ClinicSource is an all-in-one EMR and therapy practice management software solution designed to help therapists of all types to spend more time with patients and less time with paperwork. Cloud-based ClinicSource seamlessly integrates all of your therapy billing, scheduling, documentation, and practice management in one easy-to-use interface, saving you time and boosting your bottom line.
ClinicSource features hundreds of fully-customizable templates that are specific to the various therapy disciplines like occupational therapy (OT), physical therapy (PT), speech therapy (ST), mental health (MH), applied behavior analysis (ABA), and pediatric therapy of every kind.
Created by a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) specifically to help therapists and therapy clinics, ClinicSource offers users an intuitive platform that streamlines all administrative tasks. With respect to a discipline selected by the therapist, the product itself displays only the relevant options thereby making the documentation process easy. The solution also offers a goal library that has hundreds of objectives relevant to different disciplines.
ClinicSource allows users to customize invoices and send them in batches created for patients, insurers and providers. The solution also has a claims tracker which helps in electronic submission of claims, thus reducing the timeline for reimbursement.
ClinicSource is HIPAA compliant and has ONC-ACB 2014 certification. In order to keep up with the regulations, the product is automatically updated as when regulatory changes occurs. Further, to enhance security of data, users can also customize the access permissions to determine what data should be accessed by whom. The product is designed for both SMBs and enterprises and can be accessed from multiple devices like iPhone, Android, Blackberry, tablets and so on, empowering providers to access critical data from any internet-enabled device.
I was able to start my company with this software. I was able to use an integrated schedule, documentation, and billing software. The cost is reasonable.
Graphics are appealing. The technical support person is very kind and helpful. The cost is reasonable. I am a one-therapist company and for the most part, most of the system works.
(1) One has to place a "support ticket" to get any help. The initial person on the phone who takes your call is unprofessional and robotic and states that you "first" have to place a "support ticket". Then, the support ticket will be closed if a certain amount of time passes--even of your problem was unresolved. For example, I placed a "support ticket" on a Friday, and by Monday I was notified by that it was "canceled" due to "customer did not respond in a timely manner". So due to the fact that I placed the ticket on Friday, and I didn't respond to the 'automated message' in 1 day's time, (Saturday--when I was not working) my ticket was cancelled and I had to start the process over again. Once you are able to schedule "a help session", Steven, the tech, is wonderful. He is very kind and helpful. However, it is very frustrating go through all the "hoops" prior to getting help. (2) The company has not held on to the promise (when I signed on in September 2016) that there would be a "patient portal" or means to have clients register for service at home by October of 2016. They still haven't added this. It is now October 2017. (3) Additionally, the company does not know how to explain/correct Medicare billing. A tech (not Steven) did not /could not understand how to help me with G-code entries. Lastly, we can not use Clinic Source to bill Medicare Clients. Medicare rejects all. We have to bill using a different system.
Overall I feel Clinic Source has met my needs for an EMR. As is likely the case with any, there are things that don't fit they way I would do it if I built the system myself but can be managed ok. They have been pretty responsive to changing things when we contact tech support. I was concerned when we had the Medicare G-code changes coming and no one there seemed to be at all aware and I had to spend time on the phone for a couple hours explaining and sending information to get the G-codes in the system. In addition, I am feeling the same way about a recent ASHA webinar in which we talked about Exception I and Exception II codes that I realized are not indicated in the system at this time. While I understand this is ultimately our responsibility, I feel we are paying a sufficient amount monthly that we can expect the EMR company to be looking into the existing and upcoming changes in our coding that necessitates updates to the system.
It does flow pretty well between records. It is comforting to know everything is backed up, so will not be lost if my computer were to crash. I feel tech support is quick to respond and typically has always come up with a viable solution whenever we pose an issue.
Most recently we were not pleased with the almost doubling of the monthly cost. I understand there has to be adjustments, but this seemed like quite a big jump and almost resulted in us changing companies (In the end too much work and too much to lose in the process made us decide to change). As I work with adults/adolescents, I would like a table for the Functional Assessment of Verbal Reasoning and Executive Strategies (FAVRES) adult and student versions in the evaluation portion because currently I end up making my own table and attaching it. I have asked before, but was told these changes are usually not made until several people ask for it. I also would prefer some type of combined summary report and updated POC, as it is time-consuming to do both. I like the idea of the summary in which you then see the progress for each goal, but would like to have a way to have that within the updated POC, as usually, that is the only thing different in the summary and update POC. We have a biller whom we want to continue to use and thus have no need for the billing portion, so it would be nice to have an option to pay without that portion.
We have been using CS for about 3 or 4 years now and it has served us well. Until recently, we had no concerns, however, our pricing was increased without notice which left us feeling concerned. We enjoy the calendar feature (pushes to Google Calendar) as well as the ability to use some simple templates with check boxes and narrative capability as well as the ability to upload various documents. We understand price increases however we aren't seeing any new features which might make us want to consider an increase.
- relatively inexpensive
- relatively easy to learn
- good for small businesses
- unlimited storage for documents
- billing capability (we don't currently use this feature but we could)
- poor training manual
- limited customer support
- no notice regarding price increases
- interface and organization is somewhat disorganized - not as intuitive as other EMRs
Very easy to use and organize! Working on schedule changes is easy and making them reoccurring even better. It allows me to record the patients status of the day too (cancelled, no show, etc.)
I loved that it allows me to check my patient in and view their goals while participating in the therapy. It makes it easy for me to write notes and check off the goals I worked on while treating the patient. It allows you to save and then work on perfecting SOAP notes whenever you can. At the end of day I can go over who I saw and make sure all my notes are done for the day. Clinic source does a great job of organizing notes and showing me what was done in the last session.
It doesn’t allow me to copy and paste same goals during evaluations or average out scores.
make the therapy sessions easier in general
easy access: I can have easy access to clinicsource at the clinic anywhere and time;
data sharing: it allows me to read the previous notes and POC and the progress easier, it also allows me to track the next re-eval time;
progress tracking: it allows me to check patients' progress made.
cyber security: when I came back from the my vacation trip, I was informed that my company's clinicsource security was breached and we had to pay money to get the data back. After that , we started to pay more attention to the log in/log off checking etc;
formatting: difficulty to change format, sometimes difficulty to paste tables to the impression section of the eval template;
diagnosis code: difficulty to make changes to the diagnosis code once the eval template is inserted.
Each Additional Provider $29.95/month
● ClinicSource has therapy documentation functionality which allows users create documents in the specified templates or build their own custom templates as per their needs.
● ClinicSource offers cloud-based therapy scheduling which can also synchronize schedules with iCal, Outlook and Google calendar.
● Users can store documents, review data and manage patient profiles, all easily accessed from ClinicSource's cloud platform.
● ClinicSource allows therapy billing that helps the practitioner to process payments, generate electronic billing and automate remittance processing.
● ClinicSource has the capability to support multiple clinics at various locations through a single database.
Below are some frequently asked questions for ClinicSourceⓇ.
ClinicSourceⓇ offers the following pricing plans:
Starting from: $59/month
Pricing model: Subscription
Free Trial: Available
Each Additional Provider $29.95/month
ClinicSourceⓇ offers the following features:
ClinicSourceⓇ has the following typical customers:
Large Enterprises, Mid Size Business, Small Business
ClinicSourceⓇ supports the following languages:
ClinicSourceⓇ has the following pricing plans:
We do not have any information about what devices ClinicSourceⓇ supports
ClinicSourceⓇ integrates with the following applications:
Google Calendar, Microsoft Outlook, ReminderCall.com
ClinicSourceⓇ offers the following support options:
FAQs, Online Support, Phone Support, Video Tutorials