BeyondTrust Remote Support (formerly Bomgar Remote Support) enables the provision of instant remote support to customers using Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, or other devices, whether or not they are on the corporate network. Support requests can be initiated through the custom-branded support portal, BeyondTrust Buttons, or Windows applications, and users can fix end systems or troubleshoot issues using screen sharing, remote control, unattended access, file sharing, annotations, and mobile device camera sharing. Real-time chat, canned scripts, collaboration and escalation tools, and skills-based routing aim to improve technician efficiency. To manage compliance, all session activity is automatically recorded and can be monitored in real-time, and users can produce detailed audit logs and attestation reports. For GDPR compliance, BeyondTrust can automatically obtain and capture end user consent before remote support sessions begin.
BeyondTrust is the leader in Privileged Access Management and secure remote access solutions. The company has more than 20,000 customers worldwide and was acquired by Bomgar in 2018. BeyondTrust is privately owned and headquartered in Atlanta, GA with offices and channel partners around the world.
Staff will always have hesitation when allowing IT to remote into their computers. This can cause resolution and deployment times to skyrocket.
But Bomgar Remote Support features a full suite of tools that allows the company and its users to feel confident in letting IT remote into their machine because of its many features and customization options.
Bomgar Remote Support is easy to install and manage for your staff and IT support.
You can deploy a shortcut to computers and set it up to start remote sessions immediately, or allow a support rep to give a session key to start the session. So there are lots of options to customize how you want to manage support sessions.
Once you're remoted in, a range of options for controlling the computer are available to the rep, allowing the sessions to go faster like control panel shortcuts, screen shot options, and an easy to use file share interface.
The customer can see everything happening and chat with the rep in a chat box, which also displays helpful information like what commands the rep is running in the background.
There is a lot of transparency when running Bomgar so everyone can feel safe and comfortable sharing their computer with an IT rep.
Bomgar also integrates with other software like Service Now.
Bomgar Remote Support does take a lot of planning to set up properly and get running efficiently.
A lot of the security and transparency features will require a lot of app administration. If you're a one-man or smaller shop, you will have a longer time getting many of its features up and running.
A powerful Remote Endpoint and support tool for professional IT shops.
- Full-featured remote endpoint and service portal that allows IT admins and technical support organizations provide support for technical and non-technical clients and their workstations/servers
- I have deployed Bomgar at two organizations as an IT Administrator and support person, and Iove how dependable the endpoint agent software is for connecting to all workstation endpoints we support. If you need to connect to a workstation on an isolated network in a building across the city? No problem, open the Bomgar admin console and find the workstation in endpoint inventory and can remote into the machine, transfer files, chat with a client on the machine via bomgar chat, or control mouse and keyboard.
- Start impromptu support sessions and guide customers to the bomgar support portal and request a session with you or any other active administrator who is available, all on the fly.
- Enterprise support is very helpful, I have had to leverage them for guided updates and configuration advise. They are professional and well-trained
- Bomgar offers physical and virtual appliances, I have deployed both physical and virtual solutions from them, both work the same.
- As a purchaser of a Bomgar appliance, you still need support for the hidden back-end of the appliance. One deployment of this solution, we ordered two virtual servers, I believe at different times. As such, the hidden linux back-end of the software were inherently not exactly the same build configuration, and we discovered this during an upgrade of the software version and they reacted different to the upgrades. This was an unexpected setback, however, to the credit of support they were professional and prompt with their diagnosis and provided tailored update packages to finish the upgrade.
- There are lots of free solutions that can work for remoting into endpoints and providing support remote for endpoint users these days, which may make the value of Bomgar less desirable due to cost of appliances, annual license renewals and upfront license costs, depending on the budget. If you can afford it, it's worth the money for quality of the product and its features.
I love the way it brings a lot of remote support tools into one console so you don't need to know some of the more advanced techniques to deliver support (e.g. opening remote session within registry editor, using admin$ etc) but what I think is even better is the canned scripts.
I can create a canned script to run routine but advanced tasks on remote system but then make it available to the service desk enabling a semi-skilled SDA to complete tasks that would normally be passed back to 2nd and 3rd line support. Not only does this increase the first fix rating, it also (as I've been told by the SDM) adds to the moral of the SD team as they feel trusted and empowered.
One thing that really does raise Bomgar above the competition is their excellent customer service, which I have not even seen matched let alone bettered!
Well, I have to say I'm struggling with this part. Maybe I'd like to see the individual licence fee come down a bit, not that it isn't value for money, it's just we have a limited budget so cannot afford as many as we'd like.
It's worth noting here though that Bomgar have supported us (a non-profit university) in this area but giving a generous discount and 'loaned' us an extra couple of licences (for free) when we really needed them for a short time but simply didn't have the money to buy them...
Beyond Trust Remote Support is the most used tool in our companies arsenal. We are able to support our clients with little to no interaction on the customers end.
Simply put, it works. We have used multiple products in the past and the Beyond Trust Platform can not be beat. With the correct programming our technicians have access to the most used scripts to support our customers at the click of a mouse. The integrated presentation mode has been a huge asset for customer training.
Prior versions of the Jump clients leave unnecessary leftovers on the client computer. Occasionally we will have to uninstall the Jump Client to clean up the customers system and reinstall.
A clean, professional, and impressive way to support a customer or client.
I really like this software for starters. I convinced my department manager at my previous job to purchase it because of it's functionality, reliability, and integration to other software. It is great for tier based support from tier 1 receiving calls to escalating it to tier 2 and tier 3. The transition from each tier and group that we had for certain calls was smooth. Another bonus and like was the type of devices/operating systems it support in it's remote support service. Also, the integration to other products that we used along with our actual product. That part was a beauty to setup and see work with zero issues. Overall the best in my book. Just wish my current job could afford to purchase Bomgar (fingers crossed).
There are only a few cons I have and they are very minor. One being that they are not able to support Chrome OS yet and I feel like they are trailing the market on this. The other con is installing the patches to the hosted appliance you house in your server room. The patching process could use some attention for user ability or someone not as experienced in networking etc.
Contact BeyondTrust to request pricing information.
Below are some frequently asked questions for BeyondTrust.
BeyondTrust offers the following pricing plans:
Pricing model: Subscription
Free Trial: Available
Contact BeyondTrust to request pricing information.
BeyondTrust offers the following features:
BeyondTrust has the following typical customers:
Large Enterprises, Mid Size Business, Non Profit, Public Administrations
BeyondTrust supports the following languages:
Dutch, English, French, German
BeyondTrust has the following pricing plans:
BeyondTrust supports the following devices:
Android, iPhone, iPad
BeyondTrust integrates with the following applications:
Alloy Navigator, Autotask, Axonius, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Salesforce Sales Cloud, Securonix Cloud, ServiceNow, SysAid, TOPdesk, Zendesk
BeyondTrust offers the following support options:
FAQs, Knowledge Base, Online Support, Video Tutorials