WorkflowMax, a Xero-owned product, is used by more than 10,000 businesses all over the world, providing a total cloud-based business solution for construction firms, creative agencies, architects, engineers, surveyors, lawyers, IT companies, consultants and anyone else who bills by time.
Complex quotes and invoices can be created in minutes and pushed out electronically to your clients. With a click of a button your client can accept a quote, and this becomes a job in WorkflowMax. Your team can now track their time against this job, even when they’re out in the field, and you can manage job milestones and keep track of who is working on what. When the job is complete, you can quickly send out the invoice, track how your company is performing with clever reports, and switch over to your accounting software to find all the job details have been added … automagically.
Because WorkflowMax is on the cloud, you can be anywhere in the world and still be able to manage your business. Check timesheets and send invoices from the Amazon jungle or the beach in Bali.
WorkflowMax integrates with more than 30 other systems, including Xero accounting - meaning all invoices created in WorkflowMax are seamlessly pushed into Xero.
With WorkflowMax taking care of all your admin and job management needs, you can spend your time working on the business, rather than IN the business.
Key benefits of WorkflowMax
WorkflowMax is the best-in-class job/workflow management software for your service business, trusted by 10,000+ businesses globally.
1. All-in-one software - Most tools do one or two things and usually don’t integrate with each other. WorkflowMax’s suite of tools work together seamlessly, letting you focus on getting stuff done, not on cobbling together different tools.
Leads, quotes, time tracking, job management, invoicing - WorkflowMax does it all. Enter your data once, and it follows you through the job right to the invoice stage.
2. Access anywhere, anytime: The power of the cloud means you use WorkflowMax when and where it suits you. Your staff can track time on the client's site, or you can keep an eye on how jobs are progressing from your boat.
3. WorkflowMax mobile app: Now it's even easier to manage your jobs on the go with the native iOS and Android apps. User-friendly and intuitive, you can use quick swipe gestures to work effortlessly from wherever you are.
4. Complete transparency & visibility: Because all the data is real-time - you can see where every job in your business is at, who is doing what, and when you can schedule in more work. Use this data to give more accurate quotes and keep clients informed of progress.
5. Powerful Reporting: With Reports, you can get actionable insights on your business. With a few clicks you can find out the net profitability on any job, or which invoices are still outstanding.
6. Xero owned & integrated: WorkflowMax integrates with Xero accounting - providing a beautiful, seamless software solution you can trust. Invoices, purchase orders and other information flow seamlessly between Xero and WorkflowMax, helping you to get paid faster and giving you a complete business solution.
6. Integration with over 30 Add-ons: WorkflowMax integrates with more than just Xero. Using WorkflowMax as the core of your business, you can integrate it with your accounting, payroll, customer support, staff scheduling and other add-on solutions.
No more messy spreadsheets, no more lost files, no more undercharging. WorkflowMax gives you control of your business with just the push of a button.
There's so much more to WorkflowMax - and it’s easy to get started with a free trial.
Start changing the way you do business.
Australia, Canada, China, Germany, United Kingdom, India, Japan, New Zealand, United States and 4 others
Total features of WorkflowMax: 84
- Access Controls/Permissions
- Accounting Integration
- Activity Dashboard
- Activity Tracking
- Assignment Management
- Automated Quoting
- Billing & Invoicing
- Billing Portal
- Budget Management
- Calendar Management
- Client Management
- Client Portal
- Collaboration Tools
- Contact Database
- Contact Management
- Contract/License Management
- Cost-to-Completion Tracking
- Customer Database
- Customer History
- Customizable Branding
- Customizable Fields
- Customizable Invoices
- Customizable Reports
- Customizable Templates
- Data Import/Export
- Document Management
- Document Storage
- Email Management
- Employee Management
- Expense Tracking
- File Sharing
- Hourly Billing
- Interaction Tracking
- Invoice History
- Invoice Management
- Invoice Processing
- Job Management
- Job Scheduling
- Job Tracking
- Lead Management
- Milestone Tracking
- Mobile Access
- Multiple Projects
- Online Invoicing
- Percent-Complete Tracking
- Performance Metrics
- Pipeline Management
- Project Billing
- Project Management
- Project Planning/Scheduling
- Project Time Tracking
- Project Tracking
- Purchase Order Management
- Purchasing & Receiving
- Real Time Data
- Real Time Notifications
- Real Time Reporting
- Reporting & Statistics
- Reporting/Project Tracking
- Resource Management
- Status Tracking
- Summary Reports
- Task Management
- Template Management
- Third Party Integrations
- Time & Expense Tracking
- Time Tracking
- Time Tracking by Client
- Time Tracking by Project
- Timesheet Management
- Workflow Management
- Company size: 2-10 Employees
It does what it says on the tin. Work-Flow-MAX
Reviewed on 2015/01/23
I am the director of Right Brain Insights, and CFO for a company called T3 Group – T3 Facility...
I am the director of Right Brain Insights, and CFO for a company called T3 Group – T3 Facility Services Pty Ltd. I help SMEs use data to clarify their strategic direction and boost their business performance. In the case of T3 Group, that’s what we’ve been able to do with WorkflowMax.
Eleven months ago, the only thing that could be vaguely understood was total sales to a client. However, in order to understand the cost base and truly drive profit, and link it back to our goals, we needed to be able to break down jobs, and their cost, as well as give the guys one site and the guys in the office something that could allow them to be far more efficient and far more effective at what they needed to do.
We looked at WorkflowMax, GeoOp and Connect2Field. WorkflowMax is just a standout, across these in terms of its reporting, its connection with Xero, and its detail.
We needed to have really good insights over our cash flow going forward. We use WorkflowMax to strip out a pipeline, so we can see cashflow into the future based on job activity. Our target used to be $50,000 a month, it’s now $325,000 minimum and rising. We would not have been able to hit that growth without WorkflowMax.
There used to be a fairly substantial lag in invoicing. It used to be around a 14-day delay from the end of a job to actually invoicing it. That’s come down to basically 24, at most 48 hours. We pretty much invoice as soon as the job’s finished. That’s been a really, really tight process and something that’s really cool when you link WorkflowMax to Xero.
In January our accounts receivable days was roughly 65 and our accounts payable was roughly 40. We’ve now switched that where our accounts receivable, on average, is about 45 days and our payable is about 48. So being able to switch that and stay on top of it has had a really, really powerful impact.
We’re just becoming more organised. So we are doing things far more efficiently. We are, through a system like this, becoming more account
- Customised reporting & data fields
- Real-time tracking
- Xero connection
- Pricing (so much cheaper than GeoOp & Connect 2 Field at the time we researched)
- Backed by Xero
- Dashboard design. Could be cleaner, maybe customisable
- Not life or death, but stronger connection on the cost side. i.e. 'spend money' type transactions linking to Xero.
- Industry: Accounting
- Company size: 11-50 Employees
- Used Daily for 1+ year
- Ease of Use
- Likelihood to recommend 7.0 /10
Reviewed on 2019/07/22
Reasonably happy with the experiences
Reasonably happy with the experiences
The ability to calculate and manage task time automatically without having people try to manually work out their hours is very helpful.
Planning for longer than a month is tricky if you only link jobs to projects that have been approved.
- Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Company size: 2-10 Employees
- Used Daily for 6-12 months
- Value for Money
- Ease of Use
- Customer Support
- Likelihood to recommend 2.0 /10
Dont use if quoting is important
Reviewed on 2017/12/01
It's OK for tracking jobs once the quote is accepted, and links with Xero quite well. If you have a simple business it'll probably be OK
Despite repeated requests, WFM is not interested in improving this side of the product. WFM cannot handle multi-line itemised quotes, is slow to use and has very limited functionality. While you can add profiles, and append them to orders it insists on blending all the profiles in together, making itemising a messy, manual process.
The cost is OK, again if you have a simple business. Don't try to imagine that these costs are anything like inventory. It is basically a free text field.
Tasks can't be combined with costs, so you can't organize complex jobs at the quote stage. I believe you can do more in jobs, but this is handling the data twice.
I am searching for an alternative and will be gone as soon as possible. The biggest thing keeping me using it is that I spend 40+ hours doing 20 hours worth of quoting and run out of time to search!
- Industry: Accounting
- Customer Support
Value for Money Time and Project Management System
Reviewed on 2016/06/26
As Certified Implementation Partners, we have implemented and trained WorkflowMax for over sixty...
As Certified Implementation Partners, we have implemented and trained WorkflowMax for over sixty clients in the UK. Industries have included Creative Agencies, Architects & Engineers, Ecologists, Training Companies and General Consultancy firms.
WorkflowMax is highly flexible and every client will tend to use it slightly differently. Some of the key things our clients like about WorkflowMax
1. Easy time entry - Especially the weekly time grid where you can then easily track who has/hasn't submitted time if using the 'Submit Time'sheet' feature.
2. The ability to develop attractive quotes and proposals.
3. Being able to pull processes and systems together in a centralised location. Often clients are holding project information in lots of different locations/spreadsheets around the office.
4. Huge flexibility through the custom reporting and being able to quickly see Project Profitability.
5. 'Talks' nicely to Xero your Accounting Software, sending through invoices and supplier invoices.
6. Great Value for Money when taking into account the breadth of features.
1. Capacity Planning. There is a Staff Availability grid, but time must be clearly allocated to staff and tasks for this to provide meaningful and accurate information.
2. Expenses Tracking. There are various options for Expense Tracking such as bulk purchase orders, but could be clearer and easier to use.
- Industry: Construction
WorkflowMax is very user-friendly
Reviewed on 2014/11/10
I am the Director of Melbourne-based commercial fit-out and property maintenance company, Symmetry...
I am the Director of Melbourne-based commercial fit-out and property maintenance company, Symmetry Commercial. After migrating from MYOB to Xero, we were looking for a work scheduling and quotation software, and that’s when we discovered WorkflowMax. For us, the beauty of WorkflowMax has been creating a really tight process around purchasing and sending online purchase orders. Typically, paperwork goes missing, emails go missing. But now it’s so much easier; we can just log on and see all the information in one place. If we need to re-submit a quote or a purchase order, it’s all there.
The biggest thing for us is the quotation side of things. What’s terrific is that this information then feeds directly through to Xero to create an invoice, which cuts down on invoicing time.
Functionality was a focus for us; we didn’t want something that was going to be too difficult to use. But WorkflowMax is very user-friendly; we’ve had new people start here and it’s been really easy for them to pick up.
WorkflowMax has been great for us in the sense that it has got so much scope. We were looking for something that could grow with us; as the company grows we can actually expand our use of the system. WorkflowMax is only going to get better for service-based industries because they are specialist to that particular type of software. When our business goes to that next level, and we have got more people out there doing project estimating, then I know there are those functionalities within WorkflowMax, and it’s something that we’re excited to explore.
- Programmers are constantly improving WFM
- Seamless compatibility with Xero
- Easy to use and intuitive. Easy to train new comers on.
- Would prefer if it was a bit more Building/ Construction industry centric