Timothy S.

I love this product. I am a daily user and use it for all of my online invoicing for my...

Reviewed on 2017/12/12

A real time-saver and great for monitoring all invoice statuses -

Pros

My favorite feature is the way you can send via email, a past due notice for your invoices and how easy it is to customize all email templates. Customize your quotes, estimates, invoices, past due invoices, and schedule the past due invoice notice date

Cons

Only that you can only schedule one follow-up past due invoice. I would like to send past due notices every 15, 30, 45 days and send demand for payment emails at 60 and 90 days and then a notice for collections notice at 112 days stating past due account goes into collection at 120 days - Then it is out of our hands -

Katherine B.

A must have for trades

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

We have only been using the platform for a month

Pros

- The pricing structure is something that initially drew our attention. Instead of being per user it is a monthly fee (plus add-ons).
- The job scheduling is very easy to use and with a team scheduler add-on you can select multiple team members for the same job.
- the phone app is extremely useful. You can select to text a customer when you are on route (providing you've set it all up before hand).
- You can take payment in the field as well as invoices generating a link that customer's can click on to make payment. Payments are shown in the job diary.
- job diaries are autogenerated so you can see a good audit trail from creation to closure. You can add to existing jobs from the inbox feature.
- the network request add-on is really useful for our business where we use contractors who don't require a logon to our system but complete jobs on our behalf. We have set our templates up with forms and questions that need completion and when these are done it shows up on our portal which says time having to manually enter data in from emails.

Cons

- Sometimes the navigation functions can be time consuming. It would be handy to raise a job from within the client module window (i.e. when you open a client you can view current and past jobs but you cannot raise a new one and therefore have to go to dispatch board).
- It would be good to have a shortcut to raise a new job on the main menu rather than having to select dispatch board.
- the asset scanning only appears to work with purchase stickers from ServiceM8 (unless we haven't discovered correctly how to do this with other ones...)
- It is limited to IOS so we have had to purchase iPad minis to sync with our android devices.

Julio e M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Best Service Managing software I have used!

Reviewed on 2019/05/04

Ease to schedule, invoice, quotes and payments.

Pros

It is a very well rounded software. Every year they add new features at no cost that improve the interaction with it.

Cons

Wish they mad a version for Android. Most of my team uses Android and we have to provide them with an Apple device in order to use the software.

Arpit P.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Absolutely great for trades

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

We setup a fire alarm business and needed a system to link customers, engineers, head office and invoicing in one eco-system. ServiceM8 does this and more. They work with a UK based company to provide support and form customisation. The custom forms are leapyears ahead and it gave our business a great professional headstart.

Pros

We found the app easy to integrate and the pc web-based interface is very intuitive. The ability to create custom forms, and other custom services is invaluable. The auto emailing of customers for invoices and quotes makes the business look extremely professional.

Cons

They have no support for android nor do they have an android app. I find this incredulous given that Android is such a large user. It was for this reason that we stopped using the software.

Jodi H.

Life Changing App for Small Business Owners

Reviewed on 2016/03/29

If you own a small business in the Service Industry and you want your life back, then you need ServiceM8. Our landscaping company has gone from a rather unprofessional mob of blokes working their rears off to a very slick team of professionals, and we are blitzing the opposition!

Pros

What sets ServiceM8 apart from the many "other" apps out there is that ServiceM8 is ever evolving, it is owned by an Australian Company which is run by "down to earth" people who listen.

The flexibility of the system is awesome (one size does not fit all, but there is always a workaround for little things) and so many options and add ons to suit the individual business, many are free.

Cons

If pushed I'd say the "Apple" thing, but honestly when your business is booming, the cost of another iPad is not an issue!

Phil N.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Great software for the service Industry

Reviewed on 2016/08/11

I do save a lot of time since i started using ServiceM8 and generally are getting paid faster. One client said the other day when i had finished, great work send your invoice if you haven't already. I said on its not done yet but was by the time i drove away. Later that night i saw that the invoice had been paid. How good is that. With all that being said, like every peace of software out in the market its not perfect and it wont suite everyone but with the way this company has it structured it can cost you nothing to try it for months whereas most only give you 14 days. I reckon if your products good and suites the user it will sell its self and you don't need to force someone into a contract when they may not be ready. Integration with MYOB my current account program is great as it updates my inventory and sales and customer areas so i don't have to do any adjustment. Using bank feeds in MYOB you easily make the invoice as paid and the information is sent back to ServiceM8 tell it the job has been paid. If i add new inventory items in MYOB they appear in ServiceM8 ready to be booked out when the job is finished. ServiceM8 has engaged Strip as a payment gateway for credit card payments, I have only just started to use this feature, my first credit card customer the other day did it online when he received the invoice. The only thing wrong is there appears no way to add on the transaction fee. May need to tweak our charges if lots of customers start taking this method up. Good though as there is on monthly fees only the transaction fee so if its not used these no extra overhead. ServiceM8 has quite a few add-ons some free some for a small charge but very manageable. I'm about to work with their Forms as i am getting a fair amount of compliance reporting jobs now and see that my old paper forms don't cut it time wise. Support from ServiceM8 has always been great, submit a service ticket and the response is very quick compared to others that i can't mention. This is one piece of software I have no problem recommending to anyone in the service or small job area and some larger jobs too.

Pros

There are two great features that made me go with ServiceM8.
1/ As a sole operator (at the moment) the cost per month was fantastic as i was only paying for what jobs i could do in the month. Some other programs have a flat cost per month that covers x number of users, this is fine if you already have a fleet of vans on the road but can be a serious cash flow problem when your on your own.
2/ The ability to customize your invoices and quotes so they are how you like. I do a variety of small installation and service work and i track inventory, now in order to get the job total price i insert items into the invoice and use the free-form details area to wright what was done then when i produce the invoice for the client they see the worded details of what was done ant the total amount owing.
Since using ServiceM8 for over a year now it has really changed the way i work with jobs. The fact that ServiceM8 keeps everything for a job with a job for every is going to be fantastic. Only yesterday i had a call from a company i did a quote for just over a year a go, i had marked this quote as unsuccessful, he gave me the quote number put it in the search box and up came the quote, revised the price and re-emailed all in less than 15 minutes. Much better than the old days.

Cons

Probably the most cumbersome feature i have found but still use it. Partial invoicing allows me to do progress invoicing on the larger job that go for several months and i need to invoice the client at the end of each month.
Another thing i wasn't happy with at the beginning was that the app only works on iPhone / iPad but once i bit the bullet and brought an iPad (everyone needs a toy) I soon found it totally worth it in lots of ways.

Nick M.

Still getting started, but it seems pretty good

Reviewed on 2017/04/14

I started attempting to use ServiceM8 about a year ago. I also changed my books from good old Cashflow Manager to Xero, which I setup to sync with ServiceM8. I am a one-man show.
I say "attempted" to use ServiceM8, because, at the time, I was many months behind on my books/invoices, and the situation really got even worse. I have now got my books up to date, and I am working through doing many months of invoices.
I had my accountant assist me setting up Xero. All was more or less working, but I had big issues with the bank feeds, especially PayPal, basically I got a huge mess, then I wiped it all out to start again, and got much the same mess again. Frustrated, I went back to my good old trusty Cashflow Manager program and did the whole set of books for the entire financial year to date (and 2 BAS statements) in an afternoon. So I have ditched the Xero-ServiceM8 sync, and am now going to use ServiceM8 with Cashflow Manager manually. None of this is in any ServiceM8's fault, Its either mine or Xero's, probably a bit of both.
Basically I will maintain my books in Cashflow Manager, do the invoices and job tracking in ServiceM8, and then manually enter the payments into Cashflow Manager, much like I used to. A nuisance, but not a big deal.
As for ServiceM8, I have only really started exploring it and using it the last few days. I have been trying to for ages, but either forget, or left my iPad at home. I have learnt a lot about it in the last few days.
I have looked at the competition, but most of them (at a similar price point at least) had apps that don't work offline. ServiceM8 will work without an internet connection (with some features not working naturally), so it was the obvious choice for me in a rural area with poor telecommunications.
So far, it seems to work well, is easy to use, the app is fast, and the website seems fast enough on the odd occasion I have used it on a decent internet connection. Just now (a public holiday) i got a response (and solution) from their support in 14mins. That is my first contact with them.
It is quite cheap and I feel that it is quite a good fit for my business. But it will only work as well as you make it, and you will have to put some time into learning it and incorporating it into your daily routine.
I highly recommend giving it a shot to all small service businesses that are struggling to manage their jobs, invoices etc. Bonus points if you can start using it before you get overwhelmed by work.

Pros

Works offline.
Seems fairly simple.
Fast.
Plenty of features.
Should end up saving me plenty of time.

Cons

Im still a bit nervous about keeping important business data "in the cloud" in someone else's hands.

Derrick F.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

Great software , I have not had any real problems

Pros

The software has a lot of hidden things that are untapped like location of techs, signature, photos, tells you when to leave to arrive at your next appointment on time

Cons

Not been able to talk to tech support everything is done via chat which can be a pain, the suggestion needs to be where you can more than 3 suggestions

Joanne G.

Great Service Software

Reviewed on 2016/08/15

We have been looking for a software that would link to Xero that would help cover our quoting, invoicing and our job bookings. We came across several, but went with Service M8 as it gave us most things that we need and we loved their costing set up.

Pros

The cost is per job and not per month/per user. As a small start up company this was a great way to keep our costs low, but still be able to function with several users. I love the custom templates which allows us to create our own paperwork. The form function is a great ad on which allows us to comply with Health and Safety requirements especially when we are dealing with larger companies on a sub-contract basis. The job components such as text message, tracking, photo tags are the things that set us apart from our competition. Our customers think we are wonderful. The new job cost module is a giant improvement and something we like to use.

Cons

It doesn't capture costs from supplier bills or purchase order, we have to do this through xero. Also inventory/stock is very basic. I have to do this through another program. Doesn't allow for booking of hours for quotations visit without affecting the job costing.

Mark C.

Brilliant software to manage jobs and staff for any service based business.

Reviewed on 2016/08/11

ServiceM8 has been the single best system we have ever implemented in our business. It allows us to manage our jobs and staff far more productively, and ensure that no job is ever missed. Since implementing ServiceM8, our productivity has doubled, so that we are now twice as profitable with the same number of staff. We could not possibly consider what business life would be like without ServiceM8.

Pros

The system gives us full visibility of all our jobs and how they are progressing. It provides our staff with instant access to the information they require to complete their work in a professional and timely fashion, and allows them to instantly invoice clients for completed work (and even take immediate payments), which dramatically improves our cashflow.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Response from ServiceM8

Thanks Mark!

Andrew ` P.

service m8 review

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

overall the system has improved our job visibility and implementation has been a success. I feel the developers are too focused on adding new features rather then improving the existing ones. There are numerous, well lets say quirks to the software that are not being dealt with.

Pros

this software has allowed us to add photos ect to our invoice for our client. It has also allowed us to keep a time/date record of job completion times to assist with any client enquiries. syncs invoicing with accounting software eg MYOB, ZERO

Cons

Online support is time consuming. Annoying quirks in the software detract from its usability and time saving features. Reporting Is absolutely rubbish needs massive improvement no way to track simple data like quote conversion rates ect. More focus is needed on improving the current software rather then adding new features.

Sean M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Very easy to use job management software. Easy to pick up on the fly and get new staff up to...

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

The ability to streamline a small business with this software ensure that small business that implement Servicem8 will see an uptick in productivity and also regain time they previously spent on managing their business using paper/older systems.

Pros

It provides small/medium size business an affordable job management solution. The software is constantly evolving and new features are being added and expanded upon. For people who are after an easy to use quoting, invoicing and job management software, it's hard to look past Servicem8.

Cons

Some of the features such as badges are a bit basic and feel like they could be fleshed out more. I've no doubt this will happen over time though.
iOS only for the phone apps leaves the android market out in the cold. Would love to see the software expand onto the android platform as well.

Lucy B.

Turned my business from an invoice mess to huge profits

Reviewed on 2016/08/10

We've been using Servicem8 for a couple of years. Before this, invoices where paper or done as a collaborative effort between the tradies on the road and admin. Now the guys are at the job, take photos and invoice on the spot. Out arrears has fallen dramatically, our referrals have tripled and our accountability and customer satisfaction are unrivalled.

Pros

The fact that it is so simple to use. People with zero computer skills can log what work has been done, photograph it and create invoices.

Cons

It doesn't have an app for android.

Response from ServiceM8

Thanks Lucy! Really great to hear that ServiceM8 is helping your business.

We have some exciting stuff coming soon to help improve your customer communication even further!

Graham R.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Awesome piece of software couldnt be happier

Reviewed on 2016/08/11

Pricing structure is great very affordable.
Help from customer support is always so easy to get for the times i have needed to re tweek templates and for when i need to find out the most efficent process to achieve my fesired outcome.
I love the fact its aussie made as well i have reccomended it to multiple other small businesses too i espically like the ability to process card payments without all the ridiculous fees its certainly given me more options for my clients

Pros

The fact it has reduced so much actual paperwork especially as it integrates with myob
Ability to take card payments and show me client history at my fingertips

Cons

There are still room for improvements like everything so probably the fact that there are a few items that could be made easier is my only con.

Shayne K.

Not sure how I managed the previous 8 years without Servicem8!!!

Reviewed on 2016/08/11

Before serviceM8 I was running my business with quicken then MYOB which was good software, but with Servicem8 running along side MYOB I have seriously increased my business efficiency. No more double entries for clients information. From invoice to getting paid is so much quicker. Being able to add photographs against every job is so handy and easy to find later. The layout is super easy to use as well. I have even been able to track all inventory now which was just about impossible before.

Pros

Excellent price! Excellent follow up to any queries I had. Never once had any issues connecting online. Great bit of software and essential to any onsite servicing business

Cons

Now that I have been able to track my inventory I would like to see this show up when entering materials to an invoice and be able produce purchase orders as well.

Alan M.

Servicem8 is the best by far

Reviewed on 2016/08/12

Have been using servicem8 for years and don't know how we managed without it. It is now an important integral part of our business.

Pros

The way it is so easy to adapt to our business needs. It is so easy to configure into the way we want to use in our daily tasks. Used everyday.

Cons

To be honest haven't had any problems that we haven't been able to overcome.

Steve N.

Supporting expansion

Reviewed on 2016/08/11

We have been using serviceM8 for around 4 months and we have found that we have better control over the jobs we are doing both in terms of scheduling and recording progress. It has also given us improved focus on ensuring we are paid on time and in full. Our overall control over what we do and when we do it has improved so much I cant see how we survived before we started using serviceM8.

Pros

ServiceM8 gives us everything we need in one place, we can record jobs, schedule work, link emails and files, make notes, and invoice all from one system.

Cons

There seems in places to be a lack of flow in the structure, for instance you can record the email address and phone number for each staff member in settings but the icons at the top of the dispatch board for each staff member do not allow you to view that information, its a minor thing but its the sort of thing that would be a nice to have feature.

Joshua E.

Amazing Tool for Small Business!

Reviewed on 2016/08/11

ServiceM8 is a must for project/job tracking. My business has used ServiceM8 for over 3 years, and I cannot image a day without it.

The best part, it's affordable- pay for what you need, and forget what you don't. Quickly add new features with the click of your mouse.

Excellent features, works seamlessly with Quickbooks Online!

Pros

- Compatible with Quickbooks Online
- Super Easy to Use
- Cost Effective

Cons

- Job diaries cannot be exported easily
- More customizable to other business types, like web designers, etc.

Kelly W.

Easy to use interface

Reviewed on 2016/08/03

Service M8 is an amazing CRM. It is affordable and its interface is simple to use but deceivingly offers so many more features than meets the eye. We've introduced this to a friend of ours who used to use SimPro. He is pleasantly surprised with everything it does and for a fraction of the price. SimPro is sometimes complicated. Any questions we've had their support team is onto right away. Their also an Australian business which is great to see!

Pros

Fantastic price for so many features. Simple to pick up easy to use. Excellent support staff and customer service.

Cons

No cons as such. Would like to see some additions in future upgrades like inventory

Response from ServiceM8

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for your review! We're really happy to hear that ServiceM8 is working well for your business.

Thanks,
ServiceM8 Team

Jamie B.

Couldn't be without it

Reviewed on 2016/08/10

ServiceM8 is integral to my 2 businesses, it has organised and streamlined the processes and is so simple to use. Highly recommended.

Pros

I like its simplicity and its ability to integrate with other important software like accounting and email marketing etc

Cons

I do wish there was a CRM element or the ability to set up integration with one. Setting up our own email instead of the the ServiceM8 generated email has proved to be quite challenging but I still love this software.

Jess S.
  • Industry: Utilities

Service m8 is awesome

Reviewed on 2016/08/11

We have ran out company on service m8 for the last 2 years and had a very bad paper system for the company before this upgrading to online was a worry for the boys who hadn't had much computer knowledge but they found with service m8 that it was easier than it looked and quickley found it amazing to use of easy work days and information sharing amoung staff and customers alike

Pros

Simple set up simple to use

Leigh K.

Stain Busters Tamworth Review

Reviewed on 2016/08/12

Since we started using ServiceM8 our clients have received a better service from us. We have been able to implement features that we had been looking for over a long period of time. The back up and support from the staff at ServiceM8 has been exceptionally good. I like that you can chat with someone and sort problems out or get advice straight away - anytime!! The staff are always friendly and so helpful. Overall a very pleasurable experience.

Pros

There are so many features of ServiceM8 we are still trying to work out all of the possibilities with the software. The auto address field is great.

Cons

This is not really an issue and it is probably the way I have set things up, but when using the description and then emailing the description to our clients the formatting ie "returns" in the description area do not transfer into the email and it goes into one long line. I think there should be more tutorials on the features so that users can make the most of them.

Greg R.

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME.

Reviewed on 2016/08/11

The system is the best I have seen on the market. It truly meets all our requirements and continues to improve. We look so professional to our customers and the history of jobs and work completed ensure we have a first class customer information system.

Pros

Ability of shop staff to see where the road staff are located,
Immediate ability to remit invoices from the job site electronically or paper based from the system.
Job and customer history

Cons

We run a retail shop as well so we have to duplicate our POS and service mate systems

Peter W.

Simply the best

Reviewed on 2016/08/15

This has to be the best start up business system yet, simply the best way to conduct a small business at an affordable price.

Pros

Everything is at my finger tips at all times, simple to use and brillent support.

Cons

Booking meeting times, business meetings/ no work bookings etc.
Have to use two booking systems and cross check with each one. Which doesn't work with other staff members if they take a booking for me.

Rachel K.

Remarkable Software! I don't know how we did without it for so long!

Reviewed on 2016/08/11

We are a plumbing and heating firm, a family business that was expanding rapidly taking on staff and our old ways of running were causing us problems. Invoicing was getting missed, customers jobs were being forgotten. We had great things about this from other people in the trade so we gave it a go. It was easy to set up the tutorial was very helpful and took you from the very start of the job to the very end. Not to mention it cuts down dramatically on the paperwork.

Pros

Our employees know exactly what they are doing every day, I know the status of a job at any given time and it shows you a history of a job so everything is at your finger tips. More importantly no invoicing is falling through the cracks now because the job is present until the very end.

Cons

I find taking off payments for invoicing a little cumbersome (I have been used to SAGE) It would be nice if you could search by customer and have all their invoices come up and what is outstanding.