Celoxis

Kavita P.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

A Great Tool For Small Team of Independent Consultants

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

Our overall experience with Celoxis has been on the positive side. The tool has helped us keep all our projects on track and collaborate within the team. The price and value is exceptional, especially for a small team like us. We don't use much of the resource management or other features of the tool, just keeping our projects on a strict timeline and tracking efforts towards various activities.

Pros

1. Web-based Interface
2. Mobile Access
3. Project Gantt Chart and Timelines
4. Alerts and Notifications
5. Time Tracking
6. Ease of Use

Cons

The interface is a bit heavy for a small team like us. I wish I could easily turn off a lot of features that I currently don't use. Yes, there is a way I can turn off costing and billing and other portfolio features, but even after that, I still feel the app needs to have a more light-weighted look and feel.

Anoosh K.

Use Celoxis to make life easy for you & your teams

Reviewed on 2021/07/10

Overall Celoxis is an average-priced, great features, and simple to configure tool.

The usage of the tool depends on our own requirements. We have set up the tool very differently for different departments.

The journey has been really awesome! Hope we get more features requested and make this tool much more powerful!

Pros

I have been part of the team that tested, implemented, and using the tool as a User and also Administrator.

1) The standalone app helps us to do customization without depending on Salesforce Admins. I can create my own 'Custom Fields' and report on it. Even the 'Custom Fields' can be customized to show for only specific types of projects which is awesome.

2) The concept of 'Workspaces' which separates out the department-wise projects makes it unique. It helps to remove the noise from/to other departments.

3) The Project/Task creation AND/OR the templates option is very simple and re-usable, which takes Project Managers to create projects in less than 30 seconds.

4) Time tracking is very very simple. This has been hell in our previous tool.

5) The access control/security can be controlled by Celoxis Admin(That's me!) which is super helpful.

6) With all of the above, the adoption of Celoxis across our departments has been great compared to our previous tool.

7) Last but not least - Their Support team is awesome! You just send a Chat or Open a ticket, they respond very quickly and provide resolutions in most of the cases. NEVER SEEN a SUPPORT team like that previously.

Cons

1) Task scheduling is medium. Though they have provided different ways to achieve our requirements, it is a tedious job. I would want a tool like 'Celoxis' to think about 'Day-wise scheduling' which is already part of other PSA tools.

2) The Reporting is medium. Though we can achieve the results with multiple reports, I would want a tool like 'Celoxis' to think more about reporting capabilities (Something like a Salesforce kind of reporting structure would help everyone).

3) There are few limitations which they have already documented here: https://www.celoxis.com/kb/13.5/reports/concepts/limits
I would want them to think out of the box and help more customers, while the customers grow, these kinds of limitations will be barriers to proceed with the tool in the long-run future.

BigTime, Replicon, Planview Clarizen and Mavenlink

Reasons for Choosing Celoxis

1) No Trial option 2) Complex configuration and dependent on Salesforce Admins 3) To enter time, you need to create an assignment, and then also only that person can enter the time. Aaaah! People literally screamed at us when the tool was live. 4) To create one custom field, we have to go to Salesforce Admins again which is not that easy route. 5) Pricing. Oh no! When we are not using that tool and paying that much, leadership was not happy. much more.....

FinancialForce PSA

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

1) Simple tool 2) Less expensive 3) Ease of use 4) Matched with 85% of features 5) Customization
Stacie M.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Celoxis get's the job done and has a very responsive support team!

Reviewed on 2021/12/03

Celoxis get's the job done and has a very responsive support team!

Pros

Tracking budgets, time, and delivery progress. Tracking who has what and when it is due.

Cons

My only request for improving the tool at this time is for Celoxis to implement a currency conversion calculation in the tool so that our business can report on USD across all regions, the rest we can live with, or I will submit a support case for consideration.

Workday HCM and FinancialForce PSA

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

Price, API integration capabilities, less time to implement (cloud offering with features available day 1)
James F.

Try something else first

Reviewed on 2020/08/14

Fighting with it to do regular project activities.

Pros

Gantt view is useful, calculations generally work

Cons

Difficult to use, most commonly used features are hard to find, effectively an opinionated spreadsheet.

David J.

Flexible PM / PPM with great reporting and projection

Reviewed on 2021/10/28

Pros

Project and portfolio orientation
Flexible and powerful reporting offering many ways of customizing product, including dashboards
Simple yet useful script-based formulas usable in custom fields and thus in reporting
Privileges management and data easy segmentation
Very well structured and useful API
Global search
Very reactive and efficient support team

Cons

Custom fields configurability in GUI is very limitated
Navigation could be improved in some cases by adding more bridges between modules

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

All reviewed solutions had pros and cons. Celoxis was the one to tick all must-have checkboxes at a reasonable price per user, with a limited list of drawbacks.
Ayal P.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Excellent application for managing small-medium size projects

Reviewed on 2021/05/23

Celoxis is an excellent tool alowing me as the project manager team leader to convey detailed or highlevel scope of a project or the entire project portfolio.

Pros

excellent user interface, durable solution, endless customization alows you to create any build almots any View or analysis you wish to see.
excellent, fast, agile service!

Cons

out of the box integrations can be more suitable for the industry (such as: Salesforce, Jira integrations coverage).

Consolidated Project management for Consulting and Solutions firm

Reviewed on 2020/12/04

It is very good, from my [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] perspective and PMO, it is fantastic to have the whole information of our projects online and with consolidated resources reports and the Gantt is very nice, much better than Microsoft Project.

Pros

Easy of use of the Gantt and Work Load, even if some other things are not really UX friendly or intuitive...

Cons

Sometimes is not clear how to perform some tasks, Customer service is very straight and I feel they do not listen to the customer needs on specific issues, then they reply very plain.

Joel B.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Celoxis for SME in Construction, Architecture, and Property Development

Reviewed on 2022/01/11

great

Pros

Gantt Charts, Collaboration as teams on projects, resource planning to actuals

Cons

rather complex to configure, but great once concepts are clear
no "undo" when doing project plan, which is very dangerous and strange in 2022

Cyril S.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Cyril's review

Reviewed on 2021/05/18

very easy to learn, very good support from the on line support

Pros

Ability to create dashboards that could be specific to adress my needs

Cons

the data in celoxis are task based so if you want to import data from another tool that is not task based but time based then it is not working

Runn

Reasons for Choosing Celoxis

because excel was not really well working sharing contents with multiple users and not easy to maintain

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

ability to customize a lot of things ability to display the time line over 1 year
Mareen T.
  • Industry: Maritime
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Easy to understand - does what it should!

Reviewed on 2022/01/10

It is a great tool to mange the projects. It is very intuitive and after a short time one can get work done. But to unleash the full efficiency it has to be personalized with big effort and every detail should be taken into account by the administrator. I also recommend taking part in extensive training on how to operate Celoxis properly.

Pros

I liked the most that I was able to do what I wanted without any experience with the program. More precisely I wanted to create a Gantt chart. I didn't have any experience with Celoxis and just little experience with Gantt charts. After 3 hours the Gantt Chart for a 6 month project was finished in a satisfying and complet way. I had some little issues to enter the planned effort, but after a short chat with the support the problem was easily and efficiently solved.

Cons

The export of the Gantt chart into an image is not very satisfying. I am not able to export the Gantt Chart as an image showing the complete project, or in separated but logic pieces. All I get is a section of the chart cut randomly.

Nin R.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Best Portfolio Project Management Tool in today's market

Reviewed on 2021/08/28

Pros

It's difficult to find a single PPM tool that has end-to-end functionality for program/portfolio management, day-to-day project management, resource workforce management, budget vs actuals reporting, and dashboard reporting. I've researched for the past 3-4 years and whilst there are companies out there that have been around for decades or may have more API integrations, Celoxis is by far the most intuitive, customizable PPM tool that does all of the above functions at a competitive cost and with a very modern user interface. The Gantt chart mimics the look and feel of MS Project which allowed the learning curve for our PMs to be seamless as they simply imported their Project CSV files. The resource workforce reporting is also automated and easily shows those under/over allocated. One of the best functions of this tool is the dashboard reporting - it is incredibly customizable allowing the user to select position, width, charts, filters, custom fields etc which again mimics what you'd be able to do in MS PowerPoint but in an automated fashion. I've used PPM tools customised for enterprise organisations with 50,000+ employees which cost $5m+ in licensing costs yet did not function as well as Celoxis.

Cons

There's always room for improvement in every software/company. I would like to see the support for Celoxis increase from 24x5 to 24x7. If they can bring some of their support onshore with a phone capability as well, that would be fantastic. Some minor enhancements on their dashboard reporting capabilities would also be helpful.

Clarity, Smartsheet, GanttPRO and monday.com
Makro P.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

This software could change your company

Reviewed on 2020/12/16

We can fully recommend this software for project management, but be aware that this is only a tool. Company has to change it's mindset to project organization in order to implement it successfully.

Pros

As centralized server solution, this software enables us to plan, manage and control whole portfolio and every project individually. As comprehensive solution this software is used by our employees, management, associates and clients. Everybody can see state of their projects/tasks with one click on their mobile phones or computers.

Cons

Software could be better with improvements in cashflow department of the project. Also as project is set of activities performed by all Project participants, it could be helpful to implement Client tasks and other stakeholders tasks.

Reasons for Choosing Celoxis

As organization we've outgrown software that we used. Our old software enabled us only to record hours on specific projects and not to tasks. this was our only option. This can give you information on project costs, but you can not collaborate through comprehensive solution as fully featured PM software.

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

We probably evaluated 50 alternatives, abovementioned are only few major candidates, but only Microsoft project (server edition), Genius Project and Celoxis satisfied fully our needs. After evaluation, we decided to go with Celoxis as it was best tailored to our needs.
Donald S.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Great Tool for P{project Collaboration

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

My Celoxis implementation is self hosted. That was a bit of a learning curve for me personally but the Tech support staff was pretty helpful in pointing me to the right solutions. Now that the system is up and running it is very stable. My principle issues were not with the core Celoxis application as much as the host system configuration such as installing SSL and positioning the system properly behind my firewall. It took cooperation among a number of vendors but I now have a robust application on a rock steady platform (Windows Server 2019) protected by a top-tier security system (SOPHOS). It was with the effort!

Pros

Celoxis allows integration of planned work hours and resources with time card inputs to allow an integrated management solution that permits tracking of Planed vs. Actual labor hours and costs. Definitely a much tighter integration than I found in MS Project. However - and this is important to my clients - the ability to bidirectionally share data with Project is a significant plus as many of my clients rely on Project. Finally, I use Celoxis for multiple clients and the workspaces functionality allows me the ability to securely partition clients into their own environment thus permitting multiple clients to share the basic installation.

Cons

There is a learning curve to climb - especially in the reporting function and I am still learning how to use the many features of the product. I would like to see more You Tube videos on how to perform advanced functions - especially with cost and resource reporting for users.

• Industry: Computer Hardware

A great full-featured project management tool

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

Pros

Celoxis checks all the boxes for engineering project management for me. Prior to Celoxis, we used Microsoft Project: Celoxis incorporates the advanced features of Project in cloud-based tool that provides team collaboration and scheduling that we could not get with Project or most other cloud-based scheduling tools.

Cons

With great options can come a great (big) learning curve: there are so many features in Celoxis, setting up individuals, teams, groups, and roles is critical for a successful launch, and this can be a bit daunting at first glance. However, the Celoxis team did a great job pre-sales of walking us through the tool and it's features, as well as scheduling training for our team post-sales to get up and running in the tool.

LiquidPlanner, OpenProject, monday.com and Forecast

Reasons for Choosing Celoxis

Our prior tool did not understand resource management and loading, and had no plans to add those features. It also did not support advanced predecessor conditions (T+/- the start or finish of other tasks, etc.) This caused us to use Microsoft Project to get an accurate schedule, then manually enter the project (or project updates) in the cloud-based tool, for collaboration and tracking. This was just too cumbersome.

TeamGantt

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

While some of the alternative products may have been on par with Celoxis in both price point and feature set, Celoxis that their team presented the best solution and on-boarding experience, and we felt Celoxis would be our fastest way to get up-and-running with the project management capability we needed.
Aleksander A.

Powerful, flexible platform with UX problems

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

Generally, and for a company of our size Celoxis was the best choice due to the varied work models we service. The ability to both work in hourly and fixed price models is a unique requirement and other platforms struggle to make it work.

Pros

The standout feature is the flexibility of Celoxis which allows for a great deal of optional customisation.
For example, custom formula fields let us do basic and complex math that can be displayed in reports and on projects.

When comparing it to other solutions it does sport a few unique features not found in competitor products. Chiefly among them would be the semi intelligent schedule and budget prediction feature which gives a quick way to assess project status.

Cons

The biggest issue is the UX/UI which has a bit of a learning curve and needs a strict process to utilize all areas effectively. The system seems to have some legacy features that make functionality redundant.
An example would be 4 different ways to enter time into time-sheets in the UI, or 2 separate comment features that are nested into each other for no reason.

Some very simple and common features, like checklists in tasks, seem to also be absent.

While not difficult to work with, the usage-paths for all the functions have not been thoroughly tested it seems.

Asana, Adobe Workfront, monday.com, Wrike and Jira

Reasons for Choosing Celoxis

Insufficient scheduling and reporting options and hard to work UI/UX

WorkflowMax

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

Superior value for money in features at this size of company compared to the competition.
Kapil B.

Easy Project Management

Reviewed on 2019/10/23

Pros

- ease of use
- feature rich for project management
- external users and client login option for client view
- integrations with salesforce and rest api for other apps if required
- integrated time entry and approval
- single-sign-on capability with various IDP's

Cons

- mobility options are limited
- client cannot be assigned tasks in the Project

Microsoft Project, Jira and Smartsheet

Reasons for Choosing Celoxis

Ease of use and availability of integrated time entry and approval with project/task management.

Microsoft Project, Jira and Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

above mentioned features as well as pricing was an all out win for us
Susan A.

Great software for project oriented firms that invoice for services

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Very positive. We are just rolling it out now to all our staff, and we're really looking forward to gaining the real benefits.

Pros

Celoxis is a powerful project management software that is replacing MS Project in our organization, allowing us to get a portfolio view of many projects managed by multiple PMs. But best of all, our resources can enter their timesheets within Celoxis. This allows us to eliminate one piece of software and run analytics to learn about our performance and drive improvements.

Cons

It was tricky to setup. We needed the help of Celoxis to get the roles and access permissions setup correctly. The help guide was not comprehensive enough in this area to do it yourself.

Microsoft Project, monday.com and Jira

Reasons for Choosing Celoxis

Viewing multiple projects at once and entering time-sheet data in the project tasks. Plan Vs Actual at the granular level.

Microsoft Project
Dan B.

Good Project management software

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

Very good at project planning timelines and financial planning of income and expenditure

Pros

Gantt charts and financials work well, we don't really use the resource and workload functions but they are good. Significant upgrade over Wrike for cost tracking and forecasting

Cons

Uploads in CSV are ok but added functionality here would be good

monday.com and Wrike

Cost and Functionality

Wrike

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

Helpful onboarding and customer service, better functionality for our needs
Whitney P.

Easy to use product hits all the top needs

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

Overall, Celoxis has really helped our business streamline processes and reporting. Time and task tracking is easier and more transparent to project managers and clients, and reporting is much less time intensive than our previous methods. I have been very pleased with the software and the customer service each time an issue is raised.

Pros

I like that the interface is very user friendly. I also like that the reports are customizable. We have been able to integrate a lot of reporting into Celoxis that was previously done using Excel or a similar program. Celoxis is able to collect all of our data and organize it effectively, thus ensuring we don't have to go to a lot of extra work to manipulate the data into the reports we want to see.

Cons

The new interface isn't as useful for me as the previous one. It works better for my resources, but as an admin, it seems less friendly than before. Namely, the drop downs and options available under Reports and other areas are not as customizable. I liked having my full list of starred reports available previously, whereas now I find myself accessing the full 'All Reports' page more frequently to navigate. I mainly use reports in the system to it was more convenient to have only my preferred ones all listed in one place.

Marc S.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Flexible software for project management and team efforts management

Reviewed on 2020/07/16

The software could be very well adapted to our specific company structure and workflow (we manufacture soft goods in China). We could customize a large part of it so it would be matching exactly what we needed. Also it made it relatively easy to manage the many projects (between 30 and 50) with a team working in different locations.

Pros

Customizable screens (they call it widgets) that could be applied to teams/groups or individuals. It made everyone rather happy as they could make it their own.

Cons

We didn't use the any of the tools to tracks costs and financials, and it sometimes was creating confusion (we asked the Celoxis dev. team if we could fully remove this from our platform)

Anshu M.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Excellent in many, many ways although with some shortcomings

Reviewed on 2017/03/24

Celoxis is a great PMS, without any doubt. I like that they keep the lists and reports simple but powerful. It is nimble because it uses text rather than too much of graphics effects etc. You can generate a wide variety of reports. Comes with free client portals which my clients love.

It has a very powerful feature where you can define your own app with it's own workflow, custom fields etc. It has a trigger mechanism as well to change states of apps when responses are received, which is very, very useful. I have created as many as 8 apps for incoming opportunities, defining a request tracker system, payments, contracts etc. etc. That is extremely useful to organize everything around a Project. It has shortcomings in communications area like not having an email editor at all and you can write (through commenting) to only one client (one person) from within the app etc.

You get all this for a very low price unlike Salesforce etc., that's a deal!

Pros

Fast, customizable, no-nonsense interface, wide variety of reports, custom apps

Cons

Weak in communication tools, does not have an email editor, only notifications can be sent out through commenting in apps, can't attach files to those or send to multiple client officials. Discussions at Project level allow those but not at app level.

Denzil jr P.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Celoxis Flexibility brings our company into the next level!

Reviewed on 2017/03/27

In addition to its great project management feature, celoxis have a powerful flexibility on creating custom app where you can tweak custom formula and create a processes that will give amazing benefits on data management and very useful reports and tracker that help us track our on time delivery and improve our team work at same time by work collaboration.

in 4-6 months of using celoxis and developing some custom apps, we've brought our overall on time delivery from 40% - 80% that results to successful projects and happy customer. By developing custom apps from our QA inspection registries, we've save a lot of time spend on doing reports, eliminate unnecessary meetings and manage our data effectively.

In couple of weeks we're working to upgrade our account from cloud to on promise and we're very excited on the next breakthroughs we can achieve together with celoxis as our partner.

Pros

In addition to its amazing project management feature, I love the flexibility that we can create a custom app and tweak the custom fields to automate formulas, processes and creates necessary report we need.

Cons

Limitation on graph feature but I think that the capability is enough for our needs. However, we're looking forward if Celoxis can add more features that could help us get use the most of it.

Jorge ruben M.

Latest release made Celoxis even more valuable

Reviewed on 2020/09/18

After almost 2 years using it, it has only become better. I am the person most involved with Celoxis in the company, I do all the API integrations, and have done most of the dashboards and report customizations. I am very satisfied with how Celoxis has improved over time, and I am eager to see what it becomes in the future. I have also work a little with workflows, getting a lot of value from them, although I haven't got the time to do as much as I'd like. I reccomend Celoxis 100%. Before choosing it, I evaluated about 15 different platforms, in the end, the technical evaluation was very clear, Celoxis was the only viable option, unless I wanted to spend 10 or 15 times more money on something else.

Pros

No doubt, I have 2 favorite features: everything related to the Gantt View, which is extremely customizable, and now suporting different baselines; and the REST API, which is a lot better documented than when I started using it. Also, not a feature about the software, but as important, Customer Support is excelent.

Cons

So far, Celoxis hasn't turned into proper program and portfolio management.

Darren B.

Celoxis for project Portfolio Management

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

We were looked after during pre purchase, demo'd to without any pressure to purchase
Support is incredibly quick and useful

Pros

It was easy to set up and configurable to our needs
Liked that % complete could be independent from time logged
Great scheduling and resourcing
Client portal easy to use and gives us exactly what we needed

Cons

Would be good if we could add a custom field to a discussion for sorting purposes and also control the notifications that go to customers.
Suggested both to Celoxis and they have added as a feature request

elapseit, Mavenlink, monday.com, Wrike and Float

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

We looked at lots of alternatives as we have very specific needs. Celoxis was the only one that met them all

Great PM tool especially for digital projects

Reviewed on 2017/08/09

Pros

As well as the standard ability to plan project, Celoxis allows you to bug track, resource plan, and create a wealth of reports. Not only that but you have unlimited client access for clientst to be able to log and view their own bugs as well as track the progress of their project, granting specific permissions and allowing full transparency.
I also like the ability to customise reports and fields, import project and export reports in csv, pdf and msproject formats.
The support team are incredibly responsive in addition to the articles and forums within the help centre.
On a daily basis I use it to plan projects, allocating estimated hours per task, check progress of a project, check the resource availability, and calculate risks.

Cons

With each release improvements are made, but whenever there is a release the system can be a little buggy, but is usually resolved very quickly and tickets are dealt with promptly.