Celoxis

Write a Review!
The All-in-One PPM Software. New: Native Jira Connector.

4.4/5
4.2/5
4.2/5
4.5/5

Ryan
Ryan
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

A project management platform at its finest

Reviewed on 2016/11/28

I'm a project engineer at a manufacturing and engineering design firm and I use Celoxis more than daily. It can take few days to learn, but once you have it down it is by far the best platform I've ever used to manage projects. It is useful for project engineers and all the way up to senior management to manage small projects, programs, and employees. It really is an all-in-one product and I highly recommend it.

Pros

Frequent updates and bug fixes
Inter-facility coordination
Seamless timeline creation and management
Hours tracking and analysis for large groups of people

Cons

I have no cons. In the past year, Celoxis has fixed all the problems I originally had with it (mainly bugs).

natalie
  • Industry: Human Resources

Celoxis review - great application and support

Reviewed on 2022/10/06

So far it has been a learning experience and when I encounter issues the HD support has been very supportive and timely with their feedback. I do appreciate their overall response time to the matters raised.

Pros

The robust reporting feature and the ease of use of the general application. I can also have custom reports built and shared with my various clients or emails by schedule

Cons

I would like to be able to undo changes in the plan if I make a mistake a remove something that wasn't suppose to be removed example, tasks.
I would also prefer that items closed on a task can be moved automatically to the bottom of the plan or If a filter can be created to just view items on the project plan that are still open.
Some color coding on the plan itself will also be nice
Also some more available options for the client portal so clients can access things like the RAID etc

Allen

Good Gantt planning

Reviewed on 2019/10/13

We are able to track project tasks and properly link them to other projects and also see resource allocations

Pros

This software produces and manages the tasks in the Gantt really well and is very easy to update the view with progress, resources and durations. Can also add custom columns to the view.

Cons

I don't always like the way the screen real estate is being used and feel that there are elements on the screen that I don't need to see all the time and that is making my work-space smaller. It is especially evident when projecting at a lower resolution. Am also not a fan of the fact that one cannot ju8st copy the URL of a view and send on to someone else.

Dan

Good Project management software

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

Very good at project planning timelines and financial planning of income and expenditure

Pros

Gantt charts and financials work well, we don't really use the resource and workload functions but they are good. Significant upgrade over Wrike for cost tracking and forecasting

Cons

Uploads in CSV are ok but added functionality here would be good

monday.com and Wrike

Cost and Functionality

Wrike

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

Helpful onboarding and customer service, better functionality for our needs
Hennie
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Ease of use for Portfolio Management

Reviewed on 2022/10/27

It really is a very good project and portfolio management tool without making life complicated, which is exactly our requirements. It does not take unnecessary amount of administration time out of your day and helps you manage and track your projects with ease.

Pros

Setup easyRoll out of project was simpleSufficient high-quality graphs and reportsVery customizable without making it complicated

Cons

Missing a few advanced features, like global colour changes to Gantt Chart, but development team evolves product regularly.

Oracle Primavera Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

Again, ease of integration, ease of use and good graphical portfolio dashboards.
Stacie

Reviewed on 2021/12/03

Celoxis get's the job done and has a very responsive support team!

Pros

Tracking budgets, time, and delivery progress. Tracking who has what and when it is due.

Cons

My only request for improving the tool at this time is for Celoxis to implement a currency conversion calculation in the tool so that our business can report on USD across all regions, the rest we can live with, or I will submit a support case for consideration.

ERP Cloud and Workday HCM

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

Price, API integration capabilities, less time to implement (cloud offering with features available day 1)
Darren

Celoxis for project Portfolio Management

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

We were looked after during pre purchase, demo'd to without any pressure to purchase
Support is...

Support is incredibly quick and useful

Pros

It was easy to set up and configurable to our needs
Liked that % complete could be independent from time logged
Great scheduling and resourcing
Client portal easy to use and gives us exactly what we needed

Cons

Would be good if we could add a custom field to a discussion for sorting purposes and also control the notifications that go to customers.
Suggested both to Celoxis and they have added as a feature request

Kantata, Float, monday.com, Wrike and elapseit

Azure DevOps Services

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

We looked at lots of alternatives as we have very specific needs. Celoxis was the only one that met them all
Ayal
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Excellent application for managing small-medium size projects

Reviewed on 2021/05/23

Celoxis is an excellent tool alowing me as the project manager team leader to convey detailed or highlevel scope of a project or the entire project portfolio.

Pros

excellent user interface, durable solution, endless customization alows you to create any build almots any View or analysis you wish to see.
excellent, fast, agile service!

Cons

out of the box integrations can be more suitable for the industry (such as: Salesforce, Jira integrations coverage).

David

Flexible PM / PPM with great reporting and projection

Reviewed on 2021/10/28

Pros

Project and portfolio orientation
Flexible and powerful reporting offering many ways of customizing product, including dashboards
Simple yet useful script-based formulas usable in custom fields and thus in reporting
Privileges management and data easy segmentation
Very well structured and useful API
Global search
Very reactive and efficient support team

Cons

Custom fields configurability in GUI is very limitated
Navigation could be improved in some cases by adding more bridges between modules

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

All reviewed solutions had pros and cons. Celoxis was the one to tick all must-have checkboxes at a reasonable price per user, with a limited list of drawbacks.
Hemant

Software reveiw

Reviewed on 2020/08/19

we use Celoxis to manage multiple projects. our accounting team use this for service billing and its very easy to use and integrated with our accounting system

Pros

Product is very easy to use and it get integrated with other tools that we use (Salesforce, Zendask etc…)

Cons

Time logging and resource planning is not automated.

Mary

Avid Fan

Reviewed on 2022/09/26

Great, I haven't see a product like it out there.

Great, I haven't see a product like it out there.

Pros

The power and customization behind it - adding new data fields, customizing the implementation, they have thought of everything. I am almost spoiled by thinking things are so customized and wanting to control everything!

Cons

I think the QB sync could be more robust to help align revenue in both places.

Rodeo Drive, monday.com, Asana and Workamajig

Reasons for Choosing Celoxis

We had outgrown basecamp.

Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

Power, flexibility, it wasn't manual, price was lower.
Sarah
  • Industry: Research

Celoxis is great

Reviewed on 2021/01/28

Customer Service is excellent-- they are super helpful and work with you to talk through solutions to your problems or workarounds until they deploy new features!

Pros

Once you are trained, it is very easy to learn the rest of the software! It helps us stay organized and keep track of our projects across all teams.

Cons

I wish the timesheet options were more customizable and that fewer clicks were needed to get things done sometimes.

monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

It seemed to be more flexible than other options, which is what we needed.
Christo
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Comprehensive product but some shortfalls in the detail of the features

Reviewed on 2022/11/04

Celoxis has helped our business to bring the different business processes together into a single platform. It is central to our business and we are managing all billable projects through it. We wouldn't go back to what we had before, so overall our experience has been positive. If Celoxis continues to evolve and add features, it is likely we will remain on the platform for a long time. However, as our business grows we may end up outgrowing Celoxis.

Pros

For our business, we are able to run our end-to-end project lifecycle in Celoxis which we have struggled to find in any other product. This means bringing together quoting for a Professional Services project, progressing that same quote into a live project, having resource management and financial management views on the same project, generating financial forecasts across our projects and resources through reports, and managing other project management aspects such as RAID logs and status reports directly in the Project. Our team manage their holidays and timesheet recording in Celoxis which drives our actuals and invoicing. So it covers the project lifecycle well.

Cons

We've encountered some shortfalls in the details of the features. The resource scheduling which drives the financial forecasting is the shortfall that causes us the most rework or workarounds. The system does incorporate resource availability (available hours=working hours minus holidays/other absences) into the planning and timesheet recording, and it does warn you about resource scheduling conflicts across projects. The issue is that the resource management and financial forecasting being driven from the plan does not take into account actuals to show remaining effort and lost revenue. This requires some workarounds to achieve. The project baselining functionality is also really limited. There is no ability to undo actions on a plan. The audit log is helpful, but would be more helpful if you can actually step back through the changes made because the updates to plan always takes a few iterations.The fact that the product doesn't support multi-currency is really frustrating, although we've settled with our workarounds.

monday.com and CMap

Reasons for Choosing Celoxis

Our business processes were fragmented and we couldn't get a single view of our projects, resources and financial forecasts.

Reasons for Switching to Celoxis

Better user interface experience.
Marc
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Flexible software for project management and team efforts management

Reviewed on 2020/07/16

The software could be very well adapted to our specific company structure and workflow (we manufacture soft goods in China). We could customize a large part of it so it would be matching exactly what we needed. Also it made it relatively easy to manage the many projects (between 30 and 50) with a team working in different locations.

Pros

Customizable screens (they call it widgets) that could be applied to teams/groups or individuals. It made everyone rather happy as they could make it their own.

Cons

We didn't use the any of the tools to tracks costs and financials, and it sometimes was creating confusion (we asked the Celoxis dev. team if we could fully remove this from our platform)

Jorge Ruben

Latest release made Celoxis even more valuable

Reviewed on 2020/09/18

After almost 2 years using it, it has only become better. I am the person most involved with Celoxis in the company, I do all the API integrations, and have done most of the dashboards and report customizations. I am very satisfied with how Celoxis has improved over time, and I am eager to see what it becomes in the future. I have also work a little with workflows, getting a lot of value from them, although I haven't got the time to do as much as I'd like. I reccomend Celoxis 100%. Before choosing it, I evaluated about 15 different platforms, in the end, the technical evaluation was very clear, Celoxis was the only viable option, unless I wanted to spend 10 or 15 times more money on something else.

Pros

No doubt, I have 2 favorite features: everything related to the Gantt View, which is extremely customizable, and now suporting different baselines; and the REST API, which is a lot better documented than when I started using it. Also, not a feature about the software, but as important, Customer Support is excelent.

Cons

So far, Celoxis hasn't turned into proper program and portfolio management.

Devendra

Limit on Virtual Users and Client Assignment to Tasks

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

Pros

Contains almost all basic and some advanced features a Project Management Tool needs to have.

Cons

The biggest 2 drawbacks are
1. Tasks in a project cannot be assigned to clients. To achieve this very standard and normal requirement, clients are needed to be created as users as well.
2. Limiting the number of virtual users to a certain number. Typical Project Management Tools are primarily driven by Project/Program Managers. Project Schedules are updated by them and normally the human resources on the project are not authorized to update the task status and %age of completion to ensure completeness and accuracy of the project schedule. Multiple resources updating the project schedule means we are planning for failure. So, typical licensed users would be PMs while the entire project team resources would be virtual users. In the system, effectively they are just another field in a task record of the system just like maybe the Start Date, Finish Date, Task Name, Task ID, Predecessor, Duration, etc. etc.

Usability of the Celoxis system for PMs reduces if they are unable to have all their human resources in the system and making the entire tool ineffective.

Beth

Great Software for IT Projects

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

Overall, the product is stable and reliable. I only had one issue after an update a little over a year ago, where I had entered my time on my mobile device, and I had found that it wasn't there when I had logged onto my desktop version.

Pros

The great part of this software is the ability to update information in the Gantt chart as needed. It also gives you accurate percentage of project tasks per user and accurate percentages in what has been completed against the project deadline, which is very useful in Technical Services.

Cons

I still wish that once a task or project status is "completed", the timers would be deleted as well. In our company, we have many projects with many tasks, thus one can have multiple timers, and that adds up! It can take (waste) much time in deleting timers, so having the timers "go away" when a task is completed would be very useful.

Mano

Celoxis Review

Reviewed on 2023/12/11

It is a good project management tool for us to start with. Hopefully we will implement additional features in order to take advantage of the full product

Pros

There is good overall visibility on resources

Cons

It is not possible to make some fields mandatory

James
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Effective and flexible Project Management Tool!

Reviewed on 2023/08/14

e have used Celoxis for around 5 years to support our Professional Services and Project Delivery teams. Celoxis, and it's data, provides critical data points for financial reporting of revenue recognition and team utilization. It's also our central platform for the tracking of project delivery progress, project health and team allocation."

Pros

1) Ease of Report Building 2) Flexible Dashboards for Key Metric Reporting 3) Time Logging Capability

Cons

1) Commercial Renewals Take Longer than Expected 2) Managing Multiple Currencies 3) Outlook Integration Capabilities

Rebecca

Review- Celoxis

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

My overall experience has been good, the software meets my needs as a project manager.

Pros

The reporting functions are good and very flexible, extremely easy to use and create new reports.
I like the ease of creating a project, adding tasks and moving them into different areas of the project - extremely simple and straight forward.
Copying from other projects function is very easy to use.

Cons

I wish there was an option to remove resources when copying over project tasks. If I don't have the same resources on my new project this is time consuming to remove each one.
Still confused about how CPI is calculated in regards to the time billed to each task vs. overall budget. This may be a training issue for myself.

Antoine

Best portfolio management solution on the market by far

Reviewed on 2022/10/21

Pros

The capability to use it for my project manager and at the executive level (portfolio). The quality of the dashboard and large scope of features

Cons

Inflexibility about couple of feature/setup, not matching process and forcing some workaround regularly.

Jira, Microsoft Project and monday.com
Susan

Am loving Celoxis

Reviewed on 2017/04/10

Have had a very positive experience with Celoxis although I am not too sure the notification feature works correctly. I cannot rely on it so I must go in and check to ensure nothing has changed. Also we customized one of the screens and needed to use the notification feature, but are unable to do so. Other than that - this tool is AMAZING!!

Pros

Easily locate what you are looking for. Easily identify estimated/actual hours...I am not a project manager and do not use it to its fullest, but what I do use, I find it very user friendly and quite frankly not sure how we managed without Celoxis.

Cons

As previously mentioned, the notification features does not work as it should

Easy-to-use and very affordable tool

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

It's much more efficient and user-friendly than the systems we used before. The support
teams are...

teams are very agile and helpful. Easy-to-use dashboards and mobile interface truly add
value.

Pros

Being in the healthcare industry, we are constantly looking for internal improvements to
inspire healthy behaviors and improve overall healthcare management. Celoxis helps us
with prioritizing our projects and activities, keeping a tight eye on progress in schedule,
costs, risks and issues. It is very intuitive to use. Custom fields are tremendously useful in
capturing different dimensions of information.

Cons

Sometimes the application feels a bit old-fashioned and clunky and the timesheets could
do with a bit of overhaul. Nothing too major in lacking.

Michael

Good for Project Coordination, Admin and Reporting

Reviewed on 2019/10/23

We use Celoxis to track project progress, financials, billable and non-billable utilisation, expenses and to do a wide range of reporting related to those projects. It's overall a very intuitive and useful tool.

Pros

It's simple to use, well laid out, reporting functionality is very good. There's a lot of features: utilisation tracking, expenses management, risk and issue tracking.

Cons

Performance can be a touch sluggish. Project Management functionality is basic, this needs to be used in conjuction with MS Project or similar for anything but the simplest of projects.

Divya
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Easy to use platform with all the features for effective project management.

Reviewed on 2022/08/08

No complaints. The tool is amazing and the customer service is great.

No complaints. The tool is amazing and the customer service is great.

Pros

The UI is very simple and easy for end users to understand and explore.
The Customer Service is amazing. The team is very prompt and knowledgeable.

Cons

The Licensing Cost per user is a bit high.
There is no Viewer License (free of cost) where users can login to only view the metrics .