Easy. Powerful. Mobile. Field service management software.4.5/5 (108 reviews)
Service Fusion is a web-based field service management software that offers a variety of features such as customer management, invoicing & payments, inventory management, time tracking and reporting.
Service Fusion helps users in creating estimates and job confirmations quickly using pre-populated product and service line items as well as tracking referral sources and assigning jobs to sales personnel for commission calculation. The drag & drop dispatch grid lets users send job information to field workers on their mobile phones via text message or the mobile web app. Users can create invoices against job orders, process payments and update the accounting system with a single click. Service Fusion supports automatic synchronization of invoices. The tool also supports serialization of inventory and managed stock inventory using the built-in inventory system. Time tracking, payroll reporting and revenue reporting is also supported by the product.
Service Fusion is customizable and user-specific permissions and preferences can be applied to the system’s many modules. The software also offers native mobile apps for Android and Apple mobile devices. Fix St Louis and Dun-Rite Vac are few of the organizations using this software.
Again, I'm new and just started managing people in it.. but my overall feeling is I can certainly run my business on it. I'm sure some things will annoy us and we'll wish it could do this or that, but it's very flexible to a variety of service/ field businesses. We're excited about choosing it and incorporating our processes around it.
I reviewed and tested over 15 softwares to help us run our property services company, and Service Fusion was the clear winner. Although lacking in some things I would like to see, it has more in one package at a reasonable price than all the others. I'm also excited about their new version coming out.
Main reason for this review though is RAVE about the support I received from CSR; I believe a manager in support I was lucky enough to get on the phone when I called in. Before I spoke to CSR, I was still very lost on how to BEST apply the software to our business needs, and this was after 2 implementation meetings with my onboarding specialist.
Long story, short, I spoke to CSR for 4 fast hours as he let me talk outloud and verbalize the multiple "if this then that" scenarios I would wrestle with to make sure I was using SF in the most efficient way possible.
Then, after listening intently, and putting himself in my shoes, he would work with me to find the answer.
To add to the best software service I have had in years, at the end of the call, he asked me to hold as we were wrapping up 2 last points so he could say goodbye to his team as they were leaving for the day. Then, CSR spoke to me for another 30 to 45 minutes AFTER he was done for the day.
Before my call with CSR, I felt like I was a 2 out of 10 on the program. After my call, I felt like I was a 8/9 out of 10.
THAT is the type of support that will help us succeed with SF!
New so still finding things out, but 1 thing is there seem to be some fields that aren't that functional; more placeholders. If they were functional based on the data they contain, it would be amazing! For example, you can put how many manhours per unit of measure a service costs. However, when you ad a quantity, it doesn't calculate the manhours; it's more of just a placeholder?!
Reporting could be a little more custom too.
I'm hopeful some of these things are going to be addressed in V2 sometime this year, but even if they aren't, this is still a LOT of engine and features for the money.
I highly recommend giving them a shot and trying out their demo. Their staff is great and always willing to help with any problems you may encounter.
- Pay one low fee for unlimited users and access to the system; not having to pay per user can lead to huge savings!
- Offers incredible functionality at a low cost.
- Customer support is truly incredible; they offer chat and phone support all based in the United States.
- Built-in support for syncing with QuickBooks Desktop software, works very well and puts data into QuickBooks exactly as it should
- Ability to upload photos to work orders, this gives management the ability to truly see what was done on a job.
- Offers great tracking functions for keeping staff working efficiently.
- System can call or text customers to alert them that you are coming.
- Allows for custom document creation so you can create and style your own paperwork with all your required verbiage.
- Allows for simple inventory tracking and purchase orders which can work well for general item tracking.
- Separate Mobile app syncs perfectly with system and allows office staff to see technicians progress as they update their mobile app.
- Has ability to tie trucks to GPS through one of their partners to better track your service fleet and give more accurate arrival estimates.
- Built-in private messages system allows techs and office staff to chat so communication is clear and always documented.
- QuickBooks sync works well, but only allows for one chart of account to be assigned so if you use charts of account to track items/sales in QuickBooks you will need to update these manually or come up with another automated process to keep new items that are added correct.
- Inventory control is not great for multiple warehouse or for users with more than a few trucks as technicians have to select the warehouse they want to pull from each time; there is no way to select a default warehouse like a tech's truck making inventory tracking more accurate.
- If you are a small startup with only one or two trucks and one or two users this will cost you more than other similar software that charges per user. Once you past 8 - 10 users Service Fusion will start saving you serious money. It saved our group several thousand dollars a month when we switched.
Overall our experience with Service Fusion has been great. It's a tool that will do well for any small service company. I would love to see Service Fusion step up their partnership with larger organizations like ACCA and do more with their on boarding process. We were left to figuring out how to apply the tool to our own processes and how to get the tool to do things we wanted it to do for us. Service Fusion was there for us when we have questions, but a better on boarding process with a consultant to help us set up would have saved Service Fusion teams from less questions down the road and helped us ensure we're using the tool/setting up our own methods properly in the first place. I would still recommend Service Fusion to any small business like ours.
It's allowed our small business to get more connected with customers and create a better customer database along with new payment portals not available to us before. We are still learning the tool but we've already saved time regarding payroll and getting critical data in the hands of our Technicians when they are out in the field. Connecting the field to the office support team has been critical in ensuring we're providing our best selves to the end customer.
The Service Fusion team has been incredible! They are super supportive and answer any questions we have on any given day within minutes. They have helpful videos and go the extra mile to help in every aspect. Great Team!
While there are some incredible features that have helped us, there are some limitations and clunkiness that needs to be ironed out. The dispatching views are great but limited to size of screen - having to reduce the overall screen to see our entire team doesn't give us a view of the bigger picture. The phone app doesn't allow this larger picture of schedules when we're out of the office, however the dispatch does connect to Google Calendar to get it but still makes it so we're jumping through multiple clicks to get answers to customers on our availability when we're in the field.
Reporting on schedules and tracking schedules is somewhat limited. There is no good way to handle tracking paid time off (which we offer to our employees) so we are left to creating our own work arounds to track this. We run into our teams forgetting to track their time and needing to update their time on the back end - there are ways to get it updated, but it's clunky - multiple clicks through multiple areas isn't always transparent on method.
We have clients with multiple properties and while the tool supports this model, we would love for it to track the equipment to each property so we're not having to manually look this information up. For us being in HVAC, we need a way to track the size of the air filter for a few of our customers that own hundreds/thousands of properties. Being able to tie equipment to property would be huge.
We used Service Fusion for 1 month in a "test" environment. We liked it very much, and decided to move forward. Now, we have been using it in production for 1 week, and it has greatly streamlined our processes. Our office staff loves the intuitive user interface, along with the automated notifications that can be configured when field staff is dispatched to our customers, and as the job progresses (dispatched, on site, invoiced, etc).
The work of our field staff has also been simplified by going "paperless". The mobile app they use has all the information they need at their fingertips. Customers can sign for their work and receive e-mails at job completion with invoices if desired.
On aspect of Service Fusion that we really appreciate is that it is highly configurable. As a small example, if you don't want notifications to go to your customers, you don't need to send them. If you only want certain ones, during certain statuses of the job, you can configure that. We appreciate how the developers have designed it in such a way to be flexible and not force a company to work a certain way. For example, the ability to add custom fields for various entities (customers, jobs, equipment, etc) shows that they understand each company may have specific needs for information tracking that are not included the software's built-in fields. Giving customers this flexibility makes the software highly configurable to our needs.
Finally, our experience with Service Fusion's Support staff has been phenomenal. We've had to call in several times during our transition from our previous software for various things. Each time, we were able to work with their knowledgeable support staff who've spent the necessary time with us on the phone to solve our problems. In addition, we sent in a request for a minor enhancement to a report that would have really helped us. To our surprise, they followed up very quickly and made the enhancement we requested. Typically, our experience with software vendors is that we don't see such quick turnaround to implement enhancements. But our experience with Service Fusion is that they are very proactive and listen to their customer needs.
Based on our experience so far, not only with Service Fusion's customer support, but also with finding their software highly functional and easy to use, we would not hesitate to recommend Service Fusion for service companies like ours.
Highly configurable, easy to use, intuitive user interface.
Would like to see more customizable reporting, but what is provided out of the box is sufficient
This software has multiple highlights, the organization of the jobs, the visual cleanliness, easy to navigate menus and just an all round good software for small/large/fortune 500 companies.
The parts where this software lacks is in the non-admin or front-end abilities. Front-end cant batch delete, or batch enter information. I wish there was like an excel import option to bring lists in. Also, one thing that bugs me is when I set the records count to anything other then the default 10 per page, it resets whenever the page has to reload. Its like there are no cookies for individual use, only the software as a whole. Any settings I had set change back as soon as the page has to reload. Id like to see some minor improvements on the utilities and advanced options for customization for the individual not just the software as a whole.
Thanks for the review!
The setting to set your default list sizes is in Company Preferences, so you can increase it up to 100 items per page if you'd like. But I do see your broader point though and will work with our dev team on a possible solution.
Please feel free to send us any other feedback or ideas you may have. Virtually everything we produce is based on the feedback we receive from our customers.
Starter edition - $99/month
Starter+ edition - $199/month
Pro edition - $349/month
● Service Fusion is a field service management software that allows users to communicate with the workforce in the field using the mobile web app, integrated voice and text messaging or VoIP system.
● The software helps to store and manage customers’ contact information, communication preferences, billing terms, referral sources, documents, images and private & public notes.
● Service Fusion helps to improve customer satisfaction and loyalty by communicating with the field workforce and sending customers automated notifications and reminders of service appointments and other offerings.
● The product offers a variety of preferences that allow users to customize the information that appears on their screens, in email and text communications as well as set user-specific access to the system’s many modules.
● The tool offers clock-in / clock-out features within the administration system and mobile app to help in time tracking as well as supports payroll & overtime pay calculation and reports.
Below are some frequently asked questions for Service Fusion.
Service Fusion offers the following pricing plans:
Starting from: $99/month
Pricing model: Subscription
Free Trial: Not Available
Starter edition - $99/month
Starter+ edition - $199/month
Pro edition - $349/month
Service Fusion offers the following features:
Service Fusion has the following typical customers:
Large Enterprises, Mid Size Business, Small Business
Service Fusion supports the following languages:
Service Fusion has the following pricing plans:
Service Fusion supports the following devices:
Android, iPhone, iPad
Service Fusion integrates with the following applications:
Google Calendar, Microsoft Outlook, QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online
Service Fusion offers the following support options:
FAQs, Knowledge Base, Online Support, Phone Support, Video Tutorials