9 458 reviews

Jira

Project & Issue Tracking Software - See why we're #1!

4,4
9 458 reviews
Cristian B.
Industry: Semiconductors
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Jira for bug tracking and project management

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

I highly recommend Jira for a bug tracking tool and especially for Agile software teams. For us it has really made a difference in terms of: team collaboration, Agile methodology adoption, decreased time to market of new projects/new features and on the overall teams' spirit. We have seen a wide adoption for the other departments as well, non software development.

Pros

We used several bug tracking tools in the past but Jira is by far the best one. What I like most:
- user friendly interface, provides a nice user experience
- Agile SCRUM/Kanban support out of the box
- extremely configurable on almost everything
- extendable through custom scripting, either built-in or via addons
- very collaborative
- there are thousands of addons in the marketplace; you can even write your own

Cons

Being so flexible to be configured, the learning curve for admins is a little steep.
The price is based on the number of users and if you experience wide user adoption in a big company, you end up in paying more for upgrading to the next tier, than if you would pay for that tier first time.

Stephen G.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Enterprise Task Management

Reviewed on 2020/09/27

Jira is a strong, industry-standard project management and task tracking service that is flexible enough to allow different types of teams (software, legal, IT, etc.) to work on the same platform.

Pros

Jira has a strong SaaS-based offering that makes the administration and operation of the product simple and easy. The software has multiple options for viewing tasks (from project-task style to Kanban style) which allows different teams to be flexible and use different formats.

Cons

The difficulty of running the hosted version of the software with custom plugins is almost unacceptable for enterprise-grade software. The concept that enterprise project-management software requires dedicated IT assets to service and maintenance increases the overhead of the software to unacceptable levels. If a deployment requires a host, non-SaaS version of the software with custom plugins, reconsider.

Yaroslav K.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

More then you will ever need / Tool to handle thousands of problems one by one

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

*Functionality

The best feature of Jira is a huge number of integrations, massive amount of possibilities, statistics and tricks that you can you inside the platform.
There is an integrated tracking, kanbans, lists, sorting direct contact with chat (stride) and feature to work with git right from every task or issue.

* New UI

Recently Jira got an update, a new chat (Stride, instead of Hipchat) and a new UI for the tasks. I can see that company goes in the right direction to adopt all of it's powers.

*Customization

Jira, being confusing at first hides a lot of it's features inside most of which you can change and adjust to your business needs. It is a great solution for a big corporation with dozens of departments, hundreds of employees and thousands of issues and tasks daily. However, in all other cases Jira can be a nightmare at this point.

Cons

*Slow

Out off all CRM platforms and tools to handle tasks and issues Jira is the slowest by far. Is it initial problem or has it appeared after adopting so many technologies under one roof - I can't be sure. But one thing is clear - Jira is awfully slow.

*To many features

Yes, it is a disadvantage when it comes to Jira. When a new customer comes to Jira I believe, he is most definitely confused. Especially, if he/she tried ANYTHING else before. Of course, I see that company does a lot to make it easier and more comfortable, but as it is now, Jira is a terrible solution for fast adoption, scary for a small or middle sized team and most definitely not a great choice for personal use.

Jira is Huge. If you are huge - great features, customizing, different apps and plugins will help you solve a lot with Jira. If you are just starting or don't have that many tasks and issues and people in your company - you should probable check other options.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Works great for Software Project Management, I wish the configurations were easier to set up.

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

We are overall very satisfied with the product as the user side of the things are very solid. The administration is quite complex and if you are doing it on your own, it will take a long time and a lot of hours reading their forums to get things right.

Pros

The task tracking and overall reporting are pretty solid. If configured properly, you will not miss on any updates and can proactively resolve blockers.

Cons

The configuration. They are very complicated and you cannot expect a new user to get it right and that's why there are dedicate people who set up this. We did it on our own and it took us a couple of months to get things right.

Ruben A.
Industry: Computer Software

It's a great but expensive solution

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

Due is the company who pays the software, the overall is fine, it helps a lot on the development and release process.

Pros

It give you a toon of facilities to work and organize your team and project tasks, issues and so on.

Also let you to track what is released and when.

Cons

Too expensive for more than 10 persons in the team.

Also is hard to understand how to use it the first times and some options are a bit hidden.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Works very well for teams

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

I like JIRA and I think it's an easy-to-use ticketing system

Pros

The project planning functionality is brilliant! Especially for software projects. The scrum functionality and integration with Bitbucket helps follow up on your projects in a timely manner.

Cons

The Security Incident desk (OpsGenie) became a paid version. That was very deterrent and we refused paying for it.

I'd like an actual JIRA integration with Salesforce, the third party apps are not great and they cost a fortune.

Timothy G.

Jira Service Desk

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/08/28

We are using the trial service for a mock helpdesk and real Change Management. It seems great so far except for a few communication bugs which may be user error. I would also like to know what the cost is.

Pros

They have a free tier up to 3 agents and the cloud version is VERY easy to deploy. In a few minutes you can be up and running with a free cloud-based ticketing solution. If you have a small team, this is great. The UI is very snappy and administering the solution across a team is very easy. Service Desk and Change Management features seem well thought out and implemented.

Cons

The communication feature seems a bit buggy to me. I am still unclear on why some of my replies are sent to "customer" emails and some aren't. I have a meeting with some reps to troubleshoot this. The number of features (automation and otherwise) is a bit overwhelming.

Stephanie C.

Always improving

Reviewed on 2020/06/26

Pros

JIRA is hard at work to modernize and simplify JIRA. I've been using it for about three years now and appreciate recent changes. JIRA is SUPER powerful.

Cons

JIRA might be TOO powerful - it can become extremely complex, complicated, and difficult to understand.

Jeffrey D.
Industry: Design

Jumbled Al la cart pricing

Reviewed on 2020/09/13

Overall what Jira does is great, but what Jira doesn't do is unexpected, and expensive, annoying or difficult to compensate for.

Pros

We use Jira Software and Confluence mostly. The sprint planning and gantting features are nice. And task management is rich. Jira Structure also allows for managing complex structures.

Cons

The al la cart pricing model is confusing. Can Jira do "X"? Yes! But only if you pay an additional $1/user/mo. And good luck figuring out which add on you need.

Jira Software only allows one level of item nesting. Which makes task planning tedious.

Leigh C.

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

Pros

Features vs simplicity balance is very good. I also like that care & thought has been put into mobile & desktop apps, which is often neglected.

Cons

Some configuration options can be confusing and the pricing model for Atlassian products is great for very small teams, but then jumps very sharply for more users

Britt B.

Best Option for SaaS Development Management

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

After a number of years working with various tools, Jira is seemingly the best option for managing software development.

Pros

I have used Jira at a number of SaaS companies over the past 6 years and have found it to be easy to use for the most part. It is highly customizable and easy to implement; we migrated our current process from Pivotal Tracker to Jira with relative ease. In comparison to other similar products I have used in the past, it exceeds the competition in flexibility, integration opportunities, ease of use and implementation, as well as configurability.

Cons

I find myself running into minor bug-type issues somewhat regularly; like being unable to imbed an image in an item description at creation and only being able to do so in the edit view. Also have experienced issues with multiple users editing the same item and saving over one another's changes. Only issues have been minor that we've learned to work around.

Randy N.
Industry: Financial Services

The software an engineering department can not live without

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

Jira cuppled with Agile processes have driven the velocity and overall engineering teams to new heights at the company. I don't see a world where once you are on it you are with it for better or worse.

Pros

First of all I want to say Jira is DOMINATING the market. There is little that Jira cannot do which makes it a no brainer of everything most startups and companies will use. I love that Jira for the most part is a one-stop-shop for Engineering teams, IT teams, Knowledgebase, ticketing systems. You don't really see issues with using Jira until you get bigger. The fact that I can link Jira tickets to my Git commits and add confluence documents to my tickets and google drive files ALL IN ONE is ourtagious and its something my company loves inside and out.

Cons

Just like every software out there you cannot be perfect in all ways. Because Jira is a one-stop-shop the biggest issues we have is customization of Jira. Not because Jira cant be customized, but only because it can be customized so much that we need set Jira admins whos sole job it is to manage Jira for the entire company because of the huge learning curve because it takes so much time how to figure out even the littest changes to make our lives easier. On top of that, a big issues I see if that as you grow in Jira it is a money pit at times to have it scale with the company. At this point, we are so vested in Jira we cannot get off of it. Adding SSO, and Confluence, and CI DI, and all the features that they promote arent dominating their fields, but its like "Well.... We are on Jira and they don't integrate well with other software so if we want the best features I guess we will have to use all their software"

Vlad C.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Industry standard for Software Development teams

Reviewed on 2020/10/03

I started project management with this in my toolkit and it has remained my favorite ever since. I have seen other options such as Kanbo or Monday, I believe Jira and its related ecosystem remains far superior. Its pricing scheme is pretty good as well, you can try it for free, adopt it in small teams almost free (10$/m) and can scale it up transparently. It gets pricier when it comes to enterprise grade, yet that is the norm and i believe it is money well spent.

Pros

The software is made around the idea of AGILE collaboration on projects for the entire team. It brings transparency to the processes and is a great information radiator for the entire team. It facilitates commonly used methodologies such as SCRUM and KANBAN and makes project management significantly easier.
It is also very versatile and adaptable to particular needs. Although the standard fields are great, you can also create your own to fine tune your processes. Workflows are also highly customizable, giving the user-base great flexibility on how work is set up.
Based on this, teams which work in areas not related to software development can also reap the benefits. I've seen implementations in recruitment, data analysis and more.
Another great feature is its integration compatibility with other ecosystems such as Microsoft's which makes it easy to pick up.
In terms of services, Atlassian offers multiple ways teams can use Jira: Cloud or Self-managed (Server or Data Center) making it an adaptable offering that can withstand the highest level of corporate security scrutiny.
Another great feature is the marketplace which contains a great number of apps that provide added capabilities to the app.
Last but not least, Atlassian has developed an entire ecosystem geared towards solving projects (especially software ones)like: Confluence (Info silo), Bitbucket (code management), Service Desk and more.

Cons

The plethora of fields and customizations available can make a new user feel a bit overwhelmed. In this regard, it takes a bit to get used to it. The interface could use a revamp to make things cleaner, clearer and more crisp for the more casual user at least. (ex: easier to find timekeeping, task transitions, new task coloring schemes and more)
The workflow engine can also be upgraded to be more user friendly and provide more administrative options (create, apply, delete, manage versions)
The security administration section also needs a revamp in terms of adding or removing users, groups, roles into or from project (ex: if you create a new group, you can't bulk add it to all existing projects without some scripting in the CLI)

Fergus M.
Industry: Wholesale

Disappointing attitude!

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/09/11

Hugely disappointing attitude. The money they were looking for after 3 months was quite reasonable but the attitude of the customer support agent and the extremly deceitful and dishonest way that they promote this plan was a huge turn-off.

Pros

Seems like a very good software, is very powerful and is reasonably easy to use.

Cons

We found it through our Trello account, after Atlassian took over Trello. We were using another service desk software but noticed that Jira Service Desk could offer all the features we needed, and all for free! Or so we thought! The plan we chose is for small teams (which we are) and is advertised (still to this date) as "Always free for 3 agents". "Free" is further highlighted at the top of the Plans & Pricing page and a large "$0" is displayed. Well, it took some time to get it set up and to import our tickets (this is not easy and we needed support which was quite difficult to get). Once we got set up, it took some time to learn about it (no phone support on free plan!) and we devoted many hours to this. And all was well for about 2-3 months......then we receive an email to say that payment is due! And that our account would be cancelled if we don't pay! What? We contacted Jira, only to be told that we are on a temporary free plan, like a free trial, and that payment is due after 3 months I believe it was. We explained about the "free" plan that we signed up to but the Jira support member just reiterated her point and was quote blunt and unhelpful. We went back to check out the "Plans and Pricing" table on the Atlassian website, thinking we obviously missed the small print. But we didn't!!! They were still brazenly advertising "$0" and "Always free for 3 agents" and there is no mention of a free trial , anywhere on this page at all!!

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Rachel C.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great for time tracking and task management, but some functionality is overly complicated.

Reviewed on 2020/09/21

As a project coordinator, I use Jira daily in a project management aspect, matching our planned work to progress completed by our teams. I maintain an overhead view of in-flight tasks and projects, and compare this data to outside sources we use for resource management, capacity to contract, etc. My most frequently used elements are a custom KanBan board which shows all in-flight, assigned issues for the entire company; as well as Tempo time tracking software and the reports tool.

Pros

I love the KabBan task view, our company uses this every morning for a company-wide standup meeting. We have set up a customized board with cards that display budget/due date/time spent/etc. and it has been invaluable to us during COVID-19, as we are all working from home and need to stay connected.
Jira's time logging via Tempo has some buggy elements, but has been absolutely crucial in maintaining a clear view of task progress and budget maintenance. The time logging tools are incredibly reliable and allow the perfect amount of editing control by both administrators and users.

Cons

It is a big pain not being able to assign more than one user to an issue at a time, especially when making Jira issues for meetings, as the purpose here is to provide an issue to log time against. It has also been difficult for our company to systematize and homogenize project structure, as there was such a large learning curve to Jira project setup, and we have a large number of open projects. The functionality between projects differs greatly, and I think a large part of this is due to complicated project setup and maintenance. While Jira is very developer-minded, and many of our developers like it, it seems a slightly less appropriate fit for our designers/strategists and project management team. I also lack the ability to export some reports I need, for example a clear Estimates versus Actuals report in CSV form.

Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Great all-around tool for Agile project management and software development!

Reviewed on 2020/09/14

My overall experience with Jira has been great so far. There is a lot more to learn and Jira provides that opportunity to create the best experience for me and my colleagues. They do keep introducing new features and facilitate an active community to gather feedback and actually act on it. Jira has definitely added a lot of value in how we do project management and software development at my company. It has his flaws but it still works out to be the best tool for us to accomplish the purpose at hand this far. I'm sure it will only get better from me and we can get the utmost value from Jira in the long run.

Pros

First of all, this product offered a free trial to experience the features first-hand without any strings attached. It was great to have the ability to go and play in a sandbox environment and carefully evaluate what it can and cannot do for me and how it can add value to my organization. Set up and gaining access was easy and quick. The different permissioning levels make sense to stay organized and maintain accurate information. Some of the features I liked the most was having a great UI for exploring and learning without much training. I was personally tasked with setting up a couple of projects and the respective boards for my teams and I was able to do that in a pretty self-serve way. The design is minimalistic and doesn't feel overwhelming, it is clean and navigable. Easily creating backlogs, sprints and administering those are also my favorite features because it makes it so easy to implement an Agile project management and software development culture. The categories of initiatives, epics, stories, tasks etc. align very well with the Agile methodologies in following the same hierarchy. I love being able to get a quick summary view of the tasks before diving deep into the details. Assigning owners, labeling, story points to track work effort needed, description fields, attachments, comments and seamless integrations with other products make it all the more user-friendly. Kanban Board views in Active Sprints tabs provides a clearly easy to understand view of progress.

Cons

Managing boards within each project is the first that comes to mind. Jira does not offer a standard naming convention for the projects and boards and this can cause some major confusion. I have hard coding this manually and training people to do the same to ensure consistency. If you attached Lucidchart diagrams or embed other important document within tasks or epics, they don't update in real-time or even with refresh which is frustrating. This runs the risk of people getting outdated information which can misinform their actions. The search functionality within Jira is also something that I like the least. It does not return optimal results or even close to optimal results. Sometimes it does not search for metadata and you have to remember the actual word you're searching for to track down a task. It returns an overwhelming amount of results and the filtering or sorting options available are confusing and hard to understand. Another limitation is that even though one project can have multiple boards within, it can only have the one same backlog of items which does not make sense to me. There also cannot be multiple sprints running across different boards and all of this makes me wonder what the actual difference between projects and boards are. Jira also lacks some automation in moving tasks to different statuses upon completion. The workflows are suboptimal and don't work as intended most times. The reporting capabilities within Jira are also quite weak in my opinion.

Prince K.
Industry: Telecommunications
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Fantastic Tool that is ESSENTIAL for Agile

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Since Jira has been introduced, it has allowed the company coming closer together and break down the previous silos that were prevalent for quite some time. This assisted the architects, UI/UX engineers, developers, testers, and all of management/leadership to take a peek at different parts of the entire overall lifecycle of development. Automated scripts took this a step further which allowed reports to be generated and key points to be communicated across. I believe this tool or any other tool will suffice for your Agile needs however Jira is considered one of the more widely used and best tools available.

Pros

Jira is an essential tool that will greatly improve traceability, task management, and planning for any organization. It is incredibly intuitive when it comes to the reports that may be generated for any user. Giving the business greater control and vision into the finer details of each day (if process is followed by users), a company or organization can drill down into details of what teams and resources are working on. You can step back a level and see overall features and implementations to be delivered by any set of teams/individuals. It truly is a well thought out tool with lots of available customization.

Cons

One thing I've always disliked about Jira is the lack of UI customization such as applying themes or having certain sections stand out more than others. You will see much of the UI is plain and ambiguious. I am not sure if this is customizable from a different permissioned user however, I have never seen the ability to have a nicer looking interface from my accounts within my organizations. Yes it is much more powerful but lacks creativity in UI design.

Industry: Airlines/Aviation
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

HelpDesk Dream System

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

Overall I really loved the platform and the easy of use and they offer a mobile solution which allows you to manange, support and assist using your mobile device which is important which you are on the go and have customers who diesire information or support.

Pros

Coming on board with Delta I hadn't user the JIRA platform outside of submitting tickets in my past. There was a shell created by our IT team and it was a great start but with the help of an intern he and I were able to completely change and enhance the user experience on both sides for those who enter tickets and those who work or engage with tickets.

The system seems a little overwhelming at first because it offers so many variations however once you really consider what you want to do and who you want to achieve it really straightforward.
You're able to change and modify just about every aspect of the interface so that its complete company-specific or even department-specific is you choose. You can make it look like its an extension of your companies actual website.
You can access and run reports for so many different KPI's or metrics to see preformance or SLA's and they are all realtime.

Cons

Like I stated it was a bet overwhelming bacause there are so many options and changes that can be made using JIRA however there are tons of resources as well.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

A giant of software development

Reviewed on 2020/07/17

We've been using using Jira since the begining of the company about 5 years ago and we are happy with it. Their integrations with bitbucket and other atlassian software is also a plus for us. It delivers almost everything a software company needs to develop projects, and you can find almost everything else in their marketplace.
However we are likely going to change software soon due to their pricing jump after the "startup" tier.

Pros

Jira is an incredibly large and flexible tool to the point that you can virtually have any kind of project - software or not - managed inside it. But though it is large, it is also relatively simple to being with and can accommodate simple workflows even for smaller teams, with some neat ready-to-go templates.
But its abiity to grow into a platform that can support a large corporation is amazing. Scalability is definitely their main power.
Jira also bennefits from a very large marketplace of plugins that can bring more functionality and fit the granular specificities of each company or project.
It also has a very cheap pricing for smaller teams.

Cons

Some basic functionality if just not there, which is rather unbelievable considering the size of this tool. For example easily planning a sprint, doing capacity tracking or even moving or changing issues can be very difficult and you may need to resort to plugins in their marketplace (with their own pricing).
Some of the more advanced functionality (like workflows) is a bit complex and confusing and requires quite a bit of studying.
Their pricing after the first tier (for startups) is just unbelievably expensive. It's a jump from $10 to $1000 when you add your 11th team member. Because of this we will sadly not keep using the software after that threshold.

Feyisayo E.

Team Project Collaboration is easy with JIRA by atlassian

Reviewed on 2020/07/09

My JIRA by atlassian experience has been good. It makes our project management great.

Pros

1. As a member of a Scrum team, I use JIRA by atlassian everyday and it makes it easy to collaborate.
2. JIRA by atlassian makes team collaboration easy especially when we are working on a common project.
3. One more think I like about JIRA is that it makes tracking my team's work flow easy like ABC
4. JIRA by atlassian is affordable compared to competitors in the same industry.

Cons

The customer support is not very responsive. I wish they would improve their customer support services.

Jon B.
Company size: Self Employed

The industry standard for managing the Software Development Lifecycle

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

I've used everything from Excel spreadsheets to MS Access to MS Project and I find that JIRA is the best bang for the buck when managing our SDLC.

Pros

We use JIRA online and it's dead simple to create and manage complex tasks. I love the ability to integrate with great packages like Confluence (which is SOOOO much better than Slack!).

Cons

Getting new employees up to speed on using the software is more time consuming that it should be. I'd prefer a more intuitive UI.

Ding L.

Review on Atlassian JIRA

Reviewed on 2020/05/31

Overall, JIRA does the job for our team and even though I am on the Systems Team, we ourselves are mostly users as well. That keeps the headaches in check (as things could be very frustrating when trying to administer the applications. See above for the reasons).

Pros

A team needs a ticket/issue tracking system and JIRA Atlassian seems to be used widely in the industry.

As a user, it's easy to use for the most part. Besides having the option of hosting the application in-house, it also has the Cloud edition so from the Systems Team perspective, there's no need for servers, backups, security, keeping the service up (with fault tolerance), etc.

Cons

From the administration aspect of the software, JIRA still has a long way to go:

1) As an administrator, as far as I can see, one can *not* even do such a simple thing as change the Display Name for a user (I suppose it's a "feature" but I can't see why that's a good feature). Instead, an invite is sent out to the user, who can then set the Display Name after signing up.

2) As an administrator, one can login as another user to test permissions. That's normally a nice functionality for administrators. However, for some functionalities, while you are still logged in as another user, you suddenly go back to your normal identity. That's very confusing and thwarts the purpose. One potential good use is being able to login as another user to set/update the Display Name (see #1).

3) Setting permissions is not that easy. I tried to set permissions for an account that's used for scripting (using the REST API) but it seems very difficult (really, it should be easy) to get the permissions done correctly -- sufficient but minimal privileges.

4) The REST API is not great. The online documentation is often outdated and sometimes things don't work (with errors). Even when things run without errors, it might not actually do the thing that it's supposed to do (so you write the code for nothing when you expect it to work).

Adam F.
Industry: Financial Services

Jira software gives structure to our teams' progress

Reviewed on 2020/05/13

I've been using Jira for around 10 years. It has the most robust Item profile, item searching with saved searches, workflows with form field dialogs, alerts, charts, etc.

Pros

We use Jira to manage our teams' agile sprints. It makes it very easy to track and document stories and tasks that need to be done. Whenever a new task comes in, it is easy to put it in the backlog to make sure we don't forget about it. Then in sprint planning Jira helps us organize and prioritize our outstanding items into our next sprint. As any changes happen (new items, progress through the workflow, etc.) we are alerted and can easily follow the progress. It's easy to see what other people on the team and on other teams are working on.

Cons

It's still relatively clunky to quickly add a task, either on the website or on the mobile app. It would be nice if most of the common settings could default so 5-6 fields that are almost always the same don't have to be filled out with every new item. Default to the project, current sprint, story or task, assignee, etc.

Glenn B.

Great Collaboration Tool For Teams

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

Great way to collaborate with team members and outside vendors on ticketing and projects, with a lot of integration opportunities. Would highly recommend to users not currently using JIRA.

Pros

It is a feature packed program that helps teams collaborate using a ticketing system. Much easier way to work with team members to fix issues, deploy updates and collaborate. Using this system between employees, departments, consultants and others we have been able to streamline collaboration on projects. It also has a lot of integration, including with Slack, to expedite notifications.

Cons

There is definitely a learning curve with this project and it can be a little hard to get the hang of, but once you do, the UI of the program will make sense.

Jack E.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

First class service desk offering

Reviewed on 2020/03/16

We have used this product from the very day we christened our service desk. It has evolved into an enterprise-class, feature-rich ticketing system that we have integrated with several external directories for our customers. So far, we haven't found a requested feature that we couldn't implement easily in Jira and the value proposition is strong. We recently migrated from an on-prem solution to one of their cloud offerings, mostly for ease of customer access, and have been thoroughly pleased.

Pros

Of course there's a little confirmational bias in any review of a product already acquired, but implementing it really was a thoughtful decision. Over the last few years, this product has really matured. When we started with it as an immature FOSS offering, it wasn't really enterprise-class. We were motivated by cost initially, but Atlassian has really grown it. Now with external directory integration, tiered hosting offerings, MSP-level features, and significant customization available, I can't think of another product that beats the value proposition. My most favorite feature? The return on investment. We use this to manage service desk interactions with more than 25 MSP clients, and have never been let down. It costs us less than weekly staff meeting pizza to operate and integration with other Atlassian products is superb.

Cons

Much of the branding customizations fall flat. Inability to resize or edit logos, the prominently featured plugs for Atlassian throughout the UI, and clunky DNS-tricks requires to redirect customer portal URLs to MSP's domain.