1 618 reviews

Wrike

Manage your projects from start to finish with Wrike

4,2
4,2
4,3
1 618 reviews
Joelle L.

Not My Favorite Product

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

We had a good implementation specialist helping us to configure the product. It wasn't as easy to train others on it, so we weren't able to use it everywhere we wanted to. In some areas, it's intuitive, in others, it's very clumsy.

A few things solidified my decision in discontinuing use of the software:

At the end of the day, creating a project plan and moving between formats/views caused my plans to list in alphabetical order, then reset, then tasks disappeared, then reappeared. Tasks would move, then return to where they were, and then duplicate. This was a badexperience when you're trying to make a basic project plan, and I ended up in MS Project, then simply exported it for my immediate need. It was much simpler.

Another reason was their lack of support. I had issues with the billing and customer success sides. At one point, our statements were being sent to the wrong person, after I had asked to be the main contact. Then they deactivated our account with no warning, and when I asked they said "it's written on the invoice". I supposedly had access to a CSM, but they never called. When I asked to be contacted by a manager, I was told they would call me and they never did. I also ended up with a credit on the account, after they shut it down saying we hadn't paid

Pros

I liked the ability to collaborate, both internal and external. I also liked the Trello style boards for tasks, as well as the ability to mention people and easily improve communication flows. The implementation was decent.

Cons

The scheduling feature was very buggy, the drag and drop feature was not flexible, and the customer service was non existant. The billing wasn't right, they do not contact you unless they want something, and the product purpose can be replicated using other tools (Monday, MS Project, Excel/Trello)

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

John T.
Industry: Education Management

Glad to Have Found Wrike

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

Keeping my entire project life in Wrike, and also linking to Evernote as my reference library (putting links in each project as needed), as well as Google Docs/Sheets - which are integrated right into Wrike. They also have a Zapier integration that's letting me add new Google Contacts right into a light CRM folder so I can follow up with them.

Pros

Very intuitive UI, allows me to work exactly the way I want. I tested/trialed a number of enterprise team collaboration product managers, which I was forced to do because I found the functionality of the task managers like Asana, To-Doist and others to be inadequate for my purposes. I'm also a David Allen GTD fan, so I am always looking for a way to incorporate that paradigm into my management tools. When the list manager I was using, NirvanaHQ, proved inadequate, despite its almost perfect GTD integration, I went on a search and found Wrike.

Unique to Wrike is a drag/drop Folder/Project functionality that allows you to set up and nest projects inside folders to create a totally customizable working hierarchy. Whether you want to organize by client, by team member, by project, but function - however you want to do it - Wrike let's you set it up.

But then, you can use any folder as a TAG by dragging and dropping it onto another Folder or Project. That way, you can instantly access projects and folders by pulling everything related to that Tag.

Finally, Wrike lets you create Dashboards that lay out projects and tasks in infinite ways to make sure you are looking at the work you have to do - OR work that's due or in progress by the whole team. Plus, there is a messaging interface and an easy way to add people to your tasks/projects/folders as followers or assignees.

And they were totally ready for me, with a well-developed GTD suggested setup.

Cons

Nothing really so far. The design is good, but not A+. It's functional, attractive, but will probably need a refresh in the next year or so. Compared to others out there, e.g. Teamwork Projects, Zoho, Monday, Podio etc., it holds its own.

Austin H.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Ideal for Small Businesses — Not for Large Enterprises

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Wrike worked for a while, but our company grew out of it quickly. Development updates are random and rare. Plus, some features seem really outdated/none existent compared to other solutions. We wanted something that was more modern with more features and customizable options.

Pros

Wrike has a modern UI that builds appeal to users.

The tool itself is simple and easy for most to understand.

Cons

Wrike doesn’t have a spellcheck tool built-in by default. There’s one available, but each user has to sign-up for beta testing on their own time. It seems very strange that it’s not standard by now.

Wrike sends email notifications when a user is @ mentioned. However, the email takes about 20 minutes before it’s delivered to an inbox. You need to have the program up and running on your desktop if you want to have an immediate notification.

Wrike’s review tool is very basic yet extremely hard to use. Our company gave up on using it all together and rely on another software.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Joe C.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

A fantastic, Grade-A project management tool...

Reviewed on 2020/01/24

Wrike was a fantastic tool for the short period of time that we used it. We were migrating over from another popular PM software and had set p most everything we needed in Wrike. For a digital marketing agency such as ours, a tool like Wrike is a MUST to keep the team organized and efficient. Ultimately, we ran into an issue with Wrike not being able to migrate all of our data over, thus we had to return to our previous PM software. It was a true shame because I absolutely LOVED Wrike for the 3 months or so that we got to use it.

Pros

The thing I liked most about Wrike was the easy-to-look-at simple interface. It was user-friendly and intuitive. Most of the tools and features weren't too hard to find or to use.

Cons

The only issue we had with Wrike was that they were not able to do an import of our data from our old PM software.

Lilians C.

Very good project management software, it has allowed me to simplify my work in a fast way.

Reviewed on 2018/06/10

It has allowed me to work more efficiently, incorporating all the work team to have clear goals to work according to them and establishing the priorities of each area with their respective managers, which has allowed me to innovate within my organization in project management.

Pros

It is ideal for project planning, since it has tools that facilitate organization, one of the features that I like most about this software is that it allows to have a clear real-time view of the status of each activity and therefore takes the progress of the project updated with a series of diagrams that facilitate the interpretation and incorporation of the whole team, I can also set the priorities of my project to visualize them without the team deviating from the main objective. On the other hand, it is a software that is very easy to use, it also allows exporting the reports to other Microsoft or PDF packages to facilitate their visualization and printing on any computer.

Cons

Basically it is designed in a web context and therefore it is necessary to have access to the internet to be able to use it and this could be a limitation, in addition the free trial has a few days duration, which makes it necessary to pay monthly the license to access the account .

Dipin R.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Wrike has helped me and my team to efficiently manage our projects.

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

Pros

The best reason to use Wrike,is its request feature. Usually, we have to spend a lot of time in getting done with audits, requests, and proposals over tons of emails. But here, we get it done with ease! I just love the level of customization this application has allowed. The dashboards are very user-friendly, it has helped us to stay in track with the success of tasks and project. You can check out the chart options while you deal with different timelines. For example, a Gantt chart helps in the completion of projects that have quite a lot of tasks. Duplication of tasks and assignment of these to team members are all made simple. It has helped in improving transparency and eliminating errors that originate due to miss communication.

Cons

Actually, we had found that as far as concerned with users who doesn't have much technical knowledge related to project management, there ought to be some training given! I couldn’t find a calendar which could be shared with the team members.

Andrew S.

Wrike Makes it Easy to Stay Organized, But it Isn't a Magic Bullet

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

There are a handful of ways in which I use Wrike: project management tool, personal organizer, and wiki.

As a project management tool, it is useful to be able to create folders or projects full of tasks and share them with your team. I like that I can assign tasks to people and Wrike can automatically send emails to notify people that they're responsible for a task or subtask. Wrike has many of the features you would expect from a project management tool, such as dependencies and date constraints. Unfortunately, though, Wrike lacks a field that allows you to enter a workload in terms of hours. By default, you can assign date constraints and a duration. This is useful for viewing your project in the Gantt view, but it is useless for Workload view. Wrike has a great feature in Custom Fields, which can sort of be used as a workaround for the Workload shortcoming, but why not include it as standard?

Since Wrike gives you the flexibility to make tasks as incomplete or as fleshed out as you'd like, one can imagine many useful applications. Tasks and folders are merely vessels and if they can be filled with objects and given handles that are useful to you, then they can serve different purposes.

I have folders that I use for staying organized. Wrike is comparable to Microsoft OneNote in this way. Rather than covering my desk with Post-it notes, I create tasks in Wrike. Wrike is like a second brain that lets me forget about the note for the moment and come back to it later. Wrike has many features which make it easy to change a task into whatever you need it to be. Later, my note might turn into a project, or it might remain a private information repository. A useful feature to add would be optical character recognition (OCR), which would allow me to scan documents and turn them into content in a Wrike task.

Since Wrike allows you to edit access down to the specific user or collaborator, it can be used like a wiki where you want to share information with other team members, but restrict access for others. I use Wrike tasks to keep track of useful information that I want to share with select few people, which I wouldn't be able to do if I put the information on the company intranet without considerable burden on the IT department.

Beware of one major downside to using Wrike, which is that it is dependent on a fast internet connection. Without that, you won't be able to access or edit your information.

Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Lists, Boards, Gantt Charts galore!

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

My overall experience with Wrike was good! I appreciated that the project data could be show in a number of views e.g. lists, boards, tables, timelines, that way it could be tailored to the users preference. Some people visualize and process data differently, so having the option was nice!

Pros

A lot of project management software is alike. I think the two things that I appreciated most about Wrike is that ability to add dependencies to projects/tasks/substasks and the analytics dashboard. The dependencies are nice because if something in your project changes (which happens literally all the time), the plan will adjust accordingly, instead of having to spend time shifting tasks around manually. The analytics were nice because it helped us measure productivity and helped us make informed decisions when it came to resource planning.

Cons

This probably less of a software issue and more of an internal set up issue, but I would advise anyone planning on using this system to be thoughtful about how s/he sets up folders and users; I recommend designing nomenclature that makes sense for your team/company. We probably jumped in prematurely without guiding our users on naming conventions and organization.

Rebecca R.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Practical software for business project management

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Wrike has allowed the workflow, management and collaboration to have improved positively because it is much easier to distribute the tasks, be aware of important dates and carry out a much fairer workflow since Several people can be assigned a task so that work is accelerated and projects can be completed earlier than planned.

Pros

I really like this software because it offers the necessary tools to carry out the management and collaboration of projects, it is easy to handle because it has a fast configuration and nothing complicated so it could be said that it does not require time of such extensive training, it provides an interface that is quite customizable so we can change its color to our favorite to have a more unique interface and that suits our tastes, in addition its interface has been distributed by panels which is much more comfortable and easy since each panel offers different functions such as the details of the tasks, the calendar and reports so working with this software facilitates the administration of the workflow since each task can have one or more people assigned to it what accelerate the workflow.

Cons

The aspect that I do not like about this software is that it contains a fairly high price so its use may be limited because not any company can make such an investment.

Jeff M.
Industry: Human Resources

Wrike: Finally an Intuitive Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

Very positive. Our agency looked for years for a PM ttool - they were either way overbuilt and convoluted, which would cause no one to use it, or they did not have the tools we needed to help a 50+ agency to manage projects to completion. I was not part of the tool choice but very glad they picked Wrike.

Pros

I love the task management as it provides constant screen communication - i.e. I don;t need to 'submit' and go from page load to page load to see, understand and act on my tasks. The UX/UI is VERY intuitive and does not give unnecessary and overbuilt information - everything is pertinent and actionable. Tasks are easy to assign/un-assign and the ability to move projects through the PM process is thoughtful. This is a tool for the everyday agency employee that doesn't try to be smarter than it needs to be.

Cons

Time tracking is a bit heavy-handed and it's easy to miss a few process tasks - i.e. notifications or in-page reminders to update time recording and process levels - i've missed some dates because i forgot to move the task from 'QA' back to 'In Progress' - wish I had a reminder from the system before moving on.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Wrike is built for true project management.

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Pros

Wrike is hands down an industry leader in project management. We tested many other platforms prior to choosing it, and by far is the most robust. Key important features?

1. Ease of use
2. Great team integration
3. Connects to G-Suite

Cons

No customization for organizations with specific branding needs. It won't allow you to lock in a certain theme or GUI based on your organization's needs.

Christopher E.

Wrike For Flipping Houses

Reviewed on 2017/01/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I am a software developer by trade and training. We (my wife and I) decided to try our hand at flipping houses. Naturally, I wanted to find some software tools to help support us. After trying many tools we settled on Wrike. My requirements were as follows

1. Was inexpensive enough that we could afford
2. Was cloud-based and had a good experience on mobile and web
3. Allowed us to assign resources to a project without them actually having to use the tool (Good luck getting most small shop trades ppl to use your new software tool)
4. Allowed us to keep information together for a given project
5. Helped us gauge job end dates
6. Allowed us to see critical paths in tasks
7. Allowed us to see where slips were going to happen before they happened
8. Allowed us to do post-mortem reviews of projects so we could use data to hone in on our weak spots

What we didn't need
1. Document collaboration
2. Group Chat
3. Group workspaces (i.e. we weren't hosting meetings etc out of the software)
4. Didn't want/need CRM or invoicing features

Wrike fit the bill in most of the things we needed. In addition, I have found their customer support to be outstanding, both over the phone and in online chats. The price for higher end features can get expensive, but all in all, it is a good value for the money and would recommend to other people with similar needs. I look forward to seeing how it scales with many projects.

Pros

- Intuitive interface
-Great mobile solution
- Dependencies are easy to create
- Reasonable price
- Great support

Cons

I wish they did not impose a 5 user minimum as we are much smaller than than. I also wish the project sharing was slightly more intuitive

Stephanie E.
Industry: Computer Software

The best way to manage marketing projects.

Reviewed on 2018/01/09

Pros

Easy to add projects with tasks. Assign tasks to users. Send notifications to users. Add notes to projects/tasks so you can see what's changed from year to year. Absolutely WONDERFUL ability to copy an entire project from one year to the next, so you only have to do edits for the next year's plan. Quickly see what you have due, overdue, coming up. View tasks in a list, timeline or several other formats. Make tasks dependent on other tasks. Add design files to items/projects/folders. Support is fast and excellent. Wrike is the BEST and saved us from using an old version of Microsoft Project.

Cons

I seriously can't think of one single con. Not one. Price is amazing for what you get. There's nothing lacking.

Andrey F.
Industry: Computer Software

One of the best online project management platform!

Reviewed on 2018/01/30

Powerful online project management platform with full visibility and control over my daily tasks.

Pros

I use Wrike daily and it gives me full visibility and control over my daily tasks. My favorite feature is Timeline view where I can see all tasks spread through the time. It's so easy to manage multiple tasks and it helps you keep on track.

Cons

There are freezes sometimes when you run Wrike on Firefox. I wish they optimized it for Firefox so it could run more smoothly. Very resource heavy app. I wish they released a desktop version, but as they say, at the moment there are no plans for having a desktop version of Wrike. The reason is that there are a lot of updates taking place almost every day.

Mario G.

Review on Wrike

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

It allows you to have a management platform in the cloud, and thus be able to access it at any time and place, with that you do not need to have a dedicated infrastructure but they offer you the full service and for the payment you guarantee its operation.

Pros

Increase the productivity of your team or yours, enhancing collaborative work, allowing the management of multiple projects simultaneously, plus allowing you to keep track of your time and your team to know in which the time of each individual is invested, Knowing that each one is better, or in which more time is lost, this helps you to optimize the times and to know in which your equipment is better and in which they have faults to improve each day.

Cons

The free version is very limited, it only serves to test a bit how the application works and the advantages it offers, but to use it as it is, you will have to pay, the cost is between the average of the market and offers several plans for which you should decide which It adapts better to what you need.

Abbey L.
Industry: Computer Software

A Step towards team organization!

Reviewed on 2019/05/08

Overall, Wrike is very helpful, especially when you work with teams in different time zones.

Pros

Wrike is a wonderful solution for task tracking and project management, it is being used in our department for more than a year now and thanks to Wrike, our team has become more efficient and productive.

What i like the most about Wrike is its simple interface, which is super easy to navigate, another feature I fancy the most is its email integration, when we receive a notification about an assigned task we can reply to it directly from the inbox which is a time-saving facility.

Cons

I have not found any problem in Wrike so far but its search feature is not very accurate, it brings up a lot of unnecessary results and makes the user preplexed.

Project planning and task scheduling done right

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

We are working internationally with other team across the globe. It significantly improved our communication and also workflow. We are using it for all of our projects.

Pros

There are multiple views that allow you to look at tasks from different angles. You can have one task in multiple projects and as sub-tasks in multiple other tasks. That leads to interconnected tasks. These sub- tasks serves as dependencies for major tasks. It helps with remote development.

Cons

I had some visual bugs that support could not resolve. Sometimes it is hard to find what you are looking for. You need to have somebody to watch over it, or it becomes one big mess.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Luke F.

If you want EVERYTHING I recommend Wrike. Ain't cheap though!

Reviewed on 2017/10/18

I've given a lot detail already in my review. I use it for our tech startup social enterprise.

Pros

It's an absolute masterpiece of software. Very regularly updated, impeccable customer support, gannt charts, infinite subtasks, rich text editor for tasks, revision history for files, just... man. So many things. Great mobile app... EVERY view available: gannt, list, kanban, table, workload/burndown/ analytics, etc etc. switch between em.. Tasks can exist in multiple locations for genius organizing, time logs with comments... never ending features. 99% rock solid.

Cons

Can't make workspaces publicly viewable (you can export an interactive snapshot of your timeline though). Expensive if you want all the features. Hard to get even a small non profit discount.

Heather B.
Industry: Construction

Expensive but worth every penny!

Reviewed on 2019/03/10

Excellent time tracking which tracks hours spent on each part of the project, allows to see how employees are working on projects and makes billing and payroll hours available.

Pros

Excellent for users managing multiple projects at one time. Your able to see a list of all current projects and there current status on the dashboard. Completed tasks are then moved onto the next member listed and everything needed is passed to the next member so no questions or meetings need to be held before passing the task

Cons

I have no complaints with the program using it. I found that it was fairly expensive to add a large number of users to the account but it is worth the money.

Kelly H.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Wrike has been a game changer for us in terms of transparency and collaboration.

Reviewed on 2017/06/23

There are many benefits we've seen but the biggest benefit is transparency, collaboration and reporting.

Pros

We love the transparency of it. We know what everyone is working on and the status on our projects. We can report on our work and quickly make adjustments to the backlog when needed. Collaboration is better than ever before and the ability to report has been incredible.

Cons

There are some buggy things we've found with how projects are sorted in the My Work and Folders areas. It doesn't cause a major stoppage, but is more of an annoyance. We do wish that there was an icon next to a project if there are attachments on the project, just like the paperclip icon next to the title of a Task that shows that there are attachments. Also, the ability to duplicate reports and give selective rights to reports would add so much more value to an already great software.

Garrett C.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Robust Project Management Solution for a High Volume Team

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Our team literally has 100+ projects in-progress at any given time, and Wrike allows us to keep them all on track without wasting time tracking things down.

Pros

This software makes it easy to track dozens of projects across our entire team with multiple stakeholders, as well as manage deadlines for milestone tasks. We tried other project management software, and it simply wasn't up to the task. Wrike has a slightly higher learning curve, but is quite easy once you get familiar with it and capable of doing everything we need it to.

Cons

I wish the comment timeline within projects was a little more flexible. For example, it would be nice to have an option to see all comments within a single timeline for all the tasks within a given project, or to be able to flip it so you could see older comments at the top.

Aaron R.
Industry: Warehousing

Solid project managing helper. Great for all teams.

Reviewed on 2019/02/09

Pros

Wrіkе іs a cооl tооl for task and prоjеct managеmеnt. It іs clеvеrly dеsіgnеd and has all thе fеaturеs that yоu may nееd wіth thе grеat іntеrfacе. Wrіkе іs supеr еasy tо іnstall and tо usе. Pеrsоnally, I gоt іn wіth a fеw mіnutеs. Wіth Wrіkе, іt іs supеr еasy tо add nеw prоjеcts оr fоldеrs оr crеatе a task. Іt allоws trackіng all prоjеcts and іndіvіdual actіvіtіеs оf tеam mеmbеrs. As a + іt has a frее vеrsіоn fоr pеоplе whо fіrst wоuld lіkе tо gіvе іt a try. Thеrе іs alsо a mobіlе applіcatіоn for IOS and fоr Andrоіd.

Cons

Іn spіte оf all the prоs, there are sоme thіngs that І dіslіke abоut Wrіke. Some оf іts optіоns can be cоnfusіng. Sоmetіmes I get an alert but іt іs nоt clear fоr what prоject they are. And іt mіght be a bіt expensіve fоr small оrganіzatіоns.

Stayn P.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Easy-to-Use, trustworthy and fast. User Interface is reliable to use.

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

Customizable, well organized- communication system is amazing. Robust reporting is one of the best features. So, I recommend Wrike to everyone who’s looking for a project management software. Though it has limited features the ones it offers are top-notch.

Pros

I like the visuals that Wrike offer. It’s affordable, has unique features like the robust reporting. I also enjoy the ability to mention others to gain teammates attention to the task. The communication system is quite good. I love the mobile application- it’s organized and easy to use.

Cons

Limited functionality. I wish it had a wider range of functionality like extracting specific information from the Email and linking it to Wrike rather than adding the entire Email. There are a lot of features that Wrike doesn’t offer but its competitors does. Moreover, it has a bit of learning curve so one must figure out how to get things done

Ralph A.
Industry: Education Management

Exactly what you need to get people away from red flags in Outlook, into a collaborative space

Reviewed on 2017/06/26

This software is becoming core to the central administration of projects across three teams in the service. I would not be able to manage the staff and workload here without it - delegation has become much simpler!

Pros

Wrike has a very user-friendly interface, intuitive shortcuts, responsive forums and help request functions, so the answer is never far away if you get stuck. Planning tasks for the day, week, and fortnight is simple, as is managing overdue tasks and keeping an eye on critical dependencies.

Cons

Functionality is extremely limited on IE, so some team members get confused between multiple browsers when they're working. Functionality is also limited depending on the license bracket you're in, so what you see happening in the pilot won't necessarily happen if you start out on a smaller-scale once you purchase.

Cameron E.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Good for project management and not as hard as other tools, but a little too complicated

Reviewed on 2019/04/15

Worked to implement the tool and slowly start using things. If you do use it, don't expect everyone to be on board and use it day one - it takes time. Also, make sure you have the time to train and get people used to things, otherwise it'll just be another shiny tool that never gets used and costs money to the company.

Pros

I like the functionality and the way this is a step above a simple to-do board like Trello or Asana. It's easy to create flows and gannt charts and tasks and assign to users, etc. Very robust with lots of customizability.

Cons

Wrike is a good program and helps organize things, but sometimes I think some of the features are a bit overkill for those teams that don't need all the bells & whistles. It's not too bad though and I like using it to organize our teams' projects.