote desktop customer support. We love this very much.

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

Less downtime, less travelling expenditure for support engineers, prompt response.

Pros

Remote screen quality is very much clear than Teamviewer or AnyDesk. Plus there are several tools to take control of remote machines, like screen swiping, remote wake-up, command firing etc.

Cons

Only sometimes, it takes a little bit more time to connect to unattended computers.

Madhukeshwari S.

Best Remote Session tool in IT Industry

Reviewed on 2018/08/23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We never face the disconnection or non connection issue unless there is a issue with internet service provider.

Pros

Help your customer with the inbuilt features like screen sharing, Instant chat, file transfer, it supports up to 2 GB file transfer. Secured and configurable as per your requirements.

Cons

Reboot and reconnect option is really helpful because, at the time of trouble shooting, you may need to reboot the client system several times. ZOHO Assist will reconnect after reboot the clinet system.

Emily W.

I am a Sales Representative with a Virtual company.

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

Pros

Having everything in one area when using this software has made doing sales a breeze. I am able to go in and e-mail, call, track, and task out what needs to happen with each of my clients. I rarely used software like this previously and training in less than a day I was able to know how to utilize this to the best of our companies ability.

Cons

One thing that I am not fond of with the program is when the bounces happen for e-mails I have yet to learn how to track that. There are a few other quirks with the program as well while this is also growing pains from the company that I work with to learn how to utilize this software.

7.0/10
Morad S.

MDM and Assist are my preferred tools

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Pros

Scalability, funcionalities stability. All key points as to why i choose Zoho. Before stumbling on Zoho about 2 years ago i have tried many other partners for MDM and remote assistance. Since finding Zoho i have converted most of my service to Zoho.

Cons

Havent really found any that are wurth mentioning. The cons i have experienced are clearly due to industry and technological obsticals - Zoho are good at keeping the developement ongoing and are in my opinion in the front.

Mason L.

It does exactly what it says it does, and the Mac support is great!

Reviewed on 2018/04/12

Pros

I love that it supports Macs as well as Windows machines. It provides a lot of features for the money. I've only contacted support once, but they were responsive when I did. Also, the iOS app is pretty good.

Cons

It is a little slow at times compared to other remote software I have used, but still very usable overall.

Zoho Assist

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

90% recommended.

Pros

- At first I felt they demand more money compare to software, but regular updates make it more reliable. It’s great to have a single service provider And regular updates and improve it on time to time to better work together
- It is integrated with many other services and great software for the small business organisation.
- In the process of recruiting Zoho has helped me more than expected. Because some of the job areas are rare to find. It allows me to contact client I have chosen and sending them emails to confirm on dates. It keeps data of every employee at one place only so we don’t need to keep track on another database.
-It's now simple and easy to get employees on board with utmost information and clarity.

Cons

So far we haven’t had any major challenges in product. But if there is anything we would like to contact Zoho. And we are sure they would be ready with their utmost customer service.

Great! Very User Friendly! Lots of unique functions!

Reviewed on 2018/02/01

Running reports, tracking daily tasks.

Pros

The program is very user-friendly. There are tons of reports our company can run to track daily tasks, our goals, who is on our website, etc.

Cons

Take a little while to learn ALL of the features that are available unless you know what you are looking for.

Alex G.

Use everyday and great

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

Pros

I use this product to run my practice more efficiently. Able to use different emails and forward to main email for easier access.

Cons

Once you get set up you never have to worry about messing with it and once set up it a pretty easy program to use.

Eric G.

Convenient service with chat support

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

Pros

For me, the chat support in this program is very important. This allows me not only to have access to the client's computer, but also to explain my actions without using a third-party service, which is very convenient and saves a lot of time. The program supports management by using shortcuts that allow you to quickly access the required functions.

Cons

Too weak free version, you need to expand the possibilities. Does not provide recording. Yes, and there is a paid version is not very cheap. If you try, you can find more convenient analogs.

7.0/10
Jerry H.

Very easy Remote Support solution

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

Easy option for remote support and unattended support of clients computers/servers.

Pros

easy to use, easy to maintain clients as well as add new clients to the unattended section, easy to start/invite clients that need remote support. Android app is also very handy to use to access unattended computer that needs to be restarted.

Cons

no option under unattended access to put notes regarding computer you are managing. it would be nice to have a spot under the menu where you can restart/rename..etc.. to have a notes option just like the remote support feature has.