Sentry provides open-source error tracking to monitor and fix bugs and crashes anywhere in your application in real time. More developers use Sentry than any other error tracking tool to improve the efficiency of deployments and ensure the user experience.
Sentry integrates with your existing tools and workflow to make it easier to find, reproduce, triage, and fix errors in production: GitHub, BitBucket, GitLab, Slack, HipChat, Heroku, Jira, Asana, Trello, Pivotal Tracker, Twiliio, PagerDuty, Datadog
It takes only a few minutes to install Sentry and get instant visibility:
1. Add a few lines of code to your project.
2. Automatically get notified when users run into errors.
3. Squash bugs faster than ever before.
We set sentry up for all the software we develop. It has helped us greatly to always know when an application crashes so that we begin working on fixes. We loved sentry because it's easy to setup and use. We set it up once and run for the software lifespan. It shows a lot of information in a non-overwhelming way
The interface is so easy to use, it's almost natural for me.
It sends notifications to my e-mail and often when I click view on sentry I don't need to re-login it just takes me where I need to go
Version Control integration which make it easier to resolve issues when making a commit
When an issues occurs multiple times I want to view breadcrumbs for multiple cases at once but this option isn't there and if an issue occurs thousands of times this is a challenge
I can seem to find resolved issues to review them for whatever reason, at least if resolved issues were accessible for some time this would be great, or if this is already there making it easy would be great
Anyone on the team can subscribe to get instantly notified about the issues; multiple projects supported in the same dashboard (in my team we use separate projects for different types of environments). Automatic weekly and monthly reports are simple but informative. Gitlab integration is available. I also really like visibility into team members who have already seen the issue. Issue search filter is very detailed as well. Open source and cloud versions are available so any team's needs can be met.
Since all screens are minimalistic, they all look the same at a first glance, perhaps some color or header accents would be nice, also some sort of labelling for more customized filtering could come in handy. As a PM I think I am more picky about things like that than developers on my team though. Overall this is a good product.
Sentry has helped us track down countless, countless bugs in our platform before they could have been reported by our users. Thanks to their platform we are instantly made aware when someone has an issue on our API, dashboard, or one of our worker bots fails for an unforeseen reason.
Sometimes a bug occurs that impacts a lot of users / traffic. Especially if you use an API. This can in some cases prevent other errors in other projects from showing up. Simple fix, just don't get any errors ;)
We use Sentry for our website and app alert handling. They have excellent docs to get set up and integrated across a variety of languages, web, and app frameworks. Getting alerts piped into Slack and Pagerduty was super simple.
Small nit, but wish they made it easier to get full stacktraces from mixed environments, like React Native! Would be nice to get both native and JS traces in both iOS and Android.
We didn't have to configure and support anything for error tracking and alerting, Sentry is really a one-click solution
- Very easy to integrate with python projects
- Nice UI, trace page has all the context, you may potentially need to debug
- Can post exceptions right into Slack
No cons so far.
I think I was confused by the UI navigation a few time, but I was able to figure everything out by myself eventually.
- Understand the Context: Sentry provides key details of each exception so you can set priorities based on business-critical issues. Add custom tags relevant to your app and environment to recreate specific error conditions and filter down to a single crash and user without auditing logs.
- Breadcrumb Event Trail: Knowing the timeline of events that led to an alert is the best way to address root cause and assess priority. Sentry exposes server-side history—debug logs, network requests, SQL queries—and client-side details—user interactions, HTTP requests, console messages—that reveal the full state of your app.
- Track Releases: Associate errors with a specific app version so you know exactly when problems were introduced and resolve with next release. Sentry suppresses duplicates, and you'll receive notifications if things regress. Add commit data to fully integrate with your deploy process and automatically assign issues to their most likely author.
Below are some frequently asked questions for Sentry.
Sentry offers the following pricing plans:
Starting from: US$26,00/month
Pricing model: Free, Open Source
Free Trial: Available
Sentry offers the following features:
Sentry has the following typical customers:
Large Enterprises, Mid Size Business, Small Business
Sentry supports the following languages:
Sentry has the following pricing plans:
Free, Open Source
We do not have any information about what devices Sentry supports
Sentry integrates with the following applications:
BigPanda, Bitium, Blink, CA Flowdock, CoScale, Datadog, HipChat, OverOps, PagerDuty, Slack
Sentry offers the following support options:
FAQs, Forum, Knowledge Base, Online Support